- Concerns remain for 'Viagra for women' twice rejected by FDA Updated: Jun-02-15 10:00 am
WASHINGTON - The makers of a pill intended to boost sexual desire in women will try again this week to persuade regulators that the drug warrants approval after two rejections.
- Listeria: FDA finds problems at Ohio ice cream plant Updated: May-21-15 6:12 pm
WASHINGTON - A government investigation of Ohio-based Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams found inadequate testing and cleaning in its Columbus plant that had become contaminated with listeria.
- FDA proposes to know more about antibiotic use in animals Updated: May-19-15 11:32 am
WASHINGTON - The Food and Drug Administration is moving to collect more information on antibiotics used in animals that become meat. It's an effort to stem antibiotic-resistant diseases.
- FDA panel highlights problems with medical scopes Updated: May-15-15 5:42 pm
WASHINGTON - Federal health experts say there are a host of problems with the design and cleaning instructions for specialized medical scopes recently linked to a series of bacterial outbreaks in hospitals nationwide.
- FDA releases plan to ease restrictions on gay blood donation Updated: May-12-15 6:17 pm
WASHINGTON - The Food and Drug Administration is outlining its plan to end the nation's lifetime ban on blood donations from gay and bisexual men, a 32-year-old policy that many medical groups and gay activists say is no longer justified.
- FDA schedules meeting on twice-rejected female libido drug Updated: May-07-15 3:49 pm
WASHINGTON - The Food and Drug Administration will ask a group of outside medical experts next month to evaluate a much-debated experimental drug designed to boost sexual desire in women.