- Champaign among nation's faster-growing cities Updated: May-24-16 10:48 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - The U.S. Census Bureau reports that Champaign is among the nation's faster-growing cities.
- Estimates shows central Indiana communities growing fastest Updated: May-22-16 4:07 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - New census estimates show the Indianapolis metropolitan area includes four of the five fastest-growing counties in Indiana and 10 of the 11 fastest-growing cities and towns with populations of at least 5,000.
- Census ranks Glenpool as fastest growing city in Oklahoma Updated: May-19-16 4:54 pm
GLENPOOL, Oklahoma - The latest figures from the U.S. Census Bureau show that Glenpool was the fastest growing city in Oklahoma last year.
- Minot nearing 50,000 residents and 'metropolitan' status Updated: May-19-16 4:22 pm
MINOT, North Dakota - North Dakota's fourth-largest city is on the verge of "metropolitan" status.
- Bend's population jumps 3.4 percent Updated: May-19-16 1:58 pm
BEND, Oregon - Bend's population jumped about 3.4 percent between 2014 and 2015, making it one of Oregon's fastest growing cities.
- Census shows growth in Columbia, decline in St. Louis Updated: May-19-16 1:15 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - The latest population estimates indicate Columbia has overtaken Independence as Missouri's fourth-largest city.
- US census estimates show stagnant growth in Maine population Updated: May-19-16 1:00 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - New estimates from the U.S. Census Bureau show that the population of Maine has remained stagnant, with some growth in the southern suburbs.
- South Florida, Orlando, Fort Myers lead Florida's growth Updated: May-19-16 11:46 am
ORLANDO, Florida - In the years since Florida's population growth dropped to its lowest level in decades, the state's expansion has rebounded the most in inland communities in South Florida, the suburbs of Orlando and the Fort Myers area, according to figures released Thursday by the U.S. Census Bureau.
- Growing Up: Mount Pleasant 10th-fastest growing place in US Updated: May-19-16 9:07 am
MOUNT PLEASANT, South Carolina - Mount Pleasant in suburban Charleston is now the 10th fastest-growing town in the United States.
- New estimates show Detroit population continued its decline Updated: May-19-16 6:19 am
DETROIT - New U.S. Census Bureau estimates say Detroit's population continued its decline, knocking it off the list of the nation's 20 most populous cities.
- Census: Many counties in Florida have high uninsured rates Updated: May-14-16 1:23 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Nearly half of the counties in Florida have high numbers of uninsured adults according to new estimates released this week by the United States Census Bureau.
- Buncombe County to test new census methods Updated: May-11-16 5:14 am
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - Buncombe County has been selected by the U.S. Census Bureau to test new methods the agency may use to conduct the 2020 Census.
- Kansas officials begin redistricting process for 2022 Updated: May-01-16 12:27 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Six years before it has to be done, state and federal officials are already talking about redistricting of congressional and legislative districts in Kansas.