- Southern Minnesota father, son die in 2-vehicle crash Updated: Feb-06-16 12:26 pm
BLOOMING PRAIRIE, Minnesota - A father and son from Austin have died in a head-on crash in Steele County.
- Man convicted in 2-year-old niece's death in 3rd trial Updated: Feb-05-16 7:17 am
MARSHALL, Minnesota - A man has been convicted of murder in the death of his 2-year-old niece after the Minnesota Supreme Court last year granted him a third trial.
- The Latest: Suspected tornado damages Army post in Georgia Updated: Feb-03-16 7:20 pm
The Latest on the winter storm system affecting a broad swath of the Midwest and Southern U.S. (all times local):
- The Latest: Snow keeps piling up as storm blasts Minnesota Updated: Feb-02-16 8:42 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Latest on winter storm moving through Minnesota (all times local):
- Fundraising reports set tone for tussle over Legislature Updated: Feb-02-16 5:50 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - The quest for cash is on in Minnesota's 2016 elections. New campaign finance reports released Tuesday show political groups and candidates have already socked away millions of dollars for the fight for control of the Legislature.
- Authorities identify 2 killed, 1 injured in fiery crash Updated: Feb-02-16 1:13 pm
WINONA, Minnesota - Authorities have released the names of two people killed and a third person injured in a fiery crash on an icy highway in Winona County.
- Dayton ends his push for special legislative session Updated: Feb-02-16 12:58 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Gov. Mark Dayton abruptly dropped his months-long push for a special session Tuesday, conceding that time had basically run out to extend unemployment benefits for out-of-work miners on the Iron Range.
- Mayo Clinic project off to a slow start in Rochester Updated: Feb-02-16 12:51 pm
ROCHESTER, Minnesota - It's been nearly three years since Minnesota legislators approved state funding for Mayo Clinic's Destination Medical Center, a massive project that will overhaul the face of downtown Rochester.
- Sieben, assistant Senate majority leader, to retire Updated: Feb-02-16 12:47 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Minnesota Senate Assistant Majority Leader Katie Sieben says she won't seek another term.
- Minnesota House, Senate leaders outline session differences Updated: Feb-01-16 9:06 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Minnesota's top House and Senate leaders repeated familiar themes Monday as they outlined sharply different visions for the legislative session that begins next month.
- Democratic Rep. Atkins to retire after 7 terms in House Updated: Jan-26-16 5:14 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A longtime state representative announced Tuesday he won't seek re-election amid questions about his role at a nonprofit organization.
- 2016 battlegrounds bring rural focus to legislative session Updated: Jan-24-16 11:07 am
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - The battle for greater Minnesota at the ballot box in November is already taking shape at the Capitol.
- Dayton names appellate judge Chutich to state supreme court Updated: Jan-22-16 12:35 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Gov. Mark Dayton named Appeals Court Judge Margaret Chutich to fill an open spot on the Minnesota Supreme Court on Friday, installing the first openly gay justice on the state's highest court.
- Dayton picks March 9 for State of the State, but where? Updated: Jan-22-16 12:14 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Gov. Mark Dayton has his calendar marked for his State of the State address.
- Top Democrat proposes changes for openness Updated: Jan-21-16 11:28 am
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A top Democrat says House lawmakers should be subject to the state's open records laws.
- Minnesota lawmakers take on data privacy in classrooms Updated: Jan-20-16 3:22 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Lawmakers and data privacy advocates say the digital age means students' private information needs protecting.
- Speed limit studied on 1,100 highway miles in Minnesota Updated: Jan-20-16 7:54 am
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - The Minnesota Department of Transportation will evaluate nearly 1,100 highway miles this year to determine whether the speed limit should be raised from 55 mph to 60 mph.
- US Senate confirms Wright as federal judge for Minnesota Updated: Jan-19-16 6:36 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - The U.S. Senate has confirmed Wilhelmina Wright as Minnesota's newest federal judge.
- 1 killed, 2 injured in western Minnesota crash Updated: Jan-18-16 5:59 am
BARNESVILLE, Minnesota - One person has been killed and two others have been injured in a two-vehicle crash involving a semitrailer on Interstate 94 in western Minnesota.
- Minnesota lawmaker tried to sway judge on company's behalf Updated: Jan-08-16 8:40 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A Minnesota legislator tried unsuccessfully last month to personally intervene with a judge who ordered a business owner in his district to pay a legal judgment of more than $240,000.
- House speaker wants outside audit on pipeline project emails Updated: Jan-08-16 5:06 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Minnesota House Speaker Kurt Daudt has asked the legislative auditor to do a separate investigation of Minnesota Pollution Control Agency activity on the Sandpiper oil pipeline project.
- 1 killed, 1 in jail in Isanti County crash Updated: Jan-07-16 7:38 am
BRAHAM, Minnesota - The Minnesota State Patrol says an arrest has been made in a fatal crash in Isanti County.