- US official seeks support for European trade deal in Poland Updated: Jan-24-16 6:06 pm
WARSAW, Poland - U.S. Trade Representative Michael Froman was welcomed Sunday by Polish entrepreneurs as he worked to finalize a free trade pact between the United States and the European Union.
- North Dakota to slash state spending after oil price fall Updated: Jan-22-16 3:29 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A dramatic drop in North Dakota tax collections due to declining oil activity will force cuts in state government and a likely raid on a rainy day fund to make up for millions of dollars in shortfalls, the state's top budget writer said Friday.
- Negotiator: Other nations interested in Pacific Rim deal Updated: Jan-19-16 6:50 pm
NEW ORLEANS - One of the negotiators of the Pacific Rim trade agreement said Tuesday that since the deal was reached in October, about 13 other countries have requested information about the Trans-Pacific Partnership and some have wanted to join it.
- 2 Oklahoma counties designated high drug trafficking areas Updated: Jan-17-16 5:04 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - McIntosh and Pittsburg Counties in eastern Oklahoma have been officially designated as high drug trafficking areas - a federal designation that should make additional funds available to fight rampant prescription drug and methamphetamine abuse.
- Appeals court troubled over official's private email account Updated: Jan-14-16 4:46 pm
WASHINGTON - A federal appeals panel seems likely to rule that work-related emails on a private account used by the White House's top science adviser are subject to the Freedom of Information Act.
- $510M Charleston Harbor Deepening passes another milestone Updated: Jan-14-16 2:48 pm
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - The $510 million deepening of the Charleston Harbor shipping channel has reached another milestone.
- House GOP roads chairman says Pence funding plan a 'gamble' Updated: Jan-13-16 8:54 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A key Republican leader on transportation issues dismissed Gov. Mike Pence's short-term plan to rebuild the state's infrastructure as a "gamble" that would not provide a steady stream of funding to maintain deteriorating roads and bridges.
- Delaware auditor questions energy efficiency project Updated: Jan-12-16 7:20 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Delaware's state auditor says there's no proof that a multimillion-dollar energy efficiency project involving legislative mall buildings will ever pay off for taxpayers.
- White House says Obama's final budget to be unveiled Feb. 9 Updated: Jan-07-16 5:36 pm
WASHINGTON - The White House says President Barack Obama's final recommended budget will be released on Feb. 9.
- North Dakota 3rd quarter taxable sales drop 25 percent Updated: Jan-06-16 2:53 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - North Dakota's economy is continuing a downward dive due to low crop prices and a sustained oil industry slump, the state Tax Department reported Wednesday.