- 1984 Indiana governor candidate Wayne Townsend dies Updated: Jul-03-15 5:09 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Wayne Townsend, the 1984 Democratic nominee for Indiana governor who broke a barrier by picking a woman as his running mate, died Friday at age 89.
- Democratic state lawmaker won't make Indiana's US Senate bid Updated: Jun-29-15 1:28 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A state lawmaker considered a possible Democratic candidate for the U.S. Senate next year has decided against entering the race.
- Indiana House hires attorneys to defend public records suit Updated: Jun-29-15 11:19 am
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indiana House of Representatives has hired two outside attorneys who bill an average of nearly $400 an hour to defend itself from a lawsuit filed over its refusal to provide correspondence over a solar power bill under the state's public records law.
- Pence defiant on religious objections law in campaign launch Updated: Jun-18-15 8:10 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana Gov. Mike Pence took a defiant tone in launching his 2016 re-election campaign, saying he's ready to take on opponents seeking to use the uproar over the state's religious objections law against him.
- Recent editorials published in Indiana newspapers Updated: Jun-15-15 8:04 am
South Bend Tribune. June 10, 2015.
- State police's stagnant pay concerns some Indiana lawmakers Updated: Jun-12-15 9:20 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Stagnant pay for Indiana State Police troopers has some lawmakers worried that the agency will lose officers to higher-paying departments.
- Lawmaker who spurred review: Indiana has too much testing Updated: Jun-08-15 4:05 am
INDIANAPOLIS - A lawmaker who sponsored a bill that's spurred a review of Indiana's ISTEP+ testing program says the state has "too much highstakes testing."