- After Sandy victims complain, FEMA tweaks flood program Updated: May-23-16 5:27 pm
NEW YORK - After learning some hard lessons from Superstorm Sandy, the Federal Emergency Management Agency says it is reforming the way it handles appeals from disgruntled policyholders in the National Flood Insurance Program.
- 3 Maine fire departments to get grants for gear, training Updated: May-22-16 10:47 am
SCARBOROUGH, Maine - Three Maine fire departments will receive almost $600,000 from the Federal Emergency Management Agency to help pay for equipment and training.
- Climate change, runaway development worsen Houston floods Updated: May-18-16 5:07 pm
HOUSTON - With clay soil and tabletop-flat terrain, Houston has endured flooding for generations. Its 1,700 miles of man-made channels struggle to dispatch storm runoff to the Gulf of Mexico.
- FEMA extends proof of loss form filing deadline Updated: May-04-16 7:39 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The Federal Emergency Management Agency has granted a 60-day extension for filing proof of loss forms by National Flood Insurance Program policyholders affected by storms across the state in March.
- Supervisors to consider airport repairs caused by flooding Updated: May-03-16 11:13 am
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - The Forrest County Board of Supervisors is considering how to help out with Hattiesburg airport repairs caused by flooding last month.