- Coast Guard says salvage operations on sunken boat a success Updated: Nov-29-15 9:42 am
STONINGTON, Maine - U.S. Coast Guard officials say salvage operators have successfully raised fishing boat that sank off the coast of Stonington, Maine.
- Exhibit about maritime pets cruises into Annapolis Updated: Nov-29-15 9:08 am
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - No one can resist the allure of a cute kitten or a fluffy dog.
- Coast Guard finds body believed to be missing Chilean man Updated: Nov-28-15 2:37 pm
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - The U.S. Coast Guard has found a body floating off Puerto Rico's northwest coast that officials believe to be a Chilean man reported missing from a cargo vessel traveling through the region.
- 2 people die, 5 survive after pontoon boat capsizes Updated: Nov-27-15 9:30 pm
MANASQUAN, New Jersey - Authorities say two people have died and five survived after a pontoon boat capsized off New Jersey's coast.
- Coast Guard rescues pair after fishing boat capsizes Updated: Nov-26-15 3:50 pm
MIAMI - The U.S. Coast Guard in Miami rescued two people after their fishing boat capsized and sank hundreds of miles from Key West, Florida
- Coast Guard rescues fisherman off Rhode Island coastline Updated: Nov-26-15 3:09 pm
NARRAGANSETT, Rhode Island - The Coast Guard says it has rescued a man who suffered chest pains while aboard a fishing boat off the Rhode Island coastline.
- Chilean man missing from cargo vessel north of Puerto Rico Updated: Nov-26-15 2:34 pm
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - U.S. Coast Guard rescue teams are combing the Atlantic Ocean near Puerto Rico in search of a Chilean man reported missing from a cargo vessel traveling through the region.
- 2 Coast Guard cutters carry the name Munro Updated: Nov-23-15 1:33 pm
KODIAK, Alaska - There are now two Coast Guard cutters that carry the name Munro.
- Crews begin pumping oil cargo from sunken barge in Lake Erie Updated: Nov-21-15 5:51 pm
TOLEDO, Ohio - Salvage crews have begun an underwater operation to pump a hazardous oil-based substance from a sunken barge that apparently had been sitting undiscovered on the bottom of Lake Erie for nearly 80 years.
- Search called off for fisherman who capsized near Ventura Updated: Nov-21-15 5:43 pm
VENTURA, California - The Coast Guard has called off the search for a fisherman who went missing after his boat capsized in waters near Ventura.
- Teams searching Lake Champlain after distress call made Updated: Nov-20-15 6:42 pm
BURLINGTON, Vermont - The U.S. Coast Guard and other emergency responders are searching Lake Champlain after receiving an apparent distress call from a boater.
- Coast Guard rescues man, 2 pets from grounded sailboat Updated: Nov-19-15 4:26 pm
WILMINGTON, North Carolina - The U.S. Coast Guard says its personnel rescued a 68-year-old man and his two pets from a sailboat grounded near Raccoon Island.
- Coast Guard seizes major cocaine loads off Latin America Updated: Nov-19-15 1:31 pm
SAN DIEGO - The U.S. Coast Guard has seized more than 50,000 pounds of cocaine off Latin America during the past four months in what is shaping up to be a record year for seizures in the Pacific.
- 56-foot ferry towed after becoming disabled in Casco Bay Updated: Nov-13-15 4:45 pm
YARMOUTH, Maine - The Coast Guard has responded to a passenger ferry in Casco Bay after it became disabled in rough weather.
- Coast Guard rescues 2 men off southern New Jersey coast Updated: Nov-13-15 4:44 pm
SOMERS POINT, New Jersey - A Coast Guard helicopter crew rescued two men from a sinking vessel in Great Egg Harbor off New Jersey's southern coast.
- Coast Guard searches for woman who fell from cruise ship Updated: Nov-13-15 4:40 pm
MIAMI - Crews are continuing to search for a woman officials say intentionally went overboard from a cruise ship that had been chartered for an electronic dance party.
- Coast Guard: Maine foghorns to be radio activated by May Updated: Nov-13-15 11:56 am
SOUTH PORTLAND, Maine - The Coast Guard says the foghorns at 17 lighthouses across the Maine coast will convert to radio-activated signal technology by May.
- Tanker tows disabled boat 300 miles through Gulf of Mexico Updated: Nov-12-15 8:08 am
GALVESTON, Texas - A tanker has towed a disabled pleasure boat about 300 miles through the Gulf of Mexico to help the smaller craft safely return to Texas.
- Photographer recalls Daniel J. Morrell sinking 49 years ago Updated: Nov-11-15 11:32 am
PORT HURON, Michigan - Nearly half a century ago - Nov. 29, 1966 - the 603-foot freighter Daniel J. Morrell sank in Lake Huron, killing 28 of its 29 crew members.
- Ingalls to christen US Coast Guard cutter Munro on Saturday Updated: Nov-11-15 9:40 am
PASCAGOULA, Mississippi - Ingalls Shipbuilding in Pascagoula is preparing to christen its sixth U.S. Coast Guard national security cutter, the Munro.
- Authorities search for man after boat runs aground Updated: Nov-10-15 1:35 pm
CAMBRIDGE, Maryland - Authorities are searching for a missing Easton man after a boat ran aground in the Choptank River.
- AP WAS THERE: 40 years ago, Edmund Fitzgerald sinks Updated: Nov-09-15 8:49 pm
SAULT STE. MARIE, Michigan - EDITOR'S NOTE: The Great Lakes have claimed thousands of ships since European explorers began navigating the waters in the 1600s, but few have captured the public's imagination as has the Edmund Fitzgerald, which sank on Nov. 10, 1975, in Lake Superior.
- Passengers rescued after ferry runs aground off Hatteras Updated: Nov-09-15 6:16 pm
HATTERAS, North Carolina - State transportation officials say 23 passengers were taken off a ferry after it ran aground off Hatteras Island.
- Marker notes often forgotten stop on Lewis and Clark journey Updated: Nov-09-15 3:00 pm
ASTORIA, Oregon - The history of Lewis and Clark is well documented along the Lower Columbia River.
- Coast Guard veteran honored for heroism in Vietnam War Updated: Nov-09-15 2:54 pm
NEW LONDON, Connecticut - Fires were raging and ammunition supplies were exploding during an enemy attack on a Navy base in Vietnam when William Carr ordered his Coast Guard patrol boat ashore to respond to the mayhem on March 10, 1968.