- Prosecutors ask for almost 2 years in White House entry case Updated: Jun-02-15 10:59 am
WASHINGTON - Federal prosecutors say a judge should sentence a knife-carrying U.S. Army veteran who got over the White House fence and inside the executive mansion to almost two years in prison.
- Correction: Presidential Expenses story Updated: May-20-15 1:37 pm
WASHINGTON - In a story May 19 about expenses for former presidents, The Associated Press reported erroneously that former President George H.W. Bush left office in 1989. He took office that year and left office in 1993.
- Man apprehended after flying drone near White House Updated: May-14-15 5:03 pm
WASHINGTON - The U.S. Secret Service apprehended a man who was flying a small drone Thursday afternoon in a park outside the White House, a violation of federal aviation rules.
- Again? Agents likely 'impaired' in White House incident Updated: May-14-15 4:18 pm
WASHINGTON - What were they thinking?
- US to add second layer of steel spikes to White House fence Updated: May-07-15 6:57 pm
WASHINGTON - The Secret Service is adding a second layer of steel spikes to the top of the White House fence to keep would-be intruders at bay, according to a proposal submitted to the National Capital Planning Commission.