- Arizona DPS officer scuffles with motorist in Casa Grande Updated: Jul-29-15 7:13 pm
CASA GRANDE, Arizona - An Arizona Department of Public Safety officer suffered minor injuries after scuffling with a motorist who was driving a stolen vehicle.
- Department of Education launches new data system Updated: Jul-29-15 8:04 am
TUCSON, Arizona - The Arizona Department of Education has launched a new data collection system expected to save the state $57 million.
- ADOT building pedestrian underpass next to the Nogales port Updated: Jul-28-15 6:14 am
NOGALES, Arizona - The Arizona Department of Transportation is building a pedestrian underpass next to the Mariposa Port of Entry in Nogales with the expected cost of the project at more than $3 million.
- Bullhead City historic one-room, red schoolhouse to move Updated: Jul-26-15 4:02 pm
BULLHEAD CITY, Arizona - An iconic Bullhead City one-room schoolhouse is on the move.
- State high court rejects Pima County suit over tax provision Updated: Jul-25-15 5:05 am
PHOENIX - The Arizona Supreme Court has rejected a lawsuit in which Pima County sought to block a property tax provision in the state budget legislation that imposes new financial burdens on Arizona counties.
- New vehicles, titles coming to Highway Patrol officers Updated: Jul-24-15 11:37 am
PHOENIX - Officers with the Arizona Department of Public Safety's Highway Patrol are now being called "troopers" and the DPS is picking a new color scheme for patrol vehicles.
- Ducey authorizes National Guard to carry guns while on duty Updated: Jul-22-15 7:15 pm
PHOENIX - Gov. Doug Ducey has authorized Arizona National Guard members to carry firearms while on duty in response to last week's shootings at military facilities in Tennessee.
- Ducey joins Republican governors group's executive committee Updated: Jul-22-15 12:28 pm
PHOENIX - Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey is among three governors newly elected to serve on the Republican Governors Association's executive committee.
- Ducey tells agency to take steps to bar sales of fetal parts Updated: Jul-20-15 7:20 pm
PHOENIX - Gov. Doug Ducey on Monday ordered Arizona's health department to review state laws and prepare emergency rules to prohibit the illegal sale of fetal tissue in response to a secretly recorded video that has revived the abortion debate in the U.S.
- Arizona reopens I-10 section closed due to bridge collapse Updated: Jul-20-15 4:19 pm
PHOENIX - Arizona transportation officials say westbound traffic on Interstate 10 is once again crossing into California but that there's still a closure and detours in southeastern California due to a bridge collapse in that state.
- DPS: No foul play suspected in death of man found in big rig Updated: Jul-20-15 11:53 am
NEW RIVER, Arizona - Authorities say foul play isn't suspected in the death of a man whose body was found in the sleeper berth of a tractor-trailer rig parked on an Interstate 17 onramp in New River.
- Arizona DPS: $430K in cash found hidden in a horse trailer Updated: Jul-14-15 4:14 pm
PHOENIX - The driver of a pickup truck pulling a horse trailer in Phoenix is in custody after authorities found nearly $430,000 in cash wrapped in a trash bag.
- Suspected drunken driver is arrested in fatal Phoenix crash Updated: Jul-14-15 4:01 pm
PHOENIX - A suspected drunken driver has been arrested in connection with a freeway crash that killed a Mesa man.
- Junior judges drafted to decide judicial retirement issue Updated: Jul-13-15 4:54 pm
PHOENIX - Some of the state's most junior judges will decide a pocketbook issue in which their more senior colleagues have a stake.
- Arizona DPS: Man killed when broken-down car struck by SUV Updated: Jul-13-15 9:33 am
PHOENIX - The Arizona Department of Public Safety says a man was killed when his broken-down rental car was struck by an SUV and forced into the rear end of a tow truck on a Phoenix freeway.
- Wrong-way crash on I-10 in Arizona leads to 2nd crash Updated: Jul-11-15 1:37 pm
QUARTZSITE, Arizona - Authorities say a fatal crash caused by a wrong-way driver on an Arizona interstate has triggered a deadly pileup.
- DPS arrests a child molestation suspect wanted in Avondale Updated: Jul-11-15 6:20 am
AVONDALE, Arizona - Arizona Department of Public Safety officers have arrested a child molestation suspect wanted by Avondale police.
- Authorities: 1 dead, 2 injured in freeway crash in west Mesa Updated: Jul-10-15 7:29 pm
MESA, Arizona - One person is dead and two others injured in a freeway crash in west Mesa.
- State to spend $14 million to replace historic bridge Updated: Jul-10-15 4:01 pm
PRESCOTT, Arizona - A $14.4 million project to replace a historic bridge connecting Prescott to northern Arizona is expected to begin next week.
- Ruling: Immunity law doesn't apply in DUI suspect's death Updated: Jul-09-15 5:32 pm
PHOENIX - An Arizona Supreme Court ruling issued Thursday allows the state to be sued in the 2009 death of a Tucson-area woman killed when a motorist slammed into a Highway Patrol officer's car where the woman was in custody during her DUI arrest.
- Arizona DPS: Motorcycle driver in fatal accident is arrested Updated: Jul-08-15 7:13 pm
PHOENIX - Arizona Department of Public Safety officials say a motorcycle driver has been arrested in connection with the death of his passenger in Mesa last weekend.
- Trucker sentenced to prison in wreck that killed officer Updated: Jul-08-15 5:11 pm
YUMA, Arizona - A truck driver said to have been distracted by looking at his cellphone before an accident that killed an Arizona Highway Patrol officer has been sentenced to six years in prison.
- Agency: Cameras along freeways are for checking big rigs Updated: Jul-07-15 4:47 pm
CASA GRANDE, Arizona - The Arizona Department of Transportation says cameras being mounted on poles at several locations along rural freeways are to monitor commercial trucks' compliance with regulations and weight restrictions, not to catch speeders.
- Gov. Ducey's promises to boost border security fall short Updated: Jul-07-15 3:44 pm
PHOENIX - When Gov. Doug Ducey was stuck in a six-way Republican primary one year ago, he promised to "fight back with every resource at my command" to secure the state's border with Mexico.
- Arizona highways free of construction over holiday weekend Updated: Jul-03-15 6:14 am
PHOENIX - Arizona highways will be free of construction work over the holiday weekend.