- Israel to build new fence; 2 Palestinians die in West Bank Updated: Nov-26-15 7:14 am
JERUSALEM - Two Palestinians were shot and killed in separate incidents Thursday in the West Bank as Israel announced plans to build a new fence near the flashpoint city of Hebron in an effort to contain a two-month spate of violence.
- Palestinian leader discusses failed peace effort Updated: Nov-18-15 2:01 pm
JERUSALEM - Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas has shined new light on the breakdown of a potentially history-altering round of 2008 peace talks, saying that he rejected an offer from Israel's Ehud Olmert - which included placing Jerusalem's Old City under international control - because he was not allowed to study the map.
- Palestinian official: Gaza border deal reached with Egypt Updated: Nov-16-15 2:46 pm
RAMALLAH, West Bank - A senior Palestinian official on Monday said the Palestinian Authority has reached an agreement with Egypt to reopen the Gaza Strip's main border crossing in an arrangement meant to bypass the territory's Hamas rulers.
- Hamas hands over Arafat's Gaza home to his Fatah party Updated: Nov-10-15 3:32 pm
- Palestinian officials: Egypt navy kills Gaza fisherman Updated: Nov-05-15 11:26 am
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - Palestinian officials say a fisherman was shot and killed by Egyptian naval forces off the Gaza coast.
- AP Interview: Peres says Israel could face an eternal war Updated: Nov-02-15 12:34 pm
JERUSALEM - Over a seven-decade career in politics, Shimon Peres has helped guide Israel through wars and existential threats. But now, with the country embroiled in a new wave of violence, the 92-year-old elder statesman worries that if its leaders do not get serious about pursuing peace with the Palestinians, it will be in an eternal state of war and risk losing its Jewish majority.
- Gaza family is first to return to rebuilt home after war Updated: Nov-01-15 6:02 am
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - The al-Zazas have much to celebrate these days, after returning a few weeks ago to their neighborhood in the Gaza Strip - the first Palestinian family to move back into a completely rebuilt home since last year's war between Israel and the Islamic militant group Hamas.
- Abbas slams Netanyahu, seeks 'protection' for Palestinians Updated: Oct-28-15 12:26 pm
GENEVA - Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas on Wednesday called for international protection for the Palestinians, saying the human rights situation under Israeli occupation is at its worst ever, and accused Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of exploiting the Holocaust to attack the Palestinians.