- Rookies Bryant, Pederson make All-Star team; A-Rod left out Updated: Jul-06-15 11:36 pm
NEW YORK - Less than three months after making his major league debut, Chicago Cubs third baseman Kris Bryant is an All-Star, one of two rookies selected along with Los Angeles Dodgers outfielder Joc Pederson.
- Injured Yankees OF Ellsbury to be activated Wednesday Updated: Jul-06-15 6:42 pm
NEW YORK - The New York Yankees say injured outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury is set to be activated before Wednesday night's game against Oakland.
- Nova shaky, Yankees sloppy in 8-1 loss to Rays Updated: Jul-05-15 7:05 pm
NEW YORK - Ivan Nova was shaky on the mound, then wild with a throw to third. Jose Pirela made two errors on one play. And hardly anyone with a bat in their hands was able to solve Erasmo Ramirez - again.
- Ramirez stifles sloppy Yanks as Rays stop 7-game slide, 8-1 Updated: Jul-05-15 6:19 pm
NEW YORK - After a week without a win, the Tampa Bay Rays were hardly shy about describing their celebration Sunday.
- Boxberger 9th-inning error sinks Rays in 3-2 loss to Yankees Updated: Jul-04-15 7:04 pm
NEW YORK - Brad Boxberger picked up the ball on a ninth-inning bunt and threw wildly to first. By the time second baseman Jake Elmore's throw reached home, the Tampa Bay Rays' losing streak had stretched to seven games.
- Andrew Miller could be back with Yankees soon Updated: Jul-04-15 1:36 pm
NEW YORK - Injured closer Andrew Miller threw 30 pitches in a bullpen session and could soon return to the New York Yankees.
- A-Rod, Yanks settle dispute, he gets ball from 3,000th hit Updated: Jul-03-15 8:40 pm
NEW YORK - Alex Rodriguez and the Yankees settled their dispute over a marketing payment with a deal announced Friday that gives $3.5 million to charitable groups, saves the team $5.5 million and gets A-Rod the home run ball from his 3,000th hit.
- Carlos Beltran on DL, CC Sabathia start pushed back Updated: Jul-03-15 8:14 pm
NEW YORK - The New York Yankees placed Carlos Beltran on the 15-day disabled list Friday because a strained left oblique muscle, and they pushed CC Sabathia's next start back three days so he can work on fixing some pitching problems.
- Queen City crew: Sending All-Stars young and old to Cincy Updated: Jul-03-15 11:22 am
NEW YORK - Anyone still ranting about the online election that put five Kansas City Royals in position to start the All-Star Game, the following is for you.
- Angels GM quits shortly before their 3-1 loss to Yankees Updated: Jul-02-15 12:36 am
ANAHEIM, California - The Los Angeles Angels' nine-game homestand was largely a success until they lost a game and a general manager on the final day.
- Jones, Eovaldi salvage Yankees' trip finale, 3-1 over Angels Updated: Jul-01-15 11:47 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Nathan Eovaldi has become a solution to many of the New York Yankees' woes, particularly when they're facing the Los Angeles Angels.
- Rookie Correa leads Astros over Yankees 3-1 Updated: Jun-28-15 6:09 pm
HOUSTON - Houston rookie Carlos Correa has amassed enough big plays to fill a highlight reel despite being in the majors for less than a month.
- Houston's Oberholtzer ejected for throwing at A-Rod Updated: Jun-27-15 5:41 pm
HOUSTON - Houston starter Brett Oberholtzer has been ejected in the second for throwing at New York's Alex Rodriguez.
- Hamels loses to Yanks 10-2 in return from hamstring injury Updated: Jun-24-15 6:35 pm
NEW YORK - Every time Cole Hamels takes the mound, he knows it could be his last start for the Philadelphia Phillies.
- Nova sparkles in return, pitches Yankees past Phillies 10-2 Updated: Jun-24-15 6:03 pm
NEW YORK - Ivan Nova went to bed about 10 p.m. He couldn't sleep.
- Ryan goes back on disabled list, this time with bad back Updated: Jun-24-15 5:53 pm
NEW YORK - Infielder Brendan Ryan was put on the 15-day disabled list by the New York Yankees on Wednesday because of a strained upper back.
- Girardi ejected after arguing checked swing in 3rd inning Updated: Jun-24-15 2:33 pm
NEW YORK - Yankees manager Joe Girardi has been ejected from a game against the Philadelphia Phillies after arguing a checked swing by Maikel Franco.
- Betances takes 1st MLB loss, Yankees lose 11-6 to Phillies Updated: Jun-24-15 2:24 am
NEW YORK - Dellin Betances was just as bad Tuesday night as the rest of the Yankees' pitchers have been lately, and that was certainly a surprise.
- Nova to return from Tommy John surgery; Teixeira out Updated: Jun-22-15 6:46 pm
NEW YORK - The Yankee are going to activate right-hander Ivan Nova from the disabled list Wednesday to make his first start since Tommy John surgery almost 14 months ago.
- JD Martinez hits 3 HRs, Tigers tag Tanaka and top Yanks 12-4 Updated: Jun-21-15 6:08 pm
NEW YORK - J.D. Martinez wanted that fourth home run. He had never even hit two in a major league game before, so might as well tie the record the first time he got a chance.
- Morgan wins big league debut, leads Phils past Wacha, Cards Updated: Jun-21-15 5:53 pm
PHILADELPHIA - The Phillies finally got a victory from a starting pitcher. And Adam Morgan might have been the most unlikely candidate to break their monthlong drought.
- Yanks honor Randolph, surprise Stottlemyre on Old-Timers Day Updated: Jun-20-15 9:41 pm
NEW YORK - Willie Randolph was overjoyed. Mel Stottlemyre was simply stunned.
- A-Rod homers for 3,000th hit; 29th player to reach milestone Updated: Jun-20-15 12:19 am
NEW YORK - Alex Rodriguez homered for his 3,000th career hit and smiled all the way around the bases Friday night, the highlight so far in what's become a resurgent season for the disgraced slugger.
- No deal: Fan with A-Rod's 3,000th ball holding it back now Updated: Jun-19-15 11:06 pm
NEW YORK - The fan at Yankee Stadium who wound up with the ball that Alex Rodriguez launched for his 3,000th hit is holding on to the prize souvenir.
- List of Alex Rodriguez's milestone hits Updated: Jun-19-15 10:51 pm
NEW YORK - A look at the milestone hits in Alex Rodriguez's major league career: