- Immigration lawyer says she was barred from detention center Updated: Aug-25-15 2:46 pm
LOS ANGELES - An immigration lawyer says she was denied entry to a detention center in Southern California after participating in peaceful vigils at the site.
- 2 lawyers banned from detention center, deepens dispute Updated: Aug-23-15 10:43 am
SAN ANTONIO - U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement has banned two volunteer attorneys from a South Texas family detention center for violating visitation standards.
- Retired police officer sentenced in child pornography case Updated: Aug-21-15 8:58 am
DETROIT - A former southwest Ohio police officer who was arrested in Michigan on child pornography charges while entering the United States from Canada has been sentenced to five years in prison.
- Prosecutor: No charges for ICE agent in Detroit man's death Updated: Aug-19-15 2:19 pm
DETROIT - A U.S. customs agent fatally shot a 20-year-old Detroit armed robbery suspect in self-defense and will not be charged in the killing, the Wayne County prosecutor said Wednesday.
- The Latest: Family plans lawsuit in killing of Detroit man Updated: Aug-19-15 12:41 pm
DETROIT - The latest on the fatal shooting of a Detroit man by an Immigration and Customs Enforcement agent (all times local):
- Ohio college says foreign worker visa use investigated Updated: Aug-18-15 2:20 pm
CINCINNATI - A state university in southwest Ohio has announced that its foreign-worker visa program is under federal investigation.
- Correction: Drug-Smuggling Drones story Updated: Aug-13-15 6:22 pm
EL CENTRO, California - In a story Aug. 12 about drug-smuggling drones, The Associated Press reported erroneously, citing information from a U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement spokeswoman, that defendant Jonathan Elias controlled a drone carrying heroin. Prosecutor Sherri Hobson said defendant Brayan Valle controlled the drone. According to a plea agreement, Valle loaded the drugs and drone controller in Elias' trunk.
- Activists to protest notification of ICE about jail releases Updated: Aug-13-15 3:04 am
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Immigrant activists are scheduled to protest Gov. Larry Hogan's decision to comply with a federal program to notify federal authorities about when and where people facing possible deportation will be released from jail.
- Immigrant women allege mistreatment at US detention centers Updated: Aug-10-15 6:50 pm
SAN ANTONIO - Five immigrant mothers held in facilities with their children are seeking millions of dollars in damages from the U.S. government for what they contend is psychological and physical harm as a result of being detained, according to court papers filed Monday.
- Immigrant in church sanctuary reaches one-year mark Updated: Aug-08-15 4:08 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - Rosa Robles Loreto could leave the small, Tucson church where she has spent the past year. But there is no guarantee she won't be sent back to Mexico, her native country.
- US judge: Sheriff didn't violate Hispanics' civil rights Updated: Aug-07-15 6:34 pm
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - The U.S. Justice Department failed to prove a North Carolina county sheriff ordered deputies to target Hispanic residents in violation of their civil rights, a federal judge ruled Friday.