- Grigg gets Northern Ireland call for Euro 2016 Updated: May-28-16 9:55 am
BELFAST, Northern Ireland - Will Grigg has been chosen as Northern Ireland's fourth striker for the European Championship, a day after scoring his first international goal.
- Teenage star Rashford scores in 3rd minute of England debut Updated: May-27-16 5:27 pm
SUNDERLAND, England - Teenage star Marcus Rashford made a convincing case to be included in England's squad for the European Championship by scoring within three minutes of his international debut in a 2-1 friendly win over Australia on Friday.
- Man United sensation Rashford scores on England debut Updated: May-27-16 3:11 pm
SUNDERLAND, England - He scored on his Manchester United debut, on his Premier League debut and in his first Manchester derby.
- Serial winner Mourinho hired to revive fading Man United Updated: May-27-16 7:40 am
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United needed a serial winner to restore the team's status as a European powerhouse. Jose Mourinho craved an iconic stage like Old Trafford to remind the world of his rare talent as a coach.
- Mourinho-Guardiola rivalry set to rekindle in England Updated: May-27-16 5:07 am
MADRID - The rivalry between Jose Mourinho and Pep Guardiola is about to be renewed.
- Jose Mourinho facing lengthy to-do list at Man United Updated: May-27-16 5:06 am
MANCHESTER, England - Jose Mourinho has a lengthy to-do list after taking over at Manchester United.
- Thai-backed Sheffield Wednesday 90 minutes from EPL return Updated: May-26-16 12:11 pm
Two of the feel-good stories in English soccer this season both started with Thai businessmen dreaming big for their teams.
- Ancelotti hoping for some stability at Bayern Munich Updated: May-26-16 9:58 am
LONDON - Carlo Ancelotti's next managerial assignment soon begins at Bayern Munich, and he still hasn't mastered German.
- Seeking a new club, Ibrahimovic gives Man United hint Updated: May-26-16 8:35 am
STOCKHOLM - Zlatan Ibrahimovic deliberated, tapped his fingers on the desk in front of him and let out a beaming smile.
- Study: Man United, Real Madrid soccer's most valuable clubs Updated: May-25-16 7:18 pm
LONDON - Accountancy firm KPMG says Manchester United and Real Madrid are soccer's most valuable clubs, worth an estimated 2.9 billion euros ($3.2 billion) each.
- Arsenal received bigger EPL windfall than champion Leicester Updated: May-24-16 12:44 pm
LONDON - Arsenal received the most Premier League prize money last season despite finishing behind champion Leicester.
- As Man U aura fades, Mourinho can make club box office again Updated: May-24-16 11:39 am
LONDON - The stability Alex Ferguson fostered over more than 26 years at Old Trafford has eroded in the three years since his retirement. Manchester United often seems like just any other team, shorn of its aura of superiority and orderly calm while churning through managers.
- UEFA fines Liverpool, Man United for chants in Europa League Updated: May-24-16 10:07 am
NYON, Switzerland - UEFA has fined Liverpool and Manchester United 20,000 euros ($22,300) each for offensive chants by fans at their Europa League round of 16 matches.
- Man United fires Van Gaal, expected to appoint Mourinho soon Updated: May-23-16 5:59 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Replacing Alex Ferguson is proving harder than Manchester United could ever have imagined.
- Louis van Gaal's highs and lows at Man United Updated: May-23-16 4:56 pm
LONDON - Louis van Gaal's time as Manchester United manager came to an end on Monday after two seasons at the club.
- The Latest: United says Van Gaal's legacy is promoting youth Updated: May-23-16 4:29 pm
MANCHESTER, England - The Latest on Manchester United (all times local):
- Van Gaal's legacy: Big spending, dull games, accent on youth Updated: May-23-16 4:05 pm
MANCHESTER, England - So, after $375 million in transfers, two seasons of often mind-numbing soccer, one trophy and countless references to his "process" and "philosophy," Louis van Gaal is no longer manager of Manchester United. The English Premier League club announced his departure on Monday evening.
- Left off squad, Balotelli denied chance at Euros encore Updated: May-23-16 10:14 am
ROME - There will be no encore performance for Mario Balotelli at the European Championship.
- From champs to flops, assessing the European soccer season Updated: May-23-16 7:00 am
- PSG faces tough task replacing talisman Zlatan Ibrahimovic Updated: May-22-16 8:58 am
PARIS - Famed for his lack of modesty as much as outrageous goals, Zlatan Ibrahimovic ended his Paris Saint-Germain career with a typically brash message.
- Uncertainty faces Van Gaal despite ending Man United drought Updated: May-21-16 6:14 pm
LONDON - Louis van Gaal had little time to savor delivering Manchester United's first trophy since the Alex Ferguson dynasty ended three years ago.
- Klopp cops for blame as Liverpool let Europa League slip Updated: May-18-16 7:34 pm
BASEL, Switzerland - Liverpool coach Juergen Klopp took the blame for his team letting first-half dominance over Sevilla slip away in the Europa League final.
- Strootman back in Dutch squad after 2 years of injury misery Updated: May-18-16 10:29 am
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - Kevin Strootman was included in the Netherlands squad Wednesday after more than two years out because of knee injuries.
- United beats Bournemouth 3-1, finishes 5th in EPL Updated: May-17-16 6:26 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United's absence from the Champions League for the second time in three years was confirmed on Tuesday after a 3-1 win over Bournemouth in an English Premier League game hastily rearranged because of a bomb scare.
- Business as usual at Old Trafford after bomb scare Updated: May-17-16 1:46 pm
MANCHESTER, England - It was business as usual at Manchester United after the bomb scare at Old Trafford last weekend, with fans arriving for the rearranged English Premier League game against Bournemouth on Tuesday apparently meeting with the same levels of security as previous matches.