- Top Kansas court: State not properly funding poor schools Updated: May-27-16 10:00 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - The Kansas Supreme Court on Friday rejected some education funding changes enacted by the Legislature earlier this year and threatened to prevent the state's public schools from reopening for the new academic year if lawmakers don't act by June 30.
- The Latest: Kansas Democrat rips GOP on schools, LGBT issue Updated: May-27-16 9:41 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - The Latest on the Kansas Supreme Court's ruling on school funding (all times local):
- Kansas man re-sentenced for killing his wife Updated: May-25-16 10:40 am
SALINA, Kansas - A man convicted of killing his wife has been resentenced after the Kansas Supreme Court vacated his sentence.
- Recent editorials published in Iowa newspapers Updated: May-16-16 10:01 am
Des Moines Register. May 12, 2016
- Kansas House approves changes in judicial selection process Updated: May-01-16 1:42 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - A proposal approved in the Kansas House would give the secretary of state a role in how the nine-member commission that names three finalists for each high court vacancy elects its members.
- Kansas appeals court: Evidence stands despite defunct law Updated: Apr-30-16 1:32 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - The Kansas Court of Appeals has ruled that a man could be convicted of driving under the influence using evidence obtained under a defunct law.