- $121,000 fine for worker's death in NYC mezzanine collapse Updated: May-29-15 8:38 pm
NEW YORK - Federal regulators say a construction company's dangerous approach to demolition caused a mezzanine collapse that killed a worker at a New York City car dealership.
- US fines Wisconsin bar $7,000 for death in dumbwaiter Updated: May-29-15 8:32 pm
FOUNTAIN CITY, Wisconsin - The U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration has fined a Wisconsin bar $7,000 for the death of an employee who died when her head got caught in a dumbwaiter.
- Federal court cites Kansas City foundry for contempt Updated: May-23-15 1:47 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A federal judge has found the owner of a Kansas City foundry in criminal contempt of court for refusing to allow a federal inspection required after a worker was found to have high blood lead levels, the U.S. Department of Labor said.
- Employer of Utah man mauled by bear could face $15K in fines Updated: May-15-15 12:32 pm
JACKSON, Wyoming - An Idaho company is facing more than $15,000 in fines after one of its employees was killed in a bear mauling last year while he was conducting research alone and without bear spray or other personal defense tools in a wilderness area known to have grizzly bears.
- US cites DuPont over gas leak that killed 4 workers Updated: May-14-15 7:07 pm
LA PORTE, Texas - Federal work-safety agents cited DuPont on Thursday for 11 safety violations relating to a toxic gas leak last November that killed four workers at a Houston-area plant.
- Agency cites Wisconsin dairy co-op in grain bin death Updated: May-11-15 5:28 pm
GRANTSBURG, Wisconsin - A federal worker safety agency is proposing a $193,000 fine against a Wisconsin dairy co-op after a man died in a grain bin in November.
- Duct firm fined $1M over ignored warnings, employee injuries Updated: May-11-15 5:20 pm
MONTGOMERYVILLE, Pennsylvania - A company whose ventilation products whisk air through the Chrysler Building and Yankee Stadium has been fined more than $1 million and placed in a violator program for ignoring what federal regulators say were repeated warnings about dangerous machinery.
- OSHA investigating fatal crane accident in New Haven Updated: May-05-15 5:40 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - The federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration is investigating a fatal weekend accident at the Pearl Harbor Memorial Bridge construction site in New Haven.