- Flight from Vegas to Germany diverted over unruly passenger Updated: Aug-29-15 6:28 pm
DENVER - An international flight from Las Vegas to Frankfurt made an emergency landing at Denver International Airport escorted by two F-16 fighter jets Friday night after what officials called a "disturbance on the plane."
- Ex-Arkansas treasurer gets 2 ½ years in prison Updated: Aug-28-15 4:13 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Former Arkansas Treasurer Martha Shoffner was sentenced to 2 ½ years in prison on Friday following her conviction last year on federal bribery and extortion charges.
- Feds win fight for access to indicted Paul aide's Gmail Updated: Aug-28-15 2:36 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Federal prosecutors are prevailing in their yearlong fight to access the emails of a once-powerful Republican consultant from Google Inc.
- AP sues over access to FBI records involving fake news story Updated: Aug-27-15 7:44 pm
WASHINGTON - The Associated Press sued the U.S. Department of Justice Thursday over the FBI's failure to provide public records related to the creation of a fake news story used to plant surveillance software on a suspect's computer.
- Judge won't toss charges in Chinatown racketeering case Updated: Aug-27-15 4:00 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - A federal judge refused Thursday to throw out a racketeering case against a man arrested in a money laundering and corruption probe centered in San Francisco's Chinatown that also led to charges against a California state senator.
- Minnesota FBI: Terror arrests haven't stopped travel plots Updated: Aug-26-15 5:54 pm
BROOKLYN CENTER, Minnesota - The high-profile arrests of six Minneapolis-area men charged with plotting to join the Islamic State group haven't stopped others from aspiring to do the same, and some are planning trips "as we speak," the head of the FBI in Minnesota said Wednesday.
- Federal grand jury investigating East St. Louis towing fees Updated: Aug-26-15 12:33 pm
EAST ST. LOUIS, Illinois - A federal grand jury is investigating how towing fees are collected by the city of East St. Louis.
- Jackson County jail focus of FBI probe of inmate abuse Updated: Aug-24-15 7:22 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The FBI and Jackson County officials have been investigating four cases of guards accused of abusing inmates at the county jail, authorities announced Monday.
- Former FBI agent recounts decades-old shootout near Ohio Updated: Aug-24-15 9:12 am
CINCINNATI - A former FBI agent used his investigative experience to research a new book recounting the story of how an agent was killed by a car-theft ring suspect 80 years ago this month.
- FBI officials to hold seminar about church violence Updated: Aug-23-15 11:36 am
GREENVILLE, South Carolina - Federal Bureau of Investigation officials will talk about violence in churches and other houses of worship during a presentation that follows the shootings at a church in Charleston.
- Northern Colorado homicides remain unsolved months later Updated: Aug-22-15 4:53 pm
FORT COLLINS, Colorado - A special task force is meeting almost daily as three homicide investigations continue to drag on in northern Colorado, with full-time investigators assigned from the FBI, Windsor and Loveland police departments, and sheriff's offices in Larimer and Weld counties.
- NY man convicted in plot to target Muslims with X-ray weapon Updated: Aug-21-15 5:07 pm
ALBANY, New York - An upstate New York man was convicted Friday of plotting to kill Muslims with a mobile X-ray device by a jury that rejected his lawyer's argument that he was entrapped by the FBI.
- New leader named for Buffalo FBI office Updated: Aug-21-15 3:05 am
BUFFALO, New York - An FBI agent with experience investigating Internet and international terrorism has been chosen to lead the agency's Buffalo office.
- Ex-sheriff's captain pleads guilty in corruption case Updated: Aug-19-15 11:20 pm
LOS ANGELES - A former captain with the nation's largest sheriff's department pleaded guilty Wednesday to lying on the witness stand during a widespread misconduct investigation into abuse within the Los Angeles County jail system.
- Feds: Man arrested for hoax bomb threat at Statue of Liberty Updated: Aug-19-15 6:37 pm
NEW YORK - A man who used the name of a 1993 World Trade Center bombing conspirator and threatened to "blow up" the Statue of Liberty in April, forcing the evacuation of Liberty Island, has been arrested, federal authorities announced Wednesday.
- Federal program gives tribes access to criminal databases Updated: Aug-19-15 5:19 pm
SEATTLE - Federal officials on Wednesday launched a new program that will allow tribes access to national criminal databases and fix a system that allowed a man to buy a gun that was later used by his son to kill four classmates and himself at a Washington high school.
- Records: Men linked to militia accused in smuggling rip-off Updated: Aug-18-15 5:55 pm
PHOENIX - Three men affiliated with an Arizona militia group were charged in federal court with trying to replicate a tactic long used by smugglers: Stealing drugs from people who have already transported them across the Mexico border.
- Probe of Clinton's server could find more than just emails Updated: Aug-18-15 11:36 am
WASHINGTON - A forensic examination of Hillary Rodham Clinton's private computer server could unearth more details than what she put in her emails. It could answer lingering questions about the security of her system, who had access to it and whether outsiders tried to crack its contents.
- Benghazi case focuses attention on US interrogation strategy Updated: Aug-15-15 5:15 pm
WASHINGTON - After a suspected militant was captured last year to face charges for the deadly 2012 attacks on Americans in Benghazi, Libya, he was brought to the U.S. aboard a Navy transport ship on a 13-day trip that his lawyers say could have taken 13 hours by plane.
- FBI severs ties to cooperator in $500M Boston museum theft Updated: Aug-13-15 10:10 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Federal authorities investigating the 1990 theft of $500 million in art from Boston's Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum have terminated a cooperation agreement with a reputed gangster because they think he lied to a grand jury when saying he knew nothing about the heist.
- Federal court: Anti-Muslim group can't post ads on buses Updated: Aug-12-15 8:19 pm
SEATTLE - An anti-Muslim group cannot post ads on buses in Washington state showing photos of wanted terrorists and wrongly claiming the FBI offers a $25 million reward for one of their captures, a federal appeals court ruled Wednesday.
- Congressman says FBI questioned him about real estate firm Updated: Aug-11-15 6:53 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - U.S. Rep. Robert Pittenger said Tuesday that the FBI asked questions several months ago about a real estate company he founded.
- Man pleads not guilty to backpack bomb plot on Florida beach Updated: Aug-11-15 11:22 am
MIAMI - A Florida Keys man pleaded not guilty Tuesday to federal charges of plotting to set off a backpack bomb on a beach to show solidarity with the Islamic State militant group.
- Editorials from around Ohio Updated: Aug-10-15 5:20 pm
Excerpts of recent editorials of statewide and national interest from Ohio newspapers:
- FBI investigates bullet holes at Toppenish health center Updated: Aug-07-15 6:23 am
TOPPENISH, Washington - The FBI is investigating after bullet holes were found inside the Indian Health Services clinic in Toppenish.