- Report: Solyndra misrepresented facts to get loan guarantee Updated: Aug-26-15 6:31 pm
WASHINGTON - A four-year investigation has concluded that officials of the solar company Solyndra misrepresented facts and omitted key information in their efforts to get a $535 million loan guarantee from the federal government.
- Authorities find no dangerous materials in backpack at UI Updated: Aug-24-15 6:25 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Authorities at the University of Iowa say a suspicious backpack left at the president's office did not contain dangerous materials.
- Report could speed up diplomatic training center in Va. Updated: Aug-24-15 3:20 pm
State Department officials are hoping a soon-to-be released report will help end wrangling in Congress that has delayed construction on a diplomatic security training center at a National Guard base in Virginia.
- The Latest: Seoul to halt broadcasts; N Korea shows regret Updated: Aug-24-15 2:59 pm
SEOUL, South Korea - The latest on the tensions on the Korean Peninsula (all times local):
- Federal funding to help drug crackdown efforts in Appalachia Updated: Aug-17-15 11:58 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Drug crackdown efforts in West Virginia and three other states will receive a federal funding boost of nearly $400,000.
- Demolition plan OK'd in southern Ohio uranium plant cleanup Updated: Jul-31-15 12:09 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - State and federal agencies have agreed on a plan for demolishing huge buildings and other facilities from a Cold War-era uranium plant in southern Ohio.