- Raiders owner to Las Vegas: Build it and we will come Updated: Apr-28-16 4:51 pm
LAS VEGAS - Mark Davis was beaming as he posed with fans behind a black and silver "Las Vegas Raiders" banner. He made a few jokes before delivering a $500 million commitment to a new stadium in the city for his team.
- Agbonlahor quits as captain of relegated Aston Villa Updated: Apr-28-16 12:04 pm
BIRMINGHAM, England - Gabby Agbonlahor has quit as Aston Villa captain and apologized for his off-field conduct.
- Bargain-buys, cast-offs driving Leicester's pursuit of title Updated: Apr-28-16 11:13 am
LEICESTER, England - They are the bargain-buys and cast-offs from bigger clubs now on the verge of becoming Premier League champions.
- Column: Where Leicester fits in sports' history of underdogs Updated: Apr-28-16 10:47 am
PARIS - On the list of improbabilities, just behind hell freezing over and pigs taking to the air was Leicester winning the Premier League. That, at least, is how things seemed nine months ago, at the start of the most unlikely championship charge in English football history.
- FIFA president says Leicester proves fairytales are possible Updated: Apr-28-16 9:30 am
BANGKOK - FIFA President Gianni Infantino visited the headquarters of Leicester's ownership company on Thursday and said the club's Premier League title run shows that fairytales are still possible.
- UEFA opens case against Sakho after failed doping test Updated: Apr-28-16 9:23 am
NYON, Switzerland - UEFA has opened disciplinary proceedings against Mamadou Sakho after the Liverpool defender failed a doping test.
- Suarez and Barcelona lead AP Global Football 10 Updated: Apr-26-16 2:52 pm
LONDON - Eight goals in two games for Barcelona sent Luis Suarez straight to the top of the Associated Press Global Football 10 on Tuesday.
- Vardy suspended for Leicester game at Manchester United Updated: Apr-26-16 4:26 am
LONDON - Leicester striker Jamie Vardy has been banned for an extra game and will miss Sunday's trip to Manchester United, where the Foxes could clinch the English Premier League title.
- Leicester 1 win from Premier League title after Spurs held Updated: Apr-25-16 6:25 pm
LONDON - Leicester is one victory from becoming one of the unlikeliest champions in English football history - a year after nearly being relegated from the Premier League.
- Leicester winger Mahrez voted England's player of the year Updated: Apr-24-16 6:17 pm
LONDON - Leicester winger Riyad Mahrez became the first African to be named English football's player of the year on Sunday, straight after the Algerian helped his team close in on the Premier League title.
- Leicester copes without Vardy to take another step to title Updated: Apr-24-16 2:53 pm
LONDON - No Jamie Vardy, no problem for Leicester.
- Leicester crushes Swansea 4-0, closing in on 1st PL title Updated: Apr-24-16 2:27 pm
LEICESTER, England - Leicester easily coped without suspended top-scorer Jamie Vardy on Sunday, sweeping to a 4-0 victory over Swansea to move closer to winning the English top flight for the first time in the club's 132-year history.
- Palace beats Watford 2-1 to face Man U in FA Cup final Updated: Apr-24-16 1:05 pm
LONDON - Connor Wickham headed Crystal Palace into the FA Cup final for the first time in 26 years as his team beat Watford 2-1 at Wembley Stadium on Sunday.
- Martial scores late to send Man United into FA Cup final Updated: Apr-23-16 5:53 pm
LONDON - Anthony Martial darted through the Everton defense, slotted in Manchester United's winner and continued his run past the Wembley Stadium stewards before launching himself into the crowd.
- Liverpool defender Mamadou Sakho fails UEFA doping test Updated: Apr-23-16 11:40 am
LONDON - Liverpool defender Mamadou Sakho failed a drugs test after last month's Europa League game against Manchester United and he has until Tuesday to explain it to UEFA.
- Man City eases past Stoke 4-0 to keep pressure on Man United Updated: Apr-23-16 10:18 am
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester City easily defeated Stoke 4-0 in the English Premier League on Saturday to move five points clear of rival Manchester United in the fight for a Champions League spot.
- Thousands of seats empty as Sanchez double sends Arsenal 3rd Updated: Apr-21-16 6:15 pm
LONDON - Alexis Sanchez was surrounded by thousands of empty seats inside Emirates Stadium as he scored twice against West Bromwich Albion to ease Arsenal back into third place with a 2-0 win on Thursday.
- Title rivals Leicester, Spurs have 8 players in team of year Updated: Apr-21-16 3:25 pm
LONDON - Title rivals Leicester and Tottenham have four players each in the English Premier League team of the year voted by their fellow professionals.
- Man United beats Palace 2-0 to boost bid to break into top 4 Updated: Apr-20-16 5:43 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United prepared for the FA Cup semifinals by beating Crystal Palace 2-0 on Wednesday to enhance its bid to break into the top four places and qualify for the Champions League.
- Liverpool routs Everton 4-0 but striker Origi is carried off Updated: Apr-20-16 5:35 pm
LIVERPOOL, England - Liverpool striker Divock Origi scored before being carried off on a stretcher as Everton was overwhelmed 4-0 in Wednesday's Merseyside derby.
- Newcastle holds Man City 1-1, Aguero reaches 100 EPL goals Updated: Apr-19-16 6:47 pm
NEWCASTLE, England - Newcastle continued its late fight to avoid relegation from the top tier, drawing 1-1 with Manchester City on Tuesday after Sergio Aguero became the second fastest player to score 100 English Premier League goals.
- Leicester's Vardy charged by FA over reaction to red card Updated: Apr-18-16 5:56 pm
LONDON - Jamie Vardy faces having his mandatory one-match ban lengthened, potentially ruling the striker out of more of Leicester's title run-in, after he was charged Monday by the English Football Association over his angry reaction to a red card.
- More turmoil for relegated Aston Villa as directors quit Updated: Apr-18-16 12:19 pm
BIRMINGHAM, England - Aston Villa's turmoil has mounted with the sudden resignation of two directors after the club's relegation from the Premier League was confirmed.
- Vardy fury, 2 penalties as Leicester's charge to title slows Updated: Apr-17-16 3:03 pm
LEICESTER, England - Leicester striker Jamie Vardy was bemused and then furious, jabbing his right finger toward the referee who had just brandished the red card.
- Everton fan confronts Martinez after draw with Southampton Updated: Apr-16-16 12:24 pm
LIVERPOOL, England - A disgruntled Everton fan confronted manager Roberto Martinez on the field after a 1-1 draw with Southampton in the Premier League on Saturday.