- Afghanistan says troops hold Kunduz square, calm returning Updated: Oct-07-15 1:32 pm
KABUL, Afghanistan - Afghan troops have regained control of the main square in Kunduz, a strategic northern city briefly seized by the Taliban last week, following intense fighting over the site, Kabul officials said Wednesday.
- Wisconsin airman among 11 dead in Afghanistan plane crash Updated: Oct-02-15 8:19 pm
MILWAUKEE - An airman from Wisconsin was among the 11 people killed when a U.S. Air Force military transport crashed at a base in Afghanistan, his sister said Friday.
- The Latest: Afghan president says Kunduz fully recaptured Updated: Oct-01-15 11:53 am
KABUL, Afghanistan - The latest developments as the Afghan government announced it has retaken control of the northern city of Kunduz, which was captured by the Taliban earlier this week (all times local).
- US pitches investors on Afghan airfields as drawdown looms Updated: Sep-30-15 7:34 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - U.S. and Afghan officials pitched investors Wednesday on doing business on military airfields that NATO troops will withdraw from in Afghanistan, even as the Taliban insurgency rages on in the country.
- Fort Campbell soldiers returning from Afghanistan Updated: Sep-23-15 4:01 am
FORT CAMPBELL, Kentucky - Hundreds of Fort Campbell soldiers who have been in Afghanistan advising the Afghan National Army are expected back at the post on the Kentucky-Tennessee state line this week.