- Argentina forward Aguero will miss next World Cup qualifier Updated: Oct-09-15 3:36 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Sergio Aguero will miss Argentina's World Cup qualifier against Paraguay next week with a left-leg injury.
- Japan under pressure in Asian World Cup qualification Updated: Oct-06-15 6:51 pm
SEOUL, South Korea - On a night of big games in Asia, Japan will be under the most pressure as a defeat to Syria in their 2018 World Cup qualifier on Thursday would cast doubt on its chances of making it to Russia.
- A-League looks to continue fan growth in its 11th season Updated: Oct-05-15 10:19 pm
SYDNEY - Australian football's A-League opens its 11th season Thursday hoping to continue surging audience growth while wrestling with player discontent and financial crises affecting some clubs.
- Mourinho raises prospect of being fired after 4th loss in 8 Updated: Oct-03-15 3:24 pm
Defending champion Chelsea fell to its fourth loss of the Premier League season on Saturday, leaving Jose Mourinho talking about the possibility of being fired.
- Chelsea crashes to fourth loss of title defense Updated: Oct-03-15 3:06 pm
LONDON - Chelsea's troubled season took another turn for the worse on Saturday when Southampton inflicted a fourth loss in eight games of Jose Mourinho's Premier League title defense.
- Aguero nets 5 goals as Man City beats Newcastle 6-1 Updated: Oct-03-15 12:35 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Sergio Aguero scored five goals in a 20-minute spell as Manchester City used a second-half onslaught to beat Newcastle 6-1 Saturday and provisionally reclaim top spot in the Premier League.
- United visits Arsenal back in familiar position - as leader Updated: Oct-01-15 12:26 pm
For the first time in 110 weeks, Manchester United enters a Premier League game as the leader. And a trip to Arsenal on Sunday is the perfect platform for Louis van Gaal's side to justify - and fortify - its spot at the summit.
- Marseille midfielder Diarra earns call back with France Updated: Oct-01-15 9:58 am
PARIS - Marseille midfielder Lassana Diarra is back in France's squad for upcoming friendlies against Armenia and Denmark, five years after his last game with the national team.
- Ings, Alli get 1st England call-up for final qualifiers Updated: Oct-01-15 7:40 am
LONDON - Liverpool striker Danny Ings and Tottenham midfielder Dele Alli have been called up by England for the first time for the last two European Championship qualifiers.
- Ancelotti looms as Rudi Garcia feels the pressure at Roma Updated: Oct-01-15 5:57 am
ROME - Rudi Garcia is running out of room for missteps at Roma, with Carlo Ancelotti already being named as a possible replacement.
- Another record for Ronaldo, another win for Madrid Updated: Sep-30-15 7:02 pm
MADRID - Cristiano Ronaldo surpassed the 500-goal mark and Real Madrid hailed him as the club's all-time leading scorer on Wednesday, while Manchester United and Manchester City rebounded from opening losses to remain in contention in the Champions League.
- Juventus beats Sevilla to go top of Champions League group Updated: Sep-30-15 6:08 pm
TURIN, Italy - Juventus eased to a 2-0 win over Sevilla to move top of Group D in the Champions League on Wednesday as the Turin side once again put its domestic woes to one side.
- Aguero penalty gives Man City 2-1 win over 'Gladbach Updated: Sep-30-15 4:51 pm
MOENCHENGLADBACH, Germany - Sergio Aguero scored a last-minute penalty to give Manchester City a 2-1 victory at Borussia Moenchengladbach as the English side got the first win of its Champions League campaign Wednesday.
- Humbled in CL, English to restore pride in Europa League Updated: Sep-30-15 7:49 am
LONDON - While Premier League sides struggle in the Champions League, the Europa League offers Liverpool and Tottenham the chance to restore some credibility for English teams competing in Europe.
- Quotes from voters in this week's AP Global Football 10 Updated: Sep-29-15 12:49 pm
LONDON - Quotes from voters in this week's Associated Press Global Football 10:
- Bayern Munich, Lewandowski at top of AP Global Football 10 Updated: Sep-29-15 12:35 pm
LONDON - Bayern Munich and Robert Lewandowski took the top spots in The Associated Press Global Football 10 polls on Tuesday.
- Juventus, City look to rebound from domestic woes in Europe Updated: Sep-29-15 6:44 am
TURIN, Italy - Juventus and Manchester City will both be looking to rebound from domestic woes on Wednesday in the Champions League.
- Lacazette blames Lyon boss ahead of Champions League match Updated: Sep-28-15 9:20 am
PARIS - Alexandre Lacazette looks a shadow of the player who was banging in goals for Lyon last season.
- Barcelona to be tested without Messi in Champions League Updated: Sep-28-15 1:31 am
MADRID - Barcelona's first game without the injured Lionel Messi will be an important one in the Champions League.
- West Ham scores late to rescue point against Norwich Updated: Sep-26-15 1:44 pm
LONDON - Cheikhou Kayoute netted a late goal on Saturday to earn his team a draw as West Ham and Norwich City battled to a 2-2 draw at the Boleyn ground.
- Tottenham rallies to beat Man City 4-1 in Premier League Updated: Sep-26-15 10:29 am
LONDON - Harry Kane scored his first goal of the season for Tottenham as Spurs roared back from a goal down to hammer early title favorite Manchester City 4-1 in the Premier League on Saturday.
- Easy for Man City, Swansea loses to 2nd tier Hull in Cup Updated: Sep-22-15 6:57 pm
LONDON - Manchester City bounced back from its shock Premier League loss to West Ham at the weekend by scoring four goals in the first 36 minutes to beat Sunderland 4-1 in the League Cup third round on Tuesday.
- Ferguson reveals pursuit of Guardiola as United successor Updated: Sep-21-15 9:48 pm
LONDON - Alex Ferguson lined up Pep Guardiola as his potential successor at Manchester United but the Spanish coach didn't call him before taking the Bayern Munich job.
- Norwich captain scores vs Liverpool after son's birth Updated: Sep-20-15 3:38 pm
LIVERPOOL, England - After dashing across England through the night to see the birth of his son, Norwich captain Russell Martin made it back to Liverpool in time to play on Sunday - and scored to secure a 1-1 draw.
- West Ham beats Manchester City 2-1 in the Premier League Updated: Sep-19-15 3:15 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester City's perfect start to the Premier League season ended Saturday with a 2-1 home loss to West Ham, which extended its stunning run of away results.