- Injured Yankees LHP Sabathia could rejoin rotation next week Updated: Sep-04-15 5:45 pm
NEW YORK - CC Sabathia has pitched a simulated game without any pain for the New York Yankees and could rejoin their rotation next Wednesday.
- Yankees put 1B Teixeira on disabled list with bruised shin Updated: Sep-04-15 5:26 pm
- Owens tagged in Boston's 13-8 loss to New York Updated: Sep-02-15 9:03 pm
BOSTON - The Red Sox starters were due for a bad outing. And rookie lefty Henry Owens had a real bad one.
- Yankees strand 14 in 4-3 loss to Red Sox Updated: Sep-01-15 12:20 am
BOSTON - Didi Gregorius' fly ball was hit in the wrong ballpark.
- Yankees send injured 1B Teixeira home for more tests Updated: Aug-31-15 5:00 pm
BOSTON - The Yankees have sent first baseman Mark Teixeira back to New York for further tests on his bruised right shin.
- NYC's first fan: A ballgame with Mayor Bill de Blasio Updated: Aug-31-15 6:27 am
NEW YORK - He sat in the upper deck, basically unrecognized amid a sea of happy baseball fans. He let out a cheer when the best hitter on his favorite team smoked a home run and diligently scanned the out-of-town scoreboard to consider playoff implications. And he waited his turn in the long Citi Field men's room line, just one more fan spending a hot summer day watching the Mets and the Red Sox play.
- Yankees ride trio of 2-out HRs to 20-6 runaway over Braves Updated: Aug-30-15 7:54 pm
ATLANTA - New York Yankees manager Joe Girardi says baseball "has a way of evening out."
- Braves' woes continue in 'demoralizing' 20-6 loss to Yankees Updated: Aug-30-15 7:47 pm
ATLANTA - A Braves team that was at .500 through 84 games has since been in a downward slide that gained speed with three straight losses to the Yankees.
- Yankees 1B Teixeira still can't run, doesn't start vs Braves Updated: Aug-28-15 6:18 pm
ATLANTA - New York Yankees first baseman Mark Teixeira is still out of the lineup while he deals with a bruised right shin.
- Yankees reinstate Mitchell from 7-day concussion DL Updated: Aug-28-15 3:09 pm
ATLANTA - The New York Yankees have reinstated rookie right-hander Bryan Mitchell from the seven-day concussion disabled list.
- Barnes has 3 hits to lead Rockies to 6-3 win over Braves Updated: Aug-26-15 11:33 pm
ATLANTA - The Colorado Rockies thought they missed their opportunity against Atlanta starter Shelby Miller. In the seventh inning, Miller gave them a second chance.
- Astros top last year's win total, beat Yankees 6-2 Updated: Aug-26-15 9:01 pm
NEW YORK - A green laser beam bounced around a fog-filled clubhouse, music blared from all corners of the darkened room. It's a postgame party that's becoming commonplace with these Houston Astros.
- RHP Michael Pineda returns to Yankees, starts vs Astros Updated: Aug-26-15 12:49 pm
NEW YORK - Right-hander Michael Pineda has returned to the New York Yankees after nearly a month on the disabled list and set to start against Houston.
- Mariano Rivera hated pitching in Little League Updated: Aug-25-15 10:13 pm
SOUTH WILLIAMSPORT, Pennsylvania - Mariano Rivera remembers his Little League days fondly. What he remembers most: He hated to pitch.
- Teixeira back in Yankees' lineup; Sabathia eyes 2015 return Updated: Aug-25-15 6:59 pm
NEW YORK - Mark Teixeira was back in the New York Yankees' lineup Tuesday night after missing seven games with a bruised right shin.
- Yanks place CC Sabathia on DL, knee injury could end season Updated: Aug-24-15 8:21 pm
NEW YORK - CC Sabathia has been placed on the 15-day disabled list with right knee inflammation that could end his season.
- Lindor homers, Sabathia hurt as Indians beat Yankees 4-3 Updated: Aug-23-15 7:04 pm
NEW YORK - Growing up in Puerto Rico, Francisco Lindor knew a lot of New York Yankees' fans, so he rooted for the Boston Red Sox.
- Yankees honor Pettitte by retiring his No. 46 Updated: Aug-23-15 3:42 pm
NEW YORK - Andy Pettitte would often glare down opposing hitters from the mound, his hat pulled tightly over his forehead and his glove shielding his face from the batter, so only his eyes were visible to those watching the tall lefty from Texas.
- Yankees retire Posada's No. 20 in Monument Park Updated: Aug-22-15 5:43 pm
NEW YORK - The Yankees most recent championship teams were built around a group of players that came to be known as the "Core Four." There was the suave leader Derek Jeter, the homespun starter Andy Pettitte and the classy closer Mariano Rivera.
- Bird has 2, 2-run HRs for Yankees in in 4-3 win over Twins Updated: Aug-19-15 5:59 pm
NEW YORK - Greg Bird shrugged his shoulders a few times, gave a bashful smile or two and talked about how he's just honored to be helping his Yankees teammates. Nothing seemed to faze this 22-year-old rookie.
- A-Rod hits grand slam to rally Yankees over Twins, 8-4 Updated: Aug-19-15 12:18 am
NEW YORK - Before the season began, beleaguered slugger Alex Rodriguez thought the days of being adored by Yankees fans were over.
- Yankees' Bryan Mitchell on 7-day concussion disabled list Updated: Aug-18-15 6:18 pm
NEW YORK - One day after he was struck in the face by a line drive, pitcher Bryan Mitchell was placed on the seven-day concussion disabled list by the New York Yankees on Tuesday.
- Yankees pitcher Mitchell hit by liner, has nasal fracture Updated: Aug-17-15 10:17 pm
NEW YORK - Yankees rookie pitcher Bryan Mitchell sustained a nasal fracture when he was hit in the head by a line drive Monday night, forcing him off the field with a towel over his bloody face.
- Victim's son throws out 1st pitch at Yankee Stadium Updated: Aug-17-15 8:47 pm
NEW YORK - Chris Singleton took a huge swing and watched the ball sail high into the first row of seats in left at Yankee Stadium, drawing loud whoops and fist bumps from a bunch of big leaguers around the batting cage.
- NHL players among those fans watching Blue Jays take flight Updated: Aug-17-15 4:12 pm
TORONTO - Logan Couture was just a preschooler when the Toronto Blue Jays won the World Series titles in 1992 and 1993. Wearing his team logo pajamas, the San Jose Sharks forward fought to stay awake to watch the games.