- Yanks still chasing home-field edge after 9-2 loss to O's Updated: Oct-03-15 3:46 pm
BALTIMORE - Yankees starter Ivan Nova allowed five runs in another shaky outing and New York failed to wrap up home field for the AL wild-card game, losing 9-2 to the Baltimore Orioles on Saturday in the opener of a split-doubleheader.
- Ortiz homers in return but Red Sox lose 8-2 to Indians Updated: Oct-03-15 1:22 am
CLEVELAND - The wind was blowing in hard as Northeast Ohio felt the effects of Hurricane Joaquin. It made no difference to David Ortiz, whose two-run homer rocketed through the strong gusts.
- Rays clinch losing season with loss to Blue Jays Updated: Oct-03-15 12:20 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - The Tampa Bay Rays, and especially Brandon Guyer, got knocked around Friday night and fell to Toronto 8-4, saddling the Rays with their second straight losing season.
- Tulowitzki returns, AL East champ Blue Jays rally past Rays Updated: Oct-02-15 10:38 pm
- Tomlin pitches into 7th as Indians beat Red Sox 8-2 Updated: Oct-02-15 10:21 pm
- Yankees-Orioles game called by rain; will play 2 on Saturday Updated: Oct-02-15 6:28 pm
BALTIMORE - The New York Yankees might have a busy weekend before getting a one-day break ahead of the playoffs.
- Tulowitzki in Blue Jays' lineup against Rays Updated: Oct-02-15 3:49 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Troy Tulowitzki is listed in the Toronto Blue Jays' starting lineup for their game against the Tampa Bay Rays.
- Yankees clinch playoff spot after 2-year absence, top Boston Updated: Oct-02-15 3:13 pm
NEW YORK - CC Sabathia stood near his locker in the back of the oval Yankees clubhouse while excited teammates celebrated New York's return to the postseason.
- Machado hits 2 HRs to lead Orioles over Blue Jays 6-4 Updated: Oct-01-15 8:39 pm
BALTIMORE - With a display of power and speed, Manny Machado put his name in the Orioles record book and helped Baltimore come away with a victory after a long day at the ballpark.
- AL East champ Blue Jays rest starters in rainy loss to O's Updated: Oct-01-15 7:51 pm
BALTIMORE - As the regular season winds to a close, John Gibbons must make choices that no Toronto Blue Jays manager has faced over the past two decades.
- Don Orsillo signs deal to broadcast Padres games Updated: Sep-30-15 7:28 pm
SAN DIEGO - Don Orsillo has landed with the San Diego Padres after being ousted as the Boston Red Sox's television play-by-play voice.
- Blue Jays-Orioles game Thursday moved to 12:05 p.m. Updated: Sep-30-15 2:43 pm
- Tampa Bay Rays owner Stuart Sternberg still a Mets fan Updated: Sep-30-15 12:34 pm
- Prime ministers from New Zealand, Curacao at Red Sox-Yankees Updated: Sep-29-15 10:21 pm
NEW YORK - Be it a president, king or emir, there's plenty that world leaders in town for the United Nations General Assembly can enjoy in their spare time.
- Yogi Berra remembered at funeral by family, sports royalty Updated: Sep-29-15 8:51 pm
MONTCLAIR, New Jersey - A gold catcher's mitt was placed on top of his remains. But on a day filled with stories from a lifetime in baseball, Yogi Berra was remembered for being more than one of the game's greats.
- Red Sox manager meets President Barack Obama at hotel gym Updated: Sep-29-15 8:51 pm
NEW YORK - Just like any other morning on a Boston Red Sox road trip, interim manager Torey Lovullo woke up Tuesday and headed for the gym at the team hotel.
- Blue Jays-Orioles postponed by rain, will play DH Wednesday Updated: Sep-29-15 6:52 pm
- Donaldson hits 41st HR with 2 outs in 9th, Toronto tops Rays Updated: Sep-27-15 8:42 pm
TORONTO - Josh Donaldson made certain Toronto's home finale ended on a high note - a high drive over the wall, that is.
- Severino leads Yankees to win over White Sox Updated: Sep-27-15 6:09 pm
NEW YORK - Dustin Ackley was a surprise trade-deadline acquisition by New York, arriving in a season-long slump with few credentials to support the early hype of a No. 2 overall draft pick. Then he got hurt.
- Red Sox blank Orioles again, 2-0 Updated: Sep-27-15 4:19 pm
- Lucchino to become president and CEO emeritus of Red Sox Updated: Sep-27-15 2:35 pm
BOSTON - Larry Lucchino will become president and chief executive officer emeritus of the Boston Red Sox when he steps down next month.
- Schilling set to return to ESPN for postseason coverage Updated: Sep-27-15 12:40 pm
LOUDON, New Hampshire - Curt Schilling is headed back to television for ESPN.
- Boston's Big Papi reflects on strong year despite team woes Updated: Sep-27-15 12:27 pm
BOSTON - David Ortiz heard the chatter early in the year, questioning what he had left, and responded with another strong season.
- White Sox eliminated with 2-1 loss to Yankees Updated: Sep-26-15 9:51 pm
NEW YORK - The Chicago White Sox have been over .500 for just one day this season, when they were 18-17 in mid-May. It has been clear for weeks that they would not reach the playoffs, so there was little suspense when they were mathematically eliminated Saturday with a 2-1 loss to the New York Yankees.
- It's complicated, but Blue Jays finally end playoff drought Updated: Sep-26-15 1:20 pm
TORONTO - Confusion, yes. Champagne, no.