- Pitcher Gavin Floyd agrees to $1M, 1-year deal with Toronto Updated: Feb-08-16 12:54 pm
TORONTO - Right-hander Gavin Floyd and the Toronto Blue Jays have agreed to a $1 million, one-year contract.
- Jesse Chavez beats Blue Jays in arbitration, awarded $4M Updated: Feb-06-16 1:40 pm
PHOENIX - Pitcher Jesse Chavez defeated the Toronto Blue Jays in salary arbitration, improving players to 3-0 this year in cases that went to hearings.
- Orioles LHP Britton accepts 1-year deal, avoids arbitration Updated: Feb-05-16 7:39 pm
BALTIMORE - Orioles closer Zach Britton has agreed to terms on a $6.75 million contract for 2016, avoiding arbitration.
- Kozma, Pestano, Swarzak sign minor league deals with Yanks Updated: Feb-05-16 2:57 pm
NEW YORK - While the New York Yankees have not signed any free agents to major league contracts, they announced 15 minor league deals Friday.
- David Aardsma agrees to minor league contract with Blue Jays Updated: Feb-05-16 11:42 am
Pitcher David Aardsma has agreed to a minor league contract with the Toronto Blue Jays and will report to big league spring training.
- Orioles, LHP Matusz agree to $3.9 million, 1-year contract Updated: Feb-04-16 8:00 pm
BALTIMORE - The Orioles have reached agreement with left-hander Brian Matusz on a $3.9 million, one-year contract, avoiding arbitration.
- Orioles get RHP Despaigne from Padres for minor leaguer Updated: Feb-04-16 3:17 pm
- Troubled bar near Fenway Park closing for good Updated: Feb-04-16 7:22 am
BOSTON - A popular bar near Fenway Park that's been the site of several violent incidents, including a fatal shooting in November, is shutting down for good.
- Smyly and Rays argue 1st MLB salary arbitration case of year Updated: Feb-03-16 8:17 pm
PHOENIX - Drew Smyly and the Tampa Bay Rays have argued baseball's first salary arbitration case this year.
- Blue Jays will have dirt infield in time for coming season Updated: Feb-03-16 7:03 pm
TORONTO - The Blue Jays are installing a dirt infield at the Rogers Centre for the first time but say it is too early to determine whether they would replace artificial turf with grass in some future season.
- Mets trade outfielder Darrell Ceciliani to Toronto Blue Jays Updated: Feb-02-16 3:13 pm
- Yanks 1B Greg Bird to have season-ending shoulder surgery Updated: Feb-01-16 5:17 pm
NEW YORK - Yankees first baseman Greg Bird, who displayed a powerful swing after making his major league debut last August, will miss this season because of a damaged right shoulder that needs surgery.
- Rays get OF Dickerson from Rockies for reliever McGee Updated: Jan-28-16 11:12 pm
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - Colorado's crowded outfield just wasn't big enough for Corey Dickerson.
- Ivan Nova and Yankees agree to $4.1 million, 1-year contract Updated: Jan-28-16 3:11 pm
NEW YORK - Pitcher Ivan Nova and the New York Yankees have agreed to a $4.1 million, one-year contract and avoided salary arbitration.
- Orioles get OF Efren Navarro from Angels for cash Updated: Jan-26-16 4:52 pm
- LA Angels claim INF Ronald Torreyes off waivers from Yankees Updated: Jan-25-16 5:31 pm
- Ramirez says he's ready to play 1B, even as he eyes DH spot Updated: Jan-23-16 5:05 pm
MASHANTUCKET, Connecticut - Hanley Ramirez doesn't expect any setbacks playing another new position with the Boston Red Sox this season.
- Davis signs for 7 years, $161 million with Orioles Updated: Jan-22-16 11:21 am
BALTIMORE - Chris Davis slipped on the Orioles jersey with No. 19 on it, smiled broadly and said, "Feels familiar."
- With Ortiz retiring, Red Sox prepping youth for future Updated: Jan-21-16 10:02 pm
BOSTON - The Boston Red Sox want to send Big Papi out as a winner.
- MLB unsure of timing in Chapman, Puig and Reyes probes Updated: Jan-21-16 4:39 pm
- MLB commissioner says NL teams may be more receptive to DH Updated: Jan-21-16 4:04 pm
- Prosecutor: No charges against pitcher Aroldis Chapman Updated: Jan-21-16 2:13 pm
DAVIE, Florida - Florida prosecutors have decided not to file charges in a domestic disturbance case involving New York Yankees pitcher Aroldis Chapman and his girlfriend.
- Tazawa, Red Sox agree at $3,375,000, avoid arbitration Updated: Jan-20-16 9:34 pm
BOSTON - Junichi Tazawa and the Boston Red Sox have avoided salary arbitration, agreeing to a one-year contract worth $3,375,000.
- Steinbrenner: Chapman innocent until proven otherwise Updated: Jan-20-16 6:21 pm
CORAL GABLES, Florida - Yankees owner Hal Steinbrenner says reliever Aroldis Chapman is "innocent until proven otherwise."
- Marlins' peace with Boras pays off in signing of Chen Updated: Jan-19-16 7:31 pm
MIAMI - Wei-Yin Chen posed in his new Miami Marlins jersey, flanked on one side by his agent, Scott Boras, and on the other by team executives as everyone smiled for the clicking cameras.