- Panel: Virginia alcohol agency should retain arrest powers Updated: Sep-22-15 7:24 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - A task force appointed by Virginia's governor after a college student's bloody arrest declined Tuesday to recommend stripping the state's liquor agency of its police powers, and a state police investigation concluded that agents were not unduly aggressive when they detained him.
- The Latest: Report released on bloody U.Va. arrest Updated: Sep-22-15 6:26 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - The latest developments in the investigation into Virginia's liquor agency's arrest of Martese Johnson. All times local:
- UVA reaches agreement to end sex-assault investigation Updated: Sep-21-15 8:18 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - The University of Virginia and the Department of Education have reached an agreement over its handling of sexual assault complaints, ending a yearslong federal investigation into the school's procedures and policies, university and federal officials said Monday.
- Survey: 1 in 4 college women report unwanted sexual contact Updated: Sep-21-15 4:02 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Nearly a quarter of undergraduate women surveyed at more than two dozen universities say they experienced unwanted sexual contact sometime during college, according to a report released Monday.
- University of Virginia to request $140M more in state aid Updated: Sep-18-15 4:45 am
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - The University of Virginia will request about $140 million in additional state funding over the next two fiscal years.
- Review of debunked U.Va. gang rape to remain under wraps Updated: Sep-08-15 7:16 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - An independent review of the University of Virginia's handling of a student's gang rape allegations, graphically depicted in Rolling Stone magazine and later retracted, will not be publicly released because of student privacy concerns.