- Group seeks hate crime investigation for cab driver shooting Updated: Nov-30-15 5:17 pm
PITTSBURGH - The FBI is reviewing the shooting of a Pittsburgh cab driver after a Muslim civil rights group asked the Justice Department to determine if it was a hate crime.
- FBI, police investigating threat against Jewish school Updated: Nov-24-15 6:13 pm
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - Police and the FBI are looking for someone who sent a letter that included racially charged language and threats against people involved with a Jewish school in Greensboro.
- FBI, police investigating threat against Jewish school Updated: Nov-24-15 5:36 pm
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - Police and the FBI are looking for someone who issued a threat against people involved with a Jewish school in Greensboro.
- Officer suspended during probe of incident at Ole Miss game Updated: Nov-23-15 7:35 pm
OXFORD, Mississippi - A New Albany police officer has been suspended with pay during an investigation about whether he punched a spectator at Saturday's Ole Miss-LSU football game.
- New FBI chief in Boston talks on terror, economic espionage Updated: Nov-23-15 5:35 pm
BOSTON - For Harold Shaw, starting a job as the new special agent in charge of the FBI's Boston office is a bit of a homecoming.
- Democrats push to prevent gun sales to those on terror list Updated: Nov-20-15 10:23 pm
WASHINGTON - People on the U.S. government's terrorist watch list often can't board commercial airliners, but they can walk into a gun store and legally buy pistols and powerful military-style rifles.
- FBI probes gunshots in 'isolated incident' at Meriden mosque Updated: Nov-20-15 4:33 pm
MERIDEN, Connecticut - An FBI spokeswoman says the agency believes a shooting that left bullet holes in a Meriden mosque was an isolated incident and there is no threat to the community.
- FBI head: No credible threat to US after Paris attacks Updated: Nov-19-15 10:25 pm
WASHINGTON - FBI Director James Comey said Thursday there is no credible threat to the United States following the Paris terror attacks, and that investigators have found no links between the attackers and the U.S.
- Remaining 2 NC Wyeth paintings stolen in 2013 are recovered Updated: Nov-19-15 7:33 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - A pair of stolen N.C. Wyeth paintings worth up to $500,000 apiece have been recovered and will be displayed in Maine along with four other stolen paintings recouped nearly a year ago in California, officials said Thursday.
- FBI closes investigation into Salt Lake County mayor Updated: Nov-19-15 4:02 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - The FBI says it has closed an investigation into Salt Lake County Mayor Ben McAdams without finding evidence of wrongdoing.
- US official defends Syrian refugee program; House vote nears Updated: Nov-19-15 10:10 am
WASHINGTON - A State Department official is defending America's refugee resettlement program - hours before a House vote on legislation that would raise new hurdles for Syrian and Iraqi refugees entering the United States.
- The Latest: FBI agent: Defendant said he approved of crime Updated: Nov-18-15 3:40 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The latest from the trial of a man facing murder and racketeering charges in an organized crime case in San Francisco's Chinatown (all times are local):
- US Muslims face backlash after Paris attacks Updated: Nov-18-15 9:45 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Muslims around the U.S. are facing backlash following the deadly attacks in Paris, including vandalism to mosques and Islamic centers, hate-filled phone and online messages and threats of violence.
- FBI director: New Haven model for police-minority relations Updated: Nov-16-15 6:09 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - FBI Director James Comey says New Haven, Connecticut, is a model for the nation in improving relations between law enforcement and minority communities.
- FBI may not release more on motives in Chattanooga shooting Updated: Nov-13-15 5:21 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The public may never know more about what motivated a 24-year-old Chattanooga man to kill four Marines and a sailor in an attack on Chattanooga's U.S. Naval and Marine Reserve Center last July.
- Choctaw County school under investigation for funds misuse Updated: Nov-13-15 3:30 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - A small Choctaw County school is under investigation by the FBI and the U.S. Department of Education's inspector general for the misappropriation of at least $235,000 over a five-year period.
- FBI launches investigation into rancher killed by deputies Updated: Nov-13-15 10:57 am
BOISE, Idaho - The FBI has launched a separate investigation into the death of an Idaho rancher who was shot and killed by sheriff's deputies after one of his bulls was hit by a car and charged emergency crews.
- Report: Germany spied on FBI, US companies, French minister Updated: Nov-11-15 11:08 am
BERLIN - German public radio station rbb-Inforadio reported Wednesday that the country's foreign intelligence agency spied on the FBI and U.S. arms companies, adding to a growing list of targets among friendly nations the agency allegedly eavesdropped on.
- California students go back to classes after stabbings Updated: Nov-10-15 10:32 am
MERCED, California - Students at the University of California, Merced have returned to classes several days after a student stabbed four people before being killed by police.
- FBI use DNA to ID dismembered toddler found in lagoon Updated: Nov-04-15 7:57 pm
CHICAGO - The dismembered remains of a toddler found in a Chicago lagoon were identified through DNA as that of a 2-year-old northern Illinois boy reported missing in September, Chicago police said Wednesday.
- Records: FBI looked into ex-Chicago schools chief in Detroit Updated: Nov-03-15 5:15 pm
CHICAGO - Court documents show the FBI was investigating whether former Chicago Public Schools CEO Barbara Byrd-Bennett fraudulently steered a $40 million contract to an educational publisher while she worked for Detroit schools.
- FBI offering reward for information on Eagle Butte death Updated: Nov-03-15 2:16 am
EAGLE BUTTE, South Dakota - The Federal Bureau of Investigation is offering a $5,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for the death of East Lee near Eagle Butte (BYOOT).
- FBI: No evidence bomb caused blast on Maldives leader's boat Updated: Nov-01-15 3:46 am
COLOMBO, Sri Lanka - There is no evidence that last month's explosion aboard the Maldivian president's boat was caused by a bomb, the FBI said, contradicting government allegations that have led to the arrest of the country's vice president and deepened the turmoil in the Indian Ocean archipelago.