- Yanks still have not led playoff game since Jeter got hurt Updated: Oct-07-15 1:31 am
NEW YORK - The Yankees still have not led in a postseason game since Derek Jeter sprawled in the dirt three years ago, screaming in pain from a broken ankle.
- Ellsbury, Yanks' $153M man, doesn't start in playoff loss Updated: Oct-07-15 1:14 am
NEW YORK - Jacoby Ellsbury sat the bench for most of his first postseason game after signing a $153 million contract with the New York Yankees. When he finally got in, he saw three pitches at the plate and one inning in center field.
- Keuchel sharp, Astros beat Yankees 3-0 in AL wild-card game Updated: Oct-07-15 1:08 am
NEW YORK - A year ago, no one could've pictured this. Yet here they were, Dallas Keuchel and the Houston Astros, soaking in champagne, merrily posing for a victory shot on the mound at Yankee Stadium.
- CF Gomez in Astros' lineup for wild-card game vs Yanks Updated: Oct-06-15 6:12 pm
NEW YORK - Center fielder Carlos Gomez is in the Houston Astros' starting lineup for the AL wild-card game against the New York Yankees.
- Aces wild: Playoffs open with Astros-Yankees, Cubs-Pirates Updated: Oct-05-15 8:19 am
Dallas Keuchel started the All-Star game, won 20 times and twice dominated the New York Yankees.
- Astros hand Diamondbacks' record-breaking blowout loss Updated: Oct-03-15 3:17 am
PHOENIX - The Arizona Diamondbacks were looking to spoil Houston's postseason aspirations.
- Keuchel wins 20th, Astros set runs record, rout D-backs 21-5 Updated: Oct-03-15 1:53 am
- Hurricane Joaquin could cause havoc with MLB playoff picture Updated: Oct-02-15 4:38 am
Adrian Beltre, Carlos Correa or Andrew McCutchen certainly might deliver a big hit this weekend to improve their team's playoff position.
- Astros rally past Mariners, take over 2nd AL wild-card spot Updated: Oct-01-15 2:31 am
SEATTLE - Thanks to a late rally and help from others, the Houston Astros will go into their final series knowing three more wins will have them playing baseball beyond the final day of the regular season.
- Cano, O'Malley lead Mariners to 6-4 win over Houston Updated: Sep-30-15 3:16 am
SEATTLE - Robinson Cano hit a two-run home run in the sixth inning Tuesday night.
- A tight race for an AL wild card ... and that's about it Updated: Sep-28-15 3:14 am
It's been a down year for pennant races.
- Keuchel, Astros beat Rangers 4-2 to tighten AL West race Updated: Sep-27-15 5:35 pm
- Astros star 2B Altuve injured in collision with SS Correa Updated: Sep-25-15 11:27 pm
HOUSTON - Astros star second baseman Jose Altuve has been hurt in a collision with rookie shortstop Carlos Correa in Houston's game Friday night against the Texas Rangers.
- Angels rally for 6-5 win over Astros to close wild-card gap Updated: Sep-23-15 7:37 pm
HOUSTON - The Los Angeles Angels aren't where they want to be yet, but they're closer than they were at the start of the week.
- Brewers tab Astros assistant David Stearns general manager Updated: Sep-21-15 8:13 pm
MILWAUKEE - The Brewers' youth movement is carrying over to the front office.
- Rangers leading AL West in unlikely pennant chase Updated: Sep-21-15 7:41 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - For the only time in a 31-day stretch to the end of the regular season, the AL West-leading Texas Rangers didn't have a game scheduled Monday.
- Zito in majors for 1st time since '13 as A's fall to Astros Updated: Sep-20-15 6:45 pm
HOUSTON - Barry Zito was thrilled to be back on a major league mound on Sunday, even if the results weren't quite what he'd hoped for.
- Rasmus homers twice, Springer connects, Astros top Athletics Updated: Sep-20-15 6:24 pm
HOUSTON - Houston manager A.J. Hinch isn't surprised that his team shook off a terrible road trip by taking a series against Oakland with a 5-1 victory on Sunday.
- Valencia's 2 homers lead A's over fading Astros 4-3 Updated: Sep-19-15 1:01 am
HOUSTON - Danny Valencia has a knack for big hits against the Houston Astros.
- Rangers complete 4-game sweep of Astros for 1st in AL West Updated: Sep-18-15 12:29 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - Shin-Soo Choo talked about the veterans on the Texas Rangers, and their collective experience in big games.
- Longtime MLB radio announcer Milo Hamilton dies at 88 Updated: Sep-17-15 9:25 pm
HOUSTON - Milo Hamilton, a Hall of Fame broadcaster whose radio calls over six decades included 11 no-hitters and Hank Aaron's historic 715th home run in 1974, died on Thursday. He was 88.
- Astros closer Gregerson away for birth of 1st child Updated: Sep-16-15 10:12 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - Houston Astros closer Luke Gregerson has left the team for the birth of his first child.
- Lowrie's HR caps Astros' 5-run rally in 9th past Angels 5-3 Updated: Sep-13-15 8:34 pm
ANAHEIM, California - The Houston Astros were down three runs and down to their final out. Preston Tucker was down to his last strike, with nobody on base and dominant Angels closer Huston Street on the mound.
- Astros' Feldman out for season with shoulder injury Updated: Sep-11-15 1:59 pm
HOUSTON - Houston starter Scott Feldman will miss the rest of the season with a sprained right shoulder.
- Astros hit 4 homers, McHugh wins 16th in 11-5 win over A's Updated: Sep-10-15 2:04 am
OAKLAND, California - Collin McHugh earned his 16th win of the season and the Houston Astros hit four home runs to beat the Oakland Athletics 11-5 Wednesday night, avoiding a series sweep.