- Nepalese in US can stay while country recovers from quake Updated: Jun-24-15 4:53 pm
WASHINGTON - U.S. homeland security officials will let Nepalese citizens stay in the United States while their country recovers from April's devastating earthquake and aftershocks.
- UNC-CH to head national coastal hazards preparedness center Updated: Jun-23-15 4:38 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina's flagship university is taking the lead in research on how American coastal communities can adapt to hazards.
- TSA: Airport workers with alleged terror ties aren't threats Updated: Jun-16-15 2:44 pm
WASHINGTON - None of 73 U.S. airport workers cited by a government watchdog for unspecified ties to terrorism is actually a suspected terrorist or threat to aviation security, a senior Transportation Security Administration official told lawmakers Tuesday.
- 390,000 people tied to DHS may have had data breached Updated: Jun-15-15 6:00 pm
WASHINGTON - As many as 390,000 current and former Homeland Security Department employees, contractors and job applicants may have had their private data compromised in a newly disclosed computer hack discovered last year.
- Monroe County agencies receive baby formula seized by police Updated: Jun-11-15 2:56 pm
MONROE, Michigan - Two Monroe County nonprofits serving women in crisis pregnancy centers are benefiting from about 2,000 cans of stolen baby formula seized by Michigan State Police.