- Pineda struggles again as Yankees lose 9-5 to Rays Updated: May-28-16 9:36 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - The New York Yankees say they are not yet ready to drop struggling Michael Pineda from their starting rotation.
- Jimenez struggles again, Orioles make 4 errors in loss Updated: May-28-16 9:20 pm
CLEVELAND - There was a time when Ubaldo Jimenez was comfortable on the mound at Progressive Field.
- Mets find help at first base, get Loney in trade with Padres Updated: May-28-16 9:19 pm
NEW YORK - The Mets found some help at first base following Lucas Duda's injury, acquiring veteran James Loney from the San Diego Padres for cash on Saturday.
- Gomes, Salazar lead Indians past Orioles 11-4 Updated: May-28-16 8:58 pm
- Longoria's homer, 4 RBIs off Pineda lead Rays over Yanks 9-5 Updated: May-28-16 8:39 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Facing the New York Yankees, Evan Longoria broke out of a mini-slump.
- Blue Jays rally to walk off against Red Sox, 10-9 Updated: May-28-16 7:13 pm
TORONTO - With two outs in the bottom of the ninth, the Toronto Blue Jays' repeated comeback efforts on Saturday were starting to look like they might come up agonizingly short.
- Reliable Kimbrel gives up 2-run lead in Blue Jays rally Updated: May-28-16 7:12 pm
TORONTO - On his 28th birthday, usually reliable Boston Red Sox closer Craig Kimbrel was perfectly positioned to kick off the celebrations with his first win of the season on Saturday.
- Blue Jays place Tulowitzki on DL with right quad strain Updated: May-28-16 2:54 pm
TORONTO - The Toronto Blue Jays have placed Troy Tulowitzki on the 15-day disabled list with a right quad injury.
- McAllister stumbles, Indians lose 6-4 to Orioles Updated: May-28-16 12:08 am
CLEVELAND - It took the Indians several hours to dig out of a three-run hole. Zach McAllister only needed three batters to create another one.
- 1 bad inning costs Archer and Rays in 4-1 loss to Yankees Updated: May-27-16 11:35 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Chris Archer impressed the New York Yankees even in a loss.
- Red Sox move struggling RHP Clay Buchholz to bullpen Updated: May-27-16 6:06 pm
TORONTO - Struggling Red Sox pitcher Clay Buchholz is being moved to the bullpen and left-hander Eduardo Rodriguez will take Buchholz's spot in the rotation, starting Tuesday at Baltimore.
- Bautista's 1-game suspension upheld, will sit out Friday Updated: May-27-16 5:00 pm
TORONTO - Blue Jays slugger Jose Bautista has had his one-game suspension upheld by Major League Baseball and will serve his penalty Friday, missing Toronto's home game against the Boston Red Sox.
- Bradley's hitting streak over, Bogaerts' still alive Updated: May-27-16 1:04 am
BOSTON - Jackie Bradley Jr. of the Boston Red Sox had his hitting streak ended at 29 games on Thursday night and teammate Xander Bogaerts took over the mantle of the longest current streak in the majors by keeping his alive at 19 games.
- Springer homers twice as Astros beat Orioles 4-2 Updated: May-27-16 12:55 am
HOUSTON - With his team having already set the major league record for strikeouts in a three-game series, adding more to the pile was the last thing on Houston Astros reliever Ken Giles' mind.
- Bradley's hit streak ends as Red Sox fall 8-2 to Rockies Updated: May-27-16 12:10 am
BOSTON - The Boston Red Sox have been an offensive wonder over the past month, leaving a wake of hits, runs and wins that have become the marvel of baseball to this point.
- Rockies' homers silence Red Sox, Bradley's hit streak, 8-2 Updated: May-26-16 11:35 pm
BOSTON - Jon Gray walked into Fenway Park on Thursday just a week removed from the worst pitching performance of his young career.
- Happ pitches Blue Jays past Yankees, Sabathia in 3-1 win Updated: May-26-16 9:32 pm
NEW YORK - In between retiring Yankees hitters, Toronto starter J.A. Happ could appreciate the moment of dueling with CC Sabathia.
- Alex Rodriguez back off DL, Mark Teixeira out for Yankees Updated: May-26-16 9:29 pm
NEW YORK - Alex Rodriguez is back and Mark Teixeira is out for the Yankees - though they hope Teixeira will miss only a few games.
- Boggs 'back home' as his No. 26 is retired at Fenway Park Updated: May-26-16 7:50 pm
BOSTON - The 'chicken man' has lost a little of the shimmer from his trademark mustache over the years, but every pilgrimage Wade Boggs makes to Fenway Park still feels like old times for the Red Sox legend.
- Marlins' Fernandez strikes out 12 Rays in sixth straight win Updated: May-26-16 6:09 pm
- Neck problem knocks Yankees 1B Teixeira out of lineup again Updated: May-26-16 12:20 am
NEW YORK - Just as one aging slugger gets ready to return to the New York Yankees, they're concerned about the health of another.
- Rockies latest victims of Boston's bats in 10-3 loss Updated: May-26-16 12:01 am
- With Tulo out, Blue Jays activate 2B Devon Travis from DL Updated: May-25-16 9:06 pm
- Ex-Red Sox player bidding to become next Vermont governor Updated: May-25-16 9:48 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - A former Major League Baseball player is running for governor in Vermont as a member of the Liberty Union party, which bills itself as nonviolent and socialist.
- Sluggers at top of order fizzle as Blue Jays lose to Yanks Updated: May-25-16 12:07 am
NEW YORK - Pushing their best hitters to the top of the batting order has not worked out yet for the Toronto Blue Jays.