- Top European clubs play down talk of Super League plans Updated: Feb-09-16 10:00 am
PARIS - Europe's top football clubs insist they have no plans to set up a breakaway Super League of elite teams to replace the Champions League.
- Chelsea defender Kurt Zouma out for 6 months with ACL damage Updated: Feb-08-16 2:00 pm
LONDON - Chelsea defender Kurt Zouma will undergo knee surgery that will rule him out the rest of the season and the European Championship for France.
- It's now or never for Leicester in this odds-defying season Updated: Feb-08-16 1:46 pm
LONDON - The wealth of elite clubs and financial restrictions on upstarts were thought to be locking in the established order in English soccer and suppressing ambition.
- Neville says he's being unfairly judged as Valencia coach Updated: Feb-07-16 3:31 pm
MADRID - Gary Neville says he has been unfairly judged as Valencia coach despite admitting that the team's winless streak in the Spanish league is "unacceptable."
- Costa scores late as Chelsea holds Man United to a 1-1 draw Updated: Feb-07-16 2:26 pm
LONDON - Chelsea striker Diego Costa struck in stoppage time against Manchester United to maintain his scoring streak under interim manager Guus Hiddink, ensuring a 1-1 stalemate in Sunday's meeting of fallen Premier League powers.
- Big spending Chinese clubs show global ambitions Updated: Feb-05-16 10:15 am
The European transfer window is not so European any more, with Chinese clubs outspending the continent's richest clubs in January to prove that the country is now a genuine power in attracting the world's best players.
- American midfielder Stuart Holden retires from soccer at 30 Updated: Feb-03-16 5:06 pm
CHICAGO - American midfielder Stuart Holden is retiring from soccer, unable to recover from knee injuries that have sidelined him for most of the past four years.
- Van Nistelrooy to leave Dutch coaching staff for PSV Updated: Feb-03-16 6:46 am
AMSTERDAM - Ruud van Nistelrooy will not renew his contract as Netherlands coach Danny Blind's assistant when it expires at the end of June and instead will join former club PSV Eindhoven to train young strikers.
- City puts United further in shade with Guardiola coup Updated: Feb-02-16 7:15 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Pep Guardiola's imminent arrival in the Premier League is a game-changer not just for Manchester City but for English soccer, bringing a coveted, visionary coach to a club already having a stated aim of being a "leader in the world of football."
- Manchester United eases to 3-0 Premier League win over Stoke Updated: Feb-02-16 6:21 pm
MANCHESTER - Manchester United eased to a 3-0 victory against Stoke in the Premier League on Tuesday, with an attacking display at Old Trafford signaling a potential upturn in confidence at the club.
- Guardiola to become Man City manager, replacing Pellegrini Updated: Feb-01-16 1:09 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Pep Guardiola and Manchester City have long been considered a likely match: Soccer's most admired coach and a club with massive spending power seeking to become the dominant force in Europe.
- Before Liga clash, Barca & Atletico aims to advance in Copa Updated: Jan-26-16 7:48 am
BARCELONA, Spain - Barcelona and Atletico Madrid will both look to seal their spots in the Copa del Rey's semifinals on Wednesday ahead of their highly-anticipated Spanish league clash.
- Man United sends goalkeeper Valdes to Liege Updated: Jan-24-16 7:37 am
MANCHESTER, England - Victor Valdes' short-lived Manchester United career seems over.
- US-born forward Giuseppe Rossi ready to leave Fiorentina Updated: Jan-21-16 3:01 pm
FLORENCE, Italy - American-born forward Giuseppe Rossi has made it clear he is on the verge of leaving Serie A club Fiorentina in search of more playing time.
- PSG coach Laurent Blanc already focusing on Chelsea match Updated: Jan-21-16 7:39 am
PARIS - Paris Saint-Germain's quest for a fourth straight league title is proving so easy that coach Laurent Blanc is already looking ahead to the Champions League game against Chelsea next month.
- Real is top soccer moneymaker again, top 20 clubs make $7bn Updated: Jan-20-16 7:52 pm
- Rooney scores again as Man United beats Liverpool 1-0 Updated: Jan-17-16 1:40 pm
LIVERPOOL, England - It was only three weeks ago that Manchester United was on an eight-match winless streak, Wayne Rooney was so out of form he was dropped to the bench, and manager Louis van Gaal appeared to be contemplating resigning.
- Chicago takes Harrison with 1st pick; trades him to NYCFC Updated: Jan-14-16 5:19 pm
- Big teams kept apart in FA Cup 4th-round draw Updated: Jan-11-16 2:57 pm
LONDON - English football's top sides were kept apart in the draw for the fourth round of the FA Cup on Monday, with Manchester United and defending champion Arsenal paired with second-tier opponents.
- Draw for 4th round of FA Cup Updated: Jan-11-16 2:44 pm
LONDON - Draw Monday for the fourth round of England's FA Cup (matches to be played from Jan. 29-Feb. 1):