- Bodies of 2 found in West Virginia home identified Updated: Nov-30-15 11:30 am
MARLINTON, West Virginia - West Virginia State Police say two bodies found at a home in Marlinton are those of a retired trooper and his wife.
- Divorce attorney with colorful history running for judge Updated: Nov-30-15 10:29 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - A Charleston divorce attorney whose license was once suspended is running for one of Kanawha County's five Family Court judge seats.
- W. Virginia attorney general: Beware of 'Cyber Monday' scams Updated: Nov-30-15 2:00 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - West Virginia's attorney general is urging shoppers to protect themselves against online scams this "Cyber Monday."
- Court: West Virginia judge wrong about self-representation Updated: Nov-29-15 11:47 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - West Virginia's highest court says a judge can't require people who want to act as their own attorney to get approval before filing a civil lawsuit.
- Heat of hunter's fire breaks boulder; it falls, killing him Updated: Nov-24-15 10:53 am
WHARTON, West Virginia - A hunter died when heat from his fire broke apart a massive overhanging boulder, tumbling on the man and nearly killing his neighbor as well, West Virginia State Police said Tuesday.
- State Supreme Court upholds 2012 conviction of man Updated: Nov-23-15 3:37 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - The West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals has upheld the conviction of a man sentenced in a sexual abuse case.
- Patrols upped along Huntington-Charleston stretch of I-64 Updated: Nov-21-15 10:46 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Increased police patrols along Interstate 64 from Huntington to Charleston are aimed at reducing what law enforcement officials call a spike in traffic crashes and unsafe driving.
- W. Virginia attorney general sues 2 Utah-based pharmacies Updated: Nov-20-15 10:39 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - West Virginia's attorney general has filed lawsuits against two pharmacies that he's seeking to block from doing business in the state.
- Court upholds 2009 suspensions of 7 Charles Town jockeys Updated: Nov-19-15 11:06 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - The West Virginia Supreme Court says the state Racing Commission didn't engage in improper rule-making when it suspended the permits of seven jockeys for improper weigh outs before races.
- Former West Virginia trooper faces arson trial Updated: Nov-19-15 3:03 am
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - A former West Virginia state trooper will go on trial Feb. 2 on charges that he arranged to have his mobile home burned down.
- West Virginia State Police plans to carry life-saving drug Updated: Nov-16-15 4:54 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - West Virginia State Police says troopers will begin to carry a life-saving drug that reverses the effects of opioid overdoses
- West Virginia Editorial Roundup Updated: Nov-11-15 4:08 pm
Recent editorials from West Virginia newspapers:
- Attorney general warns of scam targeting nannies Updated: Nov-11-15 3:00 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Attorney General Patrick Morrisey says his office has been made aware of a scam targeting nannies.
- West Virginia Supreme Court dismisses ex-school chief's suit Updated: Nov-10-15 5:01 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - A former West Virginia schools superintendent cannot sue the state Board of Education over its decision to fire her, the state's Supreme Court ruled Tuesday.
- Police say Bluefield High student brought gun to school Updated: Nov-05-15 7:39 am
BLUEFIELD, West Virginia - State police say a Bluefield High School student brought an unloaded handgun to the school.
- Attorney general warns of customer service phone scam Updated: Oct-31-15 1:05 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - West Virginia Attorney General Patrick Morrisey is warning residents about a new scam involving bank card customer service numbers.