- Ex-Rendell aide pleading guilty in FBI campaign cash sting Updated: Apr-29-16 8:22 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A onetime chief of staff to ex-Gov. Ed Rendell agreed in a court document filed Friday to plead guilty to wire fraud for pocketing thousands of dollars in supposed campaign contributions from a fake company set up by the FBI to investigate public corruption in the state.
- Ole Miss to investigate Tunsil's comments on receiving cash Updated: Apr-29-16 6:27 pm
Laremy Tunsil said enough about Mississippi at the NFL draft for the university to launch an investigation into his time at the school. Now, the former Rebel offensive lineman only wants to talk about his new team, the Miami Dolphins.
- Ohio schools close over misinterpretation of video threat Updated: Apr-29-16 6:00 pm
ATHENS, Ohio - Six Ohio school districts closed on Friday while authorities investigated what turned out to be a misinterpretation of an anonymous video threatening the safety of "American students."
- The Latest: Video threatening US students posted from Europe Updated: Apr-29-16 4:40 pm
ATHENS, Ohio - The Latest on a video threat connected to Ohio University (all times local):
- Doctor, 8 others arrested in Reno-area 'pill mill' case Updated: Apr-29-16 4:11 pm
RENO, Nevada - A Reno-area physician is among nine people, including current and former employees of a northern Nevada auto dealership, accused of running a deadly illegal prescription drug "pill mill," federal officials said Friday.
- Friend of Charleston church massacre suspect pleads guilty Updated: Apr-29-16 4:05 pm
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - A friend of the white man accused of killing nine black parishioners during a Bible study at a Charleston church last year pleaded guilty Friday to lying to federal authorities. He also revealed the suspect told him he had intended to kill himself after the slayings, which he had planned for months.
- Vegas water district official departs, FBI probing purchases Updated: Apr-29-16 1:23 pm
LAS VEGAS - At least one former Las Vegas water district official is no longer on the payroll, and federal authorities are investigating allegations that a purchasing agent made $4 million worth of unauthorized purchases that were shipped to a New Jersey address.
- FBI says it won't disclose how it accessed locked iPhone Updated: Apr-27-16 11:16 pm
WASHINGTON - The FBI said Wednesday that it will not publicly disclose the method that allowed it to access a locked iPhone used by one of the San Bernardino attackers, saying it lacks enough "technical information" about the software vulnerability that was exploited.
- Beshear says Bevin is abusing authority as governor Updated: Apr-27-16 5:53 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Saying Gov. Matt Bevin had declared war on him and his family, former Democratic Gov. Steve Beshear responded with a blistering critique of the new administration on Wednesday that included allegations of "selling state government to the highest bidder."
- FBI joins probe of woman abducted, assaults in 'work' van Updated: Apr-26-16 9:10 am
CURWENSVILLE, Pennsylvania - The FBI has joined the investigation of reports that a central Pennsylvania woman was abducted by several men then sexually assaulted as they drove her around in a work-type van.
- 911 call helps convict former Louisiana district attorney Updated: Apr-21-16 10:11 pm
NEW ORLEANS - In 2010, a woman made a desperate 911 call to report that a powerful prosecutor sexually assaulted her at her home. Six years later that prosecutor has been called a sexual predator by authorities and faces a possible prison sentence.
- FBI head: No timetable for completing Clinton email probe Updated: Apr-21-16 2:25 pm
WASHINGTON - FBI Director James Comey says there's no timetable for the FBI to complete its investigation into Hillary Clinton's use of a private email server when she was secretary of state.
- Data breach investigated at Catholic Archdiocese of Denver Updated: Apr-20-16 3:08 pm
DENVER - Current and former employees of the Catholic Archdiocese of Denver are at risk of identity theft after a data breach.
- FBI recognizes Sterling mosque for community efforts Updated: Apr-15-16 3:41 pm
STERLING, Virginia - The FBI has given a Community Leadership Award to a prominent northern Virginia mosque.
- AP Explains: Privacy wars pit tech firms vs. the feds Updated: Apr-15-16 1:28 pm
NEW YORK - Companies like Apple and Microsoft are pushing back against government surveillance in the courts, arguing that federal authorities have gone too far in obtaining chats, emails and other private information from phones and online services.
- FBI investigating stabbing death on Spirit Lake Reservation Updated: Apr-15-16 10:24 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Federal authorities are investigating a stabbing death on the Spirit Lake Reservation last weekend.
- Official: FBI reviewing SC couple's cavity search case Updated: Apr-14-16 12:54 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Federal authorities are reviewing the case of a black South Carolina couple who say they were subjected to an illegal cavity search at the hands of white officers.
- Review: 1957 cold case conviction riddled with missteps Updated: Apr-13-16 8:47 am
CHICAGO - Half a century after the mysterious abduction and killing of a 7-year-old Illinois girl, authorities found a suspect - a former neighbor of the child - secured his conviction and put an end to a small town's agony.
- FBI offers reward in Missouri theft of Warhol prints Updated: Apr-12-16 10:32 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Federal investigators looking into the theft of artwork - including Andy Warhol prints of Campbell soup cans - at a southwest Missouri museum hope a $25,000 reward stirs up leads.
- FBI marks 30 years since bloody South Florida shootout Updated: Apr-11-16 5:21 pm
MIRAMAR, Florida - The FBI is marking the 30th anniversary of a bloody South Florida shootout that left two agents dead and led to changes nationwide in law enforcement weapons, body armor and tactics.
- Obama: 'No political influence' in Clinton email probe Updated: Apr-10-16 11:36 am
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama is guaranteeing that evidence, not politics, will dictate the outcome of the FBI's investigation into Hillary Clinton's handling of emails as secretary of state.
- Mexico to consider extradition of suspect in Texas slaying Updated: Apr-09-16 4:47 pm
MEXICO CITY - A ruling on extraditing a woman who is on the FBI's 10 Most Wanted fugitives list for the killing of her ex-boyfriend's new girlfriend in Texas could come anywhere from two to 12 months from now, a Mexican official said Saturday.
- Virginia officials hope facial sculptures solve mysteries Updated: Apr-09-16 10:49 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Their identities are a mystery: the remains of eight people found dead in Virginia between 1972 and 2014, two of them victims of a double murder nearly three decades ago.
- FBI shows new images of Arizona 'Most Wanted' fugitive Updated: Apr-09-16 12:08 am
PHOENIX - There is no reason to believe that a suburban Phoenix man who disappeared after the 2001 slayings of his wife and children is dead, authorities said.
- US asks judge to seal files in case over CIA sex case leaks Updated: Apr-08-16 9:47 pm
WASHINGTON - The Justice Department urged a U.S. judge late Friday to keep secret many of the court records in the now-abandoned lawsuit over leaks in the investigation that led to the resignation of former CIA director David Petraeus.