- Yankees reinstate Mitchell from 7-day concussion DL Updated: Aug-28-15 3:09 pm
ATLANTA - The New York Yankees have reinstated rookie right-hander Bryan Mitchell from the seven-day concussion disabled list.
- Miller can't stop winless streak, Rockies beat Braves 6-3 Updated: Aug-26-15 11:50 pm
ATLANTA - Everything was in place for Shelby Miller to end his frustrating winless streak. And then everything fell apart in the seventh inning.
- Barnes has 3 hits to lead Rockies to 6-3 win over Braves Updated: Aug-26-15 11:33 pm
ATLANTA - The Colorado Rockies thought they missed their opportunity against Atlanta starter Shelby Miller. In the seventh inning, Miller gave them a second chance.
- Astros top last year's win total, beat Yankees 6-2 Updated: Aug-26-15 9:01 pm
NEW YORK - A green laser beam bounced around a fog-filled clubhouse, music blared from all corners of the darkened room. It's a postgame party that's becoming commonplace with these Houston Astros.
- Pineda returns, chased in 5th as Yankees fall to Astros Updated: Aug-26-15 7:02 pm
NEW YORK - A little bunt caused a big problem for Michael Pineda and the New York Yankees.
- RHP Michael Pineda returns to Yankees, starts vs Astros Updated: Aug-26-15 12:49 pm
NEW YORK - Right-hander Michael Pineda has returned to the New York Yankees after nearly a month on the disabled list and set to start against Houston.
- Mariano Rivera hated pitching in Little League Updated: Aug-25-15 10:13 pm
SOUTH WILLIAMSPORT, Pennsylvania - Mariano Rivera remembers his Little League days fondly. What he remembers most: He hated to pitch.
- Teixeira back in Yankees' lineup; Sabathia eyes 2015 return Updated: Aug-25-15 6:59 pm
NEW YORK - Mark Teixeira was back in the New York Yankees' lineup Tuesday night after missing seven games with a bruised right shin.
- Wild Perez spoils Feldman's gem, Astros lose to Yankees 1-0 Updated: Aug-25-15 12:15 am
NEW YORK - Scott Feldman hit all his spots for eight enchanting innings. Oliver Perez missed them all while facing just three batters.
- Yanks place CC Sabathia on DL, knee injury could end season Updated: Aug-24-15 8:21 pm
NEW YORK - CC Sabathia has been placed on the 15-day disabled list with right knee inflammation that could end his season.
- Yankees LHP Sabathia exits game with right knee pain Updated: Aug-23-15 8:03 pm
NEW YORK - New York Yankees left-hander CC Sabathia exited in the third inning Sunday with right knee pain and could be headed for the disabled list.
- Lindor homers, Sabathia hurt as Indians beat Yankees 4-3 Updated: Aug-23-15 7:04 pm
NEW YORK - Growing up in Puerto Rico, Francisco Lindor knew a lot of New York Yankees' fans, so he rooted for the Boston Red Sox.
- Yankees honor Pettitte by retiring his No. 46 Updated: Aug-23-15 3:42 pm
NEW YORK - Andy Pettitte would often glare down opposing hitters from the mound, his hat pulled tightly over his forehead and his glove shielding his face from the batter, so only his eyes were visible to those watching the tall lefty from Texas.
- Salazar has slow start, Francona ejected in Indians' loss Updated: Aug-22-15 6:44 pm
NEW YORK - Terry Francona had a good view of Danny Salazar's rough start from the dugout. He was watching on TV as the right-hander found his groove a little too late.
- Yankees retire Posada's No. 20 in Monument Park Updated: Aug-22-15 5:43 pm
NEW YORK - The Yankees most recent championship teams were built around a group of players that came to be known as the "Core Four." There was the suave leader Derek Jeter, the homespun starter Andy Pettitte and the classy closer Mariano Rivera.
- Bird has 2, 2-run HRs for Yankees in in 4-3 win over Twins Updated: Aug-19-15 5:59 pm
NEW YORK - Greg Bird shrugged his shoulders a few times, gave a bashful smile or two and talked about how he's just honored to be helping his Yankees teammates. Nothing seemed to faze this 22-year-old rookie.
- A-Rod hits grand slam to rally Yankees over Twins, 8-4 Updated: Aug-19-15 12:18 am
NEW YORK - Before the season began, beleaguered slugger Alex Rodriguez thought the days of being adored by Yankees fans were over.
- Yankees' Bryan Mitchell on 7-day concussion disabled list Updated: Aug-18-15 6:18 pm
NEW YORK - One day after he was struck in the face by a line drive, pitcher Bryan Mitchell was placed on the seven-day concussion disabled list by the New York Yankees on Tuesday.
- Yankees pitcher Mitchell hit by liner, has nasal fracture Updated: Aug-17-15 10:17 pm
NEW YORK - Yankees rookie pitcher Bryan Mitchell sustained a nasal fracture when he was hit in the head by a line drive Monday night, forcing him off the field with a towel over his bloody face.
- Victim's son throws out 1st pitch at Yankee Stadium Updated: Aug-17-15 8:47 pm
NEW YORK - Chris Singleton took a huge swing and watched the ball sail high into the first row of seats in left at Yankee Stadium, drawing loud whoops and fist bumps from a bunch of big leaguers around the batting cage.
- NHL players among those fans watching Blue Jays take flight Updated: Aug-17-15 4:12 pm
TORONTO - Logan Couture was just a preschooler when the Toronto Blue Jays won the World Series titles in 1992 and 1993. Wearing his team logo pajamas, the San Jose Sharks forward fought to stay awake to watch the games.
- Bautista homers, Blue Jay beat Yankees to avoid 3-game sweep Updated: Aug-16-15 4:18 pm
- Yankees cut struggling LHP Chris Capuano Updated: Aug-15-15 12:08 pm
TORONTO - The New York Yankees designated struggling left-hander Chris Capuano for assignment Saturday, three days after he was recalled from Triple-A Scranton.
- Indians edge sinking Yankees 5-4 in 16 innings Updated: Aug-12-15 1:29 am
CLEVELAND - Michael Brantley saw what his teammates had in mind and took off toward the safety of the outfield.
- Doug Melvin is leaving as general manager of Brewers Updated: Aug-11-15 7:47 pm
The rebuilding of the last-place Milwaukee Brewers will be overseen by a new general manager.