- Suspect arrested in death of ex-coal chief executive Updated: May-24-16 5:57 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - An Ohio man fatally shot a former coal company executive at a cemetery where the businessman's wife is buried and has been arrested on a first-degree murder warrant, a sheriff said Tuesday.
- West Virginia House kills tobacco tax hike, stymieing budget Updated: May-24-16 5:01 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - The West Virginia House of Delegates killed a key tax hike on cigarettes and other tobacco products Tuesday, blowing up negotiations between the GOP-led Legislature and Democratic Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin in a critical budget session.
- Eunice Bellinger named BridgeValley's new president Updated: May-24-16 5:33 am
SOUTH CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Eunice Bellinger has been named the new president of BridgeValley Community and Technical College.
- Morrisey to take applications for medication incinerators Updated: May-23-16 9:58 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - West Virginia Attorney General Patrick Morrisey says law enforcement agencies can soon apply for incinerators for unwanted and expired prescription medication.
- West Virginia anti-tax lawmakers shape talks in dire budget Updated: May-21-16 11:22 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Republican leaders in West Virginia's House of Delegates face a hurdle in a likely tobacco tax vote: 25 of the chamber's 100 lawmakers have signed pledges not to raise taxes under almost all circumstances.
- Police: 2 W.Va. students brought unloaded weapons to school Updated: May-21-16 11:21 am
RAINELLE, West Virginia - Authorities say two elementary school pupils in West Virginia face disciplinary action after they were found to be in possession of dangerous weapons on school grounds.
- Auditor: West Virginia Legislature saves $300K in printing Updated: May-19-16 10:22 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - An auditor says the West Virginia Legislature is saving $300,000 a year by taking care of its printing needs in-house.
- The Latest: House Speaker says tobacco tax vote will happen Updated: May-18-16 5:53 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - The Latest on West Virginia's budget session (all times local):
- West Virginia lawmakers ask governor for more budget options Updated: May-18-16 1:18 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Republican legislative leaders are asking Democratic Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin for more options during the ongoing budget session.
- GOP group buys $500k in attack ads in West Virginia gov race Updated: May-17-16 1:09 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - A Republican group has bought $500,000 in TV attack ads against West Virginia Democratic candidate for governor Jim Justice.
- Greenbrier owner to state: Remove sponsorship of tournament Updated: May-16-16 6:39 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - In disgust over Republican criticism and the West Virginia Legislature's delay in implementing a budget, Democratic nominee for governor Jim Justice has asked lawmakers to remove a $1.75 million state sponsorship of the PGA Tour's Greenbrier Classic.
- 2 teens charged with making threats at West Virginia school Updated: May-16-16 4:49 pm
CLAY, West Virginia - Two West Virginia teenagers have been charged with making violent threats at a middle school, State Police said Monday.
- Cole, Justice square off in hotly contested governor's race Updated: May-11-16 4:03 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - In the year of Donald Trump and all things anti-establishment, two wealthy West Virginia businessmen are competing for one of the most sought-after governorships this election cycle.
- Secretary of State Natalie Tennant wins Democratic primary Updated: May-11-16 12:00 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - A look at some other primary races in West Virginia:
- The Latest: Mark Hunt wins 2nd District Democratic race Updated: May-10-16 11:58 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - The Latest on the primary election in West Virginia, where voters have a full ballot including presidential contests, a Democratic showdown for governor and a winner-take-all state Supreme Court race (all times local):
- GOP-backed Walker ousts incumbent Supreme Court justice Updated: May-10-16 10:36 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Backed by business interests and Republicans, Morgantown attorney Beth Walker has won a seat on the West Virginia Supreme Court.
- Donald Trump, Bernie Sanders win West Virginia primaries Updated: May-10-16 9:44 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Donald Trump has delivered on a promised blowout win in the heart of Appalachian coal country, even drawing symbolic support from West Virginians who can't vote for him until November.
- Anthony L. Jenkins named West Virginia State president Updated: May-10-16 6:32 pm
INSTITUTE, West Virginia - Anthony L. Jenkins has been named the 11th president of West Virginia State University.
- West Virginia voters turn out in heavy numbers for primary Updated: May-10-16 5:45 pm
West Virginians are casting ballots in a primary election with presidential contests, a Democratic showdown for governor and a winner-take-all state Supreme Court race.
- Police investigating after woman, vehicle found in lake Updated: May-10-16 10:55 am
WESTON, West Virginia - Authorities are investigating after a woman's body and her vehicle were found in Stonewall Jackson Lake.
- West Virginia heads to the primary election polls Tuesday Updated: May-10-16 6:39 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - West Virginians are casting ballots in a primary election with presidential contests, a Democratic showdown for governor and a winner-take-all state Supreme Court race.
- Election guide: West Virginia heads to the primary polls Updated: May-09-16 1:05 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - West Virginians are heading to the polls for a packed primary election with presidential contests, a Democratic showdown for governor and a crowded winner-take-all state Supreme Court race.
- Man charged with attacking West Virginia Senate candidate Updated: May-09-16 9:11 am
LOGAN, West Virginia - West Virginia State Police say they've charged a man with attacking a state Senate candidate at a political cookout.
- West Virginia State Police search for 2 escaped inmates Updated: May-08-16 4:14 pm
BECKLEY, West Virginia - West Virginia State Police are searching for two inmates who escaped from the Beckley Correctional Center.
- Nonpartisan West Virginia court race sees partisan ads spike Updated: May-08-16 10:23 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - West Virginia Supreme Court candidates are running without political party labels for the first time, but the change hasn't slowed a party committee's millions of dollars in outside spending and partisan jabs by other groups.