- Feeling the heat: Earth in July was hottest month on record Updated: Aug-20-15 3:00 pm
WASHINGTON - Earth just keeps getting hotter. July was the planet's warmest month on record, smashing old marks, U.S. weather officials said.
- Georgia Aquarium battles federal government over belugas Updated: Aug-14-15 4:42 pm
ATLANTA - The Georgia Aquarium says a government agency's denial of its permit to import 18 beluga whales from Russia was arbitrary and capricious, but the government argues the aquarium failed to meet the requirements of a law meant to protect marine mammals.
- NOAA announces plan for endangered Hawaiian monk seal Updated: Aug-11-15 9:55 pm
HONOLULU - Federal fisheries authorities want to more than double the small population of endangered Hawaiian monk seals in the state's main islands.
- Forecasters confident this hurricane season will be light Updated: Aug-06-15 11:49 am
MIAMI - Forecasters are even more confident that this Atlantic hurricane season will be a breeze.
- NOAA issues new guidelines for vessels in glacial fjords Updated: Jul-29-15 7:38 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - New voluntary guidelines for cruise ships and other tour boats aimed at protecting harbor seals, especially vulnerable nursing pups, in Alaska's glacial fjords were announced Wednesday by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.