- NRC: Nuclear plant employee skipped assigned fire watches Updated: Feb-11-16 10:36 am
PLYMOUTH, Massachusetts - The owner of the Pilgrim nuclear power plant in Plymouth faces possible punishment from federal regulators because a former security officer admitted to skipping his hourly fire watches then falsifying records to make it appear as if they been completed.
- Critics decry radioactive leak at New York nuclear plant Updated: Feb-10-16 6:32 pm
NEW YORK - A leak of radioactive material into the groundwater below a nuclear power station in New York City's suburbs highlights a chronic problem with the nation's atomic plants, some watchdogs said.
- Feds to investigate nuclear power plant after water leak Updated: Feb-10-16 4:37 am
BUCHANAN, New York - Federal regulators plan to investigate how radioactive material was found in the groundwater below a nuclear power plant north of New York City.
- River Bend nuclear station to undergo special inspection Updated: Feb-09-16 7:25 am
ST. FRANCISVILLE, Louisiana - The Nuclear Regulatory Commission plans a special inspection at Entergy's River Bend nuclear station in St. Francisville, after an unplanned reactor shutdown on Jan. 9.
- Nuclear commission OKs Vermont Yankee decommissioning plans Updated: Feb-04-16 6:09 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - The federal Nuclear Regulatory Commission, despite objections voiced by state officials, is giving positive reviews to the decommissioning plans developed by the owner of the closed Vermont Yankee nuclear plant.
- Guilty plea in attempted cyber-attack on US govt. computers Updated: Feb-02-16 6:21 pm
WASHINGTON - A former Nuclear Regulatory Commission scientist pleaded guilty Tuesday to a federal computer crime, admitting that he attempted to launch a cyber-attack on government computers by sending employees emails that he thought contained a virus.