- Straily pitches on short notice in Astros' 4-3 loss to Texas Updated: Aug-05-15 1:23 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - Dan Straily's Tuesday began at 3:30 a.m. in Fresno, California
- Bullpen pitches out of trouble, Rangers beat Astros 4-3 Updated: Aug-05-15 12:54 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - Shawn Tolleson doesn't mind pitching almost every day, and the Texas Rangers don't mind having him on the mound that often.
- Contending teams can never have too many relievers Updated: Aug-03-15 3:18 am
The Kansas City Royals made it look all so easy in 2014. With their bullpen trio of Kelvin Herrera, Wade Davis and Greg Holland, the Royals were almost unbeatable when they had the lead in the seventh inning or later.
- Energy level not there for Arizona in 4-1 loss to Astros Updated: Aug-02-15 6:33 pm
- McHugh goes 7 innings, Astros beat Diamondbacks 4-1 Updated: Aug-02-15 6:27 pm
HOUSTON - The last year has been a complete turnaround for Collin McHugh.
- Astros get rare loss when leading after 6 innings Updated: Aug-01-15 1:52 am
HOUSTON - The Astros have been tough to beat at home this season, and even tougher to beat when they lead after six innings.
- Fan collapses before Astros game Updated: Jul-31-15 9:10 pm
HOUSTON - A man has collapsed in the stands before the Houston Astros' home game against the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Dominant Dallas Keuchel helps Astros climb atop the AL West Updated: Jul-31-15 3:00 pm
HOUSTON - Dallas Keuchel had scarcely more than a five o'clock shadow when he made his major league debut in 2012.
- Astros, Blue Jays add pieces in trades to make playoff push Updated: Jul-31-15 12:10 pm
- Castro's 9th-inning homer gives Astros 3-0 win over Angels Updated: Jul-31-15 12:44 am
HOUSTON - Few expected the Houston Astros to be contenders entering this season.
- Gomez traded to Astros after Mets deal falls through Updated: Jul-30-15 9:57 pm
HOUSTON - The Astros have added another bat to their lineup as they make a push for the postseason, acquiring two-time All-Star outfielder Carlos Gomez from the Milwaukee Brewers.
- Injured Angels outfielder Trout sidelined against Astros Updated: Jul-29-15 6:53 pm
- Correction: Hall of Fame Inductions story Updated: Jul-27-15 9:25 pm
COOPERSTOWN, New York - In a story July 26 about the Baseball Hall of Fame, The Associated Press reported erroneously that John Smoltz was the first player inducted into the Hall of Fame who had undergone Tommy John surgery. Smoltz was the first pitcher to enter the Hall who had the operation.
- Astros move up Taylor Swift concert for possible playoff run Updated: Jul-27-15 2:22 pm
HOUSTON - The Houston Astros have shaken off Taylor Swift's original tour date at Minute Maid Park in case of a playoff run.
- Royals celebrate Cueto deal with 5-1 victory over Astros Updated: Jul-26-15 6:27 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - This was one nice day for Kansas City's rotation.
- Astros make room for LHP Kazmir, send OF Hoes to Triple-A Updated: Jul-24-15 6:49 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Houston Astros have cleared roster space for newly acquired pitcher Scott Kazmir by optioning outfielder L.J. Hoes to Triple-A Fresno.
- Altuve's walkoff homer lifts Astros over Boston 5-4 Updated: Jul-24-15 12:53 am
HOUSTON - The 5-foot-6, 165-pound Jose Altuve certainly isn't known for his power.
- A's trade Kazmir to his hometown Astros for 2 minor leaguers Updated: Jul-23-15 6:53 pm
OAKLAND, California - Scott Kazmir is heading to his hometown Houston Astros and into the thick of a pennant race, and the Oakland Athletics are starting their summer sell-off.
- Keuchel strikes out career-high 13, Astros blank Rangers Updated: Jul-19-15 6:53 pm
HOUSTON - Houston Astros ace Dallas Keuchel said he didn't appreciate the approach Texas second baseman Rougned Odor took the previous night.
- Astros' Springer supporting camp for children who stutter Updated: Jul-19-15 4:23 pm
HOUSTON - George Springer is as loquacious as he is outgoing, a 6-foot-3 bundle of chatter and charisma for the Houston Astros.
- Moore, bullpen help Rays beat Astros 4-3 to complete sweep Updated: Jul-12-15 5:13 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Thanks to Matt Moore, the Tampa Bay Rays are upbeat entering the All-Star break.
- Rookie RHP Cody Anderson pitches Indians past Astros 3-1 Updated: Jul-10-15 12:06 am
CLEVELAND - Cody Anderson says he isn't paying attention to his numbers. The rookie right-hander might be the only one.