- Hornets C Spencer Hawes out for remainder of series vs Heat Updated: Apr-28-16 6:56 pm
- Hornets stun Heat with 90-88 win, take 3-2 series lead Updated: Apr-27-16 11:26 pm
MIAMI - Courtney Lee was steaming after missing a layup that would have given Charlotte the lead heading into the final minute.
- Jordan reiterates Hornets opposed to discrimination Updated: Apr-26-16 10:37 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Michael Jordan reiterated that the Charlotte Hornets are opposed to House Bill 2, which was recently passed in North Carolina and could prevent the NBA All-Star Game from coming to Charlotte.
- Walker drops 34, Hornets defeat Heat 89-85 to even series Updated: Apr-25-16 10:54 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Steve Clifford has seen that look in Kemba Walker's eye. It tells the Charlotte coach to just give the point guard the ball and let him go.
- Whiteside will start Game 4 against Hornets; Batum out Updated: Apr-25-16 6:23 pm
- Hornets F Batum unsure if he'll play in Game 4 against Heat Updated: Apr-24-16 3:10 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Hornets forward Nicolas Batum hasn't ruled himself out for Game 4 of Charlotte's first-round playoff series against the Miami Heat on Monday night.
- Chris Bosh makes trip to Charlotte to support Heat teammates Updated: Apr-23-16 4:31 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Dwyane Wade asked Chris Bosh to send him text messages during the Miami Heat's playoff trip to Charlotte, hoping his fellow All-Star would offer feedback on what he was seeing back home on television.
- Hornets C Jefferson accepting, embracing new role as backup Updated: Apr-16-16 2:39 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Al Jefferson was the focal point of the Charlotte Hornets' offense when they faced the Miami Heat in the playoffs two years ago.
- Injury-riddled Pelicans endure rough 1st season under Gentry Updated: Apr-14-16 6:44 pm
METAIRIE, Louisiana - After a frustrating debut season, New Orleans Pelicans coach Alvin Gentry is still waiting for a proper introduction to his full roster.
- Hornets look for first playoff win in 14 seasons vs. Heat Updated: Apr-14-16 3:45 pm
- Timberwolves blast Pelicans in Mitchell's final game Updated: Apr-13-16 11:53 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Sam Mitchell smiled and laughed with his young Minnesota Timberwolves one last time, reveling in one of the few easy victories his team has had in its home building.
- Hornets beat Magic 117-103, will face Miami in 1st round Updated: Apr-13-16 11:31 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - If the Charlotte Hornets want to end a long playoff drought, they will have to beat their old nemesis, the Miami Heat, to advance.
- Batum will sit out Hornets' regular-season finale vs. Magic Updated: Apr-13-16 7:11 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Hornets coach Steve Clifford says small forward Nicolas Batum will not play Wednesday night against the Orlando Magic because of a sore left ankle.
- Improved Kemba Walker has Hornets back in the playoffs Updated: Apr-12-16 4:38 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Charlotte is back in the NBA playoffs thanks in large part to the improved play of Kemba Walker.
- Jimmy Butler scores 23 points as Bulls beat Pelicans 121-116 Updated: Apr-11-16 11:59 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Bothered by a sore knee, Jimmy Butler could have checked out of the Chicago Bulls' final road game any time he wanted. Instead, he remained all in.
- Lin has 25 points to send Hornets to 114-100 rout over Celts Updated: Apr-11-16 11:08 pm
BOSTON - Jeremy Lin noticed the loud cheers before the game, knew it was Asian-American night and then went out and led the Hornets to a big win.
- Gortat scores 21 points as Wizards upset Hornets, 113-98 Updated: Apr-10-16 4:24 pm
WASHINGTON - A prolonged hot streak earned the Charlotte Hornets a spot in the NBA playoffs. Now they're slipping a bit as the postseason looms.
- Goodwin, Teletovic lead Suns over Pelicans 121-100 Updated: Apr-09-16 11:17 pm
NEW ORLEANS - While the search for a new coach and getting the best-possible lottery spot are on the minds of many Phoenix Suns fans, finishing strong is the top priority for the current coach and players.
- Oops: Lawmakers strip sales tax breaks from Saints, Pelicans Updated: Apr-09-16 5:31 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Louisiana lawmakers accidentally stripped sales tax exemptions from the New Orleans Saints and Pelicans in the closing hours of the recent special legislative session.
- Pelicans beat Lakers, Kobe Bryant 110-102 Updated: Apr-08-16 11:46 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Byron Scott stood near the Lakers bench Friday night, listening as fans in New Orleans heartily chanted for the Los Angeles coach to put Kobe Bryant back in with nearly eight minutes left in the fourth quarter.
- Walker, Daniels lift Hornets to season sweep of Nets 113-99 Updated: Apr-08-16 10:10 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - The Charlotte Hornets haven't given up hope of hosting a playoff series just yet.
- Celtics fight off short-handed Pelicans late in 104-97 win Updated: Apr-06-16 11:27 pm
BOSTON - The Celtics entered the week focused on improving their playoff position over their final five regular-season games.
- Walker, Jefferson help Hornets bounce back, beat Knicks Updated: Apr-06-16 11:15 pm
NEW YORK - Two things were clear to the Charlotte Hornets after a pair of potentially costly losses.
- DeRozan scores 26 as Raptors beat Hornets 96-90 Updated: Apr-05-16 11:18 pm
TORONTO - Before facing the Raptors, Hornets coach Steve Clifford said he wanted his players to "have a readiness to start the playoffs."
- 76ers top Pelicans to avoid tying league mark for futility Updated: Apr-05-16 10:26 pm
PHILADELPHIA - These 76ers are relieved not to be part of history.