- Ohio Republicans meeting for reorganization, convention Updated: Apr-29-16 12:20 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio Republicans are gathering in the Columbus area for a state party organizational session and a meeting of their delegation to this summer's national convention in Cleveland.
- Kasich, Cruz to get some delegates despite Trump landslide Updated: Apr-28-16 10:29 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island gave GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump his biggest majority of any state primary this year, but it's awarding a consolation prize that's a significant gain for Ohio Gov. John Kasich.
- Big Bush and Rubio donors shun Cruz and Kasich, Updated: Apr-28-16 12:25 pm
WASHINGTON - It seems like a logical pairing: Republican donors who despise Donald Trump, and two GOP presidential rivals sticking it out to keep him from the nomination.
- Ohio's Strickland lays out security plank in US Senate race Updated: Apr-28-16 11:26 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Democratic U.S. Senate candidate Ted Strickland is supporting increased "aggressive" air attacks and drone strikes, targeted U.S. special forces operations and improved intelligence coordination as part of an enhanced campaign to defeat the Islamic State group.
- Ohio Medicaid gets $25M from Pfizer drug discount settlement Updated: Apr-28-16 8:39 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The state attorney general says Ohio's Medicaid program will get nearly $25 million from drugmaker Pfizer Inc.'s payments to resolve allegations that one of its companies didn't give Medicaid the same discounts it provided to private buyers of a heartburn treatment.
- Ohio passes 3-day break from state sales tax this summer Updated: Apr-27-16 3:15 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Shoppers in Ohio would get a three-day break from the state's sales tax this summer under a bill being sent to the governor's desk.
- Ohio bill aimed at quickly resolving public records disputes Updated: Apr-27-16 12:49 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The leader of the Ohio Senate is introducing a bill that he says would resolve public records disputes faster and cut down on expensive court battles.
- The Latest: Cruz shoots an airball at 'basketball ring' Updated: Apr-27-16 12:15 am
WASHINGTON - The Latest on campaign 2016 as voters head to the polls in Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Delaware and Maryland (all times Eastern):
- The Latest: Trump, Clinton win Delaware primaries Updated: Apr-26-16 8:44 pm
DOVER, Delaware - The Latest on Delaware's primary election (all times local):
- Ohio bill would restore rare coins sales tax exemption Updated: Apr-26-16 11:50 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A legislative committee is continuing to consider a bill that would restore a sales tax exemption for residents purchasing rare coins and precious metal bullion.
- What's the deal? Voters cheer, jeer, shrug off GOP pact Updated: Apr-26-16 3:22 am
FRANKLIN, Indiana - Kathy Hiel said she hadn't made up her mind to vote for Donald Trump - until the billionaire businessman's two Republican White House rivals formed an extraordinary political non-aggression pact to stop him.
- Ohio Senate weighs shielding violence victims' address info Updated: Apr-26-16 12:45 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Ohio Senate is continuing debate of legislation that would shield the addresses of victims of domestic violence, stalking and other crimes from use by government agencies.
- Ohio lawmakers seek $400K for faith-based anti-heroin effort Updated: Apr-25-16 11:47 am
HAMILTON, Ohio - Ohio legislators are seeking $400,000 to help expand a faith-based anti-heroin effort in a hard-hit southwest Ohio community.
- Kasich campaign to give Cruz 'clear path' in Indiana Updated: Apr-25-16 2:18 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Ohio Gov. John Kasich is backing out of campaigning in Indiana ahead of the state's primary next week as part of a collaborative strategy with Texas Sen. Ted Cruz to deprive Donald Trump the delegates needed to win the Republican nomination.
- Latest: Kasich campaign to give Cruz 'clear path' in Indiana Updated: Apr-25-16 12:33 am
INDIANAPOLIS - The Latest on the campaigning in Indiana ahead of the state's May 3 primary election (all times local):
- Ohio bill seeks to punish cyberstalkers, protect victims Updated: Apr-24-16 9:56 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Victims of cyberstalking and other forms of online harassment will now have some protections under a bill headed to the Ohio governor's desk.
- Rise in crashes linked to higher speed limits on Ohio roads Updated: Apr-23-16 12:13 pm
HAMILTON, Ohio - Injury and property crashes have increased with the raising of speed limits on the state's rural interstate highways, according to the Ohio Highway Patrol.
- Ohio governor: Primary voters have 2nd thoughts about Trump Updated: Apr-22-16 8:53 pm
GLASTONBURY, Connecticut - Ohio Gov. John Kasich told Connecticut residents on Friday he's seeing signs some Republican presidential primary voters in states that already voted may have second thoughts about supporting front-runner Donald Trump and now want him to be to the party's nominee instead.
- Ohio Supreme Court approves AEP's 2012 fee pricing structure Updated: Apr-21-16 2:28 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Ohio Supreme Court on Thursday upheld a pricing structure for fees that competitors must pay to American Electric Power as the utility transitions to a competitive market.
- Ohio attorney general to investigate alleged price fixing Updated: Apr-21-16 12:32 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio's attorney general say his office is looking into alleged bid-rigging involving sales of a chemical used to treat water.
- $2.6B construction budget clears Ohio Senate, heads to House Updated: Apr-20-16 2:42 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - State senators have passed a $2.6 billion capital budget bill that funds improvements to school buildings, roads, bridges and parks.
- Court upholds death sentences for 2 condemned Ohio killers Updated: Apr-20-16 11:53 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Ohio Supreme Court has upheld the death sentences for two condemned killers in cases out of Toledo and suburban Cleveland.
- Ohio Supreme Court considers debate over inmate's case file Updated: Apr-20-16 10:44 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Ohio Supreme Court is deciding whether police departments can shield the complete files of a long-closed criminal case until all chance of appeals are exhausted, usually because the defendant is dead.
- The Latest: Court considers debate over inmate's case file Updated: Apr-20-16 10:05 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Latest on the Ohio Supreme Court weighing whether to allow the release of investigative files after a defendant is convicted (all times local):
- Ohio Supreme Court examines issue of rape DNA testing delay Updated: Apr-20-16 9:47 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Ohio Supreme Court is considering a request by prosecutors and advocates for rape victims to reinstate charges against a Cleveland man accused of attacking a woman in 1993.