- Argentina leads final 4 in Copa America semifinals Updated: Jun-28-15 5:24 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - The Copa America semifinals are again missing a local favorite.
- Lloyd once nearly quit; the US team is sure glad she didn't Updated: Jun-28-15 4:17 pm
MONTREAL - Carli Lloyd's career is defined by big moments.
- Australia looks forward to a bright future Updated: Jun-28-15 2:20 am
EDMONTON, Alberta - What Australia's Alen Stajcic wouldn't give for his team to be like Japan one day.
- German midfielder's status unknown for World Cup semi vs USA Updated: Jun-27-15 3:14 pm
MONTREAL - Germany midfielder Dzsenifer Marozsan has a hyperextended left ankle and the team is not certain if she will play in Tuesday's World Cup semifinal against the United States.
- US defeats China 1-0, plays Germany in World Cup semifinals Updated: Jun-27-15 12:56 am
OTTAWA, Ontario - Carli Lloyd finally was able to express her creativity on field.
- Germany tops France 5-4 in shootout to reach World Cup semis Updated: Jun-26-15 9:27 pm
MONTREAL - Germany coach Silvia Neid needed five volunteers for the shootout that could beat France and put the two-time Women's World Cup champions into the semifinals.
- The artificial turf at the World Cup is still raising issues Updated: Jun-26-15 6:26 pm
OTTAWA, Ontario - The fields are heating up, there are little black rubber pellets everywhere, and feet are covered with blisters.
- French women beat South Korea 3-0 in World Cup round of 16 Updated: Jun-21-15 7:36 pm
MONTREAL - The French-speaking and France-favoring crowd sang "La Marseillaise" three times during Sunday's game against South Korea.
- Germany beats Sweden, China ousts Cameroon at WWCup Updated: Jun-20-15 10:06 pm
OTTAWA, Ontario - Germany provided a dominating reminder of why it is deserving of its favorite tag at the Women's World Cup by beating Sweden 4-1 on Saturday to progress to the quarterfinals.
- Platini has big decision in great game for FIFA throne Updated: Jun-20-15 2:17 am
GENEVA - After years of waiting, Michel Platini's destiny with FIFA is coming faster than he thought.
- Neymar leads Brazil to late win over Peru in Copa America Updated: Jun-14-15 8:34 pm
TEMUCO, Chile - Neymar scored a goal and set up the injury-time winner for Douglas Costa, helping Brazil open its Copa America campaign with a 2-1 over Peru on Sunday.
- Mali, Senegal lead African charge at Under-20 World Cup Updated: Jun-14-15 4:44 am
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - African countries captured two semifinal places at the Under-20 World Cup on Sunday as Mali and Senegal kept up their surprising run in the tournament.
- Copa America gives Brazil 1st chance for redemption Updated: Jun-12-15 11:20 am
SAO PAULO - Brazil will play at the Copa America with more on the line than just another South American title.
- Europe's leading powers look to restore order in qualifying Updated: Jun-11-15 4:54 am
LONDON - Some of Europe's less-heralded football nations are on a roll in qualifying for the 2016 European Championship - and leaving many of the continent's traditional powers struggling to keep up.
- Wood scores late to give US a 2-1 win over Germany Updated: Jun-10-15 6:48 pm
COLOGNE, Germany - Substitute Bobby Wood scored in the 87th minute to give the United States a 2-1 victory over World Cup champion Germany in a friendly on Wednesday.
- Wood's 87th-minute goal lifts US to 2-1 win at Germany Updated: Jun-10-15 5:05 pm
COLOGNE, Germany - Bobby Wood scored a late goal for the second time in six days to give the United States its first victory at a European soccer power, lifting the Americans to a 2-1 win at World Cup champion Germany in an exhibition game Wednesday.
- Messi, Neymar try not to be upstaged at Copa America Updated: Jun-10-15 9:53 am
- Stanford star Morris gets his chance with US national team Updated: Jun-09-15 11:31 am
STANFORD, California - The tattoo was his mother's idea about five years ago.
- Enticing matchups set for round of 16 at Under-20 World Cup Updated: Jun-07-15 10:20 pm
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - The group stage of the FIFA Under-20 World Cup produced a number of major surprises, goals galore and an equal number of enticing matchups in the round of 16 starting on Wednesday.
- Germany beats Ivory Coast 10-0 in Women's World Cup Updated: Jun-07-15 6:12 pm
OTTAWA, Ontario - Celia Sasic scored the fastest hat trick in Women's World Cup history and Anja Mittag also scored three goals to spark top-ranked Germany to a 10-0 victort over Ivory Coast on Sunday in a Group B match - the second-most lopsided win in event history.
- Germany, Brazil win again to top groups at U20 World Cup Updated: Jun-07-15 4:06 am
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - Germany and Brazil had emphatic wins to close the group stages of the FIFA Under-20 World Cup on Sunday, leaving both atop their pools but with tricky assignments ahead in the second round.
- Irish unveil terms of secret FIFA cash deal over handball Updated: Jun-05-15 8:35 pm
DUBLIN - Irish soccer chiefs disclosed documentary evidence Friday of how FIFA paid millions to buy Ireland's silence on the handball that cost the Irish a chance to reach the 2010 World Cup.
- The Latest: Irish FA publishes full contract with FIFA Updated: Jun-05-15 6:10 pm
2155 GMT (5:55 p.m. EDT)
- Belgium rises to No. 2 in FIFA rankings led by Germany Updated: Jun-04-15 5:29 am
ZURICH - Belgium has risen above Argentina to No. 2 in the monthly FIFA rankings, which are still topped by World Cup winner Germany.
- Angerer anchors German World Cup team facing challenges Updated: Jun-03-15 10:39 am
Goalkeeper Nadine Angerer anchors a German team that is facing challenges and changes.