- Foreign suspect indicted in UPMC identity theft tax case Updated: Jun-26-15 1:22 pm
PITTSBURGH - A federal grand jury has indicted a foreign citizen in a conspiracy to file more than 900 phony federal tax returns seeking $2.2 million in refunds by using employee information stolen from the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center.
- High court won't hear Ford appeal of tax overpayment Updated: Jun-22-15 9:47 am
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court won't hear an appeal from Ford Motor Co. seeking to recover about $450 million in interest on taxes the company overpaid the Internal Revenue Service.
- Attorney General warns of IRS scam to defraud taxpayers Updated: Jun-21-15 4:41 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island Attorney General Peter Kilmartin says scam artists are ramping up their efforts to defraud taxpayers.
- Mesa man, son get prison in scheme to defraud IRS of $93M Updated: Jun-18-15 9:14 pm
PHOENIX - A Mesa man and his son along with a New Mexico resident have been sentenced to federal prison after a scheme to defraud the Internal Revenue Service of about $93 million.
- IRS: Actress Melissa Gilbert failed to pay $360,000 in taxes Updated: Jun-12-15 7:10 am
HOWELL, Michigan - The Internal Revenue Service says former "Little House on the Prairie" star Melissa Gilbert failed to pay more than $360,000 in federal income taxes.
- IRS taking steps to combat taxpayers' identity theft Updated: Jun-11-15 6:40 pm
WASHINGTON - The IRS is joining with states and private industry to combat identity theft by sharing more data about how tax returns are filed, officials announced Thursday. The effort is aimed at stemming a problem that has victimized thousands of taxpayers and cost the government billions of dollars from fraudulent returns.
- Woman owes IRS $26K for bogus tax returns Updated: Jun-05-15 5:34 am
GULFPORT, Mississippi - A 34-year-old woman has been sentenced to prison and ordered to repay nearly $26,000 she obtained through fraudulent income tax returns.