- New federal rule for catfish inspection process finalized Updated: Nov-25-15 3:41 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Catfish and other ray-finned fish species will undergo a new inspection process starting in March.
- FDA aims to publish Essure safety review in February Updated: Nov-24-15 12:16 pm
WASHINGTON - Federal health officials aim to release their findings on a much-debated contraceptive implant by the end of February.
- What's for dinner? Genetically engineered salmon OK'd by FDA Updated: Nov-19-15 10:48 pm
WASHINGTON - What's for dinner? Before long, it may well be genetically modified salmon, the first such altered animal cleared for human consumption in the United States.
- Delegation critical of FDA on genetically modified salmon Updated: Nov-19-15 2:32 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - U.S. Sen. Lisa Murkowski says she's "livid" at the federal Food and Drug Administration's approval of genetically modified salmon for human consumption.
- House bill would limit some calorie labels Updated: Nov-18-15 5:12 pm
WASHINGTON - Supermarkets and pizza chains would get some relief from government calorie labeling rules under legislation approved by a House committee Wednesday.
- Gulf shrimpers contend with falling prices, tainted imports Updated: Nov-09-15 8:54 pm
BAYTOWN, Texas - Worrying about bills and plummeting shrimp prices, Dwayne Harrison stopped to apply for a mowing job one morning recently before dropping his nets in the Houston Ship Channel.
- Sen. Schumer wants FDA review of caffeinated peanut butter Updated: Nov-08-15 5:01 am
ALBANY, New York - U.S. Sen. Charles Schumer wants the Food and Drug Administration to investigate a new caffeinated peanut butter that targets the athletic and fitness market.
- Move to spur pint-sized medical devices to treat sick kids Updated: Nov-01-15 8:55 am
WASHINGTON - Improvise isn't a word parents want to hear from their kid's doctor. Yet pediatric specialists too often have to jury-rig care because many of the medical devices needed to treat sick children were built for adults.
- Blood sculpture draws attention to FDA ban on gay, bi donors Updated: Oct-30-15 1:22 pm
NEW YORK - An art installation opening in New York City draws attention to a federal ban on blood donations from gay and bisexual men.
- The Latest: Judge wants Arizona to reveal execution drugs Updated: Oct-28-15 3:26 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - The latest on Arizona's efforts to gain possession of a shipment of execution drugs seized by the Food and Drug Administration (all times local):
- FDA agrees to hear from Texas, Arizona on seized drugs Updated: Oct-26-15 8:19 pm
HOUSTON - The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has agreed to hear from Texas and Arizona prison officials after agents seized drugs that both states were trying to import for use in executions, the agency said Monday.