- Texas attorney general pleads not guilty to securities fraud Updated: Aug-27-15 2:47 pm
FORT WORTH, Texas - Texas' attorney general, Ken Paxton, pleaded not guilty to securities fraud charges Thursday during a hearing in which he asked the judge to bar cameras from future proceedings and his high-powered lawyer resigned.
- Comptroller seeks AG opinion on Abbott's line-item vetoes Updated: Aug-26-15 7:10 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas' comptroller is seeking an opinion from the state attorney general on how to proceed after officials questioned the constitutionality of some of Gov. Gregg Abbott's line-item budget vetoes.
- Tentative settlement in dispute over RadioShack gift cards Updated: Aug-26-15 3:28 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - The old adage about looking a gift horse in the mouth may have a corollary regarding gift cards issued by retailers: Use it or lose it.
- Abbott: Indicted AG Paxton innocent until proven guilty Updated: Aug-24-15 9:16 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas Gov. Greg Abbott says he hasn't spoken with indicted Attorney General Ken Paxton since the state's top lawyer was booked earlier this month on securities fraud charges.
- 'Dark money' case puts AG Paxton's office against big donor Updated: Aug-20-15 12:17 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - An ethics investigation into an influential conservative group has brought Republican Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton's office into court against a major donor who guaranteed a $1 million loan for his campaign last year.
- Texas AG no longer facing contempt hearing over gay rights Updated: Aug-10-15 7:38 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - The possibility of Republican Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton being held in contempt of court for impeding gay rights diminished Monday after a lawyer said the state agreed to update vital records policies for same-sex couples.
- Texas attorney general accused of lying to investors Updated: Aug-03-15 7:27 pm
McKINNEY, Texas - Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton had an investment opportunity: a tech startup making data servers. He told people he had put his own money into Servergy Inc., according to prosecutors, and helped persuade a state lawmaker and another wealthy businessman to buy more than $100,000 in shares.
- Q&A: A look at the indictment of Texas' attorney general Updated: Aug-03-15 7:20 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton is charged with three felony counts of securities fraud in an indictment unsealed Monday. Here's a closer look at what the case against him means.
- The Latest: Defense lawyer says Texas AG to plead not guilty Updated: Aug-03-15 3:27 pm
McKINNEY, Texas - The latest on Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton, who has been charged with felony securities fraud (all times local):