- Vermont National Guard to hunters: Stay off our property Updated: Nov-26-15 8:22 am
MONTPELIER, Vermont - The Vermont National Guard is issuing a reminder in response to hunters wandering onto its property: Keep out.
- Aircraft to remain with New Hampshire National Guard Updated: Nov-24-15 3:16 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - U.S. Senators Kelly Ayotte and Jeanne Shaheen say a decision to remove a C-12 aircraft and personnel from the New Hampshire Army National Guard has been reversed.
- Recent editorials published in Nebraska newspapers Updated: Nov-23-15 9:01 am
Omaha World-Herald. Nov. 20, 2015
- Boy Scout usher remains at University of Oklahoma stadium Updated: Nov-22-15 2:02 pm
NORMAN, Oklahoma - Oren Lee Peters remembers exactly where he was when Notre Dame snapped Oklahoma's 47-game winning streak in 1957.
- Military museum opening exhibit on NY Air National Guard Updated: Nov-21-15 7:03 am
SARATOGA SPRINGS, New York - A new exhibit at the New York State Military Museum highlights the 100-year history of the New York Air National Guard.
- Michigan National Guard engineers in Africa for new project Updated: Nov-21-15 4:01 am
LANSING, Michigan - Michigan Army National Guard engineers are in Africa helping to improve living conditions for Liberian soldiers.
- 60 Indiana National Guard members to be deployed to Cuba Updated: Nov-20-15 4:03 am
INDIANAPOLIS - About 60 members of an Indianapolis-based Indiana National Guard unit are going to be deployed to Cuba.
- Tennessee GOP leader wants Guard to round up Syrian refugees Updated: Nov-18-15 5:29 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - With several GOP governors calling to stop Syrian refugees from entering their states in the wake of the Paris attacks, one Republican leader in Tennessee wants to take that matter further: He says the National Guard should round up the refugees and return them to federal immigration centers.
- Alaska National Guard calls for new military code Updated: Nov-18-15 10:14 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The Alaska National Guard is asking lawmakers to pass a new version of the state's code of military justice to help fix a lack of accountability in the guard.
- Nebraska Army National Guard to retrain soldiers in overhaul Updated: Nov-17-15 6:15 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - The Nebraska Army National Guard is planning to offer new training and job opportunities to soldiers as it launches its biggest overhaul of services in 20 years, Gov. Pete Ricketts announced Tuesday.
- Ex-Guard official gets house arrest in no-show job scandal Updated: Nov-17-15 4:16 pm
PITTSBURGH - A retired vice commander of an Air National Guard unit at Pittsburgh International Airport will spend three years on probation, including a year on house arrest, for creating a no-show military job for a civilian contractor.
- South Carolina Army National Guard Apache unit being honored Updated: Nov-13-15 4:01 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The commander of the South Carolina National Guard is commending pilots and crews of its Apache helicopter unit for winning a seven-state "gunfighter" competition.
- Delaware to name National Guard headquarters for Beau Biden Updated: Nov-10-15 10:28 am
NEW CASTLE, Delaware - Delaware will name its National Guard headquarters in New Castle for Beau Biden.
- Linden superintendent heads for overseas military duty Updated: Nov-10-15 4:11 am
LINDEN, Michigan - School Superintendent Ed Koledo has traded in his office and surroundings in Linden for a year-long stay in the United Arab Emirates in support of Operation Spartan Shield.
- Head of Iowa National Guard hopes to recruit more women Updated: Nov-09-15 2:45 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - The head of the Iowa National Guard said Monday that he is hoping to increase the number of women in the ranks.
- F-16 being put on display at NY National Guard headquarters Updated: Nov-07-15 5:02 am
ALBANY, New York - An F-16 fighter jet is being added to the military hardware on display outside the headquarters of the New York National Guard.
- Governor: I'll call in National Guard to fight heroin abuse Updated: Nov-06-15 5:02 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - Maine's governor is threatening to call up the National Guard to fight an epidemic of heroin and other drugs if lawmakers don't hire more agents.
- National Guard 133rd Engineer Battalion won't leave Maine Updated: Nov-06-15 3:38 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Plans to convert the 133rd Engineer Battalion into an infantry battalion have been scrapped, the adjutant general of the Maine National Guard said Friday.
- S Carolina National Guard's storm-response costs total $40M Updated: Nov-06-15 1:33 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina's top military officer says the state National Guard and its Emergency Management Division have spent about $40 million responding to last month's catastrophic storm.
- National Guardsman arrested, military gear found in his home Updated: Nov-06-15 7:14 am
STARKE, Florida - Authorities have arrested an Army National Guardsman after finding stolen military property in his home.
- Nevada Air National Guard returns from 6 months in Kuwait Updated: Nov-05-15 3:00 pm
RENO, Nevada - More than 30 Nevada Air National Guardsmen are on their way home after a six-month deployment in Kuwait.
- Arizona hosts National Guard helicopter shooting competition Updated: Nov-04-15 9:15 pm
MARANA, Arizona - Arizona is hosting a helicopter shooting competition this week involving National Guard pilots from seven states.
- Veterans of Foreign Wars seeks to serve younger veterans Updated: Nov-04-15 1:47 pm
FRANKLIN, Indiana - The Veterans of Foreign Wars provides a sense of community and camaraderie for recently returned or discharged military personnel to adjust to live outside the military.
- Iowa National Guard closing Corning armory Updated: Nov-03-15 6:30 am
CORNING, Iowa - The Iowa National Guard says it will be closing its armory in the southwest Iowa town of Corning.
- Haley signs order so National Guard can continue restoration Updated: Oct-30-15 5:22 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Gov. Nikki Haley is keeping the National Guard on active duty through Nov. 25 so units can continue helping local governments make emergency repairs.