- 2 injured in South Kingstown house fire; DEA, ATF on scene Updated: Jul-31-15 4:17 pm
SOUTH KINGSTOWN, Rhode Island - Two men were taken to the hospital after an explosion and fire at a South Kingstown home.
- Prescription drug take back initiative set for Sept. 26 Updated: Jul-30-15 3:17 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Another prescription drug collection effort will be held in September.
- Police: DEA joining probe in Santa Fe pot dispensary blast Updated: Jul-24-15 5:20 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration is joining an investigation into an explosion and fire at a Santa Fe medical marijuana dispensary that injured two people, police said Friday.
- New Orleans police chief details plan to curb violent crime Updated: Jul-21-15 6:01 pm
NEW ORLEANS - More overtime for police and more collaborative efforts with federal law enforcement agencies are among the steps New Orleans police chief Michael Harrison said are being taken to crack down on violent crime in the city.
- US gov't asked Mexico to extradite drug lord before escape Updated: Jul-17-15 3:31 pm
WASHINGTON - Just weeks before Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman sneaked out of a maximum security prison in Mexico, the U.S. government had requested formally that the drug kingpin be sent to the United States to stand trial on a variety of drug trafficking and conspiracy charges, the Justice Department said on Friday.
- Sniper case leads to 20-year prison term for ex-US soldier Updated: Jul-16-15 7:05 pm
NEW YORK - A former U.S. Army soldier who participated in a conspiracy to kill a federal agent and a confidential informant has been sentenced in New York to 20 years in prison.
- Chicago-linked DEA official: Guzman escape 1 of 'worst days' Updated: Jul-16-15 6:12 pm
CHICAGO - The former head of the Drug Enforcement Administration's Chicago office is playing a role in the manhunt for a drug lord who escaped through a tunnel from a Mexican prison over the weekend.
- Documents: US agents knew of 'El Chapo' escape plots in 2014 Updated: Jul-13-15 10:45 pm
WASHINGTON - The weekend disappearance of Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman from a maximum security prison should have come as little surprise to Mexican authorities: The Drug Enforcement Administration had alerted them 16 months ago about several plans to escape.
- The Latest: Trump tweets Guzman's escape proves his claims Updated: Jul-12-15 8:44 pm
MEXICO CITY - Here are the latest developments about Mexican drug lord Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman's escape from prison:
- Orangeburg man gets 8 years in prison for wounding DEA agent Updated: Jul-07-15 8:07 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - An Orangeburg County man has been sentenced to eight years in prison for shooting and wounding a Drug Enforcement Administration agent last year.
- Ohio looks overseas in search for lethal drugs Updated: Jul-03-15 9:41 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio has explored overseas options in its search for lethal injection drugs no longer available in the U.S. despite a court ruling that banned such purchases, records show.