- Man allegedly pretended to be FEMA rep after Houston storms Updated: Jun-17-16 11:32 am
HOUSTON - Houston police have arrested a man who allegedly posed as a federal worker to scam flood victims.
- Slidell to get final $60M from FEMA for Katrina damage Updated: Jun-16-16 9:57 am
SLIDELL, Louisiana - Slidell will get a $60 million check from the Federal Emergency Management Agency to finish repairing the damage Hurricane Katrina caused in 2005 to its streets and the sewer and drainage lines under them.
- Grand Isle gets $3.4M to elevate houses; more sought Updated: Jun-10-16 10:06 am
GRAND ISLE, Louisiana - The federal government is providing almost $3.4 million to elevate houses on Grand Isle, but officials said that money will help only a fraction of the island homeowners whose structures are subject to flooding.
- The Latest: FEMA authorizes funds to help fight Arizona fire Updated: Jun-09-16 7:29 pm
YARNELL, Arizona - The Latest on a wildfire burning near Yarnell, Arizona. (all times local):
- Flawed flood insurance maps hamper Ocean City condo sales Updated: Jun-08-16 7:03 am
OCEAN CITY, Maryland - Flawed Federal Emergency Management Agency flood insurance maps have caused insurance premiums at some Ocean City properties to skyrocket, but city officials say a resolution could still take months.
- Deadline to apply for FEMA help June 13 Updated: Jun-04-16 11:45 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Louisiana disaster survivors in 36 parishes have until June 13 to register with the Federal Emergency Management Agency for recovery assistance.
- FEMA denies federal funding to for April flooding Updated: Jun-02-16 10:56 am
GULFPORT, Mississippi - The Federal Emergency Management Agency has denied federal funding for late-April flood damage in South Mississippi. FEMA says the total damage amount doesn't meet the threshold for a disaster designation.
- Gary to receive $758,000 firefighters grant from FEMA Updated: Jun-01-16 10:56 pm
GARY, Indiana - The Gary Fire Department will receive $758,000 from the Federal Emergency Management Agency's Assistance to Firefighters Grant Program.