- Snohomish County gets another $2M for Oso property buyouts Updated: Nov-19-15 4:58 pm
EVERETT, Washington - Snohomish County has received an additional $2 million from the federal government to help buy out properties devastated in the Oso landslide.
- Deadline approaching to register with FEMA for storm aid Updated: Nov-19-15 10:37 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolinians who suffered losses during last month's rains and flooding have only two weeks left to register for government grants or loans.
- FEMA closing several disaster recovery centers for a day Updated: Nov-17-15 4:07 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The Federal Emergency Management Agency is temporarily closing several disaster recovery centers in South Carolina due to weather concerns.
- Families' flood buyouts on hold due to Illinois budget mess Updated: Nov-11-15 2:26 pm
OLIVE BRANCH, Illinois - After the Mississippi River flooded four years ago, more than 100 Illinois families agreed - some reluctantly - to sell their homes to the government for demolition so they could move to higher ground.
- McCrory: FEMA denies disaster regulation for 8 counties Updated: Nov-10-15 7:14 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Gov. Pat McCrory says he will appeal the federal government's decision refusing aid for eight coastal North Carolina counties for damage caused by heavy rains and flooding in late September and early October.
- FEMA's review of Sandy claims taking longer Updated: Nov-06-15 12:37 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - The Federal Emergency Management Agency's review of Superstorm Sandy flood insurance claims is taking longer than expected, with fewer than 200 checks issued.
- New Orleans wins FEMA flood map appeal for Algiers area Updated: Nov-04-15 4:05 am
NEW ORLEANS - New Orleans officials say a federal agency has ruled in favor of the city in an appeal over flood insurance rate maps.
- Feds approve $20 million for victims of California wildfires Updated: Oct-30-15 2:20 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Federal authorities have approved more than $20 million in disaster aid for victims of two massive wildfires that devastated parts of Northern California this summer.