- Ryan Spooner leads Bruins past Sabres 3-2 in shootout Updated: Feb-04-16 11:49 pm
- Buffalo Sabres, cancer center launch prevention campaign Updated: Feb-04-16 3:10 am
BUFFALO, New York - The Buffalo Sabres and an upstate cancer center have announced a partnership aimed at helping hockey fans prevent and detect cancer.
- McGinn, Larsson lift Sabres past slumping Canadiens 4-2 Updated: Feb-03-16 11:29 pm
- Ryan O'Reilly making All-Star impact in 1st year in Buffalo Updated: Jan-27-16 1:50 pm
BUFFALO, New York - It's a half hour after practice, and not all of the Buffalo Sabres are off the ice. When coach Dan Bylsma's formal session ends, forward Ryan O'Reilly takes over by working a handful of teammates through a series of drills.
- Sabres enter NHL All-Star break by demoting 3 to minors Updated: Jan-27-16 12:14 pm
BUFFALO, New York - The Buffalo Sabres have assigned three forwards to the minors as the team enters its weeklong NHL All-Star break.
- Eichel scores twice, Sabres beat Senators 3-2 Updated: Jan-26-16 11:36 pm
OTTAWA, Ontario - Jack Eichel's impressive rookie season continued on Tuesday night.
- Brassard has career-high 5 points, Rangers beat Sabres 6-3 Updated: Jan-25-16 11:31 pm
NEW YORK - Derick Brassard ended a month of scoring woes with the best night by a New York Rangers' player in five years.
- Rookie Dylan Larkin leads Red Wings to 3-0 win over Sabres Updated: Jan-22-16 11:10 pm
BUFFALO, New York - Dylan Larkin took a stick to the face before taking over for the Detroit Red Wings.
- Beauchemin's late goal lifts Avalanche past Sabres, 2-1. Updated: Jan-21-16 1:51 am
DENVER - Francois Beauchemin's shot and a little luck gave the Colorado Avalanche an important victory.
- Eichel, Johnson lead Sabres to 2-1 win over Coyotes Updated: Jan-19-16 1:08 am
GLENDALE, Arizona - A year ago, the Sabres and Coyotes dismantled their rosters and began rebuilding, going through horrible seasons for a chance at one of two projected stars in the NHL draft.
- Kane and Johnson help Sabres beat Capitals and Holtby, 4-1 Updated: Jan-16-16 11:25 pm
BUFFALO, New York - Phil Varone barely slept last night and Tim Schaller hadn't scored in more than a year. Together, they helped the Buffalo Sabres hand Washington goalie Braden Holtby a rare loss.
- NHL begins domestic violence and sexual assault training Updated: Jan-15-16 2:25 am
The NHL has joined other professional leagues in mandating domestic violence, sexual assault and sexual harassment training for all of its players.
- Sabres recall goalie Lehner after 3-game conditioning stint Updated: Jan-14-16 6:15 pm
BUFFALO, New York - A late-night drive through a lake-effect snowstorm was a small sacrifice for goalie Robin Lehner in his bid to reclaim the Buffalo Sabres starting job.
- Predators place Hodgson on waivers; Oilers call up Kassian Updated: Jan-13-16 5:06 pm
Predators forward Cody Hodgson is running out of second chances, and Zack Kassian is getting another NHL shot, this time in Edmonton.
- Sabres score 3 in first, hang on to beat Minnesota 3-2 Updated: Jan-13-16 12:28 am
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - The Buffalo Sabres were having trouble scoring in the first period all season - until Tuesday night.
- Sabres defenseman Pysyk recalled after conditioning stint Updated: Jan-11-16 4:43 pm
BUFFALO, New York - Buffalo Sabres defenseman Mark Pysyk is rejoining the team after completing a conditioning assignment in the minors.
- Reinhart has hat trick, Sabres beat Jets 4-2 Updated: Jan-10-16 8:10 pm
WINNIPEG, Manitoba - Evander Kane got the last laugh.
- Blackhawks beat Sabres 3-1 for 6th straight win Updated: Jan-09-16 12:25 am
CHICAGO - Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville tried several different lines and defensive pairings in the first part of the season, searching for consistency and balance while working with several new players.