- With Yankees, wild-card game draws biggest TV audience Updated: Oct-07-15 4:11 pm
NEW YORK - With the Yankees playing, baseball's wild-card game has drawn its largest television audience in its short history.
- Yanks still have not led playoff game since Jeter got hurt Updated: Oct-07-15 1:31 am
NEW YORK - The Yankees still have not led in a postseason game since Derek Jeter sprawled in the dirt three years ago, screaming in pain from a broken ankle.
- Ellsbury, Yanks' $153M man, doesn't start in playoff loss Updated: Oct-07-15 1:14 am
NEW YORK - Jacoby Ellsbury sat the bench for most of his first postseason game after signing a $153 million contract with the New York Yankees. When he finally got in, he saw three pitches at the plate and one inning in center field.
- Keuchel sharp, Astros beat Yankees 3-0 in AL wild-card game Updated: Oct-07-15 1:08 am
NEW YORK - A year ago, no one could've pictured this. Yet here they were, Dallas Keuchel and the Houston Astros, soaking in champagne, merrily posing for a victory shot on the mound at Yankee Stadium.
- Beer banner draws attention as Yanks discuss Sabathia rehab Updated: Oct-05-15 8:43 pm
NEW YORK - CC Sabathia's alcohol problem drew attention at Yankee Stadium. So did the backdrop at Monday's news conference - a banner with several beer logos.
- CC Sabathia to enter alcohol rehab center, miss playoffs Updated: Oct-05-15 7:49 pm
NEW YORK - CC Sabathia walked into manager Joe Girardi's office in Baltimore on Sunday and made a stunning admission: He has an alcohol problem.
- Billy Eppler welcomes high expectations as Angels' new GM Updated: Oct-05-15 6:51 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Billy Eppler knows his new job as the Los Angeles Angels' general manager looks particularly tough. He knows all about the organizational power wielded by manager Mike Scioscia and the high expectations of owner Arte Moreno.
- Orioles' put priority on retaining Davis, improving pitching Updated: Oct-05-15 5:54 pm
BALTIMORE - Seeking an encore to their appearance in the AL Championship Series, the Baltimore Orioles sputtered through a .500 season primarily because they couldn't replace stars lost to free agency and received sub-par performances from several of the 2014 standouts.
- Aces wild: Playoffs open with Astros-Yankees, Cubs-Pirates Updated: Oct-05-15 8:19 am
Dallas Keuchel started the All-Star game, won 20 times and twice dominated the New York Yankees.
- Playoff Push: Kershaw aims at redemption, stars set to debut Updated: Oct-05-15 8:13 am
The Major League Baseball playoffs begin this week, starting Tuesday night with the American League wild-card game at Yankee Stadium.
- Yanks still chasing home-field edge after 9-2 loss to O's Updated: Oct-03-15 3:46 pm
BALTIMORE - Yankees starter Ivan Nova allowed five runs in another shaky outing and New York failed to wrap up home field for the AL wild-card game, losing 9-2 to the Baltimore Orioles on Saturday in the opener of a split-doubleheader.
- Yankees-Orioles game called by rain; will play 2 on Saturday Updated: Oct-02-15 6:28 pm
BALTIMORE - The New York Yankees might have a busy weekend before getting a one-day break ahead of the playoffs.
- Yankees clinch playoff spot after 2-year absence, top Boston Updated: Oct-02-15 3:13 pm
NEW YORK - CC Sabathia stood near his locker in the back of the oval Yankees clubhouse while excited teammates celebrated New York's return to the postseason.
- Prime ministers from New Zealand, Curacao at Red Sox-Yankees Updated: Sep-29-15 10:21 pm
NEW YORK - Be it a president, king or emir, there's plenty that world leaders in town for the United Nations General Assembly can enjoy in their spare time.
- Yogi Berra remembered at funeral by family, sports royalty Updated: Sep-29-15 8:51 pm
MONTCLAIR, New Jersey - A gold catcher's mitt was placed on top of his remains. But on a day filled with stories from a lifetime in baseball, Yogi Berra was remembered for being more than one of the game's greats.
- Severino leads Yankees to win over White Sox Updated: Sep-27-15 6:09 pm
NEW YORK - Dustin Ackley was a surprise trade-deadline acquisition by New York, arriving in a season-long slump with few credentials to support the early hype of a No. 2 overall draft pick. Then he got hurt.
- White Sox eliminated with 2-1 loss to Yankees Updated: Sep-26-15 9:51 pm
NEW YORK - The Chicago White Sox have been over .500 for just one day this season, when they were 18-17 in mid-May. It has been clear for weeks that they would not reach the playoffs, so there was little suspense when they were mathematically eliminated Saturday with a 2-1 loss to the New York Yankees.
- Robertson returns to Stadium mound and saves White Sox win Updated: Sep-26-15 12:56 am
NEW YORK - The last time David Robertson came out of the Yankee Stadium bullpen, it was exactly a year ago and he was wearing pinstripes.
- Yankees' Tanaka throws bullpen, could return next week Updated: Sep-25-15 6:55 pm
NEW YORK - Masahiro Tanaka threw 31 pitches in a bullpen session Friday, and the New York Yankees right-hander said he thinks he can return to the rotation this season despite a strained right hamstring.
- A wonderful life: Berra's family, Yankees honor Yogi Updated: Sep-24-15 8:37 pm
NEW YORK - Bill Spahr tapped the bronze Yogi Berra plaque in Monument Park with his hand, nodded his head in tribute and recalled the day he once talked to the Yankees great for 15 minutes at an airport.
- When all's said and done, Yogi Berra was 1 of a kind Updated: Sep-24-15 1:40 am
NEW YORK - Baseball people tell a wonderful story about Yogi Berra and the most famous home run in history.
- Hopes for East crown take a hit as Yankees lose 4-0 to Jays Updated: Sep-23-15 11:32 pm
- Stroman strong as Martin's HR leads Jays past Yankees 4-0 Updated: Sep-23-15 10:40 pm
- Yankees Hall of Fame catcher Yogi Berra dies at 90 Updated: Sep-23-15 9:30 pm
NEW YORK - The lovable legend of Yogi Berra, that ain't ever gonna be over.
- In their words: How sports world is remembering Yogi Berra Updated: Sep-23-15 8:43 pm
NEW YORK - Yogi Berra, the Hall of Fame catcher renowned as much for his lovable, linguistically dizzying "Yogi-isms" as his unmatched 10 World Series championships with the New York Yankees, has died at 90. Here's how he is being remembered: