- Fayette County added to storms federal disaster declaration Updated: Jun-25-15 2:44 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Fayette County has been added to the list of federal disaster areas in Texas following deadly severe weather that began in early May.
- Gov. Fallin adds 26 counties to list seeking disaster aid Updated: Jun-23-15 3:36 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Gov. Mary Fallin and the Oklahoma Department of Emergency Management are asking the Federal Emergency Management Agency for individual disaster assistance in 26 more counties because of tornadoes and flooding that began May 5.
- APNewBreak: FEMA rebuffs Vermont on flood resilience Updated: Jun-23-15 12:03 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Ever since Tropical Storm Irene in 2011, Vermont has been pushing to make sure bridges and culverts are rebuilt to more flood-resistant standards. But the Federal Emergency Management Agency is rejecting - at least for now - the state's argument that the federal agency should pay 90 percent of the extra costs.
- FEMA denies disaster aid to cover Baltimore riot costs Updated: Jun-19-15 5:19 pm
Federal officials have denied Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan's request for a disaster declaration to let the city of Baltimore and the state recover millions of dollars in costs stemming from rioting that followed the police-involved death of Freddie Gray, officials said Friday.
- State seeks extension of FEMA deadline to file flood claims Updated: Jun-18-15 11:20 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Insurance Commissioner Jim Donelon is asking the Federal Emergency Management Agency to extend its deadline for Louisiana homeowners impacted by the recent Red River flooding.
- FEMA limits funds, denies individual assistance Updated: Jun-17-15 2:29 pm
HAGATNA, Guam - The Federal Emergency Management Agency recently denied Gov. Eddie Calvo's request for funds that would assist those whose homes were damaged during Typhoon Dolphin.
- Deadline to apply for disaster assistance is June 30 Updated: Jun-15-15 5:05 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - People who suffered losses during severe storms in April in 10 Kentucky counties have two more weeks to register for assistance with the Federal Emergency Management Agency and complete a Small Business Administration disaster loan application.
- Vermont Electric Co-op gets $2.1M from FEMA for storm fixes Updated: Jun-06-15 10:02 am
MONTPELIER, Vermont - The Vermont Electric Cooperative is getting a $2.1 million grant from the Federal Emergency Management Agency to help pay for cleanup and repairs following severe weather last December.
- Individual federal help denied in Delmont tornado recovery Updated: Jun-04-15 2:38 am
DELMONT, South Dakota - South Dakota officials say a request for individual assistance for storm and tornado recovery in Douglas and Charles Mix counties has been denied by the Federal Emergency Management Agency.
- $4 million fire-prevention grant ignites passions in Oakland Updated: Jun-03-15 4:10 pm
OAKLAND, California - City officials accepted a $4 million federal grant to chop down trees in the ritzy Oakland hills, a decision that ignited debate over how best to prevent deadly wildfires in the affluent Northern California region.