- NY Assembly speaker continues upstate tour with Ithaca visit Updated: Jul-29-15 4:09 am
ITHACA, New York - The new speaker of the New York state Assembly is continuing his tour of the upstate with a series of events in Ithaca.
- Judge rejects ex-NY Assembly speaker's bid to toss charges Updated: Jul-24-15 7:02 pm
NEW YORK - Former New York state Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver lost a bid Friday to toss out corruption charges against him.
- Leading NY lawmaker found guilty of lying to FBI Updated: Jul-22-15 6:01 pm
WHITE PLAINS, New York - The No. 2 Republican in the New York Senate was found guilty Wednesday of lying to the FBI, a felony conviction that will cost him his seat.
- Ex-NY Senate leader, son indicted anew in corruption case Updated: Jul-21-15 8:03 pm
NEW YORK - The latest indictment against a former state Senate leader says he pressured a malpractice insurance company that wanted to discuss legislation with him into hiring his son and then supported his son after he bragged to his new boss that he didn't have to show up for work because of his father's powerful post.
- New York Assembly speaker to kick off upstate tour Updated: Jul-20-15 11:26 am
SYRACUSE, New York - The new speaker of the New York state Assembly is heading north to visit with leaders and residents in the upstate region.
- NY lawmakers add to call for more upper-Hudson dredging Updated: Jul-18-15 9:04 am
ALBANY, New York - New York state legislators from both houses are asking General Electric to perform additional dredging of the upper-Hudson River.
- NY Gov. Cuomo signs new protections for nail salon workers Updated: Jul-16-15 1:47 pm
NEW YORK - New York's governor has signed into law tougher regulations of nail salons to protect employees, many of them female immigrants, from workplace mistreatment and exploitation.
- Ex-Assembly speaker's son-in-law admits to Ponzi scheme Updated: Jul-13-15 6:05 pm
NEW YORK - A son-in-law of former New York state Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver pleaded guilty to securities fraud Monday, admitting to cheating investors out of nearly $6 million in a Ponzi scheme.
- Ex-NY Speaker balks at reporting income, cites federal probe Updated: Jul-03-15 12:32 pm
ALBANY, New York - Former New York Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver is declining to report his outside income on a state disclosure form, citing federal charges that he collected nearly $4 million in kickbacks.