- Browns coach accepts blame for criticism toward Joe Haden Updated: Oct-07-15 1:44 pm
BEREA, Ohio - Browns coach Mike Pettine accepted blame for the heavy criticism directed at Pro Bowl cornerback Joe Haden for not playing with a broken finger.
- Browns' Pettine: 'We're not going to hit the panic button' Updated: Oct-05-15 7:44 pm
BEREA, Ohio - Browns general manager Ray Farmer was back in his office Monday after serving a four-game NFL suspension.
- Protecting Rivers paramount, say beat up offensive linemen Updated: Sep-28-15 9:50 pm
SAN DIEGO - A number of offensive linemen for the San Diego Chargers were forced out of Sunday's ugly 31-14 loss at Minnesota.
- Peterson, Vikings trample banged-up Chargers 31-14 Updated: Sep-27-15 6:22 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Adrian Peterson wasn't in peak shape two games into this comeback season, so he showed up at Minnesota's practice facility on his day off this week for a series of 100-yard sprints, 18 in all.
- Rivers roughed up behind depleted line in Bolts' 31-14 loss Updated: Sep-27-15 6:16 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The offensive linemen kept dropping and the hits kept coming on Philip Rivers, prompting San Diego Chargers great and CBS analyst Dan Fouts to plead during the telecast for coach Mike McCoy to pull his starting quarterback for his own safety.
- Chargers guard Fluker hopes to play Sunday vs Vikings Updated: Sep-25-15 9:43 pm
SAN DIEGO - Chargers right guard D.J. Fluker hopes to be back in the lineup Sunday on the road against the Minnesota Vikings.
- Vikings LG Brandon Fusco questionable with concussion Updated: Sep-25-15 4:26 pm
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minnesota - Minnesota Vikings left guard Brandon Fusco is questionable for the game against San Diego on Sunday.
- Chargers visit to Vikings reminds Peterson of rushing record Updated: Sep-25-15 3:39 am
- McCoy defends decision not to use timeouts before halftime Updated: Sep-21-15 9:25 pm
SAN DIEGO - Chargers coach Mike McCoy is defending his decision not to use his final two timeouts at the end of the first half of Sunday's loss at Cincinnati and at least get the ball back and take a few shots down the field with Philip Rivers and his talented receivers.
- Balanced Bengals offense sets up 24-19 win over Chargers Updated: Sep-21-15 2:16 am
CINCINNATI - The Bengals weren't about to let it happen again.
- Dalton throws for 3 TDs, Bengals beat Chargers 24-19 Updated: Sep-20-15 5:48 pm
CINCINNATI - Andy Dalton throws three touchdown passes, each to a different receiver. Jeremy Hill gets benched for fumbling twice, and his backup runs for 123 yards.
- Jones, Fluker, Addae listed as doubtful for Chargers Updated: Sep-19-15 1:40 am
SAN DIEGO - Receiver-returner Jacoby Jones, guard D.J. Fluker and safety Jahleel Addae of the San Diego Chargers are listed as doubtful for Sunday's game at Cincinnati.
- Grubman: San Diego, St. Louis won't make stadium pitches Updated: Sep-15-15 7:08 pm
SAN DIEGO - The NFL's point man on Los Angeles said he has decided that officials from San Diego and St. Louis who are trying to keep their NFL teams won't make presentations on their stadium plans at the owners meeting next month.
- Lions have plenty to correct after second-half fade Updated: Sep-14-15 7:46 pm
ALLEN PARK, Michigan - If Detroit's season opener against San Diego had ended a bit differently, Ameer Abdullah might be the talk of the NFL.
- Rivers rallies Chargers to 33-28 victory over Lions Updated: Sep-14-15 2:54 am
SAN DIEGO - There's going to be uncertainty all season about the Chargers' future, whether it's in San Diego or in the Los Angeles area.
- NFL Today, Week 1 Updated: Sep-13-15 10:39 pm
- Rivers rallies Chargers to 33-28 victory over Lions Updated: Sep-13-15 8:45 pm
SAN DIEGO - This is why the San Diego Chargers gave Philip Rivers an $84 million contract extension during training camp.
- Emanuel set to start at outside linebacker for Chargers Updated: Sep-13-15 3:24 pm
- Goff throws 3 TDs in Cal's 35-7 win over San Diego St. Updated: Sep-12-15 8:38 pm
BERKELEY, California - Quarterback Jared Goff threw for two touchdowns in a 21-second span to break open a tight game and California overcame a sluggish start to beat San Diego State 35-7 on Saturday.
- Bills celebrate AFL Championship teams 50 years later Updated: Sep-12-15 3:28 pm
ORCHARD PARK, New York - It's rare they get to celebrate a championship in Buffalo.
- Chargers TE Ladarius Green practices, remains questionable Updated: Sep-11-15 7:56 pm
SAN DIEGO - The Chargers got some good news regarding their tight end position: Ladarius Green practiced on Friday.
- San Diego misses mayor's deadline on plan to keep Chargers Updated: Sep-11-15 5:17 pm
SAN DIEGO - To no one's surprise, the city of San Diego and the Chargers missed a deadline set by Mayor Kevin Faulconer to agree on a new stadium that would keep the team from moving to Los Angeles.
- Chargers re-sign TE Phillips after Green suffers concussion Updated: Sep-10-15 7:52 pm
SAN DIEGO - The San Diego Chargers have re-signed tight end John Phillips as a precaution after Ladarius Green was diagnosed with a concussion.
- Lions WR Calvin Johnson shrugs off questions about age Updated: Sep-09-15 5:42 pm
ALLEN PARK, Michigan - Calvin Johnson doesn't think age has slowed him down. He is looking forward to proving it to opposing defenses this season.