- Abbas to resign, briefly, from PLO post, but tighten grip Updated: Aug-23-15 11:01 pm
JERUSALEM - The official Palestinian news agency is quoting President Mahmoud Abbas as saying he is resigning from the Palestine Liberation Organization's top leadership body - a move seen as an attempt to tighten his grip on power.
- Iran unveils new longer-range solid fuel missile Updated: Aug-22-15 5:28 am
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran is unveiling a short-range solid fuel ballistic missile, an upgraded version that the government says can more accurately pinpoint targets.
- Deal reached in Arab Bank lawsuit over attacks on Americans Updated: Aug-14-15 4:30 pm
NEW YORK - A settlement has been reached in a lawsuit accusing a large Jordan-based bank of sharing responsibility for a wave of Hamas-sanctioned suicide bombings in the early 2000s that left several Americans dead or wounded, lawyers said Friday.
- US intervenes in lawsuit over Palestinian terror attacks Updated: Aug-11-15 6:24 pm
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration has intervened in a lawsuit over Palestinian terror attacks that have killed Americans, advising a judge that requiring a hefty bond payment in the case could financially destabilize the Palestinian government.
- AP Interview: Qatar's FM urges 'serious dialogue' with Iran Updated: Aug-04-15 12:41 pm
DOHA, Qatar - Qatar's top diplomat on Tuesday called for a "serious dialogue" with Iran in the wake of its nuclear deal with world powers, even as he blasted Tehran for continuing to support Syria's embattled government.