- Rauner declares 23 counties disaster areas, seeks FEMA help Updated: Aug-03-15 4:11 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Gov. Bruce Rauner has issued a state disaster proclamation for 23 counties devastated by severe storms this summer and has asked the Federal Emergency Management Agency to help assess the damages there.
- FEMA says aid tops $2 million after Arkansas storms Updated: Aug-03-15 2:52 pm
NORTH LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Federal officials say the government has provided more than $2 million in aid to help Arkansas recover from storms that hit in May and June.
- Feds won't reverse denial of Baltimore riot disaster aid Updated: Jul-30-15 3:00 pm
The Federal Emergency Management Agency has refused to reverse its denial of disaster aid to help Maryland and Baltimore recover millions of dollars in costs stemming from rioting in the city in April, Gov. Larry Hogan's office said Thursday.
- FEMA approves $7.7M in W.Va. homeland security funds Updated: Jul-30-15 3:05 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - The Federal Emergency Management Agency has approved $7.7 million in funding for emergency preparedness and homeland security programs in West Virginia.
- Saginaw to get $2M grant to stave off fire department cuts Updated: Jul-30-15 2:23 am
SAGINAW, Michigan - The city of Saginaw says it's getting a roughly $2 million federal grant to help its fire department maintain staffing levels and keep fire stations open.
- FEMA extends flood insurance claim deadline Updated: Jul-29-15 12:52 pm
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - The Federal Emergency Management Agency has extended its filing deadline for Louisiana policyholders impacted by recent Red River flooding.
- Indiana school gets $1.6M grant for tornado safe-room Updated: Jul-27-15 4:07 am
SALEM, Indiana - Federal officials have awarded a southern Indiana school district $1.6 million to build a tornado safe-room at an elementary school.
- FEMA says disaster aid registration deadline 1 month away Updated: Jul-24-15 1:49 pm
NORTH LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Federal Emergency Management Agency says residents of nine Arkansas counties have just one month left to register for disaster assistance for damage from severe storms in May and June.
- FEMA extends disaster period for June flooding, storm damage Updated: Jul-21-15 5:54 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Federal Emergency Management Agency has extended the timeframe for eligibility for disaster assistance due to last month's flooding and storm damage to public and private property.
- Fort Wayne gets $862,946 from FEMA for flood-prone projects Updated: Jul-16-15 2:25 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The city of Fort Wayne has been awarded $862,946 from the Federal Emergency Management Agency to purchase and demolish 18 flood-prone structures.
- Report: Over $14M in damages in Arkansas county from floods Updated: Jul-14-15 1:26 pm
TEXARKANA, Arkansas - Recent floods caused more than $14 million in damages in a southwest Arkansas county, according to a report by county officials and the University of Arkansas Cooperative Extension Service.
- 5 more counties approved for storm, flood recovery expenses Updated: Jul-10-15 4:31 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Federal Emergency Management Agency has approved aid for five more Oklahoma counties to assist with storm and flooding recovery expenses.
- Damage assessment reaches $20.2M in storm-hit NJ counties Updated: Jul-10-15 5:32 am
CHERRY HILL, New Jersey - Southern New Jersey towns hit hard by severe storms that ripped through the area last month could be in line to get federal aid to help offset cleanup costs.
- Colorado seeks major disaster declaration for spring floods Updated: Jul-10-15 5:04 am
DENVER - Colorado is asking federal disaster managers for a major disaster declaration in the wake of severe weather and flooding this spring and early summer that impacted 11 counties.
- Daugaard asks FEMA to join state in assessing storm damage Updated: Jul-09-15 6:13 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - Gov. Dennis Daugaard is asking federal officials to join state and local teams as they assess the extent of the damaged caused by severe storms last month.
- Md. will appeal FEMA denial of riot disaster aid Updated: Jul-07-15 4:19 am
BALTIMORE - The state of Maryland says it will appeal the federal government's denial of disaster aid to help the state and Baltimore city recover millions of dollars in riot-related costs.