- Hamas kills Islamic State supporter in Gaza crackdown Updated: Jun-02-15 5:37 am
- IS supporters in Gaza demand Hamas halt crackdown Updated: Jun-01-15 3:31 pm
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - Islamic State supporters in Gaza have given the ruling Hamas movement a 48-hour deadline to halt its crackdown on them.
- Quartet Mideast envoy Tony Blair resigns Updated: May-27-15 12:23 pm
JERUSALEM - Former British Prime Minister Tony Blair on Wednesday stepped down as the international community's Mideast envoy, officials said, leaving a post that began with great promise but which struggled to deliver dramatic changes in its quest to promote peace between Israel and the Palestinians.
- Senior Hamas official Abu Marzouk settling in Gaza for good Updated: May-27-15 9:47 am
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - A senior Hamas official says he is moving to the Gaza Strip for good, underscoring the gradual shift of the Islamic militant movement's power base from exile to the Palestinian territory.
- Israel defense minister: Islamic Jihad behind Gaza flare-up Updated: May-27-15 2:22 am
JERUSALEM - Israel's defense minister is blaming Islamic Jihad - a smaller Palestinian militant group in the Hamas-run Gaza Strip - for the latest rocket fired at Israel that drew retaliatory airstrikes overnight.
- Group: Hamas tortured, killed Palestinians in 2014 Gaza war Updated: May-26-15 11:10 pm
JERUSALEM - A leading international watchdog on Wednesday accused the militant Hamas group of abducting, torturing and killing Palestinians during the war in the Gaza Strip last year, saying some of the actions amount to war crimes.
- Abbas: Israeli settlement expansion blocks any peace deal Updated: May-22-15 8:05 am
SOUTHERN SHUNEH, Jordan - Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas on Friday said Israel is blocking peace by continuing to expand settlements on occupied territory, but reaffirmed his support for a two-state solution based on the pre-1967 border.
- Palestinian patients find help in Israeli hospital Updated: May-19-15 5:29 am
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - The bedroom of Palestinian siblings Ahmed and Hadeel Hamdan looks like a hospital ward, filled with beeping machines, monitors, solution bags and sterilizing fluids.
- Gaza officials: 'Dozens' wounded by blast at Hamas base Updated: May-14-15 1:32 pm
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - Palestinian officials say dozens of people were injured when a bomb exploded at a training base used by the Islamic militant group Hamas, which rules the territory.
- Vatican recognizes state of Palestine in new treaty Updated: May-13-15 3:55 pm
VATICAN CITY - The Vatican officially recognized the state of Palestine in a new treaty finalized Wednesday, immediately sparking Israeli ire and accusations that the move hurt peace prospects.
- West Bank settlers optimistic over new Israeli government Updated: May-13-15 2:20 pm
JERUSALEM - As the new Israeli government prepares to take office, the West Bank settler movement appears poised to wield influence perhaps like never before.
- Analysis: New Netanyahu government headed for turmoil Updated: May-07-15 2:38 pm
JERUSALEM - Benjamin Netanyahu has managed to cobble together a government dominated by nationalist and religious allies, setting the stage for conflict with the Palestinians and much of the world and leaving Israel angrily divided.
- A look at key figures in Israel's new government Updated: May-07-15 2:14 pm
JERUSALEM - The Israeli prime minister's new coalition government is dominated by nationalists and religious parties, setting Israel on a collision course with the international community on multiple fronts. The success of that government rests largely on the key players involved.