- Federal watchdog reopening latest probe of Secret Service Updated: Oct-05-15 6:30 pm
WASHINGTON - The Homeland Security Department's internal watchdog is reopening the investigation into efforts by the Secret Service to discredit a congressman.
- Chaffetz made career by confronting establishment Updated: Oct-05-15 8:09 am
WASHINGTON - One-time college placekicker Jason Chaffetz wants to boot Republican House leaders off their path to promotions.
- Obama thanks Secret Service for protecting world leaders Updated: Sep-29-15 3:39 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama praised the Secret Service for a whirlwind week that included protecting Pope Francis, Chinese President Xi Jinping and more than 100 world leaders at U.N. meetings in New York.
- Pope's security faces Capitol test after parade incident Updated: Sep-24-15 10:08 am
WASHINGTON - Five-year-old Sophie Cruz made her way through a security fence and was just feet from Pope Francis' popemobile during a short parade around the White House when she hesitated.
- Vigil near White House interrupted; security concerns cited Updated: Sep-21-15 1:47 pm
WASHINGTON - Authorities ordered hundreds of cancer-stricken children and their supporters to leave a park by the White House this weekend, citing security concerns as the president was scheduled to head to a speaking engagement.
- Parkway to hold about a quarter-million for papal mass Updated: Sep-18-15 10:23 pm
PHILADELPHIA - The parkway where Pope Francis will celebrate Mass will be able to hold about 250,000 people and overflow crowds that organizers expect will bring the turnout total to a million or more will be able to view the service on jumbo TV screens, officials said in an update Friday.