- UN refugee chief seeks better EU cooperation on migrants Updated: Aug-26-15 4:18 pm
GENEVA - The Europe Union's asylum system is "completely dysfunctional," the head of the U.N. refugee agency said Wednesday, urging the bloc to better coordinate its response to the influx of thousands of refugees fleeing violence in Africa and the Middle East.
- Airman on Paris-bound train could get Air Force medal Updated: Aug-24-15 5:29 pm
WASHINGTON - Airman 1st Class Spencer Stone's military unit is nominating him for the prestigious Airman's Medal in honor of his actions to subdue a heavily armed gunman on the Amsterdam-to-Paris train last Friday, Air Force Secretary Deborah Lee James told reporters.
- The Latest: French official confirms ID of train attacker Updated: Aug-22-15 3:09 pm
The latest on the gunman who was subdued by passengers after opening fire at a train traveling from Amsterdam to Paris (all times local Paris time):
- France considers further reduction of its troops in CAR Updated: Aug-19-15 11:00 am
PARIS - The French government considers withdrawing more of its troops from Central African Republic by the end of the year.
- Ohio veteran gets French honor for military service in WWII Updated: Aug-12-15 7:23 am
SPRINGFIELD, Ohio - A 91-year-old military veteran in western Ohio has been awarded France's highest civilian honor for his service during World War II.
- Quick or slow with Flight 370 news, Malaysia finds criticism Updated: Aug-07-15 7:25 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Malaysia was intensely criticized early in the Flight 370 mystery for failing to quickly disclose that its military radar had picked up an unidentified aircraft the night the Boeing 777 disappeared. Now its reticence has given way to what looks like haste - compared to other countries involved, at least - and that has left relatives of the missing as exasperated as ever.
- Mystery of Flight 370 evolves with first tangible clue Updated: Aug-06-15 11:52 am
SYDNEY - For 17 months, Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 was, in a sense, nowhere. The lack of any tangible clue to its fate was eerie, unsettling, bizarre - a real-world echo of the TV show "Lost" and the wayward-jetliner mystery at the heart of its story.
- The Latest on MH370: Madagascar also alert for plane debris Updated: Aug-06-15 9:36 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - The latest on the missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 (all times local):
- Loose papers may have caused deadly F-16 crash in Spain Updated: Jul-30-15 11:24 am
PARIS - Loose papers left in the cockpit of an F-16 that crashed at a Spanish air base could have sent the fighter jet into its deadly spiral, French investigators have concluded.
- Iran, France talk of 'new era' in ties after nuclear deal Updated: Jul-29-15 10:33 am
TEHRAN, Iran - France sought Wednesday to relaunch diplomatic ties with Iran in the hope of boosting business in the country, following a key nuclear deal between Tehran and world powers reached earlier this month.