- Disputed DC snowfall report triggers review of procedures Updated: Jan-25-16 6:34 pm
WASHINGTON - Measuring snowfall may not be as simple as it sounds.
- Facial recognition software could help save right whales Updated: Jan-23-16 11:58 am
FOLLY BEACH, South Carolina - A facial-recognition software used to identify right whales is being developed at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
- New plan aims to improve management of Hawaiian monk seals Updated: Jan-20-16 7:31 am
LIHUE, Hawaii - Federal scientists have released the final version of a plan to manage the monk seal population in the Hawaiian Islands.
- Washington, NOAA launch next step of shellfish initiative Updated: Jan-15-16 8:57 pm
SEATTLE - Gov. Jay Inslee on Friday renewed the state's commitment to protecting Washington's lucrative shellfish resources.
- Wild December pushes US weather in 2015 to near records Updated: Jan-07-16 12:24 pm
WASHINGTON - December's wild El Nino pushed 2015 in the United States to near-record levels for heat, moisture and downright extreme conditions, federal weather officials said Thursday.