- The Latest: Iran holds funeral for troops killed in Syria Updated: Feb-06-16 9:02 am
DAMASCUS, Syria - The Latest on the fighting in Syria, where government forces are waging a massive offensive around the northern city of Aleppo, once the country's largest. (all times local):
- Iran training volunteer 'advisers' to serve in Syria Updated: Jan-27-16 12:02 pm
TEHRAN, Iran - A senior commander in Iran's Revolutionary Guard said Wednesday that it is training volunteer "advisers" to serve alongside President Bashar Assad's forces in Syria.
- Iran says it warned US warship to leave drill area Updated: Jan-27-16 9:59 am
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's navy warned a U.S. warship to leave an area where Iran has been conducting a naval drill near the narrow Strait of Hormuz at the mouth of the Persian Gulf, the semi-official Fars news agency reported Wednesday. The U.S. Navy denied that its operations in the region were affected.
- Iran to stage naval drill near strategic Strait of Hormuz Updated: Jan-26-16 6:06 am
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran says it will hold a "massive" naval drill near the strategic Strait of Hormuz, the first such exercise since the incident involving 10 U.S. sailors who were briefly captured by Iran when they drifted into Iranian territorial waters earlier this month.
- GOP lawmakers question $1.7 billion payment US made to Iran Updated: Jan-23-16 3:24 am
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration's $1.7 billion payment to Iran to settle an arcane, decades-old financial dispute is prompting questions among Republican lawmakers trying to piece together the full scope of last weekend's dramatic U.S.-Iranian prisoner swap and the lifting of many American sanctions on Tehran.
- US military releases 1st account of sailors' Iran detention Updated: Jan-18-16 1:00 pm
WASHINGTON - In its first official account of Iran's seizure and subsequent release of 10 U.S. sailors in the Persian Gulf, the U.S. military said Monday the only items found missing from their two recovered boats were SIM cards for two satellite phones.
- Israel's military chief: Iran deal also offers opportunities Updated: Jan-18-16 11:56 am
TEL AVIV, Israel - Israel's military chief says the Iranian nuclear deal and the lifting of sanctions that followed present Israel with "grave dangers but also opportunities."
- The Latest: Iran state TV broadcasts US sailors 'apology' Updated: Jan-13-16 4:05 pm
TEHRAN, Iran - The latest developments following the release of 10 U.S. Navy sailors detained by Iran after entering its territorial waters (All times local).