- Costco: FDA tests point toward E. coli in salad vegetables Updated: Nov-25-15 7:47 pm
SEATTLE - Costco officials say testing has pointed toward a vegetable mix from a California food wholesaler as the source of E. coli in the company's chicken salad that has been linked to an outbreak that has sickened 19 people in seven states.
- New federal rule for catfish inspection process finalized Updated: Nov-25-15 4:36 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The U.S. Food Safety and Inspection Service released its final rule Wednesday on a new inspection process for catfish and other ray-finned fish species that's scheduled to start in March.
- FDA aims to publish Essure safety review in February Updated: Nov-24-15 12:16 pm
WASHINGTON - Federal health officials aim to release their findings on a much-debated contraceptive implant by the end of February.
- What's for dinner? Genetically engineered salmon OK'd by FDA Updated: Nov-19-15 10:48 pm
WASHINGTON - What's for dinner? Before long, it may well be genetically modified salmon, the first such altered animal cleared for human consumption in the United States.
- Delegation critical of FDA on genetically modified salmon Updated: Nov-19-15 2:32 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - U.S. Sen. Lisa Murkowski says she's "livid" at the federal Food and Drug Administration's approval of genetically modified salmon for human consumption.
- House bill would limit some calorie labels Updated: Nov-18-15 5:12 pm
WASHINGTON - Supermarkets and pizza chains would get some relief from government calorie labeling rules under legislation approved by a House committee Wednesday.
- Gulf shrimpers contend with falling prices, tainted imports Updated: Nov-09-15 8:54 pm
BAYTOWN, Texas - Worrying about bills and plummeting shrimp prices, Dwayne Harrison stopped to apply for a mowing job one morning recently before dropping his nets in the Houston Ship Channel.
- Sen. Schumer wants FDA review of caffeinated peanut butter Updated: Nov-08-15 5:01 am
ALBANY, New York - U.S. Sen. Charles Schumer wants the Food and Drug Administration to investigate a new caffeinated peanut butter that targets the athletic and fitness market.
- Move to spur pint-sized medical devices to treat sick kids Updated: Nov-01-15 8:55 am
WASHINGTON - Improvise isn't a word parents want to hear from their kid's doctor. Yet pediatric specialists too often have to jury-rig care because many of the medical devices needed to treat sick children were built for adults.
- Blood sculpture draws attention to FDA ban on gay, bi donors Updated: Oct-30-15 1:22 pm
NEW YORK - An art installation opening in New York City draws attention to a federal ban on blood donations from gay and bisexual men.
- The Latest: Judge wants Arizona to reveal execution drugs Updated: Oct-28-15 3:26 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - The latest on Arizona's efforts to gain possession of a shipment of execution drugs seized by the Food and Drug Administration (all times local):