- Teixeira's grand slam gives Yankees 7-2 win over Seattle Updated: Jun-02-15 2:32 am
SEATTLE - For the first three innings, Seattle ace Felix Hernandez was conjuring up thoughts of perfection.
- Teixeira's grand slam gives Yankees 7-2 win over Seattle Updated: Jun-02-15 2:02 am
SEATTLE - The overwhelming feeling from Mark Teixeira and his New York teammates was to savor what happened on Monday night.
- Capuano will go to Yankees' bullpen when Tanaka returns Updated: Jun-01-15 8:32 pm
- Indians walk to a win, outlast Mariners in 12 innings Updated: May-31-15 10:38 pm
- Chavez shuts down Yankees to lead Athletics to 3-0 win Updated: May-31-15 8:05 pm
OAKLAND, California - The way Jesse Chavez was dealing, Stephen Vogt knew Oakland didn't need much offense to give him a much-needed win. That hasn't been so easy for the Athletics to do this season.
- A's waste early scoring chances, lose to Yankees 5-3 Updated: May-31-15 2:27 am
- Heathcott goes on DL with right quad strain Updated: May-30-15 7:44 pm
OAKLAND, California - Ramon Flores had a feeling his time had come. The Yankees called and his feeling turned out to be correct.
- Yanks finish sweep, Royals lose 4-2 for 4th straight defeat Updated: May-27-15 7:01 pm
- A-Rod breaks Gehrig's AL RBI record; Yanks sweep Royals, 4-2 Updated: May-27-15 6:24 pm
NEW YORK - Alex Rodriguez checked off another age-old milestone in a comeback season that's surpassing almost anyone's expectations.
- Managers support pitchers getting better grip on balls Updated: May-26-15 7:31 pm
NEW YORK - Yankees manager Joe Girardi thinks Major League Baseball should avoid the sticky situation of pitchers being caught using foreign substances to get better grips on the ball by providing the tacky stuff for them.
- Jacob Lindgren's Yankees arrival: 'Who are you?' Updated: May-25-15 1:17 am
NEW YORK - Jacob Lindgren took a taxi from his Manhattan hotel and arrived at Yankee Stadium about seven hours before game time Sunday.
- Jeter returns to Yankee Stadium as Williams' No. 51 retired Updated: May-25-15 1:09 am
NEW YORK - Bernie Williams stood in front of the pitcher's mound, flanked by Derek Jeter, Mariano Rivera, Andy Pettitte and Jorge Posada, all clothed in finely tailored suits rather than the pinstriped baseball uniforms in which they earned fame and fortune.
- Rangers beat Yanks 5-2 for New York's 10th loss in 11 games Updated: May-25-15 1:00 am
NEW YORK - Even before meeting up with Josh Hamilton, the Texas Rangers are streaking.
- Texas knocks out Sabathia in 10-run 3rd inning Updated: May-23-15 2:47 pm
- Yankees pitcher Masahiro Tanaka set for next rehab start Updated: May-22-15 5:41 pm
NEW YORK - Yankees pitcher Masahiro Tanaka is set to make his next rehabilitation start Wednesday against Boston's Triple-A team.
- Manfred says Yanks have grounds to not pay A-Rod bonus Updated: May-21-15 8:30 pm
NEW YORK - Baseball Commissioner Rob Manfred said he thinks the New York Yankees have grounds not to pay Alex Rodriguez a $6 million marketing bonus for tying Willie Mays for fourth place on the career home run list.
- Steinbrenner on A-Rod: 'He's been a great asset' Updated: May-20-15 11:45 pm
NEW YORK - Now that Alex Rodriguez has more home runs than lawsuits, the New York Yankees are happy with him.
- After Harper's ejection, Span lifts Nats past Yankees 3-2 Updated: May-20-15 11:26 pm
WASHINGTON - Bryce Harper is not known for hiding his thoughts, and so he certainly did not shy away from sharing what was on his mind after getting ejected from a game for the second time in seven days.
- Yankees CF Ellsbury, on DL, not sure extent of knee injury Updated: May-20-15 7:20 pm
WASHINGTON - Wearing a black brace on his sprained right knee, New York Yankees center fielder Jacoby Ellsbury said he has not been told how long he might be sidelined - and doesn't expect to know a prognosis until seeing a team doctor on Friday.
- A-Rod out of Yankees' lineup with no DH at Nationals Park Updated: May-19-15 7:06 pm
WASHINGTON - Alex Rodriguez was out of the Yankees' lineup against the Nationals because no designated hitter is used in games at NL ballparks.
- Yankees pitcher Chase Whitley set for Tommy John surgery Updated: May-18-15 5:21 pm
NEW YORK - Yankees right-hander Chase Whitley will have Tommy John surgery on Tuesday and miss the rest of the season.
- Edinson Volquez dominates as Royals roll past Yankees, 6-0 Updated: May-17-15 6:05 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Edinson Volquez had such violent movement on his fastball Sunday that Royals manager Ned Yost said catcher Salvador Perez actually turned around to ask plate umpire Chris Guccione whether there was anything he could do to help out.
- Yankees activate Capuano to start vs Royals Updated: May-17-15 2:03 pm
- Royals select veteran Joe Blanton from Triple-A Omaha Updated: May-16-15 3:11 pm
- Yankees pitcher Whitley goes on DL with sprained right elbow Updated: May-15-15 7:12 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The New York Yankees could be without Chase Whitley for the rest of the season after the right-hander went on the disabled list Friday with a sprained pitching elbow.