- Yankees use 11-run inning in 21-5 comeback win at Texas Updated: Jul-29-15 1:39 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - New York Yankees manager Joe Girardi figures he will never see another game like this one, especially after trailing 5-0 in the first inning.
- From 5-run first for Rangers to 21-5 loss to Yankees Updated: Jul-29-15 1:30 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - Everything was looking good for the Texas Rangers after a five-run first inning.
- Tigers drop to 4th place after 10-2 loss to Rays Updated: Jul-29-15 12:12 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Detroit manager Brad Ausmus isn't sure if his Detroit Tigers are losing their confidence.
- Casali homers twice again, Rays trounce Price, Tigers Updated: Jul-28-15 11:48 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - The small, but appreciative crowd at Tropicana Field stood and cheered, urging Curt Casali to pop out of the dugout for a curtain call.
- Teheran stumbles again on road as Braves lose to Orioles 7-3 Updated: Jul-28-15 11:41 pm
BALTIMORE - Playing on the road is a losing proposition for the Atlanta Braves these days, especially with Julio Teheran on the mound.
- Bautista, Travis hurt as Blue Jays lose to Phillies 3-2 Updated: Jul-28-15 11:21 pm
TORONTO - The Blue Jays lost another close game and watched two players leave with injuries Tuesday night.
- Davis hits 2 HRs, has 5 RBIs as Orioles beat Braves 7-3 Updated: Jul-28-15 11:14 pm
BALTIMORE - With the non-waiver trade deadline approaching, the Baltimore Orioles appear poised to be buyers instead of sellers.
- After trading Papelbon, Phillies beat Blue Jays 3-2 Updated: Jul-28-15 11:03 pm
TORONTO - Dependable pitching was no problem for the Philadelphia Phillies in their first game after trading All-Star closer Jonathan Papelbon to Washington.
- Red Sox retire Pedro Martinez's No. 45 Updated: Jul-28-15 10:48 pm
BOSTON - The script called for Jason Varitek to remain in the dugout until it was time for the ceremonial first pitch.
- Yankees post 11-run inning against Rangers Updated: Jul-28-15 10:17 pm
- Betts hurt attempting to catch Abreu home-run drive Updated: Jul-28-15 9:58 pm
BOSTON - Red Sox center fielder Mookie Betts was injured in the sixth inning when he tumbled into Boston's bullpen while attempting to catch a drive by Jose Abreu of the Chicago White Sox that went for a home run.
- Tampa Bay trades DeJesus to Angels Updated: Jul-28-15 9:38 pm
- Rockies call up 2 relievers, shortstop to round out roster Updated: Jul-28-15 8:56 pm
- Travis leaves with sore left shoulder Updated: Jul-28-15 8:29 pm
TORONTO - Toronto Blue Jays infielder Devon Travis left Tuesday night's game against Philadelphia after two innings with a sore left shoulder.
- Jays add 'best' shortstop in All-Star Troy Tulowitzki Updated: Jul-28-15 3:20 pm
TORONTO - It seemed the Toronto Blue Jays needed to add starting pitching to help their playoff push. Instead, they traded for a superstar shortstop.
- Rockies, Blue Jays swap star shortstops Updated: Jul-28-15 12:38 pm
- Rockies trade star SS Troy Tulowitzki, lose 9-8 to Cubs Updated: Jul-28-15 5:08 am
CHICAGO - The Colorado Rockies used a four-run rally to take the lead in the top of the ninth, only to fall short when they gave up a two-run homer in the bottom of the inning.
- Kelly struggles again as Red Sox fall to White Sox Updated: Jul-28-15 12:35 am
BOSTON - Joe Kelly's return to the rotation isn't going very well.
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox for stretch run Updated: Jul-28-15 12:18 am
- White Sox outlast Red Sox 10-8 Updated: Jul-28-15 12:15 am
BOSTON - Adam Eaton was given some unusual advice on what to do between at-bats in his first appearance as a designated hitter.
- Birthday bash: Alex Rodriguez homers on 40th birthday Updated: Jul-27-15 10:24 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - Alex Rodriguez is hitting home runs in his 40s, just like he did as a teenager.
- Correction: Hall of Fame Inductions story Updated: Jul-27-15 9:25 pm
COOPERSTOWN, New York - In a story July 26 about the Baseball Hall of Fame, The Associated Press reported erroneously that John Smoltz was the first player inducted into the Hall of Fame who had undergone Tommy John surgery. Smoltz was the first pitcher to enter the Hall who had the operation.
- Boston 1B Napoli ejected by HP ump Updated: Jul-27-15 8:00 pm
BOSTON - Red Sox first baseman Mike Napoli has been ejected by home plate umpire Toby Basner.
- Former Oriole Markakis returns to Baltimore with Braves Updated: Jul-27-15 7:11 pm
BALTIMORE - Sitting in the visiting dugout at Camden Yards, Nick Markakis felt at home and a bit out of place at the same time.
- Ortiz has 2 HRs, career-high 7 RBIs as Red Sox rout Tigers Updated: Jul-27-15 12:39 am
BOSTON - David Ortiz was touched by watching the Hall of Fame induction speeches. He then went out and added another big night to his illustrious career.