- Darvish in line Saturday for 1st Rangers start since surgery Updated: May-24-16 1:31 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - Yu Darvish is in line to make his first start Saturday for the Texas Rangers in nearly 22 months, and since having Tommy John surgery.
- Rangers encouraged by Holland's outing in 2-0 loss to Angels Updated: May-24-16 1:06 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - Derek Holland was encouraged after one of his best outings of the season. The Rangers were even happier that they'll get their former ace, Yu Darvish, on the mound Saturday.
- Pujols hits 569th homer, Angels beat Rangers 2-0 Updated: May-24-16 12:45 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - Albert Pujols isn't reflecting yet. He and the Angels have too much work to do.
- Josh Hamilton will miss all season with another knee surgery Updated: May-23-16 7:34 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - Josh Hamilton will have another surgery on his left knee and not play a game this season for the Texas Rangers.
- Rangers put OF Choo back on DL after only 1 game in return Updated: May-23-16 4:47 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - Shin-Soo Choo is back on the disabled list after the right fielder played only one game in his return to the Texas Rangers.
- Ejections aplenty for Blue Jays lately Updated: May-23-16 2:14 am
There's rarely a dull moment for the Toronto Blue Jays these days.
- Darvish seems ready for return to Rangers after strong rehab Updated: May-22-16 9:24 pm
FRISCO, Texas - Yu Darvish appears ready to rejoin the Texas Rangers rotation for the first time since Tommy John surgery 14 months ago.
- Odor to have appeal hearing for 8-game suspension Tuesday Updated: May-22-16 6:48 pm
HOUSTON - Texas second baseman Rougned Odor's hearing to appeal an eight-game suspension for punching Toronto's Joey Bautista will be on Tuesday.
- Keuchel undone by big 3rd inning as Rangers beat Astros 9-2 Updated: May-22-16 6:46 pm
HOUSTON - Dallas Keuchel knows Sunday's game could have turned out a lot differently if only he could have put the Texas Rangers away after getting the first two outs in the third inning.
- Hamels fans 11, Rangers down Keuchel, Astros 9-2 for sweep Updated: May-22-16 6:30 pm
HOUSTON - Cole Hamels certainly is proud of the longest winning streak in his career.
- Out of the heat: Rangers plan $1B retractable-roof stadium Updated: May-20-16 5:26 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - The Texas Rangers could be playing in a new $1 billion retractable-roof stadium by 2021 and would remain in Arlington until at least 2054 under plans revealed Friday by the team and the city.
- AP-TX--Texas News Digest 1 pm, TX Updated: May-20-16 2:15 pm
Good afternoon! Here's a look at AP's general news coverage in Texas at this hour. Questions about coverage plans are welcome and should be directed to the AP Dallas bureau at 972-991-2100, or, in Texas, 800-442-7189. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Diana Heidgerd is on the desk.
- Rangers clear roster spot for Choo, send Faulkner to minors Updated: May-19-16 5:28 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - The Texas Rangers have optioned left-handed reliever Andrew Faulkner to Triple-A Round Rock, opening up a roster spot for the likely return of outfielder Shin-Soo Choo from the disabled list.
- Khris Davis smacks another homer and A's sweep Rangers 8-1 Updated: May-18-16 7:35 pm
OAKLAND, California - Khris Davis and Danny Valencia have combined to hit 15 home runs this month and the Oakland Athletics are suddenly on a nice run after stumbling to open May.
- Tolleson replaced by Dyson as Rangers closer Updated: May-18-16 3:47 pm
OAKLAND, California - Shawn Tolleson will not be closing games for Texas for a while, Rangers manager Jeff Banister revealed before Wednesday's series finale with the Oakland Athletics. He will be replaced by Sam Dyson.
- Odor suspended for 8 games and Bautista for 1 for brawl Updated: May-17-16 11:51 pm
TORONTO - Texas second baseman Rougned Odor was suspended for eight games and fined $5,000 by Major League Baseball on Tuesday for punching Toronto's Jose Bautista on the jaw.
- Odor's minor league team introduces drink with punch to it Updated: May-17-16 9:44 pm
FRISCO, Texas - Rougned Odor's former minor league team has introduced an alcoholic energy drink it says delivers a punch.
- Hahn, Muncy recalled; Surkamp optioned, Phegley to DL Updated: May-17-16 6:18 pm
- Torre: Discipline 'obviously' coming for Sunday's brawl Updated: May-17-16 2:21 am
- Odor expects to be suspended for a couple of games Updated: May-17-16 2:17 am
OAKLAND, California - Rangers infielder Rougned Odor said he expected to be suspended for punching Toronto's Jose Batista during Sunday's game in Arlington. Odor said he doesn't regret it.
- Blue Jays upset with timing of Rangers' retaliation Updated: May-16-16 7:10 pm
TORONTO - Blue Jays outfielder Jose Bautista is in the lineup for Monday's game against the Rays, one day after being punched in the jaw by Rangers infielder Rougned Odor during a brawl in Texas.
- MLB players police unwritten rules for acceptable conduct Updated: May-16-16 6:51 pm
NEW YORK - Hall of Famer Joe Morgan knows that for more than a century, baseball players have policed themselves.
- Bautista, Jays fall to Rangers as simmering feud boils over Updated: May-15-16 9:56 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - Jose Bautista slid hard into second base, stood up and found himself face-to-face with Texas' Rougned Odor.
- Simmering Toronto-Texas feud erupts in Rangers' 7-6 win Updated: May-15-16 9:54 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - Rougned Odor's powerful punch to Jose Bautista's jaw will be remembered for a long time.
- Rangers sign RHP Lohse to minor league contract Updated: May-14-16 8:51 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - The Texas Rangers have signed right-hander Kyle Lohse to a minor league contract.