- Repairs planned for 2 Washington state dam locks Updated: Feb-08-16 12:40 pm
KENNEWICK, Washington - Two dams in Washington state are scheduled for $8 million in navigation lock repairs by the Army Corps of Engineers.
- Big New England electrical transmission project gets boost Updated: Feb-08-16 11:40 am
MONTPELIER, Vermont - A proposal to lay a 1,000-megawatt power line from the Canadian border down Lake Champlain and then across Vermont to Ludlow is taking another big step forward.
- Missouri WWII veteran says he was exposed to mustard gas Updated: Feb-07-16 3:01 pm
ST. LOUIS - In the final days of World War II, an 18-year-old Army private from Missouri named Arla Wayne Harrell was sent to Camp Crowder in the southwest corner of the state, where he said he was twice exposed to mustard gas.
- Corps: Missouri River reservoirs ready for runoff season Updated: Feb-06-16 1:06 pm
YANKTON, South Dakota - The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers says the Missouri River mainstem reservoirs are ready for this year's runoff season.
- Still no reef for Oak Island after delay with Army Corps Updated: Feb-05-16 7:41 am
OAK ISLAND, North Carolina - Officials in Brunswick County have been frustrated in their efforts to help a nonprofit group place an artificial reef off Oak Island.
- Judge orders US agency to pay Yakama Nation for cleanup Updated: Feb-04-16 2:06 pm
YAKIMA, Washington - The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers has been ordered to pay the Yakama Nation for costs related to cleaning up a contaminated island in Washington's Columbia River.
- Maryland loses $1M in oyster restoration funding to Virginia Updated: Feb-04-16 11:13 am
EASTON, Maryland - At least $1 million in federal money earmarked to build new oyster reefs on the Eastern Shore will instead go to Virginia after Maryland officials asked that the project be delayed.
- Senate bill to shift oversight of nuclear waste in landfill Updated: Feb-03-16 12:47 pm
ST. LOUIS - The U.S. Senate has passed a bill that could transfer oversight of a St. Louis County landfill containing nuclear waste to the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and away from the jurisdiction of the Environmental Protection Agency.
- States deal with a variety of issues after historic blizzard Updated: Jan-25-16 3:17 pm
From getting the most snow to treacherous Monday morning commutes, here's a look at how states along the East Coast are digging out from the weekend blizzard.
- Corps begins closing Bonnet Carre spillway Updated: Jan-25-16 2:27 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Crews have begun closing the Bonnet Carre spillway as water levels on the Mississippi River fall.
- Widening delayed, narrow New Jersey beach fears coming storm Updated: Jan-22-16 9:39 am
SURF CITY, New Jersey - This popular vacation spot on New Jersey's Long Beach Island did everything it was told to do by the federal government in order to get its beaches widened.
- Missouri River power generation below average in 2015 Updated: Jan-18-16 9:03 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Electric power generation from Missouri River dams fell below average in 2015, as water was kept in upstream reservoirs to balance levels in the river system, according to the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
- Rend Lake helps alleviate flooding in southern Illinois Updated: Jan-13-16 3:09 pm
REND LAKE, Illinois - The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers says Rend Lake in southern Illinois was crucial to alleviate flooding on the Big Muddy River and Casey Fork River when water levels rose in recent weeks.
- Spat over Lake Erie sediment dumping far from being settled Updated: Jan-12-16 1:58 pm
TOLEDO, Ohio - A long-running battle over dumping sediment dredged from Cleveland's harbor into Lake Erie still doesn't seem settled even after Congress weighed in on the debate.
- Spillway of swollen Mississippi River open near New Orleans Updated: Jan-10-16 7:21 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers opened a major spillway Sunday near New Orleans for the first time in nearly five years, seeking to decrease the vast flow of the swollen Mississippi River as a safeguard to the low-lying city.
- Mississippi River hits crest in Tunica and Helena Updated: Jan-10-16 5:30 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The latest on Mississippi River flooding. (all times local)