- Pilots pay tribute to comrade whose WWII plane crashed Updated: May-28-16 9:04 pm
NEW YORK - Air show pilots performed an aerial salute Saturday to their comrade who died after his World War II-era plane crashed in the Hudson River between New York and New Jersey a day earlier.
- The Latest: Pilot who crashed in Hudson honored at ceremony Updated: May-28-16 4:21 pm
NEW YORK - The Latest on the fatal crash of a vintage World War II plane into the Hudson River between New York and New Jersey (all times local):
- 153 homes in Bryan damaged by tornado Updated: May-27-16 10:44 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - The Latest on severe weather in the Plains and flooding in Texas following heavy rains (all times local):
- Firefighters from airports in Upper Peninsula hold training Updated: May-27-16 11:54 am
FORSYTH TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Firefighters from airports across Michigan's Upper Peninsula gathered for aircraft rescue and fire training at Sawyer International Airport.
- FAA says Reno crash landing was due to engine failure Updated: May-26-16 2:20 pm
RENO, Nevada - Officials say engine failure is what led the pilot of a small plane to crash-land on a busy road in Reno.
- Oklahoma brothers among dead in Hawaii skydiving plane crash Updated: May-26-16 5:11 am
HONOLULU - Two brothers from Oklahoma were among five people killed this week in a rare crash involving skydivers in Hawaii.
- The Latest: FAA says no reports for skydiving company owner Updated: May-24-16 5:40 pm
HONOLULU - The Latest on a Kauai skydiving plane crash that killed five people on Monday (all times local):
- Sheriff's office seeks to use drones in southwest Ohio Updated: May-24-16 7:13 am
HAMILTON, Ohio - A southwest Ohio sheriff's office is working for certification to operate drones that can be used for evidence gathering and in searches.
- Minor injuries after plane crashes in water off Makaha beach Updated: May-23-16 10:40 pm
WAIANAE, Hawaii - Two people survived with minor injuries after the small plane they were in crashed into the water close to shore off west Oahu's Makaha beach on Monday, officials said.
- The Latest: 2 onboard small plane stable after Makaha crash Updated: May-23-16 8:34 pm
WAIANAE, Hawaii - The Latest on a small aircraft crash off Makaha Beach Park (all times local):
- The Latest: County: Plane in crash on SkyDive Kauai tour Updated: May-23-16 7:25 pm
HANAPEPE, Hawaii - The Latest on a small plane that crashed on Kauai, killing five people on board (all times local):
- Bomber restored in Wichita passes last major hurdle to fly Updated: May-23-16 5:34 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - Volunteers have achieved another major milestone in their efforts to restore a World War II bomber.
- Oklahoma landowners register airstrips to halt wind farms Updated: May-23-16 5:19 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Southwest Oklahoma landowners have registered private airstrips in order to push back on the development of wind farms in the area.
- Restored vintage World War II bomber certified to fly Updated: May-21-16 3:03 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A World War II aircraft that took nearly 16 years to restore might be flying over Kansas in the next few weeks after receiving a certificate of airworthiness from the Federal Aviation Administration.
- Privacy fears: Panel has advice for drone operators Updated: May-20-16 5:12 pm
DALLAS - A panel of privacy experts and technology companies organized by the Obama administration has issued guidelines for using drones without being overly intrusive.
- Unmanned aircraft partnership gets FAA authorization Updated: May-20-16 2:05 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - The Federal Aviation Administration has approved a new flight corridor in central Virginia for unnamed aircraft testing.
- Keystone woman fed up with Mount Rushmore helicopter tours Updated: May-20-16 10:01 am
KEYSTONE, South Dakota - A Keystone woman is fed up with the noise of helicopter tours around Mount Rushmore.
- Cleveland airport to pay $200K fine over snow, ice removal Updated: May-18-16 12:28 am
CLEVELAND - Cleveland has agreed to pay a $200,000 fine to settle Federal Aviation Administration complaints that Cleveland Hopkins International Airport had failed to maintain adequate staffing to clear runways of snow and ice.
- Correction: Radar-Activated Turbine Lights story Updated: May-14-16 12:27 pm
LOWELL, Vermont - In a story May 12 about wind farm warning lights in Lowell, Vermont, The Associated Press erroneously reported the status of the project. It needs final approval from the FAA and state regulators, not just the FAA.
- Policing the bird highway Updated: May-14-16 8:18 am
KETCHIKAN, Alaska - On a nice, sunny day in the 1960s, air taxi pilot Dick Hamlin picked up two women and their babies to take them to a logging camp on Kasaan Bay. As the air taxi approached Grindall Island, Hamlin noticed an eagle in the air, watching the plane.
- Oxford Schools to consider drone policy Updated: May-13-16 10:16 am
OXFORD, Mississippi - The Oxford School District is considering a new policy that would forbid anyone from flying a drone or any remote-controlled aircraft in the skies over school campuses or school properties without the authorization of the Federal Aviation Administration.
- Dubuque terminal finishes 6 months early, $3M under budget Updated: May-12-16 3:55 pm
DUBUQUE, Iowa - The Dubuque Regional Airport's new terminal is ready to open, six months ahead of schedule and about $3 million under budget.
- Small plane hits deer, flips while trying to land at airport Updated: May-11-16 4:38 pm
KEENE, New Hampshire - Authorities say a small plane struck a deer and flipped over while landing at a New Hampshire airport.
- Emergency officials in South Dakota county getting drone Updated: May-11-16 8:07 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Lincoln County's Emergency Management Department is getting a drone to help with search-and-rescue missions.
- EXCHANGE: Longtime pilot landing career with FAA award Updated: May-10-16 7:45 am
DECATUR, Illinois - If you took off and flew continuously for the total number of hours veteran Decatur pilot Barton Cole has under his wing, you would not land again for 15 months.