- Customs officials recover idol looted from Indian temple Updated: Jul-01-15 10:44 pm
NEW YORK - Customs officials in New York have recovered a bronze religious statue from the 11th or 12th century that they say was looted from a temple in India.
- Feds arrest 25 foreign nationals in Vegas enforcement sweep Updated: Jul-01-15 4:18 pm
LAS VEGAS - Federal officials say 25 foreign citizens including convicted child sex offenders and drug traffickers were arrested in the Las Vegas area during a four-day operation last week.
- Complaint: Family detention can lead to psychological harm Updated: Jun-30-15 2:51 pm
SAN ANTONIO - Detaining immigrant women and children who may have fled violence in their home country "creates or exacerbates" psychological trauma, according to a complaint filed Tuesday by immigrant rights groups with the Department of Homeland Security.
- Transgender immigration detainees may be housed by gender Updated: Jun-29-15 7:13 pm
SANTA ANA, California - Immigration authorities will consider housing transgender detainees based on the gender they identify with in the wake of criticism about detention conditions for the population, officials said on Monday.
- Feds call for end of long-term detention of migrant families Updated: Jun-24-15 4:30 pm
HOUSTON - Federal officials plan to end the long-term detention of hundreds of migrant families who are being held mainly at two large facilities in Texas after illegally entering the country, Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson announced Wednesday.
- Woman says miscarried after shackled in immigration facility Updated: Jun-19-15 7:17 pm
An asylum seeker from Mexico suffered a miscarriage after she tripped and fell while shackled in immigration detention, even though pregnant detainees are not supposed to be restrained, her lawyers said.
- Immigration detainee from Mexico dies at Colorado hospital Updated: Jun-19-15 3:33 pm
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - A Mexican national in the custody of U.S. immigration authorities since June 9 has died from complications due to liver and kidney failure in Colorado Springs.
- Parents of man killed by agent await update from prosecutors Updated: Jun-19-15 7:49 am
DETROIT - The parents of a 20-year-old Detroit man fatally shot by an Immigration and Customs Enforcement agent say they're eagerly awaiting an update on the case from prosecutors.
- Immigration agent charged in attack appears in court Updated: Jun-17-15 5:21 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A federal judge ruled Wednesday that he won't allow attorneys for an immigration agent accused of slamming a man's face into a concrete floor to question the alleged victim about benefits he's received for participating in the case.
- House Dems to visit Texas immigrant detention facilities Updated: Jun-17-15 4:52 pm
SAN ANTONIO - Several members of Congress will visit two South Texas detention facilities that house immigrant mothers and children mostly from Central America.
- Report: Immigrant quotas benefit for-profit prison operators Updated: Jun-12-15 6:10 pm
SAN ANTONIO - Minimum occupancy quotas at immigrant detention facilities nationwide benefit for-profit prison operators by guaranteeing the government pays for thousands of detainees, regardless of whether those spots are filled, according to a new report by a group that monitors immigrant detention.
- Apple company to pay $2.25M in immigration penalty Updated: Jun-04-15 1:34 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - An Eastern Washington apple company will pay $2.25 million in civil penalties to the federal government for violations of a law requiring it to verify the eligibility of people to work in the United States, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement said Thursday.