- Oklahoma, Tulsa push for F-35 base at Tulsa International Updated: Aug-01-15 3:04 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - If state and local officials have their way, the Oklahoma Air National Guard base in Tulsa will become the newest home of the U.S. military's most expensive weapons system, the F-35 Lightning II.
- New York Air Guard unit competing in parachute competition Updated: Aug-01-15 8:34 am
ROCHESTER, New York - Two New York Army National Guard helicopters are in Rhode Island this weekend for the largest international military parachute competition in the world.
- National Guard opening renovated center in Westminster Updated: Aug-01-15 5:04 am
WESTMINSTER, Maryland - The Maryland National Guard is opening a renovated center housing a military police unit in Westminster.
- Carolinas National Guard units train together at Fort Bragg Updated: Jul-31-15 6:59 am
FORT BRAGG, North Carolina - National Guard units from South Carolina and North Carolina will train together at Fort Bragg this weekend.
- Oklahoma Air National Guard to receive new aircraft, mission Updated: Jul-31-15 3:20 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Oklahoma Air National Guard is getting a new aircraft, and a new mission.
- 7 more sentenced in National Guard recruiting scam in Texas Updated: Jul-30-15 3:25 pm
HOUSTON - Seven more National Guard members in Texas are going to prison or must serve probation in a scam to collect recruiting bonuses.
- Oregon National Guard's top general gets promotion Updated: Jul-30-15 1:41 pm
SALEM, Oregon - The head of the Oregon National Guard is getting a promotion.
- Arizona Guard reprimands helicopter crew for candy drop Updated: Jul-30-15 6:16 am
PHOENIX - The Arizona National Guard has reprimanded the pilot and crew of a helicopter that dropped candy over a Halloween party at a suburban Phoenix home.
- California Guard uses drone to search for missing teacher Updated: Jul-29-15 9:58 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The California National Guard is using a drone to search El Dorado National Forest for a missing San Francisco teacher, marking the first time the Guard has used an unmanned aircraft for a search-and-rescue mission.
- Arkansas guardsmen receive training on using guns Updated: Jul-29-15 12:33 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Hundreds of Arkansas National Guard soldiers are being trained this week on when they should use firearms, which some will now carry at Guard installations across the state.
- 2 meetings held by panel examining Ferguson decisions Updated: Jul-28-15 3:01 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A legislative panel that said it would investigate Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon's decisions involving the state's response to protests that followed a grand jury's decision not to indict a Ferguson police officer who shot and killed Michael Brown has met just twice since December, with the chairman citing difficulty in coordinating members' schedules.
- GOP lawmakers call to arm more military members Updated: Jul-27-15 2:45 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Minnesota Republican lawmakers announced a bill in the works on Monday to allow more active duty members of the military and National Guard to carry weapons, the latest of nationwide responses to a deadly shooting at military facilities in Tennessee.
- Vermont Air National Guard to hold open house Updated: Jul-26-15 8:22 am
SOUTH BURLINGTON, Vermont - The Vermont Air National Guard is going to be holding an open house at its South Burlington base.
- Miss. National Guard recruiters returning to 10 sites Updated: Jul-23-15 8:22 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Mississippi National Guard says its recruiters are returning to 10 storefront recruiting centers early next week.
- Kansas National Guard to be reviewed for security Updated: Jul-23-15 5:08 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - Gov. Sam Brownback has ordered a review of security at Kansas National Guard facilities in the wake of the fatal shootings at Tennessee recruiting sites.
- Ducey authorizes National Guard to carry guns while on duty Updated: Jul-22-15 7:15 pm
PHOENIX - Gov. Doug Ducey has authorized Arizona National Guard members to carry firearms while on duty in response to last week's shootings at military facilities in Tennessee.
- Beshear orders security enhancements at National Guard Updated: Jul-22-15 6:17 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear has issued an executive order authorizing Adjutant Gen. Edward Tonini to enhance security at state National Guard facilities and recruiting stations following the shooting death of five servicemen in Tennessee last week.
- Air National Guard unit transitions with arrival of aircraft Updated: Jul-22-15 4:24 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Oklahoma Air National Guard unit is beginning a transition to a Special Operations Wing with the arrival of its first MC-12W aircraft.
- Governor orders review of National Guard security policies Updated: Jul-22-15 1:47 pm
ALBUQUERUQUE, New Mexico - Gov. Susana Martinez has called for a review of security policies at all the New Mexico National Guard recruiting sites and armories as a response to last week's deadly shootings at two Tennessee military facilities.
- No injuries in National Guard training accident in Kansas Updated: Jul-22-15 11:11 am
MCPHERSON, Kansas - The Kansas National Guard says no one was injured when one of its Black Hawk helicopters made a hard landing at the McPherson airport.
- Venezuela arrests 2 military officers for drug trafficking Updated: Jul-21-15 9:49 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - Two retired Venezuelan military officers sought on drug trafficking charges have been arrested, authorities announced.
- Michigan Guard boosts security, won't require armed staff Updated: Jul-21-15 9:29 pm
LANSING, Michigan - The commander of Michigan's National Guard said Tuesday that additional security measures have been adopted after last week's fatal attack at two Tennessee military facilities, but he stopped short of a lawmaker's call for arming all on-duty personnel.
- Oklahoma National Guard soldiers, airmen to carry weapons Updated: Jul-21-15 5:53 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Oklahoma National Guard is finalizing guidelines to allow soldiers and airmen at recruiting stations and other facilities across the state to carry firearms, a Guard spokesman said Tuesday.
- Governor orders security review for National Guard centers Updated: Jul-21-15 5:06 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Gov. Gina Raimondo says she has asked for a review of the safety and security procedures at Rhode Island National Guard centers.
- National Guard Armory evacuated in Florida after bomb report Updated: Jul-21-15 4:46 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - The National Guard Armory in Florida's capital was evacuated Tuesday after a call to police reporting that a man said he had planted a bomb there.