- FEMA extends proof of loss form filing deadline Updated: May-04-16 7:39 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The Federal Emergency Management Agency has granted a 60-day extension for filing proof of loss forms by National Flood Insurance Program policyholders affected by storms across the state in March.
- Supervisors to consider airport repairs caused by flooding Updated: May-03-16 11:13 am
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - The Forrest County Board of Supervisors is considering how to help out with Hattiesburg airport repairs caused by flooding last month.
- How early is too early for word that tornadoes may come? Updated: Apr-23-16 11:02 am
NORMAN, Oklahoma - Meteorologists are finding something much tougher to forecast than a stormy atmosphere: the human mind.
- FEMA giving $31K to Portland Fire Department Updated: Apr-23-16 8:45 am
PORTLAND, Maine - The Federal Emergency Management Agency is giving the fire department in Maine's largest city a grant of more than $31,000 through the Assistant to Firefighters Grant Program.
- Restrictions proposed for building in flood plains Updated: Apr-15-16 11:40 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Building in flood zones is about to get harder across much of Oregon, due to new federal recommendations.
- Vermont officials say Irene recovery projects continue Updated: Apr-10-16 11:33 am
JAMAICA, Vermont - Vermont officials say they will continue to pursue projects as towns recover from flooding caused by Tropical Storm Irene.
- West Virginia Editorial Roundup Updated: Apr-06-16 6:36 pm
Recent editorials from West Virginia newspapers: