- Newborn fawn rescued after mother killed by vehicle on I-77 Updated: Jul-27-15 7:43 am
PRINCETON, West Virginia - A West Virginia State Police trooper says he doesn't know how a newborn fawn survived after its mother was killed on Interstate 77.
- Health secretary announces $133M in substance abuse money Updated: Jul-25-15 6:58 pm
WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, West Virginia - U.S. Department of Health & Human Services Secretary Sylvia Burwell has announced $133 million in additional money for substance abuse treatment.
- Malloy to attend national governors meeting in West Virginia Updated: Jul-23-15 4:09 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut Gov. Dannel P. Malloy is traveling to West Virginia to attend the National Governors Association's 2015 summer meeting.
- Flags lowered in W.Va. in memory of Tennessee victims Updated: Jul-21-15 4:42 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - U.S. and West Virginia flags at all state-owned locations are being lowered in honor of the victims of the Chattanooga shootings.
- Republican attorneys general to gather in W.Va. next month Updated: Jul-18-15 10:13 am
WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, West Virginia - Republican attorneys general from across the county will meet next month at The Greenbrier resort.
- WVa AG surveying county commissions about prayer at meetings Updated: Jul-16-15 5:56 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - West Virginia Attorney General Patrick Morrisey is surveying the state's 55 county commissions about whether they have prayers at their meetings.
- Police: W.Va. corrections worker killed in fight at home Updated: Jul-16-15 3:31 pm
CLAY, West Virginia - The West Virginia State Police say a supervisor at Mount Olive Correctional Facility has been fatally shot in a physical altercation with his cousin at their residence in Clay County.
- Helen Holt, 1st woman to hold W.Va. statewide office, dies Updated: Jul-14-15 9:20 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Helen Holt, the first woman to hold a statewide office in West Virginia, never considered herself as a pioneer.
- State police look for new home for Whitesville detachment Updated: Jul-12-15 2:18 pm
WHITESVILLE, West Virginia - West Virginia State Police are looking for a new home for the Whitesville detachment.
- W.Va. Senate Minority Leader's son pleads in drug case Updated: Jul-09-15 3:08 am
WHEELING, West Virginia - The 25-year-old son of West Virginia Senate Minority Leader Jeff Kessler has pleaded guilty to distributing oxycodone.
- 3 charged in fireworks explosion that injured 2 in W.Va. Updated: Jul-07-15 8:33 am
MORGANTOWN, West Virginia - Three people face misdemeanor charges stemming from a fireworks explosion that injured two men in Monongalia County.
- Murray, Benjamin, Morrisey to speak at local W.Va. GOP event Updated: Jul-06-15 3:08 pm
WHEELING, West Virginia - Coal executive Robert Murray, state Supreme Court Justice Brent Benjamin and Attorney General Patrick Morrisey will speak at an Ohio County Republican event.
- Woman drowns after car gets stuck in high water Updated: Jul-05-15 10:52 am
HARTS, West Virginia - West Virginia State Police say a woman drowned after a car got stuck in high water while trying to cross a creek.
- Man killed after firing crossbow at police in Summers County Updated: Jul-03-15 10:07 am
MEADOW BRIDGE, West Virginia - West Virginia State Police say officers fatally shot a man in Summers County after he fired a crossbow at them.
- W.Va. attorney general settles with Nationwide for $5.75M Updated: Jul-02-15 4:16 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Attorney General Patrick Morrisey has reached a $5.75 million settlement with Nationwide Insurance regarding a discount on certain insurance products for West Virginia Farm Bureau members.
- Beshear golfs with Tiger Woods in West Virginia Updated: Jul-01-15 2:45 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear played golf with Tiger Woods on Wednesday.
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam to headline West Virginia GOP event Updated: Jul-01-15 3:14 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam is slated to headline an event next month for the West Virginia Republican Party.
- About 30 people cited for drag racing in Logan County Updated: Jun-28-15 1:05 pm
LOGAN, West Virginia - West Virginia State Police have cited about 30 people in connection with drag racing in Logan County.