- Judge upholds new nominating system for Utah candidates Updated: Apr-16-16 12:23 am
SALT LAKE CITY - A judge has upheld a new political nominating system that allows candidates in Utah to bypass the political party caucus and convention systems in favor of gathering voter signatures instead - dealing a defeat to the state GOP.
- Court: GOP can't block candidates who skip convention Updated: Apr-08-16 4:40 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah's Supreme Court says the state Republican Party cannot block candidates from winning the GOP nomination if candidates skip the party's caucus and convention system.
- Wal-Mart settles lawsuit over firing of workers in Utah Updated: Apr-08-16 3:51 am
SALT LAKE CITY - A group of former Wal-Mart workers in Utah who said the company violated their right to self-defense by firing them for disarming suspected shoplifters has settled their lawsuit against the mega-chain.
- Utah Supreme Court weighing dispute over roads in US lands Updated: Apr-05-16 4:08 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Against the background of increasing tensions over public lands, the Utah Supreme Court is weighing the state's push to claim the right to use about 12,000 rural roads that run over federal land.
- Ex-beauty queen asks high court to allow suit against police Updated: Apr-04-16 5:06 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A former Miss Utah's lawsuit against police who wrongly arrested her on bogus allegations that she stole from a skin-care company shouldn't be derailed on a technicality, her lawyer argued before the Utah Supreme Court on Monday.
- The Latest: Utah Supreme Court hears ex-beauty queen's case Updated: Apr-04-16 2:08 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - The Latest on a wrongful-arrest lawsuit from a former Miss Utah coming before the Utah Supreme Court (all times local):
- Lawyers say police interpreter tainted case in girl's death Updated: Apr-01-16 7:28 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A Burmese refugee found guilty of killing a 7-year-old girl from his Utah neighborhood was badgered by a police interpreter in an interview where he acknowledged an accidental role in the girl's death and his conviction should be overturned, his lawyer argued before the Utah Supreme Court on Friday.
- The Latest: Utah Supreme Court weighs appeal in girl's death Updated: Apr-01-16 12:46 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - The Latest on Utah Supreme Court hearing the appeal of a man convicted of killing a 7-year-old girl (all times local):