- NOAA reminding people not to touch or pick up seal pups Updated: Jun-28-16 6:20 pm
SEATTLE - As harbor seals are being born in the Pacific Northwest, marine mammal advocates up and down the West Coast are urging people not to touch or pick up pups that come up on beaches and shorelines to rest.
- Global coral bleaching event expected to last through 2016 Updated: Jun-20-16 8:12 pm
HONOLULU - After the most powerful El Nino on record heated the world's oceans to never-before-seen levels, huge swaths of once vibrant coral reefs that were teeming with life are now stark white ghost towns disintegrating into the sea.
- Earth breaks heat record again, but not by as much as before Updated: Jun-16-16 1:09 pm
WASHINGTON - Earth sizzled to its 13th straight month of record heat in May, but it wasn't quite as much of an over-the-top scorcher as previous months, federal scientists say.
- NOAA closing area southeast of Cape Cod to scallop fishing Updated: Jun-15-16 12:11 pm
NANTUCKET, Massachusetts - The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration is closing one of the key fishing areas off of New England where fishermen seek scallops.
- Earth's super-sized El Nino is over; coming up, La Nina Updated: Jun-09-16 11:47 am
WASHINGTON - This year's monstrous El Nino, nicknamed Godzilla by NASA, is dead. It heated up the globe, but didn't quite end California's four-year drought.
- Federal responders look for entangled whale in Alaska Updated: Jun-02-16 8:06 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Federal marine mammal experts are hoping the public will help lead them to a humpback whale that became entangled in anchor line in southeast Alaska.
- NOAA to beachgoers: No selfies with seals Updated: May-30-16 10:21 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Back away from the seals, and don't even think about taking a selfie.