- IOC expresses concern over investigation into Tokyo 2020 bid Updated: May-26-16 7:28 am
TOKYO - IOC vice president John Coates expressed concern Thursday over payments made to a Singapore firm which have entangled Tokyo's winning bid for the 2020 Olympics in a bribery investigation.
- Dutch women beat Peru to qualify for Rio volleyball Updated: May-21-16 10:30 am
TOKYO - The Netherlands beat Peru 25-16, 25-14, 25-17 Saturday to qualify for the women's volleyball tournament at the Rio de Janeiro Olympics.
- Japan equestrian, 75, loses shot at being oldest Olympian Updated: May-19-16 10:59 am
TOKYO - A 75-year-old Japanese equestrian rider will not be able to become the oldest competing Olympian of all time in Rio de Janeiro because of an illness to his horse.
- The Latest: Hoketsu misses chance to become oldest Olympian Updated: May-19-16 7:31 am
LONDON - The Latest on the developments in the Olympic world (all times local):
- Tokyo 2020 bid: Payments were 'legitimate' consulting fees Updated: May-13-16 8:23 am
TOKYO - Leaders of Tokyo's winning bid for the 2020 Olympics acknowledged Friday making payments to a firm in Singapore, but said the funds were for legitimate consulting fees and maintained that all bid activities were "fair and correct."
- Japan's Olympics minister says Tokyo's 2020 bid was clean Updated: May-13-16 3:52 am
TOKYO - Japan's Olympics Minister believes Tokyo's bid to host the 2020 Olympics was fair, despite fresh allegations of bribery.