- FEMA to cover additional $9M in Long Beach boardwalk repair Updated: Aug-31-15 4:43 am
LONG BEACH, New York - The Federal Emergency Management Agency has agreed to cover $9 million worth of repairs made to the Long Beach boardwalk after it was severely damaged by Superstorm Sandy.
- FEMA's Fugate tours school safe room while in Mississippi Updated: Aug-27-15 8:12 am
GULFPORT, Mississippi - The head of the Federal Emergency Management Agency says the agency's greatest lessons since Hurricane Katrina have been in how to prepare and respond to the most severe emergencies.
- 7 disaster help centers from May storms to close in Texas Updated: Aug-25-15 1:20 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Seven federal disaster recovery centers in five Texas counties will close this week after providing assistance since deadly May storms.
- Hundreds in Central Texas face stricter standards under FEMA Updated: Aug-22-15 12:56 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Hundreds of Central Texas residents could be forced to buy flood insurance or face stricter building regulations for new structures nearly three months after deadly flooding, according to new Federal Emergency Management Agency advisory maps made public Friday.
- Secaucus Municipal Utilities Authority gets $100K FEMA grant Updated: Aug-20-15 3:19 am
SECAUCUS, New Jersey - Officials say the Secaucus Municipal Utilities Authority has been awarded a $100,000 federal grant for a new generator at its Koelle Boulevard waste water treatment facility.
- Indiana, FEMA begin assessing storm damage in 29 counties Updated: Aug-18-15 4:46 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Federal, state and local officials have begun assessing the damage from severe storms and flooding in 29 Indiana counties between June 7 and July 29.
- Minot receives $6M from FEMA to help protect treatment plant Updated: Aug-15-15 6:41 pm
MINOT, North Dakota - The city of Minot will use a $6 million grant from the Federal Emergency Management Agency to help protect the city's water treatment plant and keep it functioning during a flood.
- FEMA: Sandy reviews will be considered beyond deadline Updated: Aug-14-15 1:20 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - The Federal Emergency Management Agency says it strongly encourages anyone seeking Superstorm Sandy-related payment reviews to submit them by Sept. 15, but will consider all requests that come in.
- Bonner County to purchase home constructed in floodway Updated: Aug-11-15 2:34 pm
SANDPOINT, Idaho - Bonner County is buying a 20-acre property that threatens National Flood Insurance Program funding for more than 200 landowners.
- $1.9M in federal aid approved for Wyoming flood victims Updated: Aug-07-15 5:01 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Nearly 300 people in Niobrara and Johnson counties have applied for federal disaster assistance to help them recover from spring flooding, and nearly $1.9 million in grants and loans have been approved for eligible residents and businesses in the two counties, officials said.
- Rauner declares 23 counties disaster areas, seeks FEMA help Updated: Aug-03-15 4:11 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Gov. Bruce Rauner has issued a state disaster proclamation for 23 counties devastated by severe storms this summer and has asked the Federal Emergency Management Agency to help assess the damages there.
- FEMA says aid tops $2 million after Arkansas storms Updated: Aug-03-15 2:52 pm
NORTH LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Federal officials say the government has provided more than $2 million in aid to help Arkansas recover from storms that hit in May and June.