- Warriors whip Portland at home in opener of West semifinals Updated: May-01-16 10:16 pm
OAKLAND, California - From the opening tip, Klay Thompson shot lights-out and even heaved one in from way out in Stephen Curry territory. Draymond Green began yapping from the start while doing his thing to make plays every which way, calling on his teammates to bring an edge on defense.
- Blazers' Henderson, Warriors' Varejao ejected for 2 techs Updated: May-01-16 5:41 pm
- Stephen Curry resumes light shooting on injured right knee Updated: May-01-16 5:13 pm
OAKLAND, California - Stephen Curry has resumed light shooting without movement on his injured right knee with the hopes he can get into scrimmages by later next week, perhaps in time to be ready for Game 3 of the Golden State Warriors' Western Conference semifinals at Portland.
- Walton has unfinished work with Warriors before Lakers job Updated: Apr-30-16 6:36 pm
OAKLAND, California - Luke Walton was in no rush to leave his job as an assistant coach with the Golden State Warriors.
- Battered and bloodied Clippers exit playoffs early again Updated: Apr-30-16 5:19 pm
LOS ANGELES - The battered and bloodied Los Angeles Clippers fought to the end only to exit the playoffs early once again.
- Blazers have proven the doubters wrong into the 2nd round Updated: Apr-30-16 3:31 am
- Blazers advance 4-2 with 106-103 victory over the Clippers Updated: Apr-30-16 3:01 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Even as they huddled after the victory that sent them through to the next round, the Portland Trail Blazers were drawing inspiration from the doubters.
- Austin Rivers' face is bloodied in game against Blazers Updated: Apr-30-16 12:13 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Los Angeles guard Austin Rivers left the Clippers' first-round playoff game against the Portland Trail Blazers on Friday night with a bloody cut above his left eye that required 11 stitches.
- Rockets must find coach in wake of first-round ouster Updated: Apr-29-16 7:32 pm
HOUSTON - The Houston Rockets' season got off to a disappointing start.
- Drug dealers use 'Steph Curry' likeness to market heroin Updated: Apr-29-16 5:28 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Philadelphia drug dealers looking to market their heroin as top of the line are stamping packets with the likeness of Golden State Warriors superstar Steph Curry.
- Kings hire Catanella as assistant general manager Updated: Apr-28-16 7:13 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - The Sacramento Kings have hired Ken Catanella as assistant general manager.
- Livingston enjoying the moment filling in for injured Curry Updated: Apr-28-16 7:09 pm
OAKLAND, California - Shaun Livingston's left leg could have been amputated nine years ago.
- NBA's Shaun Livingston donates $1 million to Illinois school Updated: Apr-28-16 6:51 am
PEORIA, Illinois - A central Illinois school has received a big fundraising boost from former student and professional basketball player Shaun Livingston.
- Warriors roll into second round of playoffs without Curry Updated: Apr-28-16 2:21 am
OAKLAND, California - Klay Thompson knew Golden State had to come together, that every player needed to raise his game with Stephen Curry sidelined.
- Trail Blazers beat emotional Clippers 108-98, take 3-2 lead Updated: Apr-28-16 2:06 am
LOS ANGELES - Damian Lillard finally made his first field goal early in third quarter, and the Portland Trail Blazers knew the game was about to change.
- Warriors grant Lakers permission to interview Luke Walton Updated: Apr-27-16 9:52 pm
OAKLAND, California - The Los Angeles Lakers received permission from the Warriors to interview top assistant Luke Walton for their coaching vacancy.
- Nets' Ellington wins J. Walter Kennedy Citizenship Award Updated: Apr-27-16 8:13 pm
NEW YORK - Brooklyn Nets guard Wayne Ellington has won the J. Walter Kennedy Citizenship Award for outstanding service and dedication to the community.
- Warriors are confident in their depth even without Curry Updated: Apr-26-16 8:21 pm
OAKLAND, California - Draymond Green is going to tell it like it is, and he insists these Golden State Warriors have few issues when it comes to confidence.
- Golden State's Steve Kerr wins Coach of the Year Updated: Apr-26-16 7:35 pm
OAKLAND, California - As Steve Kerr tried to cope with the headaches, nausea, pain and other concerning symptoms, there were times he wondered whether he would even come back to coach the Golden State Warriors this season, whether he even should return to the bench if not 100 percent healthy.
- Griffin out for rest of playoffs, Paul has hand surgery Updated: Apr-26-16 6:50 pm
LOS ANGELES - Blake Griffin is out for the rest of the playoffs after aggravating his left quadriceps tendon and Chris Paul had right hand surgery Tuesday, leaving the stunned Los Angeles Clippers without their top two players for the remainder of their first-round series against Portland.
- Warriors-Rockets Game 4: most 1st-round viewers since '02 Updated: Apr-26-16 2:40 pm
NEW YORK - Game 4 of the Warriors-Rockets series drew the largest television audience for the first round of the NBA playoffs in 14 years.
- Paul leaves Game 4 with broken bone in right hand Updated: Apr-26-16 3:15 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Chris Paul broke a bone in his right hand midway through the third quarter and left the Clippers' Game 4 loss to the Portland Trail Blazers on Monday night.
- Lakers GM Kupchak hopes his coaching search isn't lengthy Updated: Apr-25-16 9:14 pm
EL SEGUNDO, California - Los Angeles Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak doesn't think his search for a new coach will take a long time.
- Raptors' Dwane Casey wins PBWA's Rudy Tomjanovich Award Updated: Apr-25-16 8:23 pm
NEW YORK - Toronto's Dwane Casey has won the Rudy Tomjanovich Award, given by the Professional Basketball Writers Association to an NBA coach who combines cooperation with the media and fans with excellence on the court.
- Byron Scott won't return to coach Lakers next season Updated: Apr-25-16 12:37 am
LOS ANGELES - Byron Scott will not return to coach the Los Angeles Lakers next season, the team announced late Sunday night.