- Congress edges closer to passing Puerto Rico rescue package Updated: Jun-29-16 2:11 pm
WASHINGTON - Congress edged closer to delivering relief to debt-stricken Puerto Rico as the Senate on Wednesday cleared the way for passage of a last-minute financial rescue package for the territory of 3.5 million Americans.
- Hill to campaign for US Senate by walking length of Indiana Updated: Jun-29-16 2:09 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Democratic U.S Senate candidate Baron Hill is walking for votes this summer, saying he'll go from South Bend to Evansville on foot as a way of campaigning for the state's open seat.
- Delta Queen closer to cruising after Senate committee vote Updated: Jun-29-16 1:56 pm
ST. LOUIS - An effort to get the legendary Delta Queen riverboat back up and running on the Mississippi River and its tributaries has gotten a boost from the U.S. Senate Commerce Committee.
- 'Move on' from Benghazi? Republicans say it's unlikely Updated: Jun-29-16 1:29 pm
WASHINGTON - Hillary Clinton says it's "time to move on" after a congressional report on the deadly 2012 Benghazi attacks accused the Obama administration of lethal mistakes, but produced no new evidence pointing to wrongdoing by the former secretary of state.
- Florida editorial roundup Updated: Jun-29-16 11:57 am
Recent editorials from Florida newspapers:
- Report on candidate's fatal plane crash doesn't list cause Updated: Jun-29-16 10:19 am
DUBUQUE, Iowa - A new federal report provides no answer on what caused a fiery 2014 plane crash that killed a Dubuque physician who was running for the U.S. Senate.
- Wyoming US House candidates back Trump but enthusiasm varies Updated: Jun-29-16 5:58 am
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Support for Donald Trump among Republican candidates for Wyoming's seat in the U.S. House is wide but enthusiasm for the presumptive GOP nominee varies.
- Herbert, Chaffetz cruise to wins in high turnout primary Updated: Jun-29-16 4:35 am
SALT LAKE CITY - Incumbent Republicans Gov. Gary Herbert and U.S. Rep. Jason Chaffetz are headed toward November as heavy favorites after primary voters turned out in record numbers and overwhelmingly endorsed their re-election bids.
- Colorado GOP picks Darryl Glenn to challenge Michael Bennet Updated: Jun-29-16 4:32 am
DENVER - Darryl Glenn, a county commissioner from deeply conservative Colorado Springs, rode endorsements from Sen. Ted Cruz and other big names on the right to win Colorado's Republican Senate primary and face a well-funded Democratic Sen. Michael Bennet in November.
- Sanders says he'll try to block Senate GMO bill Updated: Jun-29-16 12:32 am
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Vermont U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders says he'll try to block Senate consideration of a bill that would require nationwide labeling of food with genetically modified products, but with a less stringent labeling requirement than the one included in Vermont's law.
- 3 incumbent GOP state legislators lose primaries Updated: Jun-28-16 11:05 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - All five of Oklahoma's U.S. House members easily beat back Republican primary challengers on Tuesday and advanced to November's general election, while U.S. Rep. Jim Bridenstine in Tulsa automatically retains his 1st District seat with his victory.
- The Latest: 'Amazing Race' contestant heads to Senate runoff Updated: Jun-28-16 11:01 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Latest on Oklahoma's primary election (all times local):
- The Latest: Darryl Glenn wins GOP primary for US Senate Updated: Jun-28-16 9:44 pm
DENVER - The Latest on Colorado's primary election (all times local):
- Republican group reserves $6M airtime for Nevada Senate race Updated: Jun-28-16 7:59 pm
LAS VEGAS - A group affiliated with Republican Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has reserved $6 million worth of TV airtime in Nevada ahead of the November elections.
- The Latest: Pennsylvania House OKs budget bill Wolf panned Updated: Jun-28-16 6:13 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - The Latest on budget developments in the Pennsylvania Legislature (all times local):
- Colorado Republicans choose a challenger to Sen. Bennet Updated: Jun-28-16 4:55 pm
DENVER - With last-minute appeals to Colorado's Republican voters, five candidates sought the top prize in Tuesday's primary: The right to challenge incumbent Democratic U.S. Sen. Michael Bennet, once considered among the most vulnerable of Senate Democrats but stronger now with millions in the bank.
- Senate Democrats block GOP's Zika funding bill Updated: Jun-28-16 3:47 pm
WASHINGTON - A dysfunctional Senate split along party lines on Tuesday and left a $1.1 billion proposal to fight the Zika virus in limbo, despite growing fears and a more than 800 cases of Zika infection in the continental U.S.
- John Glenn hopes airport being named for him inspires kids Updated: Jun-28-16 2:54 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The airport where astronaut John Glenn ogled planes as a kid, came and went to two wars, boarded his first commercial jet and piloted a private aircraft until age 90 has now been named in his honor.
- 'Lone wolf' terror attacks inspired by IS to persist in West Updated: Jun-28-16 2:02 pm
WASHINGTON - The threat of "lone wolf" acts of terrorism inspired by the Islamic State will persist in the West, a senior Obama administration official said Tuesday, even as the extremist group loses battles and territory in the Middle East.
- Medicare weighs changes to controversial plan on cancer meds Updated: Jun-28-16 1:43 pm
WASHINGTON - Trying to salvage a controversial experiment to confront rising drug costs, the Obama administration Tuesday hinted at modifications to an ambitious plan that would revamp Medicare payments.
- Super PAC linked to Senate leader reserves air time for fall Updated: Jun-28-16 1:25 pm
WASHINGTON - A super political action committee tied to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has announced its first round of fall TV media ad reservations - including a small buy in Missouri where the GOP incumbent is considered safe.
- Comparison of congressional reports on 2012 Benghazi attack Updated: Jun-28-16 12:16 pm
WASHINGTON - A comparison of key findings in investigations into the 2012 attacks on the U.S. diplomatic post in Benghazi, Libya that killed U.S. ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans:
- The Latest: Volkswagen settles emissions claims with states Updated: Jun-28-16 11:59 am
SAN FRANCISCO - The Latest on the settlement of environmental and consumer claims against Volkswagen over its emissions-cheating scandal (all times local):
- Editorial Roundup: Recent editorials in Arkansas newspapers Updated: Jun-28-16 9:05 am
Here are excerpts from recent editorials in Arkansas newspapers:
- Colorado's GOP Senate contenders: Where they stand on issues Updated: Jun-28-16 4:30 am
DENVER - Colorado Republicans decide Tuesday who challenges Democratic U.S. Sen. Michael Bennet in November. A glance at the five candidates on select issues: