- LeBron, Cavs confident, healthy as they return to NBA Finals Updated: May-28-16 4:06 am
TORONTO - LeBron James isn't just going back to the NBA Finals. He's returning with a team that's healthy and whole, which makes this trip unlike last year.
- Curry scores 31, defending champion Warriors reach Game 6 Updated: May-27-16 8:51 am
OAKLAND, California - "We ain't going home! We're not going home!" Stephen Curry screamed at the top of his lungs.
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James named first-team All-NBA Updated: May-26-16 5:48 pm
NEW YORK - Stephen Curry has knocked down another honor.
- Warriors could join list of teams that flopped in playoffs Updated: May-25-16 4:28 pm
Despite finishing the regular season with a record-breaking 73 wins, the Golden State Warriors find themselves one game away from playoff elimination. Down 3-1 against the Oklahoma City Thunder in the Western Conference finals after a 118-94 road loss Tuesday night, the defending NBA champions will have to win three straight games to advance. Golden State would join a list of dominant regular season teams that were eliminated without reaching the finals. Teams like the undefeated 2007 Patriots, who lost after advancing to the Super Bowl, were not included.
- Warriors facing long odds down 3-1, but it has been done Updated: May-25-16 8:05 am
MIAMI - Here's good news for Golden State: It's not over.
- Westbrook, Thunder put Warriors on brink of elimination Updated: May-25-16 7:27 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - Suddenly, these Golden State Warriors who have been compared all season to the Chicago Bulls dynasty of the 1990s are on the brink of elimination.
- Ex-NBA player Kermit Washington arrested in Los Angeles Updated: May-24-16 7:08 pm
LOS ANGELES - Kermit Washington, a former NBA player who notoriously gave a bone-breaking face punch to the Houston Rockets' Rudy Tomjanovich during a 1977 Lakers game, has been arrested by federal agents.
- ON BASKETBALL: Green's history may have helped him Updated: May-24-16 1:51 pm
MIAMI - Draymond Green has a history, and in this case it seems to have been helpful.
- Draymond Green fined $25,000, not suspended for groin kick Updated: May-23-16 8:01 pm
NEW YORK - Draymond Green was fined $25,000 but not suspended by the NBA on Monday for kicking Oklahoma City center Steven Adams in the groin.
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching Updated: May-21-16 3:47 am
OAKLAND, California - Billy Donovan is trying to accomplish the improbable and lead the Oklahoma City Thunder to a championship as a first-year NBA coach, just as Steve Kerr did guiding Golden State to its first title in 40 years last June in his rookie season running the Warriors.
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron Updated: May-20-16 6:26 pm
This is our Magic vs. Bird.
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court Updated: May-20-16 5:39 pm
OAKLAND, California - A black sleeve protecting his sore right elbow, MVP Stephen Curry insists he's fine after yet another postseason injury.
- Gary Payton unimpressed by Stephen Curry's unanimous MVP Updated: May-20-16 7:12 am
NEW YORK - Consider Gary Payton unimpressed by Golden State guard Stephen Curry becoming the first unanimous MVP in NBA history.
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason Updated: May-19-16 7:02 pm
OAKLAND, California - A far cry from his brash, former basketball-playing father, Klay Thompson is perfectly content to be the soft-spoken, second superstar behind MVP Stephen Curry. He is more than happy to let Draymond Green do the arguing, arm flexing and trash talking.
- AP Source: Knicks working to hire Jeff Hornacek as coach Updated: May-18-16 9:53 pm
NEW YORK - The New York Knicks want Jeff Hornacek as their next coach.
- Cavs 9-0 in these playoffs, and joining rarefied NBA air Updated: May-18-16 2:10 am
Starting a postseason 9-0 does not guarantee a championship.
- TNT sees big ratings for Oklahoma City-Golden State opener Updated: May-17-16 10:29 pm
ATLANTA - The Western Conference finals opener between Oklahoma City and Golden State was TNT's highest-rated conference finals Game 1 since 2011.
- 76ers win NBA draft lottery, Lakers stay at No. 2, keep pick Updated: May-17-16 10:26 pm
NEW YORK - The Philadelphia 76ers have lost big for three years, when they appeared to value draft picks more than players.
- Warriors take little solace in NBA acknowledging blown call Updated: May-17-16 7:16 pm
OAKLAND, California - The fact that the NBA acknowledged missing a late travel call on Oklahoma City's Russell Westbrook did little to appease Golden State coach Steve Kerr a day later.
- Thunder's Steven Adams apologizes for 'monkeys' comment Updated: May-17-16 5:37 pm
OAKLAND, California - Oklahoma City center Steven Adams understands that he has to live with the fallout of using a derogatory term to describe Golden State's guards.
- Plenty of star power remains at point guard in NBA playoffs Updated: May-17-16 2:12 am
MIAMI - LeBron James is fond of saying that today's NBA is driven by point guards.
- Jim McMillian, forward on '72 Lakers title team, dead at 68 Updated: May-16-16 8:41 pm
LOS ANGELES - Jim McMillian, who helped the Los Angeles Lakers to a 33-game winning streak and the 1972 NBA championship as a second-year pro playing with Wilt Chamberlain and Jerry West, died Monday. He was 68.
- Draymond Green committed to cutting down his technicals Updated: May-14-16 6:24 pm
OAKLAND, California - Stunningly, Draymond Green kept his mouth shut on the court for a full practice Saturday.
- Warriors rest up and gear up to face Thunder in West finals Updated: May-13-16 9:21 pm
OAKLAND, California - Stephen Curry surprised coach Steve Kerr with how quickly he found his groove the past two games after returning from a right knee injury, even with a few more misses than usual for the MVP.
- At LA arena, Dylan rocked, Nixon talked, Clippers flopped Updated: May-12-16 8:34 pm
LOS ANGELES - The dump will jump no more.