- San Francisco retains immigrant sanctuary protections Updated: May-24-16 10:49 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Despite national outrage after a Mexican man killed a woman along a waterfront pier, San Francisco officials upheld the city's strict sanctuary protections for people who are in the country illegally.
- Texas immigration facility to house transgender detainees Updated: May-23-16 5:53 pm
DALLAS - A detention facility for immigrants set to open later this year in Texas will include a special unit for transgender people, the second of its kind in the federal system.
- Immigration agents arrest 87 people in Nevada Updated: May-17-16 1:02 pm
RENO, Nevada - Federal immigration enforcement agents have arrested 87 people in Reno and Las Vegas during a five-day operation.
- 2 Mexican men extradited to US in death of federal agent Updated: May-16-16 7:21 pm
WASHINGTON - Two Mexican men have been extradited to the United States to face charges in the 2011 shooting death of an Immigration and Customs Enforcement special agent.
- Anti-counterfeiting group suspends Alibaba Updated: May-13-16 7:48 pm
SHANGHAI - An anti-counterfeiting group said Friday it was suspending Alibaba's membership following an uproar by some companies that view the Chinese e-commerce giant as the world's largest marketplace for fakes.
- The Latest: Man charged in 2-state rampage to stand trial Updated: May-12-16 7:30 pm
MONTGOMERY CITY, Missouri - The Latest on legal action against a Mexican national accused of killing five men in Kansas and Missouri in March (all times local):
- Man accused in 2-state killing rampage to stand trial Updated: May-12-16 7:27 pm
MONTGOMERY CITY, Missouri - A Mexican national suspected of killing five men in a two-state crime rampage will stand trial in Missouri, a judge ruled Thursday.
- Russian man dies at San Diego immigration detention center Updated: May-03-16 4:37 pm
SAN DIEGO - Authorities say a Russian man has died at a San Diego immigration detention center. The cause of death is undetermined.
- 11 Cubans on 1984 list deported, but no US policy change Updated: Apr-29-16 7:06 pm
MIAMI - The U.S. has deported 11 Cubans under an agreement Washington made with Havana after a massive 1980 boatlift.