- Japanese PM Abe appoints Endo as Olympics minister Updated: Jun-25-15 5:48 am
TOKYO - Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe appointed veteran lawmaker Toshiaki Endo on Thursday as minister in charge of the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
- Baseball-softball among 8 sports proposed for 2020 Games Updated: Jun-22-15 6:23 am
TOKYO - Baseball and softball remain on course to get back into the Olympics. Squash, karate, surfing and four other sports are in contention to get into the games for the first time.
- Bach: FIFA must go through 'painful experience' to reform Updated: Jun-08-15 3:48 pm
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Saying there is "no comparison" in the scale of the IOC's Salt Lake City scandal and FIFA's corruption crisis, IOC President Thomas Bach urged soccer's governing body to take the "painful" steps needed to clean itself up and restore credibility in the organization.
- IOC approves new events for 2018 Winter Games in Pyeongchang Updated: Jun-08-15 12:12 pm
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - The IOC approved new events Monday in snowboarding, Alpine skiing, speedskating and curling for the 2018 Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang, South Korea.
- Singing, dancing brotherhood lifting Philippines rugby Updated: Jun-08-15 5:18 am
SINGAPORE - Jolly Gomez devised a unique benchmark for recruiting overseas-born players for the Philippines: If you can remember your mother forcing you to get up and sing in front of the family, you're in.
- No joke: 'Neko Hiroshi' Takizaki drenched at SEA Games Updated: Jun-07-15 4:42 am
SINGAPORE - For a comedian, he doesn't do a bad sideline gig as a marathon runner.