- Arizona attorney general arguing redistricting at high court Updated: Nov-25-15 5:01 am
PHOENIX - Arizona Attorney General Mark Brnovich will argue before the U.S. Supreme Court in a challenge to how state legislative districts were drawn.
- State officials: Be patient, keep speed in check on the road Updated: Nov-24-15 8:30 am
PHOENIX - State officials don't want a repeat of the death toll from last year's Thanksgiving weekend and are urging motorists to be patient while traveling.
- Arizona governor wants major new spending on border security Updated: Nov-23-15 5:18 pm
PHOENIX - Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey said Monday he wants the Legislature to approve "tens of millions of dollars" in new funding for a border security force made up of state police, a move intended to address border smuggling even as immigration and terrorism worries emerge as potent 2016 political issues.
- DPS: 1 dead in collision at intersection in Cochise County Updated: Nov-23-15 2:46 pm
PEARCE, Arizona - Authorities say a 77-year-old Willcox man was killed when his car hit another car broadside at a highway intersection in a rural area of central Cochise County.
- Panel nominates 7 for Arizona Supreme Court opening Updated: Nov-20-15 6:42 pm
PHOENIX - Nine applicants have been interviewed for an Arizona Supreme Court vacancy and seven have been recommended to Gov. Doug Ducey, who'll appoint a new justice to the state high court.
- Court: No immunity for medical marijuana users under DUI law Updated: Nov-20-15 4:28 pm
PHOENIX - The Arizona Supreme Court ruled Friday that medical marijuana cardholders don't have immunity from prosecution under a state DUI law that prohibits drivers from having in their bodies any amount of marijuana or its chemical compound that causes impairment.
- AG: 2 convicted in Arizona of running gambling cafes Updated: Nov-19-15 8:31 pm
PHOENIX - The Arizona Attorney General's Office says two people have been convicted of gambling and conspiracy charges for operating an "illegal sweepstakes cafe."
- AG's Office: Search warrants served in Pima, Pinal counties Updated: Nov-19-15 7:31 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - Authorities have served suspects with indictments after executing seven search warrants in Pima and Pinal counties in connection with a money laundering and drug trafficking investigation.
- 3 Democrat women nominated to fill open Arizona House seat Updated: Nov-19-15 12:46 pm
PHOENIX - Democrats in Legislative District 26 have nominated an all-women slate of three candidates to fill the Arizona House seat vacated by recently appointed state Sen. Andrew Sherwood, a Tempe Democrat.
- House leader seeks quicker cut to insurance company taxes Updated: Nov-19-15 12:08 pm
PHOENIX - One of the top Republican leaders in the Arizona House wants to accelerate cuts to insurance company taxes that were included in a bill he sponsored in this spring's legislative session.
- Wrong-way driver killed in Interstate 10 accident in Tucson Updated: Nov-18-15 2:27 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - A wrong-way driver has been killed in an accident on Interstate 10 in Tucson.
- Senate hearing set Monday in Phoenix on heroin trafficking Updated: Nov-18-15 11:58 am
PHOENIX - Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey and a senior federal official are among officials scheduled to testify next Monday during a U.S. Senate hearing in Phoenix on heroin trafficking and efforts to combat it.
- Rocks thrown at vehicles on Interstate 10 in Phoenix; 1 hurt Updated: Nov-16-15 3:07 pm
PHOENIX - A man has been arrested after large rocks were thrown at vehicles on a Phoenix freeway, injuring a 9-year-old girl.
- Arizona GOP renews effort to reform redistricting process Updated: Nov-15-15 4:21 pm
PHOENIX - Some lawmakers are not giving up on reforming an independent commission tasked with shaping Arizona's congressional districts.
- Court rejects county's objection to water rights transfer Updated: Nov-12-15 6:24 pm
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - The Arizona Supreme Court has upheld a decision allowing surface water rights to be transferred from Mohave County for use in a neighboring county, and made clear who has the right to object to such transfers.
- US 60 freeway reopening after closure due to police activity Updated: Nov-12-15 11:50 am
TEMPE, Arizona - Authorities say the U.S. 60 freeway in Tempe is reopening after being closed during much of the Thursday morning commute.
- Arizona state trooper not seriously hurt in freeway accident Updated: Nov-10-15 9:07 am
MESA, Arizona - The Arizona Department of Public Safety says a state trooper was not seriously injured in a freeway accident in Mesa.
- Arizona panel directs cash for border fence to technology Updated: Nov-09-15 8:03 pm
PHOENIX - Arizona lawmakers who hoped to build miles of fencing along the border with Mexico using millions of dollars in private donations are instead directing the money to buy equipment for a border sheriff's office after the state received just a fraction of the donations needed.
- DPS makes no decision on schools chief's assault complaint Updated: Nov-09-15 7:22 pm
PHOENIX - Investigators with the Arizona Department of Public Safety say they'll leave it to the Maricopa County Attorney to decide if schools chief Diane Douglas was assaulted by the president of the Board of Education during a meeting.
- Ex-GOP governor candidate Jones to run charter school group Updated: Nov-06-15 12:02 pm
PHOENIX - Former GoDaddy executive and Republican candidate for Arizona governor Christine Jones has been named interim CEO of charter school operator Great Hearts Academies.
- Challenges to Phoenix freeway project to take more time Updated: Nov-05-15 9:33 am
PHOENIX - I'll take more time for a federal judge to resolve legal challenges to a planned Phoenix-area freeway.
- Man suspected in I-17 road-rage shooting on Oct. 31 arrested Updated: Nov-04-15 6:26 pm
PHOENIX - A man suspected in a road-rage shooting last month along Interstate 17 north of Phoenix is in custody.
- Arizona drops Planned Parenthood from charitable campaign Updated: Nov-03-15 5:03 pm
PHOENIX - Gov. Doug Ducey's administration has dropped Planned Parenthood, Arizona's largest abortion provider, as one of hundreds of organizations eligible for donations from state employees through the state government charitable campaign, officials said Tuesday.
- Phoenix-area highway reopens after head-on collision kills 1 Updated: Oct-30-15 1:42 pm
PEORIA, Arizona - A highway in the northern part of the Phoenix area has reopened following an hours-long closure because of a head-on collision that killed one person.
- ADOT busts fake document operation in Phoenix Updated: Oct-30-15 6:11 am
PHOENIX - The Arizona Department of Transportation says it has busted a criminal operation selling fake credentials and other forms of identity in Phoenix.