- Japan scales back Tokyo 2020 Olympic stadium plans Updated: Aug-28-15 4:11 am
TOKYO - Japan's government has approved a plan to reduce the seating and slash the construction cost of the main stadium for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics after public opposition to the initial design.
- IOC wants Japan's main stadium ready by January 2020 Updated: Aug-25-15 7:44 am
TOKYO - A top International Olympic Committee official urged Japan on Tuesday to speed up the troubled construction of Tokyo's new national stadium for delivery by January 2020, but the Japanese minister in charge of the Games cautioned this may not be possible.
- Palomino leads USA past Japan 8-1 for junior world title Updated: Aug-16-15 12:06 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - Even as the United States' players were being awarded gold medals, their minds were elsewhere.
- Tokyo Olympic chief apologizes to IOC over stadium change Updated: Jul-29-15 5:30 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Japanese organizers apologized to the IOC on Wednesday over the scrapping of the original plans for the Olympic stadium and delivered assurances that the new venue will be ready in time for the 2020 Games.
- Japan-based advertising firm wins Olympic TV rights in Asia Updated: Jul-29-15 3:56 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - The International Olympic Committee has awarded exclusive Olympic broadcast rights in 22 Asia-Pacific countries to Japan-based advertising agency Dentsu Inc.