- Alleged Islamic State sympathizer arrested on terror charge Updated: May-24-16 6:16 pm
NEW YORK - Investigators found an Islamic State flag and a passport wrapped in $2,400 in cash when they arrested a young Bronx man Tuesday on charges that he tried to support the terror organization, a prosecutor said.
- Family asks for FBI investigation of 2013 police shooting Updated: May-23-16 10:51 pm
CHICAGO - The family of a teenager shot to death by Chicago police in 2013 is asking for an FBI investigation after seeing surveillance video that captured part of the incident.
- Clinton email probe in late stage, FBI may question her Updated: May-23-16 12:14 pm
WASHINGTON - FBI agents probing whether Hillary Clinton's use of a private email server imperiled government secrets appear close to completing their work, a process experts say will probably culminate in a sit-down with the former secretary of state.
- Extras sought for film about FBI informant slain in Kentucky Updated: May-23-16 4:13 am
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - A film about an FBI agent who pleaded guilty in Kentucky to strangling an informant in 1989 is scheduled to begin shooting this week in Lexington.
- Local entities join together for film screening about drugs Updated: May-22-16 11:04 am
MARTINSBURG, West Virginia - Hundreds of community leaders, students and parents packed Martinsburg High School's auditorium to view "Chasing the Dragon-The Life of An Opiate Addict, " a documentary film produced by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA).
- FBI informant testifies in terror trial of 3 Minnesota men Updated: May-19-16 7:12 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - A man who planned to join fighting in Syria before he became an informant for the FBI has been testifying in the trial of three Minnesota men accused of plotting to join the Islamic State group. Some key details about Abdirahman Bashir:
- FBI said Sydney gunman prone to violence years before siege Updated: May-18-16 10:25 pm
WASHINGTON - Five years before he held 18 people hostage inside a Sydney cafe, Iranian-born Man Haron Monis attracted the attention of the FBI as someone who had "the potential to incite others to violence," according to documents obtained by The Associated Press.
- Potential evidence found in Arizona girl's unsolved murder Updated: May-18-16 7:36 pm
MCNARY, Arizona - Federal authorities say they've found some potential evidence into the 2006 killing of a 16-year-old girl in eastern Arizona.
- Top FBI agent for New Mexico outlines priorities Updated: May-15-16 4:14 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Six months into the job, the top FBI agent for New Mexico says strengthening relationships with other law enforcement agencies across the state - including tribal and local police departments - has emerged as a top priority.
- Movie crew scouting central Kentucky for locations Updated: May-14-16 4:31 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - A movie crew has been scouting locations in central Kentucky for a film based on the story of FBI agent Mark Putnam, who confessed to killing a pregnant informant with whom he had been having an affair.
- FBI, Yale team up to offer crime-fighting academy for teens Updated: May-14-16 12:28 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - The FBI and Yale University are teaming up to offer a summer camp for teens interested in crime fighting.
- FBI agents seize documents in orthodox Jewish community Updated: May-13-16 6:01 am
KIRYAS JOEL, New York - Agents with the FBI and other law enforcement agencies have seized documents from a New York Hasidic Jewish village.
- Muncie mayor says FBI is investigating city's government Updated: May-12-16 6:16 pm
MUNCIE, Indiana - Muncie Mayor Dennis Tyler says the FBI is investigating the city's government for possible wrongdoing.
- FBI head says he's unfamiliar with 'security inquiry' term Updated: May-11-16 5:27 pm
WASHINGTON - FBI Director James Comey said Wednesday that he was unfamiliar with the "security inquiry" terminology the Clinton campaign sometimes uses to discuss an ongoing investigation arising from Hillary Clinton's use of a private email server as secretary of state. He also reiterated that there was no set timeline to wrap up the investigation and that he was committed to it being done well.
- July trial on for man accused in Florida Keys bomb plot Updated: May-11-16 11:16 am
MIAMI - A July trial date is on for a Florida man accused of conspiring to detonate a bomb at a Florida Keys beach.
- The Latest: Ex-Rendell aide to pleads guilty in FBI sting Updated: May-10-16 12:12 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - The Latest on a onetime top aide to former Democratic Gov. Ed Rendell pleading guilty in an FBI sting investigating public corruption in Pennsylvania.
- 2 Kentucky governors, past and present, in acrid public feud Updated: May-10-16 6:41 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Kentucky's two most recent governors are feuding, but they can agree on one thing: the FBI is investigating.
- Puerto Rico Senate hands off probe of power authority to FBI Updated: May-09-16 4:36 pm
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - A special commission looking into fuel purchases by the financially troubled electric utility in Puerto Rico has turned over its findings to U.S. federal authorities for further investigation, the majority leader of the island's Senate said Monday.
- Retired FBI agent shares insight on Boston art heist Updated: May-09-16 9:56 am
AMESBURY, Massachusetts - The Amesbury Rotary Club got a firsthand account of possibly the most notorious unsolved art heist in 20th century history when retired FBI agent and supervisor Tom Cassano addressed the group last week.
- Pennsylvania FBI sting: Prelude to more corruption arrests? Updated: May-08-16 9:51 am
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - The FBI's approach to a campaign cash sting that snared a onetime top aide to former Pennsylvania Democratic Gov. Ed Rendell suggests that it is a prelude to more public corruption arrests, former federal prosecutors say.
- Amid FBI probe, Miami suburb verges on financial collapse Updated: May-06-16 10:37 am
OPA-LOCKA, Florida - Amid an FBI corruption investigation, authorities say the Miami suburb of Opa-locka is teetering toward financial collapse.
- Man charged in Michigan probe of contaminated food Updated: May-05-16 8:52 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - A Michigan man suspected of spraying a contaminant on unpackaged food at grocery stores faces four charges of poisoning food.
- Ex-Rendell aide pleading guilty in FBI campaign cash sting Updated: Apr-29-16 8:22 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A onetime chief of staff to ex-Gov. Ed Rendell agreed in a court document filed Friday to plead guilty to wire fraud for pocketing thousands of dollars in supposed campaign contributions from a fake company set up by the FBI to investigate public corruption in the state.
- Ole Miss to investigate Tunsil's comments on receiving cash Updated: Apr-29-16 6:27 pm
Laremy Tunsil said enough about Mississippi at the NFL draft for the university to launch an investigation into his time at the school. Now, the former Rebel offensive lineman only wants to talk about his new team, the Miami Dolphins.
- Ohio schools close over misinterpretation of video threat Updated: Apr-29-16 6:00 pm
ATHENS, Ohio - Six Ohio school districts closed on Friday while authorities investigated what turned out to be a misinterpretation of an anonymous video threatening the safety of "American students."