- Yanks' Girardi: 'I did what I thought was right every day' Updated: Oct-09-15 11:50 am
NEW YORK - Yankees manager Joe Girardi is defending his handling of the team this year, saying: "I did what I thought was right every day."
- Josh Donaldson in Jays lineup for Game 2 of ALDS Updated: Oct-09-15 10:33 am
TORONTO - Third baseman Josh Donaldson and outfielder Jose Bautista are in the Blue Jays lineup for Game 2 of their American League Division Series against Texas. Third baseman Adrian Beltre is not starting for the Rangers.
- A look at each potential World Series matchup Updated: Oct-09-15 2:31 am
With four teams remaining in each league, there are 16 possible matchups for the World Series. We could wait and see who makes it, but what fun is that?
- Donaldson hurt as Blue Jays lose ALDS opener 5-3 to Rangers Updated: Oct-08-15 8:37 pm
TORONTO - After taking a knee to the head, Josh Donaldson didn't make it to the end of Toronto's first postseason game in 22 years.
- Chirinos 2-run homer leads Rangers over Blue Jays 5-3 Updated: Oct-08-15 8:28 pm
TORONTO - A big day by the bottom of Texas' batting order helped the Rangers overcome an injury to slugger Adrian Beltre in the start of their postseason run.
- Rangers' Beltre leaves playoff game with stiff back Updated: Oct-08-15 8:26 pm
- Lester vs Lackey matches former Red Sox teammates Updated: Oct-08-15 6:18 pm
ST. LOUIS - John Lackey has been quite the bargain for the St. Louis Cardinals.
- Blue Jays' last postseason appearance was in a different era Updated: Oct-08-15 4:00 am
It may not have been obvious at the time, but when Joe Carter's home run sailed over the wall to win the 1993 World Series for Toronto, a distinct era in baseball history came to an end.
- Yankees, a team in transition, feel downbeat and yet hopeful Updated: Oct-07-15 6:17 pm
NEW YORK - The quartet leaned against the dugout railing with uniformly glum expressions during the ninth inning, Masahiro Tanaka and Dellin Betances crossing their arms, Brett Gardner dangling his over a railing and Chris Young resting his chin on a hand.
- Jays seek to solve Gallardo in Game 1 of ALDS Updated: Oct-07-15 5:48 pm
TORONTO - Pitching against the powerful Toronto Blue Jays can sometimes feel like suffocating, because it is hard to come up for air.
- With Yankees, wild-card game draws biggest TV audience Updated: Oct-07-15 4:11 pm
NEW YORK - With the Yankees playing, baseball's wild-card game has drawn its largest television audience in its short history.
- Yanks still have not led playoff game since Jeter got hurt Updated: Oct-07-15 1:31 am
NEW YORK - The Yankees still have not led in a postseason game since Derek Jeter sprawled in the dirt three years ago, screaming in pain from a broken ankle.
- Ellsbury, Yanks' $153M man, doesn't start in playoff loss Updated: Oct-07-15 1:14 am
NEW YORK - Jacoby Ellsbury sat the bench for most of his first postseason game after signing a $153 million contract with the New York Yankees. When he finally got in, he saw three pitches at the plate and one inning in center field.
- Keuchel sharp, Astros beat Yankees 3-0 in AL wild-card game Updated: Oct-07-15 1:08 am
NEW YORK - A year ago, no one could've pictured this. Yet here they were, Dallas Keuchel and the Houston Astros, soaking in champagne, merrily posing for a victory shot on the mound at Yankee Stadium.
- Napoli back with the Rangers, who are back in playoffs Updated: Oct-06-15 5:58 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - Chants of "Nap-o-li!, Nap-o-li!" echo in Texas just like 2011 all over again.
- Gallardo, Hamels set to start for Rangers in ALDS Games 1-2 Updated: Oct-06-15 1:44 pm
- Beer banner draws attention as Yanks discuss Sabathia rehab Updated: Oct-05-15 8:43 pm
NEW YORK - CC Sabathia's alcohol problem drew attention at Yankee Stadium. So did the backdrop at Monday's news conference - a banner with several beer logos.
- Red Sox more optimistic despite another last-place finish Updated: Oct-05-15 8:26 pm
- CC Sabathia to enter alcohol rehab center, miss playoffs Updated: Oct-05-15 7:49 pm
NEW YORK - CC Sabathia walked into manager Joe Girardi's office in Baltimore on Sunday and made a stunning admission: He has an alcohol problem.
- Billy Eppler welcomes high expectations as Angels' new GM Updated: Oct-05-15 6:51 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Billy Eppler knows his new job as the Los Angeles Angels' general manager looks particularly tough. He knows all about the organizational power wielded by manager Mike Scioscia and the high expectations of owner Arte Moreno.
- Rays ready to keep building after another sub-.500 finish Updated: Oct-05-15 6:28 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - The resourceful Tampa Bay Rays have always used a different measuring stick to gauge their progress.
- Orioles' put priority on retaining Davis, improving pitching Updated: Oct-05-15 5:54 pm
BALTIMORE - Seeking an encore to their appearance in the AL Championship Series, the Baltimore Orioles sputtered through a .500 season primarily because they couldn't replace stars lost to free agency and received sub-par performances from several of the 2014 standouts.
- Aces wild: Playoffs open with Astros-Yankees, Cubs-Pirates Updated: Oct-05-15 8:19 am
Dallas Keuchel started the All-Star game, won 20 times and twice dominated the New York Yankees.
- Playoff Push: Kershaw aims at redemption, stars set to debut Updated: Oct-05-15 8:13 am
The Major League Baseball playoffs begin this week, starting Tuesday night with the American League wild-card game at Yankee Stadium.
- Close calls in Cy Young races; Harper, Donaldson for MVP Updated: Oct-05-15 8:13 am
NEW YORK - Here's how stacked the NL Cy Young race is: Max Scherzer struck out 276 batters with a 2.79 ERA and became the first major leaguer in 42 years to throw two no-hitters in one season.