- Teens' 6 days adrift verge on limits for survival at sea Updated: Jul-29-15 8:13 pm
TEQUESTA, Florida - Crews pushed the limits of an ever-expanding search zone Wednesday for two teens missing at sea and potentially nearing the boundaries of human survival.
- Coast Guard says California oil slick will vanish on its own Updated: Jul-29-15 7:56 pm
GOLETA, California - The Coast Guard says a 2-mile-wide oil slick that mysteriously materialized off the Southern California coast is expected to dissipate on its own in the days ahead.
- 2 cruise ship workers injured while docked in Hilo Updated: Jul-29-15 4:24 pm
HILO, Hawaii - Officials say two crewmembers of Norwegian Cruise Line's Pride of America were seriously injured while working aboard the ship when it was docked in the port of Hilo.
- Bodies of father, son located in Brazos River, no foul play Updated: Jul-29-15 2:01 pm
FREEPORT, Texas - The Coast Guard says the bodies of a father and his adult son have been found in the Brazos (BRAZ'-uhs) River after both disappeared while fishing near Freeport.
- The Latest: Coast Guard: Search for missing boaters ongoing Updated: Jul-29-15 1:31 pm
TEQUESTA, Florida - The latest on the search for the two Florida teens who went missing while on a fishing trip off Florida's Atlantic coast:
- Coast Guard rescues injured woman after boat runs aground Updated: Jul-29-15 9:43 am
CHINCOTEAGUE, Virginia - A Coast Guard crew has rescued an injured woman after a pleasure boat ran aground in Tom's Cove at Chincoteague Island.
- Over 600 baby sea turtles get 2nd chance, released in ocean Updated: Jul-28-15 5:16 pm
BOCA RATON, Florida - It was a turtle emancipation.
- Upper Houston Ship Channel reopens after diesel spill Updated: Jul-28-15 12:03 pm
HOUSTON - A stretch of the upper Houston Ship Channel has reopened after about 1,000 gallons of diesel fuel spilled and forced a three-hour closure.
- Coast Guard searches for missing paddle boarder Updated: Jul-28-15 5:55 am
FORT PIERCE, Florida - The U.S. Coast Guard is searching for a man who went missing while paddle boarding off of Florida's Atlantic coast.
- Coast Guard ends Kachemak Bay search after boaters call in Updated: Jul-27-15 6:43 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A boat reported missing in Kachemak Bay is out of danger.
- Coast Guard urges safety after boat hits Chicago breakwall Updated: Jul-27-15 4:53 am
CHICAGO - The U.S. Coast Guard is urging boaters to be mindful of safety after a recreational vessel hit a Chicago breakwall over the weekend.
- Coast Guard will help release sea turtle hatchlings Updated: Jul-27-15 3:05 am
BOCA RATON, Florida - The Coast Guard is going to help over 580 sea turtle hatchlings make their way into the Atlantic Ocean.
- Police ID 2 women killed when boat hits bridge abutment Updated: Jul-26-15 5:08 pm
DUNDALK, Maryland - Police have identified two women who died after a 37-foot boat collided with a concrete abutment that protects the Francis Scott Key Bridge near Baltimore.
- Body found in Detroit River, 3 days after man's disappears Updated: Jul-26-15 2:30 pm
DETROIT - The U.S. Coast Guard says boaters have found a man's body in the Detroit River.
- Body of 1 missing swimmer recovered in Md. Updated: Jul-26-15 12:49 pm
LUSBY, Maryland - Authorities have recovered the body of a swimmer who went missing near Cove Point Light Station in Lusby.
- Rescuers recover body of missing boater in Maryland Updated: Jul-25-15 6:07 pm
SALISBURY, Maryland - Investigators located the body of a boater who was missing after an accident in the Wicomico River near Salisbury.
- Mystery beach blast in Rhode Island blamed on hydrogen gas Updated: Jul-24-15 7:05 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A mysterious blast on a Rhode Island beach likely was caused by the combustion of hydrogen gas that had built up because of a corroded copper cable under the sand, investigators announced Friday.
- Search continues for 2 men who jump from St. Louis bridge Updated: Jul-23-15 8:26 am
EAST ST. LOUIS, Illinois - Authorities and the Coast Guard are looking for two homeless men who witnesses say decided to jump from a Mississippi River bridge at St. Louis in hopes of swimming to the Illinois side.
- Coast Guard: Missing Andrea Doria diver presumed dead Updated: Jul-22-15 11:08 pm
BOSTON - A 64-year-old diver who went missing while diving near the Andrea Doria wreck off the Massachusetts coast is presumed dead and the Coast Guard has suspended its search.
- US seizes sub-like vessel with 8+ tons of cocaine aboard Updated: Jul-22-15 4:07 pm
MIAMI - U.S. authorities have seized a submarine-like vessel loaded with more than eight tons of cocaine off the coast of El Salvador.
- Coast Guard search for missing diver near Andrea Doria wreck Updated: Jul-22-15 3:41 pm
BOSTON - The Coast Guard is searching for a 64-year-old man who didn't return from a dive near the wreck of the Andrea Doria oceanliner about 60 nautical miles southeast of Nantucket.
- Coast Guard: charter boat crew alcohol, drug tests negative Updated: Jul-22-15 1:27 pm
FALMOUTH, Massachusetts - Coast Guard officials say drug and alcohol tests on the crew of a "booze cruise" charter vessel that ran aground last week off Cape Code were negative.
- Coast Guard rescue swimmer rescues 4 near Cape Blanco Updated: Jul-21-15 11:04 pm
CAPE BLANCO, Oregon - A Coast Guard rescue swimmer swam 1,750 yards through 57 degree water to rescue four fishermen near Cape Blanco, Oregon, on Tuesday.
- Barges collide near entrance to Houston Ship Channel Updated: Jul-20-15 11:17 pm
GALVESTON, Texas - The U.S. Coast Guard says officials don't believe any significant amount of a flammable petroleum product was spilled after barges collided near the entrance to the Houston Ship Channel.
- Coast Guard rescues 4 from grounded Wash. boat Updated: Jul-20-15 9:52 pm
SEATTLE - The Coast Guard says one of its helicopters has rescued four people after their 23-foot pleasure boat ran aground near San Juan Island in northwest Washington.