- Tanaka strong in return, Yankees sweep Seattle with 3-1 win Updated: Jun-03-15 7:21 pm
SEATTLE - In an effort not to overstress his arm, the goal was to get New York Yankees starter Masahiro Tanaka into the sixth inning in 80 pitches in his return from the disabled list.
- Twins fail to take advantage of chances, lose to Red Sox 6-3 Updated: Jun-03-15 6:41 pm
BOSTON - The first-place Minnesota Twins didn't have many opportunities against Boston pitchers. And they failed to capitalize on two they got.
- Red Sox acquire OF Alejandro De Aza from Orioles Updated: Jun-03-15 6:20 pm
- Rookie LHP Rodriguez dominant as Red Sox top Twins 6-3 Updated: Jun-03-15 5:55 pm
BOSTON - Eduardo Rodriguez was supposed to return to the minors after his major league debut. He's not about to go back after his second straight brilliant start for the Red Sox.
- Yankees designate Carpenter to clear spot for Tanaka Updated: Jun-03-15 3:57 pm
- Mariners give up tying run in 9th, lose to Yankees in 11 Updated: Jun-03-15 4:11 am
- Angels struck out 15 times by Rays' Archer in 6-1 loss Updated: Jun-03-15 2:30 am
ANAHEIM, California - Albert Pujols was the only hitter in the Los Angeles Angels' lineup who found Chris Archer's pitches to his liking. One of them resulted in his 534th career home run, which tied Jimmie Foxx for 17th place on the all-time list.
- Archer ties Rays record with 15 Ks in 6-1 win over Angels Updated: Jun-03-15 1:57 am
ANAHEIM, California - Chris Archer was in the zone in more ways than one, toying with the Los Angeles Angels' hitters with his fastball and slider to a point where they didn't know what to swing at. And when they did, they usually missed.
- Scherzer tagged by Pillar; Nationals-Blue Jays split DH Updated: Jun-03-15 12:38 am
WASHINGTON - One common theme emerged from the Nationals and Blue Jays clubhouses following the second game of their day-night doubleheader: Surprise.
- Astros rally for another win, 6-4 over Baltimore Updated: Jun-03-15 12:24 am
HOUSTON - Baltimore rookie Mike Wright was great in the first two starts of his career.
- Astros rally for another win, 6-4 over Baltimore Updated: Jun-03-15 12:11 am
HOUSTON - Houston starter Collin McHugh didn't get down after giving up four runs in the second inning.
- Pillar homers twice, Blue Jays earn DH split with Nationals Updated: Jun-02-15 10:27 pm
- Red Sox owner John Henry 'very disappointed' Updated: Jun-02-15 6:53 pm
BOSTON - Red Sox owner John Henry says watching Boston play this year is "painful."
- Rays minor leaguer suspended 50 games for amphetamine Updated: Jun-02-15 5:51 pm
NEW YORK - A minor league player in the Tampa Bay Rays' organization has been suspended 50 games after testing positive for an amphetamine.
- Blue Jays activate Navarro; send Thole to minors Updated: Jun-02-15 5:34 pm
- Colome gives up 3 HRs in Rays' loss to Angels Updated: Jun-02-15 4:17 am
ANAHEIM, California - Rookie Alex Colome ran into trouble against the power-hitting Los Angeles Angels.
- Capuano will go to Yankees' bullpen when Tanaka returns Updated: Jun-01-15 8:32 pm
- Indians walk to a win, outlast Mariners in 12 innings Updated: May-31-15 10:38 pm
- Souza homers again, leads Odorizzi, Rays over Orioles Updated: May-31-15 10:05 pm
BALTIMORE - This was payback for all the times Jake Odorizzi pitched brilliantly without getting a win to show for it.
- Red Sox falter in 9th, lose 4-3 to drop series at Texas Updated: May-31-15 8:57 pm
- Hamilton pinch-hit double gives Rangers 4-3 win over Red Sox Updated: May-31-15 8:20 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - Josh Hamilton was watching from the bench for the first time since rejoining the Texas Rangers.
- Blue Jays drop another close game, fall to Twins 6-5 Updated: May-31-15 8:06 pm
- Chavez shuts down Yankees to lead Athletics to 3-0 win Updated: May-31-15 8:05 pm
OAKLAND, California - The way Jesse Chavez was dealing, Stephen Vogt knew Oakland didn't need much offense to give him a much-needed win. That hasn't been so easy for the Athletics to do this season.
- Hunter's go-ahead double lifts Twins over Blue Jays 6-5 Updated: May-31-15 7:45 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Forgive the Minnesota Twins if they wish May wasn't ending. After four 90-loss seasons, winning 20 games in a month for the first time since 1991 feels pretty good.
- Red Sox re-sign Bianchi, send Ross back to Triple-A Updated: May-31-15 2:11 pm