- Nevada says national nuclear dump could harm farm community Updated: Nov-20-15 6:38 pm
LAS VEGAS - Radioactive well-water contamination could threaten some 1,400 people in a rural farming community if federal regulators allow the nation's deadliest nuclear waste to be buried in the Nevada desert, state officials said in a report issued Friday.
- PG&E hit for flawed documentation at Diablo Canyon Updated: Nov-16-15 4:26 pm
LOS ANGELES - Federal regulators have hit the owner of California's last operating nuclear power plant with a low-level violation for failing to properly document a review of equipment involving seismic issues.
- NY agency objects to relicensing Indian Point nuclear plant Updated: Nov-12-15 3:24 pm
ALBANY, New York - A New York agency has objected to relicensing the Indian Point nuclear plant on the Hudson River, saying it kills millions of fish larvae and sits near seismic faults with an earthquake threat to millions of people.
- Dominion to seek license renewal for Surry nuclear station Updated: Nov-06-15 12:47 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Dominion Virginia Power will seek a second license renewal with the Nuclear Regulatory Commission for its twin-reactor Surry Power Station, the company announced Friday.
- Entergy Vermont Yankee requests $6.6M from plant's fund Updated: Oct-28-15 3:56 pm
BRATTLEBORO, Vermont - Following procedure, Entergy Vermont Yankee has notified the Nuclear Regulatory Commission of its intent to withdraw $6.6 million from the power plant's decommissioning fund.