- Rangers lose again in 9th; Yankees win 2-1 on passed ball Updated: Jun-30-16 6:38 pm
NEW YORK - Robinson Chirinos knew which pitch was coming and where it was headed.
- Headley scores on passed ball in 9th, Yankees beat Texas 2-1 Updated: Jun-30-16 6:31 pm
NEW YORK - The Yankees' four-game set against the AL-leading Rangers started Monday with what Chase Headley called maybe the toughest loss of his career.
- With Beltran injured, Girardi sounding more concerned Updated: Jun-29-16 6:44 pm
NEW YORK - With the Yankees a season-high nine games back in the AL East and Carlos Beltran out of the starting lineup because of a leg injury, New York manager Joe Girardi sounds more concerned about a slow start that has turned into a half season of struggles.
- Darvish throws simulated game, could return after break Updated: Jun-29-16 6:16 pm
NEW YORK - Yu Darvish threw 46 pitches in a simulated game Wednesday and could return to the Texas Rangers' rotation shortly after the All-Star break.
- Beltran hurt, CC fades in 8th as Yankees drop 3rd straight Updated: Jun-29-16 12:34 am
NEW YORK - Minus slugger Carlos Beltran most of the night, the inconsistent Yankees never posed much of a threat at the plate.
- Rangers-Yankees game delayed in 9th by rain, teams wait Updated: Jun-28-16 2:38 am
NEW YORK - A rain delay in the ninth inning at Yankee Stadium kept Texas and New York waiting past 2 a.m. before the game resumed.
- Perez, Rangers take another series with 6-2 win over Red Sox Updated: Jun-26-16 8:10 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - Martin Perez won his sixth straight decision and helped the surging Texas Rangers to yet another series victory.
- Rangers reinstate Griffin to start vs Red Sox; Lewis to DL Updated: Jun-25-16 5:34 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - Right-hander A.J. Griffin has been reinstated from the 15-day disabled list by the Texas Rangers to start Saturday night's game against Boston.
- Rangers put Holland on DL, and Lewis won't throw for 4 weeks Updated: Jun-23-16 12:20 am
Struggling left-hander Derek Holland joined Yu Darvish on the disabled list Wednesday before the Texas Rangers said yet another starter, Colby Lewis, was headed there as well.
- Straily's struggles costs Reds in 6-4 loss at Texas Updated: Jun-23-16 12:19 am
- Hamels Ks 8 in 8th win for Rangers, 6-4 for split with Reds Updated: Jun-22-16 11:59 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - Cole Hamels won again for the Texas Rangers on the same day they wrapped up a stretch of 20 games in 20 days and found out two of their other starting pitchers are going on the disabled list.
- Lewis leaves early, streaks end as Rangers fall to Reds 8-2 Updated: Jun-22-16 12:21 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - Colby Lewis felt cramping in his right arm while allowing three of the first four hitters to reach base capped by a home run in the first inning of his first start since flirting with a perfect game.
- Rangers' Lewis leaves start with cramp in right arm Updated: Jun-21-16 10:06 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - Texas Rangers starter Colby Lewis left his start against Cincinnati after five innings Tuesday night because of a cramping in his right arm.
- Retired Texas Ranger, actor Joaquin Jackson dies in Texas Updated: Jun-21-16 10:16 am
ALPINE, Texas - Joaquin Jackson, a retired Texas Ranger who became an author and actor, has died at his West Texas home.
- Rangers win 7th in a row, 4-3 over Orioles in makeup game Updated: Jun-21-16 12:56 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - The Texas Rangers keep winning by the slimmest possible margin.
- Orioles lose 4-3 in 1-game trip to Texas for makeup game Updated: Jun-21-16 12:52 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - The Baltimore Orioles made a long trip for one game, and kept getting runners on base.
- Lefty reliever Cotts signs Triple-A deal with Rangers Updated: Jun-20-16 6:51 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - Left-handed reliever Neal Cotts has signed a Triple-A contract with the Texas Rangers.
- Rangers rally to beat Cardinals 5-4 Updated: Jun-19-16 6:48 pm
ST. LOUIS - Sitting on the bench, Jurickson Profar knew he might be called on to hit for the Texas Rangers.
- Colby Lewis loses no-hit bid in 9th, Rangers beat A's Updated: Jun-16-16 7:31 pm
OAKLAND, California - When the ball left Max Muncy's bat leading off the ninth inning, Colby Lewis thought it was another fly that would move him one out closer to a no-hitter.
- Lewis loses no-hit bid vs A's on leadoff double in 9th Updated: Jun-16-16 6:13 pm
OAKLAND, California - Colby Lewis of the Texas Rangers lost his no-hit bid against Oakland on a leadoff double in the ninth inning that glanced off the glove of rookie right fielder Nomar Mazara.
- Davis joins Yanks in Colorado; Girardi says he'll see action Updated: Jun-14-16 7:30 pm
DENVER - Ike Davis is feeling healthy again and ready to resume his career with the New York Yankees.
- Rangers come to terms with top 3 draft picks, 12 of top 14 Updated: Jun-14-16 6:23 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - The Texas Rangers have come to terms with their top three draft picks, including first-rounder Cole Ragans out of Florida.
- Darvish placed on DL by Rangers after 3 post-surgery starts Updated: Jun-13-16 10:56 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - Yu Darvish was placed on the 15-day disabled list Monday with shoulder discomfort, but two MRIs showed no structural issues for the Texas Rangers pitcher who has made only three starts since returning from major elbow surgery.
- Draymond Green expects to watch Game 5 next door in Coliseum Updated: Jun-13-16 10:44 pm
- Hamels reaches 2,000 Ks as Rangers beat Seattle Updated: Jun-12-16 8:57 pm
SEATTLE - Cole Hamels appreciated making a little bit of history on Sunday. He was even happier getting a big win to increase the Texas Rangers' division lead.