- Governor urges nuke plant owners to address federal concerns Updated: Sep-03-15 4:54 pm
BOSTON - One day after federal regulators said they were stepping up oversight of Massachusetts' only nuclear power plant, Gov. Charlie Baker called on owners of the Pilgrim Nuclear Power Station to take "corrective actions" considering its series of unplanned shutdowns over recent years.
- Feds investigate radiation exposure at Idaho nuclear plant Updated: Sep-03-15 11:28 am
IDAHO FALLS, Idaho - The Nuclear Regulatory Commission is investigating a recent incident at a plant that manufactures radioactive products in Idaho Falls.
- NRC board agrees to hold hearing on decommissioning fund Updated: Sep-02-15 4:06 am
MONTPELIER, Vermont - A licensing board connected to the Nuclear Regulatory Commission has agreed with Vermont that a hearing is needed over the Vermont Yankee nuclear plant's use of money from its decommissioning fund for management of radioactive waste at the plant site.
- Regulators schedule meetings on Nevada nuclear dump report Updated: Aug-21-15 12:10 pm
LAS VEGAS - The federal agency reviewing plans for the long-stalled Yucca Mountain national nuclear waste dump in Nevada has set dates and places of public meetings about revisions to an environmental report.
- Regulators issuing draft report on Nevada nuclear dump plan Updated: Aug-14-15 5:56 pm
LAS VEGAS - A key study in a series leading to licensing hearings for the long-stalled Yucca Mountain national nuclear waste dump in Nevada finds what the Nuclear Regulatory Commission is calling a small chance that radioactive contamination could get into the environment.
- NRC inspecting Illinois uranium-conversion plant after leak Updated: Aug-04-15 5:31 pm
METROPOLIS, Illinois - A southern Illinois uranium-conversion plant is undergoing a special inspection after a weekend leak of uranium hexafluoride, a gas used to produce enriched uranium for nuclear power plants, Nuclear Regulatory Commission officials said.