- Valencia says coach Nuno is leaving by mutual agreement Updated: Nov-30-15 1:29 pm
MADRID - Valencia says coach Nuno Espirito Santo is leaving the club by mutual agreement.
- Victory goes top in A-League as fans stage walkout Updated: Nov-28-15 4:32 pm
SYDNEY - The Melbourne Victory played through a staged walkout by fans to beat Adelaide United 2-1 and move atop the A-League in the eighth round on Saturday.
- Vardy sets EPL record by scoring in 11th straight game Updated: Nov-28-15 2:32 pm
LEICESTER, England - Leicester striker Jamie Vardy set an English Premier League record on Saturday by scoring for the 11th straight game.
- Vardy breaks scoring record, Leicester holds United 1-1 Updated: Nov-28-15 2:28 pm
LEICESTER, England - Jamie Vardy wheeled away in celebration, pointing repeatedly to his chest and taking in the adulation of the crowd.
- United short of strikers after James Wilson loaned out Updated: Nov-27-15 7:23 am
MANCHESTER, England - As the final whistle blew on Manchester United's fourth goalless draw in its last seven matches, the boos filling Old Trafford were another indicator of disenchantment about the team's playing style.
- Leicester upstaging the big names in English Premier League Updated: Nov-26-15 11:44 am
MANCHESTER, England - A glance at the top of Europe's big leagues tells a mostly familiar story after a third of the season.
- Vardy takes unlikely route to Premier League record book Updated: Nov-26-15 11:37 am
Jamie Vardy's unconventional route to the English Premier League's record book began with heartbreaking rejection from his hometown club at 16 and back-breaking work in a carbon-fiber factory.
- Hertha next to try halt Bayern Munich's Bundesliga charge Updated: Nov-26-15 6:00 am
BERLIN - Bayern Munich's dominance in the Bundesliga has German football fans looking elsewhere for drama with the race for European places and relegation battles providing the lion's share of excitement.
- Ibrahimovic scores on CL return to Malmo, Juve beats City Updated: Nov-25-15 6:36 pm
PARIS - Zlatan Ibrahimovic celebrated his return to his first senior club with a goal as Paris Saint-Germain advanced to the knockout phase of the Champions League on Wednesday while Juventus claimed top spot to qualify from Group D with a 1-0 win over Manchester City.
- Rooney tells United to be more ruthless after 0-0 vs PSV Updated: Nov-25-15 6:13 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United's Champions League ambitions were plunged into doubt after a 0-0 home draw against PSV Eindhoven on Wednesday that highlighted the English team's attacking shortcomings under manager Louis van Gaal.
- Schuerrle steers Wolfsburg to 2-0 win over CSKA Moscow Updated: Nov-25-15 5:02 pm
KHIMKI, Russia - Andre Schuerrle scored one goal and made the other as Wolfsburg beat CSKA Moscow 2-0 on Wednesday in the Champions League.
- United looking to secure Champions League knockout place Updated: Nov-24-15 7:45 am
LONDON - Wayne Rooney and Anthony Martial returned to training for Manchester United on Tuesday, though the team could still be hindered by a lengthy injury list as it bids to secure a place in the last 16 of the Champions League against PSV Eindhoven.
- Barcelona hosts Roma amid heightened security measures Updated: Nov-22-15 10:33 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - Fresh from its domestic demolition of Real Madrid, Barcelona will be aiming to advance to the Champions League knockout rounds for a 12th straight year when it hosts Roma on Tuesday.
- Brace for Kane as Tottenham beats West Ham in easy 4-1 win Updated: Nov-22-15 3:34 pm
LONDON - England striker Harry Kane scored twice as Tottenham brushed aside London rival West Ham in a convincing 4-1 victory at White Hart Lane on Sunday.
- Leicester's Vardy equals scoring record in win vs Newcastle Updated: Nov-21-15 12:03 pm
NEWCASTLE, England - Jamie Vardy equaled the Premier League record by scoring in 10 straight matches as Leicester beat Newcastle 3-0 to provisionally move to the top of the standings on Saturday.
- Man United requires late own goal to beat Watford 2-1 Updated: Nov-21-15 10:03 am
WATFORD, England - Watford striker Troy Deeney scored a 90th-minute own goal, soon after converting an equalizing penalty, to gift Manchester United a 2-1 win in the English Premier League on Saturday.
- Man United facing striker shortage as EPL resumes Updated: Nov-20-15 5:58 am
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United is facing a striker crisis for its English Premier League game against Watford on Saturday, with Wayne Rooney, Anthony Martial, and backup Marouane Fellaini ruled out.
- Stadiums on red alert as football resumes after Paris terror Updated: Nov-19-15 11:31 am
PARIS - Fear and trepidation, rather than excitement and thrills, may grip fans when Europe's domestic soccer leagues resume this weekend in the wake of deadly terror attacks in Paris.
- With Benzema out, France coach Deschamps considers options Updated: Nov-10-15 12:13 pm
CLAIREFONTAINE, France - France's upcoming matches against Germany and England have extra significance in the absence of first-choice striker Karim Benzema.
- Sociedad hires coach Eusebio Sacristan to replace Moyes Updated: Nov-10-15 4:07 am
SAN SEBASTIAN, Spain - Real Sociedad has hired former Barcelona player Eusebio Sacristan to replace David Moyes as the Spanish club's manager.
- Real Sociedad fires coach David Moyes after poor results Updated: Nov-09-15 11:26 am
MADRID - Real Sociedad has fired coach David Moyes exactly a year after the Scotsman was hired to help lift it from the tail-end of the Spanish league.
- Okaka and Cerci among recalls for Italy friendlies Updated: Nov-08-15 5:39 pm
MILAN - Italy coach Antonio Conte has recalled Stefano Okaka and Alessio Cerci, as well as Juventus midfielder Claudio Marchisio to his 28-man squad for upcoming friendlies against Belgium and Romania.
- Manchester United beat West Brom 2-0 in the EPL Updated: Nov-07-15 1:09 pm
MACHESTER, England - Manchester United provisionally moved within one point of the English Premier League summit after beating West Bromwich Albion 2-0 on Saturday.
- Striker Mario Gomez recalled to German national team Updated: Nov-06-15 12:36 pm
FRANKFURT, Germany - Striker Mario Gomez has been recalled for Germany for the friendlies against France and the Netherlands, with coach Joachim Loew also calling up Schalke teenager Leroy Sane for the first time.
- Diego Costa recalled for Spain's national team Updated: Nov-06-15 9:40 am
MADRID - Diego Costa is back with Spain's national team after being left out of the last two matches because of suspensions.