- State police blast Cranston mayor for interference Updated: Aug-03-15 8:29 pm
CRANSTON, Rhode Island - A scathing report by state police accuses the mayor of Cranston of interfering with the city's police department amid his run for governor last year by publicly supporting disciplinary action against a city police captain, then working behind the scenes to reduce the discipline and delay announcing it until after the election.
- Rhode Island officials to crack down on impaired boating Updated: Jul-31-15 1:45 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island law enforcement agencies say they are cracking down on impaired boating.
- Rhode Island lawmakers award $10K grants for new roof Updated: Jul-27-15 7:18 am
CRANSTON, Rhode Island - An old building in Cranston used by a Veterans of Foreign Wars post is getting financial help from two Rhode Island lawmakers to help pay for a new roof.
- Governor orders security review for National Guard centers Updated: Jul-21-15 5:06 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Gov. Gina Raimondo says she has asked for a review of the safety and security procedures at Rhode Island National Guard centers.
- Cranston bridge reopens; closure prompted call for probe Updated: Jul-21-15 4:19 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A bridge in Cranston reopened to traffic on Tuesday, a month after its closure prompted a call for an investigation by the House speaker.
- Governor addresses shakeup at RI transportation department Updated: Jul-21-15 3:53 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Gov. Gina Raimondo says the Rhode Island Department of Transportation director has determined the agency needs a new team.
- Head of State Police allowed to keep gifts from alma mater Updated: Jul-21-15 12:17 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The head of the Rhode Island State Police can keep the cuff links, plaque and desk clock he received as gifts from his alma mater.
- Attorney general releases PSA on dangers of drunken driving Updated: Jul-18-15 4:26 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island's attorney general has released a public service announcement on the dangers of drunken driving.
- AG looking into RI restaurant after hundreds of complaints Updated: Jul-16-15 10:20 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Attorney General's office is looking into about 500 complaints lodged against a closed Rhode Island restaurant.
- RI governor says no malicious activity led to beach blast Updated: Jul-14-15 5:13 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Authorities continue to investigate the cause of a mysterious blast that knocked a Rhode Island beachgoer out of her chair, but the governor said Tuesday that they had ruled out any unlawful or malicious activity.
- Motorcycle hits unmarked Rhode Island state trooper car Updated: Jul-13-15 3:43 am
EAST GREENWICH, Rhode Island - Authorities say a motorcycle carrying two people crashed into the back of an unmarked Rhode Island State Trooper car.
- RI State police: Driver arrested going wrong way on I-95 Updated: Jul-12-15 3:56 pm
WARWICK, Rhode Island - State police say a Rhode Island man has been arrested on drunken and reckless driving charges after he drove the wrong way on Interstate 95.
- Raimondo nominates NY official for RI education commissioner Updated: Jul-08-15 11:43 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Gov. Gina Raimondo has chosen a new leader for the state's Education Department.
- Ex-Rhode Island House speaker to report to prison Updated: Jul-06-15 4:31 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Former Rhode Island House Speaker Gordon Fox is reporting to prison to serve three years for corruption.
- Should Rhode Island's legislature change? Lawmakers weigh in Updated: Jul-06-15 12:21 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - When former House Speaker Gordon Fox was sentenced for corruption, his lawyer spoke about how difficult it was for him to maintain a career as a public servant in the state's part-time legislature and as a solo law practitioner.
- Several state lawmakers turn down automatic pay raise Updated: Jul-06-15 11:29 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Several Rhode Island lawmakers have turned down an automatic raise that kicked in at the beginning of the month.
- Rhode Island awarded Department of Labor grants Updated: Jul-05-15 9:32 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island has been awarded two federal grants that officials say will help connect job seekers with employers.