- US likely to intervene in Palestinian terror case Updated: Aug-04-15 9:04 pm
WASHINGTON - The U.S. government is moving closer to intervening in a high-stakes civil case over deadly Palestinian terror attacks as officials met Tuesday with victims' families to discuss concerns over a jury verdict worth hundreds of millions of dollars.
- AP Interview: Qatar's FM urges 'serious dialogue' with Iran Updated: Aug-04-15 12:41 pm
DOHA, Qatar - Qatar's top diplomat on Tuesday called for a "serious dialogue" with Iran in the wake of its nuclear deal with world powers, even as he blasted Tehran for continuing to support Syria's embattled government.
- Shooting in Lebanon refugee camp leaves 2 dead, 3 wounded Updated: Jul-28-15 4:26 pm
BEIRUT - Palestinian officials say a shooting in a refugee camp in southern Lebanon has killed two people and wounded three.
- Jordan court sentences 12 in alleged Hamas plot Updated: Jul-28-15 1:26 pm
AMMAN, Jordan - A government official says Jordan's state security court sentenced 12 defendants to prison terms ranging from one to 15 years in what local media described as a plot by the Islamic militant Hamas group to carry out attacks in the West Bank.
- After delays, construction begins on destroyed homes in Gaza Updated: Jul-23-15 2:45 pm
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - Undeterred by scorching heat, Palestinian workers in Gaza on Thursday hammered nails into wooden boards and jolted steel bars as they lay the foundations for the first group of homes to be rebuilt since the war with Israel last summer. The work brought a rare glimmer of hope to a territory that remains devastated a year after the fighting.
- Saudi official downplays significance of recent Hamas visit Updated: Jul-23-15 10:23 am
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - Saudi Arabia's top diplomat says a recent visit by the leader of Hamas was for religious purposes and was not an official political visit to the kingdom.
- Gaza bombings target cars of Hamas officials; no fatalities Updated: Jul-19-15 2:10 pm
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - At least four bombings rocked Gaza City early Sunday, targeting cars belonging to officials from Islamic factions, including the territory's Hamas rulers. There were no fatalities from the blasts.
- Top PLO official says Palestinian leader fired him illegally Updated: Jul-12-15 9:32 am
RAMALLAH, West Bank - A top PLO official recently fired by Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas says he was dismissed illegally in a move that bodes ill for Palestinian institutions.