- The longest-tenured players from the 4 major US pro sports Updated: Dec-01-15 2:16 am
Kobe Bryant has announced that this season, his 20th with the Los Angeles Lakers, will be his last. Bryant is the first NBA player to spend that many years with one franchise, though it's not completely uncommon across the other pro sports in the United States.
- Happ's $36M, 3-year deal with Jays is back-loaded Updated: Nov-30-15 1:37 pm
TORONTO - J.A. Happ's deal with the Toronto Blue Jays is slightly back-loaded.
- Diamondbacks name Magadan hitting coach Updated: Nov-25-15 2:54 pm
PHOENIX - The Arizona Diamondbacks have hired Dave Magadan as their hitting coach.
- A's acquire Jed Lowrie from Astros for minor league reliever Updated: Nov-25-15 2:07 pm
OAKLAND, California - Infielder Jed Lowrie is returning to Oakland after a one-year stay in Houston.
- Dodgers hire Dave Roberts as team's 1st minority manager Updated: Nov-23-15 10:27 pm
LOS ANGELES - Dave Roberts overcame long odds during his playing days in the major leagues and survived a bout with cancer in recent years. He had no managerial experience when he went after the vacant Los Angeles Dodgers' job.
- Schilling subpoena approved, but it's not clear he'll get it Updated: Nov-23-15 5:11 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A subpoena was approved Monday compelling former Boston Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling to appear before a committee probing Rhode Island's $75 million deal with his failed video game company. But the subpoena is not enforceable outside the state and Schilling lives in neighboring Massachusetts, so it's unclear whether he will ever be served with it.
- Almonte lifts Aguilas Cibaenas past Cardenales de Lara Updated: Nov-23-15 12:10 am
MIAMI - Zoilo Almonte broke a tie with a two-run single in the top of the ninth inning to lead Aguilas Cibaenas to a 4-3 victory over Cardenales de Lara on Sunday night in the championship game of the inaugural Serie de las Americas professional baseball tournament at Marlins Park.
- A's get Hendriks from Blue Jays for Chavez Updated: Nov-20-15 8:12 pm
- Rays claim RHP Chase Whitley off waivers from Yankees Updated: Nov-20-15 5:53 pm
- NL's Harper youngest unanimous MVP; Donaldson earns AL honor Updated: Nov-19-15 8:56 pm
NEW YORK - Bryce Harper began this season with one personal goal - and it had nothing to do with homers, RBIs or awards.
- Lawyer: Suit over A-Rod's legal fees settled Updated: Nov-19-15 7:00 pm
NEW YORK - A lawyer says his firm has settled its lawsuit accusing New York Yankees star Alex Rodriguez of failing to pay legal bills stemming from the Biogenesis scandal.
- Jays' Devon Travis has shoulder surgery, out 16-to-20 weeks Updated: Nov-18-15 6:00 pm
TORONTO - Blue Jays second baseman Devon Travis has undergone surgery on his left shoulder and will be sidelined 16-to -20 weeks.
- Red Sox DH Ortiz to retire after 2016 season Updated: Nov-18-15 3:52 pm
BOSTON - Red Sox slugger David Ortiz, Boston's beloved "Big Papi" who helped the cursed franchise end its dynasty of disappointment and cursed out the bombers who attacked his adopted city, said on Wednesday he will play one more year before retiring.
- Mike Harkey returns to Yankees as bullpen coach Updated: Nov-16-15 6:04 pm
NEW YORK - Mike Harkey is returning to the New York Yankees as bullpen coach after two seasons as Arizona's pitching coach.
- Rasmus, Wieters, Anderson accept qualifying offers Updated: Nov-14-15 12:26 am
NEW YORK - Houston outfielder Colby Rasmus, Baltimore catcher Matt Wieters and Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Brett Anderson became the first three players to accept qualifying offers from their teams rather than remain free agents, and Boston obtained closer Craig Kimbrel from San Diego.
- Boston gets closer Kimbrel from Padres for 4 prospects Updated: Nov-14-15 12:17 am
- Estrada and Blue Jays agree to $26 million, 2-year contract Updated: Nov-13-15 6:36 pm
TORONTO - Free agent right-hander Marco Estrada agreed Friday to a $26 million, two-year contract to remain with the Toronto Blue Jays.
- Rays would be team if MLB plays Cuba game in spring training Updated: Nov-13-15 6:18 pm
- Wieters accepts Orioles' qualifying offer to return in '16 Updated: Nov-13-15 6:00 pm
BALTIMORE - Matt Wieters thought long and hard about being a free agent. Ultimately, the catcher's comfort-level with his current situation was more important that striving for a bigger payday.
- For Hicks, criticism by Twins in 2014 was wakeup call Updated: Nov-12-15 3:36 pm
BOCA RATON, Florida - Aaron Hicks was hitting .161 for the Minnesota Twins 1 1/2 months into the 2015 season when manager Ron Gardenhire and assistant general manager Rob Antony took the unusual step of criticizing him publicly.
- Warwick mayor renews pitch for Pawtucket Red Sox Updated: Nov-12-15 12:07 pm
WARWICK, Rhode Island - Warwick is renewing its pitch for the Pawtucket Red Sox.
- Yankees acquire Hicks from Twins, trade Pirela to Padres Updated: Nov-11-15 5:43 pm
BOCA RATON, Florida - Yankees general manager Brian Cashman followed through on his vow to aggressively transform his team this offseason, acquiring switch-hitting outfielder Aaron Hicks from Minnesota for catcher John Ryan Murphy on Wednesday and dealing infielder Jose Pirela to San Diego for a minor league pitcher.
- Playoff teams figure winning helps them in free agency Updated: Nov-11-15 3:03 am
BOCA RATON, Florida - Now that they're playoff teams for a change, the Blue Jays, Cubs and Mets believe they can make a winning sales pitch to free agents.
- Baseball writers announce finalists for major awards Updated: Nov-10-15 9:27 pm
NEW YORK - Washington Nationals slugger Bryce Harper is one of three finalists for the NL MVP award from teams that failed to make the playoffs.
- Girardi says trades possible, even with Yanks' bullpen Updated: Nov-10-15 7:43 pm
NEW YORK - With the New York Yankees locked into players at most positions, trades are a possibility.