- Orioles' untimely skid severely damages their playing hopes Updated: Sep-03-15 3:13 pm
BALTIMORE - The Baltimore Orioles were right in the middle of the AL playoff race until plummeting into an inexplicable nosedive that negated everything they accomplished over the first 4 1/2 months of the season.
- Rays blow 2 leads and fall 7-6 to Orioles in 11 innings Updated: Sep-03-15 12:16 am
- Davis' HR in 11th inning gives Orioles 7-6 win over Rays Updated: Sep-02-15 11:57 pm
BALTIMORE - The music in the clubhouse was cranked to a deafening level, and almost everyone in the room was either laughing or wearing a broad smile.
- Floyd returns from injury but Indians lose 5-1 to Jays Updated: Sep-02-15 11:27 pm
TORONTO - On a rough night for the Indians, Gavin Floyd's return gave everyone a something to smile about.
- Fan injured at Fenway Park expected to leave hospital Updated: Sep-02-15 10:14 pm
BOSTON - The Boston Red Sox say a fan who was injured at Fenway Park trying to catch a foul ball is expected to be released from a hospital Wednesday night.
- Dickey throws 4-hitter, Jays beat Indians 5-1 Updated: Sep-02-15 10:02 pm
- Owens tagged in Boston's 13-8 loss to New York Updated: Sep-02-15 9:03 pm
BOSTON - The Red Sox starters were due for a bad outing. And rookie lefty Henry Owens had a real bad one.
- Chewing tobacco ban at Fenway, other Boston ballparks OK'd Updated: Sep-02-15 7:04 pm
BOSTON - A ban on smokeless tobacco products at Fenway Park and other Boston sports venues was approved Wednesday by the City Council.
- Sinking Orioles extend skid with 11-2 loss to Rays Updated: Sep-01-15 11:52 pm
BALTIMORE - Time is running out on the Baltimore Orioles in their bid for another playoff appearance.
- Ripken honored by Orioles in celebration of 2131 game Updated: Sep-01-15 7:47 pm
BALTIMORE - Instead of taking another lap around Camden Yards, Cal Ripken Jr. marked the 20th anniversary of his 2,131st consecutive game by throwing out the ceremonial first pitch before the Orioles hosted Tampa Bay on Tuesday night.
- OF Chris Heisey returns to Dodgers in deal with Toronto Updated: Sep-01-15 5:51 pm
LOS ANGELES - The Dodgers acquired outfielder Chris Heisey from the Toronto Blue Jays in exchange for a player to be named later or cash considerations in a minor league deal.
- Giants acquire OF De Aza in trade with Red Sox Updated: Sep-01-15 1:21 am
- Yankees strand 14 in 4-3 loss to Red Sox Updated: Sep-01-15 12:20 am
BOSTON - Didi Gregorius' fly ball was hit in the wrong ballpark.
- Price loses for first time with Jays as Indians win 4-2 Updated: Sep-01-15 12:09 am
TORONTO - Six starts into his tenure with the Toronto Blue Jays, David Price tasted defeat for the first time.
- Female fan hit by McCann's bat Updated: Aug-31-15 10:02 pm
BOSTON - New York Yankees catcher Brian McCann's bat slipped out of his hands and hit a female fan near the Boston Red Sox dugout in the seventh inning of Monday night's game.
- Machado gets 1st major league start at SS for struggling O's Updated: Aug-31-15 6:15 pm
BALTIMORE - Manny Machado will start at shortstop for the first time in his major league career when the Orioles host Tampa Bay on Monday night.
- Rays minor leaguer suspended 50 games for drug violation Updated: Aug-31-15 6:13 pm
NEW YORK - A minor league outfielder for the Tampa Bay Rays has been suspended 50 games for a drug violation.
- AP Newsbreak: Blue Jays would 'love' to keep general manager Updated: Aug-31-15 5:10 pm
TORONTO - The ownership of the Toronto Blue Jays said Monday it would "love" to keep general manager Alex Anthopoulos and has been in discussions about extending his contract.
- Yankees send injured 1B Teixeira home for more tests Updated: Aug-31-15 5:00 pm
BOSTON - The Yankees have sent first baseman Mark Teixeira back to New York for further tests on his bruised right shin.
- Indians President Mark Shapiro is bound for Blue Jays Updated: Aug-31-15 4:51 pm
CLEVELAND - As his throat clogged with emotion, Mark Shapiro avoided making eye contact with his wife and two kids so he wouldn't break down crying.
- NYC's first fan: A ballgame with Mayor Bill de Blasio Updated: Aug-31-15 6:27 am
NEW YORK - He sat in the upper deck, basically unrecognized amid a sea of happy baseball fans. He let out a cheer when the best hitter on his favorite team smoked a home run and diligently scanned the out-of-town scoreboard to consider playoff implications. And he waited his turn in the long Citi Field men's room line, just one more fan spending a hot summer day watching the Mets and the Red Sox play.
- Flores helps Mets surge in fascinating deadline postscript Updated: Aug-31-15 2:57 am
For the New York Mets, August has been like a dream, and nothing sums up their charmed life better than the saga of Wilmer Flores.
- Guyer, Kiermaier hit HRs help Rays beat Royals 3-2 Updated: Aug-30-15 10:06 pm
- Indians owner Paul Dolan looking for minority investor Updated: Aug-30-15 10:04 pm
CLEVELAND - Indians owner Paul Dolan is looking for a minority investment partner for his franchise.
- Cubs don 1-piece pajamas at end of West Coast trip Updated: Aug-30-15 8:35 pm
LOS ANGELES - With the Cubs wrapping up a six-game West Coast trip, it was time for manager Joe Maddon to break out the pajamas.