- Former Texas Tech player arrested on felony burglary charge Updated: May-27-16 5:57 pm
LUBBOCK, Texas - Jail records show one of three Texas Tech football players kicked off the team earlier this month has been charged with felony burglary.
- Uncertainty leaves Baylor in danger of return to bad ol'days Updated: May-27-16 4:09 pm
Enveloped by uncertainty, Baylor football is facing the possibility of a lost season, NCAA sanctions and the program slipping back toward the losing ways that predated Art Briles' tenure as coach.
- Baylor looks to rebuild after report on sex assaults Updated: May-27-16 8:35 am
AUSTIN, Texas - Baylor University will look to rebuild its reputation and perhaps its football program after an outside review found administrators mishandled allegations of sexual assault and the team operated under the perception it was above the rules.
- News Guide: Review finds Baylor disregarded sexual assault Updated: May-27-16 2:23 am
DALLAS - After months of silence, Baylor University responded to mounting criticism of its handling of accusations of sexual assaults and other attacks by football players by demoting its president, Ken Starr, and firing its football coach, Art Briles.
- Briles' daughter calls Baylor case a 'media witch hunt' Updated: May-26-16 7:33 pm
The daughter of outgoing Baylor football coach Art Briles called the circumstances that led to his ouster a "media witch hunt" and wrote that her father is a "man of incredible character" in a Facebook post.
- The Latest: US says it's aware of Baylor announcement Updated: May-26-16 7:29 pm
WACO, Texas - The Latest on Baylor University's demotion of its president and firing of its football coach amid criticism of the school's handling of sexual assault complaints involving players (all times local):
- Column: Baylor should pull plug on its athletic program Updated: May-26-16 5:37 pm
More than a decade ago, Baylor was at the center of a sordid scandal involving murder and drugs, leading to some of the harshest penalties the NCAA has ever doled out.
- Graduate transfer QB Davis Webb enrolls at California Updated: May-25-16 4:42 pm
BERKELEY, California - Graduate transfer quarterback Davis Webb has officially joined California, giving the Golden Bears an experienced option to replace No. 1 overall NFL draft pick Jared Goff.
- Correction: Baylor-Sex Assault Investigations story Updated: May-25-16 2:41 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - In a story May 24 about sexual assault cases involving Baylor University, The Associated Press misspelled the name of a Baylor spokeswoman on second reference. Her name is Lori Fogleman, not Fogelman.
- Football coach Switzer to attend North Dakota oil expo Updated: May-24-16 7:41 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Former University of Oklahoma and Dallas Cowboys football coach Barry Switzer is slated to attend North Dakota's oil expo and conference in Bismarck.
- Bevo mascot chosen, returns to Texas sideline in 2016 Updated: May-23-16 5:52 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - The University of Texas says a new longhorn steer mascot has been selected and will be introduced at the 2016 season-opener against Notre Dame on Sept. 4.
- Suit seeks testimony from ex-Texas coach Mack Brown, others Updated: May-22-16 11:06 am
AUSTIN, Texas - A former University of Texas track coach's sex and race discrimination lawsuit has new life, and her lawyers are still pursuing long-sought testimony from former football coach Mack Brown and prominent current and former administrators as they dig into one of college sports' highest-profile athletic departments.
- West Virginia expects NCAA to clear Grier to start 2017 Updated: May-20-16 8:22 pm
MORGANTOWN, West Virginia - West Virginia coach Dana Holgorsen says he expects suspended former Florida quarterback Wil Grier to be eligible for the start of the 2017 season.
- Diaco fires up UConn's NYC base with promise of progress Updated: May-18-16 8:33 pm
NEW YORK - Bob Diaco was doing his best to get the crowded bar on the East Side of Manhattan fired up about Connecticut football, running down all the reasons to be hopeful about the Huskies taking another step forward.
- Report: Police records show more violent incidents at Baylor Updated: May-18-16 5:39 pm
WACO, Texas - An examination of Waco police records over a five-year period found more allegations of violent incidents involving Baylor football players who were not charged, appeared to face little or no discipline from the team even though coaches and administrators knew about the allegations and that some documents were shielded from public view by officers, ESPN reported Wednesday.
- Kansas State hires ex-Gophers coach Jerry Kill in AD role Updated: May-17-16 4:49 pm
MANHATTAN, Kansas - Jerry Kill came to the difficult realization last October that his health, primarily the epilepsy that would periodically lead to seizures, would prevent him from coaching college football anymore.
- West Virginia RB Donte Thomas-Williams dismissed from team Updated: May-16-16 1:39 pm
MORGANTOWN, West Virginia - West Virginia backup running back Donte Thomas-Williams has been dismissed from the team for an undisclosed violation of team rules.
- Tickets for WVU-BYU football game going on sale Updated: May-15-16 12:27 pm
MORGANTOWN, West Virginia - Tickets for West Virginia's football contest with BYU in Landover, Maryland, are going on sale.
- Former Baylor football's Floyd Casey Stadium demolished Updated: May-14-16 5:24 pm
WACO, Texas - Explosives have been used to bring down what was left of the former longtime home of Baylor football.
- Baylor receives law firm's sexual assault report Updated: May-13-16 6:13 pm
WACO, Texas - Baylor University officials announced Friday they received a law firm's report on how the school handled incidents of sexual assault on campus, but the school gave no indication whether the document will be made public.
- West Virginia signs Iowa grad transfer Updated: May-13-16 12:55 pm
MORGANTOWN, West Virginia - West Virginia has signed Iowa graduate transfer Maurice Fleming to help fill a need in the secondary.
- Several Texas football assistants in line for pay raises Updated: May-08-16 4:01 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas is set to give three assistant football coaches large pay raises with the Longhorns coming off two straight losing seasons.
- Oklahoma RB Alex Ross to graduate, then transfer Updated: May-06-16 5:04 pm
NORMAN, Oklahoma - Oklahoma said Friday that kick returner and running back Alex Ross will graduate, then transfer.
- Texas A&M sheds some swagger and tries to change trajectory Updated: May-06-16 4:11 am
COLLEGE STATION, Texas - The five-star quarterbacks are gone, replaced at Texas A&M by a graduate transfer looking for a second chance. The hotshot young coordinator is out. A seasoned veteran assistant is now running Texas A&M's offense.
- 3 Texas Tech football players kicked off the team Updated: May-05-16 2:05 pm
LUBBOCK, Texas - Three Texas Tech football players have been kicked off the team.