- The Latest: Repairs to begin soon on I-95 after floods Updated: Oct-09-15 2:13 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The latest on the rainstorm that pounded parts of the East Coast (all times local):
- FEMA sending trailers to Pine Ridge Reservation Updated: Oct-09-15 2:01 pm
PINE RIDGE, South Dakota - The federal government is sending trailers to South Dakota's Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, where residents are still recovering from severe storms last spring.
- Pence appeals FEMA's denial of flood recovery funds Updated: Oct-07-15 6:42 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana Gov. Mike Pence has appealed a federal decision denying a request for assistance to help local governments recover from flooding and severe storms.
- Hurricane and rainstorm are locked in a dangerous dance Updated: Oct-01-15 5:53 pm
WASHINGTON - Hurricane Joaquin is locked in a dance with an extraordinarily heavy rainstorm that is already drenching the Carolinas. As the two draw closer together over the next few days, the effects could be disastrous for the East Coast.
- Lafayette residents can appeal FEMA flood map revisions Updated: Sep-25-15 6:54 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Lafayette Parish residents have one final chance to appeal proposed FEMA flood maps.
- FEMA removes elite state rescue team from federal listing Updated: Sep-23-15 5:36 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - New Mexico officials say they'll appeal a decision by federal emergency managers to strip a state-managed urban search and rescue team of its federal status and funding.
- Lighting missing from Adams County's FEMA shelter plan Updated: Sep-22-15 10:31 am
NATCHEZ, Mississippi - When Adams County officially opens the FEMA shelter later this year, exterior operations could still be in the dark.
- FEMA rejects Vermont town's request for storm compensation Updated: Sep-18-15 1:36 pm
BENNINGTON, Vermont - Federal officials have rejected a Vermont town's request for a reimbursement of millions of dollars spent repairing damage caused by the remnants of Hurricane Irene four years ago.
- FEMA extends deadline to review Sandy flood claims Updated: Sep-16-15 9:47 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - The Federal Emergency Management Agency has extended the deadline for homeowners to challenge their Superstorm Sandy flood damage claims.
- Pence to appeal FEMA's denial of flood recovery dollars Updated: Sep-14-15 7:05 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Gov. Mike Pence will appeal a recent decision by the Federal Emergency Management Agency to deny Indiana's request for federal assistance following a barrage of severe summer storms that Pence's office says played a role in the deaths of 10 people.
- Galveston in homestretch on Hurricane Ike recovery projects Updated: Sep-13-15 1:29 pm
GALVESTON, Texas - Seven years after Hurricane Ike, Galveston is in the homestretch of completing its federally funded recovery projects, though city officials say it will still be years until they are all finished.