- Boston's David Ortiz starting at 1st base Updated: Jul-05-15 12:54 pm
BOSTON - David Ortiz will be using his glove to start a game in Fenway Park for the first time in nearly 10 years.
- Teixeira's double sparks Yanks to 3-2 walk-off win over Rays Updated: Jul-04-15 10:03 pm
NEW YORK - Mark Teixeira turned on a 94 mph fastball from Brad Boxberger and hit a sharp grounder between the diving bodies of James Loney, positioned just off first base, and second baseman Jake Elmore, about 15 feet from the foul line, in short right field.
- Pain in the neck: Astros lose 6-1 to Red Sox, streak snapped Updated: Jul-04-15 7:51 pm
BOSTON - Pablo Sandoval made a running catch of a foul pop and began tumbling over the railing into the Houston dugout when pitcher Vincent Velasquez reached out to help brace his fall.
- Orioles finally score still lose to White Sox 3-2 Updated: Jul-04-15 7:28 pm
CHICAGO - The Baltimore Orioles ended their lengthy scoreless streak. What could have been their biggest hit was stolen in the ninth inning.
- Garcia robs Davis in 9th, White Sox hold off Orioles 3-2 Updated: Jul-04-15 7:27 pm
CHICAGO - The last-place Chicago White Sox got the big hit. Then they got the big catch. Now they've won four straight.
- Boxberger 9th-inning error sinks Rays in 3-2 loss to Yankees Updated: Jul-04-15 7:04 pm
NEW YORK - Brad Boxberger picked up the ball on a ninth-inning bunt and threw wildly to first. By the time second baseman Jake Elmore's throw reached home, the Tampa Bay Rays' losing streak had stretched to seven games.
- Buchholz tosses complete game, Red Sox beat Astros 6-1 Updated: Jul-04-15 6:09 pm
BOSTON - Clay Buchholz knew he had it going right away.
- Dickey struggles against Tigers as Blue Jays fall 8-3 Updated: Jul-04-15 5:54 pm
DETROIT - R.A. Dickey knew he was in trouble by the third pitch of Saturday's game.
- Martinez homers to back Price as Tigers beat Blue Jays 8-3 Updated: Jul-04-15 5:45 pm
DETROIT - The Detroit Tigers know that in the long run, Miguel Cabrera is impossible to replace.
- Orioles keep Gausman in rotation, move Norris to bullpen Updated: Jul-04-15 2:57 pm
- Andrew Miller could be back with Yankees soon Updated: Jul-04-15 1:36 pm
NEW YORK - Injured closer Andrew Miller threw 30 pitches in a bullpen session and could soon return to the New York Yankees.
- Rays bring up Teaford, send down Riefenhauser Updated: Jul-04-15 1:05 pm
NEW YORK - Wanting to have a long reliever in the bullpen after a pair of extra-inning games, the Tampa Bay Rays selected the contract of left-hander Everett Teaford from Durham of the Triple-A International League.
- Red Sox recall RHP Wright; option RHP Ramirez Updated: Jul-04-15 12:26 pm
BOSTON - The Red Sox have bolstered their bullpen by recalling right-hander Steven Wright from Triple-A Pawtucket on Saturday.
- Tough MLB debut for Noe Ramirez; Astros beat Sox 12-8 in 10 Updated: Jul-04-15 1:17 am
BOSTON - The bullpen door opened and Noe Ramirez jogged into a major league game for first time in his career.
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hit bid with one out in 8th Updated: Jul-03-15 9:36 pm
DETROIT - Tigers right-hander Anibal Sanchez lost his bid for a no-hitter when Toronto's Ezequiel Carrera singled with one out in the eighth inning Friday night.
- Cabrera leaves Tigers' game with strained left calf Updated: Jul-03-15 8:53 pm
DETROIT - Miguel Cabrera left Friday's game against the Toronto Blue Jays in the fourth inning with a strained left calf.
- A-Rod, Yanks settle dispute, he gets ball from 3,000th hit Updated: Jul-03-15 8:40 pm
NEW YORK - Alex Rodriguez and the Yankees settled their dispute over a marketing payment with a deal announced Friday that gives $3.5 million to charitable groups, saves the team $5.5 million and gets A-Rod the home run ball from his 3,000th hit.
- Carlos Beltran on DL, CC Sabathia start pushed back Updated: Jul-03-15 8:14 pm
NEW YORK - The New York Yankees placed Carlos Beltran on the 15-day disabled list Friday because a strained left oblique muscle, and they pushed CC Sabathia's next start back three days so he can work on fixing some pitching problems.
- Rays activate first baseman James Loney from DL Updated: Jul-03-15 6:36 pm
NEW YORK - The Tampa Bay Rays have activated first baseman James Loney from the 15-day disabled list and inserted him into the cleanup spot for their game against the New York Yankees.
- Queen City crew: Sending All-Stars young and old to Cincy Updated: Jul-03-15 11:22 am
NEW YORK - Anyone still ranting about the online election that put five Kansas City Royals in position to start the All-Star Game, the following is for you.
- Rays acquire minor league pitcher from Braves Updated: Jul-03-15 1:29 am
- Red Sox use 8-run first to beat Jays 12-6 Updated: Jul-02-15 11:59 pm
TORONTO - Wade Miley warmed up in the bullpen, then he waited nearly half an hour to take the mound for the bottom of the first inning.
- Rangers score 2 in 9th to beat Orioles 2-0 Updated: Jul-02-15 11:09 pm
- Jays starter Boyd leaves without recording an out Updated: Jul-02-15 7:57 pm
TORONTO - Blue Jays starter Matt Boyd didn't record an out in his second big league start Thursday, leaving after the first seven Red Sox batters reached safely in the first inning.
- Ellsbury gets day off from rehab assignment Updated: Jul-02-15 7:39 pm
CLEARWATER, Florida - New York Yankees outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury got his second day off this week while rehabilitating a sprained right knee with the Class A Tampa.