- Navy SEAL killed in Iraq was close to disgraced grandfather Updated: May-03-16 10:54 pm
PHOENIX - The Navy SEAL killed in Iraq on Tuesday was identified as Charlie Keating IV, a former Phoenix high school star distance runner and the grandson of the late Arizona financier involved in the 1980s savings and loan scandal.
- The Latest: Democrats' effort to adds KidsCare fails Updated: May-03-16 10:26 pm
PHOENIX - The Latest on Arizona's budget (all times local):
- Arizona House, Senate advancing budget after K-12 agreement Updated: May-03-16 9:08 pm
PHOENIX - The Arizona Legislature on Tuesday was on track to finally enact a spending package for the state budget year beginning July 1 after a week spent wrangling over additional funding for K-12 schools that wasn't included in the initial budget agreement.
- Republican Christine Jones announces bid for Congress Updated: May-03-16 1:32 pm
PHOENIX - Former GoDaddy executive vice president Christine Jones has announced she's running for the Republican nomination to succeed retiring U.S. Rep. Matt Salmon in a congressional district spanning Phoenix's eastern suburbs.
- Senate approves expansion of state high court Updated: May-02-16 10:28 pm
PHOENIX - The Arizona Senate on Monday approved a plan to add two justices to the state Supreme Court that has drawn criticism from both the court and Democrats.
- Arizona bill would give developers more power to levy taxes Updated: May-02-16 9:46 pm
PHOENIX - A bill that would give developers more power to issue municipal bonds and levy taxes to pay for public infrastructure in communities they are building has been approved by the Arizona Senate.
- The Latest: Bill targets special taxing districts Updated: May-02-16 9:41 pm
PHOENIX - The Latest on a bill that would give developers more power to issue municipal bonds and levy taxes to pay for public infrastructure in communities they are building (all times local):
- Arizona lowers speed limit on dusty stretch of I-10 Updated: May-02-16 3:35 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - Arizona officials are asking drivers to slow down on a highway near the New Mexico border after dust storms caused several car crashes.
- Arizona eyes federal funding to accelerate highway projects Updated: May-02-16 6:05 am
PHOENIX - Arizona transportation officials are trying to accelerate several key highway projects.
- The Latest: New tests unravel Phoenix freeway shooting case Updated: May-01-16 2:59 pm
PHOENIX - The Latest on the dismissal of charges in the Phoenix freeway shooting case (all times local):
- New tests lead to Phoenix freeway shooting case's undoing Updated: May-01-16 11:34 am
PHOENIX - Leslie Merritt Jr. sat in a police interrogation room, unaware of why he had just been swarmed by SWAT officers and whisked away in handcuffs.
- Trump backers yell foul over loss at Arizona GOP convention Updated: May-01-16 5:46 am
PHOENIX - Texas Sen. Ted Cruz pulled out a strategic victory at the Arizona Republican Party convention, nailing down a large majority of delegates to the national convention amid cheating accusations from backers of businessman Donald Trump.
- The Latest: Trump backers yell foul over Arizona party loss Updated: Apr-30-16 9:02 pm
MESA, Arizona - The Latest on the Arizona Republican Party convention (all times local):
- Blowing dust causes 2nd freeway closure near Arizona border Updated: Apr-28-16 10:53 pm
SAN SIMON, Arizona - Blowing dust closed a 62-mile stretch of freeway near the Arizona-New Mexico border and triggered three separate accidents involving 12 vehicles, authorities said Thursday.
- Deal ends fight between solar firm, utility for now Updated: Apr-28-16 10:11 pm
PHOENIX - A deal between the nation's largest solar company and Arizona's biggest utility announced Thursday means competing measures asking voters about how to treat rooftop solar power are being withdrawn.
- House advances bill targeting illegal immigration Updated: Apr-28-16 9:25 pm
PHOENIX - A bill that would stiffen sentences for immigrants in the country illegally has advanced in the House, despite critics saying the proposal creates a separate system of justice for non-citizens.
- The Latest: Deal between solar firm, utility ends fight Updated: Apr-28-16 9:22 pm
PHOENIX - The Latest on voter referrals dealing with rooftop solar power (all times local):
- Senate advances bill increasing minimum wage Updated: Apr-28-16 8:34 pm
PHOENIX - Republican-backed legislation that blocks municipalities from setting their own minimum wage and increases it at a rate they say is agreeable to businesses advanced in the Senate on Thursday.
- Arizona Republicans want funding for Koch-backed schools Updated: Apr-28-16 6:18 pm
PHOENIX - Arizona's Republican leaders have proposed earmarking millions of dollars for programs at the state's public universities that are backed by billionaire Republican donor Charles Koch.
- Arizona AG: 4 are indicted in employment and credit scheme Updated: Apr-28-16 6:07 pm
PHOENIX - Four people have been indicted in an employment and credit scheme that targeted college students in Arizona.
- Arizona DPS trooper killed in line of duty to be honored Updated: Apr-27-16 5:56 am
PHOENIX - A sandstone monument memorializing a fallen Arizona Department of Public Safety trooper will be unveiled and dedicated Friday in Phoenix.
- 2 kids injured after car collides with school bus in Peoria Updated: Apr-26-16 6:04 pm
PEORIA, Arizona - An infant and another child have been taken to a hospital after the car they were riding in collided with a school bus in Peoria.
- Arizona ruling: Police can't say DUI tests are required Updated: Apr-26-16 5:21 pm
PHOENIX - Police in Arizona can't flatly tell drunken-driving suspects that state law requires them to submit to alcohol testing, the Arizona Supreme Court said Tuesday in a ruling that acknowledges that a state-provided form and earlier rulings by courts indicated otherwise.
- The Latest: Court: Police can't say DUI tests are required Updated: Apr-26-16 3:44 pm
PHOENIX - The Latest on Arizona Supreme Court rulings on consent for testing of people suspected of driving or operating a boat while under the influence of alcohol (all times local):
- State grand jury indicts Chandler woman on fraud allegations Updated: Apr-26-16 6:04 am
PHOENIX - The Arizona Attorney General's Office says a state grand jury has indicted a Chandler woman for fraud and other charges.