- Cheney criticizes BLM, EPA during visit to Sheridan Updated: Feb-04-16 1:05 pm
SHERIDAN, Wyoming - Liz Cheney says the two biggest threats facing Wyoming are the overreach of the Bureau of Land Management and the Environmental Protection Agency.
- Congressional lands panel criticizes southwest Utah BLM plan Updated: Jan-22-16 7:08 pm
ST. GEORGE, Utah - Members of a congressional subcommittee said Friday that federal land managers ignored concerns from locals that a southwestern Utah land management proposal will unfairly restrict grazing, water access and transportation.
- Arizona wildlife officials weigh in on burro overpopulation Updated: Jan-22-16 10:48 am
LAKE HAVASU, Arizona - The Arizona Game and Fish Commission has called on the Bureau of Land Management to address the overpopulation of burros in the state.
- Las Vegas land not dirt cheap or selling like it once was Updated: Jan-22-16 2:01 am
LAS VEGAS - Las Vegas once was a hot spot for land speculators, who couldn't get enough desert tracts to develop or flip to other investors.
- Key things to know about federal land grazing in the West Updated: Jan-21-16 5:09 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Two brothers leading an armed group that has taken up residence for nearly three weeks at a national wildlife refuge in eastern Oregon plan to hold a ceremony Saturday for ranchers to renounce federal control of public land and tear up their grazing contracts.
- Court sides with US agency in decades-old land-grazing case Updated: Jan-19-16 6:37 pm
RENO, Nevada - Siding with the government in a decades-old battle over grazing rights, a federal appeals court overturned a lower-court ruling in favor of a Nevada rancher and strongly admonished a judge in Reno for abusing his power and exhibiting personal bias against U.S. land managers.
- Mohave County talks hunting burros to force agency action Updated: Jan-17-16 4:14 pm
LAKE HAVASU CITY, Arizona - Mohave County's burro population is about three times what the Bureau of Land Management recommends, and one official hopes his proposal to hunt them spurs action.
- Fewer camp at Bastendorff, but long-term fix elusive Updated: Jan-16-16 2:02 am
COQUILLE, Oregon - The scene at Bastendorff Beach has improved mightily from where it was months ago.