- National group, Grassley to talk taxes in southwest Iowa Updated: May-01-16 11:35 am
RED OAK, Iowa - Sen. Charles Grassley will join a national group in southwest Iowa next week to talk about taxpayer preferences.
- House approves bill slapping IRS over tea party controversy Updated: Apr-19-16 3:15 pm
WASHINGTON - The House has approved a bill slapping at the Internal Revenue Service for its treatment of tea party and other conservative groups.
- Pacifists balk at part of taxes in silent protest of war Updated: Apr-18-16 1:46 pm
LANCASTER, Pennsylvania - Every year at tax time, Harold Penner faces a moral dilemma.
- Federal officials warn of tax preparation schemes Updated: Apr-11-16 5:04 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - An Internal Revenue Service investigator and federal prosecutor are warning the public against fraud that occurs around income tax time.
- Nearly 20 years in prison for $100M tax-refund fraud leader Updated: Apr-07-16 5:15 pm
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - A man described by a Florida federal judge as the boss of a $100 million-plus "fraud factory" that used thousands of stolen identities to illegally obtain income tax refunds was sentenced Thursday to nearly 20 years in prison.
- Pay taxes, buy a Slurpee: IRS now accepts taxes at 7-Eleven Updated: Apr-07-16 4:17 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - The Internal Revenue Service announced this week that taxpayers who need to make a payment in cash can now do so at 7-Eleven convenience stores.
- IRS warns businesses of payroll 'phishing' scheme Updated: Apr-06-16 9:49 am
SPRINGFIELD, New Jersey - Internal Revenue Service officials are warning businesses about an email "phishing" scheme that targets payroll and human resources departments.