- Indiana school gets $1.6M grant for tornado safe-room Updated: Jul-27-15 4:07 am
SALEM, Indiana - Federal officials have awarded a southern Indiana school district $1.6 million to build a tornado safe-room at an elementary school.
- FEMA says disaster aid registration deadline 1 month away Updated: Jul-24-15 1:49 pm
NORTH LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Federal Emergency Management Agency says residents of nine Arkansas counties have just one month left to register for disaster assistance for damage from severe storms in May and June.
- FEMA extends disaster period for June flooding, storm damage Updated: Jul-21-15 5:54 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Federal Emergency Management Agency has extended the timeframe for eligibility for disaster assistance due to last month's flooding and storm damage to public and private property.
- FEMA says Arkansas renters may be eligible for disaster help Updated: Jul-21-15 1:11 pm
NORTH LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Federal Emergency Management Agency says Arkansas renters in counties where homes and property were damaged by severe spring storms may be eligible for federal disaster assistance.
- Fort Wayne gets $862,946 from FEMA for flood-prone projects Updated: Jul-16-15 2:25 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The city of Fort Wayne has been awarded $862,946 from the Federal Emergency Management Agency to purchase and demolish 18 flood-prone structures.
- Report: Over $14M in damages in Arkansas county from floods Updated: Jul-14-15 1:26 pm
TEXARKANA, Arkansas - Recent floods caused more than $14 million in damages in a southwest Arkansas county, according to a report by county officials and the University of Arkansas Cooperative Extension Service.
- 5 more counties approved for storm, flood recovery expenses Updated: Jul-10-15 4:31 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Federal Emergency Management Agency has approved aid for five more Oklahoma counties to assist with storm and flooding recovery expenses.
- Damage assessment reaches $20.2M in storm-hit NJ counties Updated: Jul-10-15 5:32 am
CHERRY HILL, New Jersey - Southern New Jersey towns hit hard by severe storms that ripped through the area last month could be in line to get federal aid to help offset cleanup costs.
- Colorado seeks major disaster declaration for spring floods Updated: Jul-10-15 5:04 am
DENVER - Colorado is asking federal disaster managers for a major disaster declaration in the wake of severe weather and flooding this spring and early summer that impacted 11 counties.
- Daugaard asks FEMA to join state in assessing storm damage Updated: Jul-09-15 6:13 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - Gov. Dennis Daugaard is asking federal officials to join state and local teams as they assess the extent of the damaged caused by severe storms last month.
- Md. will appeal FEMA denial of riot disaster aid Updated: Jul-07-15 4:19 am
BALTIMORE - The state of Maryland says it will appeal the federal government's denial of disaster aid to help the state and Baltimore city recover millions of dollars in riot-related costs.
- Disaster, damage numbers rise in Kansas Updated: Jul-05-15 6:47 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Federal disaster declarations and damage costs are on the rise in Kansas, although it's unclear whether more severe weather is the reason.