- Serial winner Mourinho hired to revive fading Man United Updated: May-27-16 7:40 am
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United needed a serial winner to restore the team's status as a European powerhouse. Jose Mourinho craved an iconic stage like Old Trafford to remind the world of his rare talent as a coach.
- Evans to face new rape trial in October Updated: May-27-16 6:35 am
CARDIFF, Wales - A former Premier League player whose rape conviction was overturned will face a new trial in October.
- Mourinho-Guardiola rivalry set to rekindle in England Updated: May-27-16 5:07 am
MADRID - The rivalry between Jose Mourinho and Pep Guardiola is about to be renewed.
- Zidane feels 'lucky' to be back in Champions League final Updated: May-26-16 2:15 pm
MADRID - Zinedine Zidane couldn't have asked for much more after only five months as Real Madrid's head coach. The former France great has a chance to end the season celebrating the Champions League title, just like he did 14 years ago as a player for the Spanish powerhouse.
- Study: Man United, Real Madrid soccer's most valuable clubs Updated: May-25-16 7:18 pm
LONDON - Accountancy firm KPMG says Manchester United and Real Madrid are soccer's most valuable clubs, worth an estimated 2.9 billion euros ($3.2 billion) each.
- Arsenal received bigger EPL windfall than champion Leicester Updated: May-24-16 12:44 pm
LONDON - Arsenal received the most Premier League prize money last season despite finishing behind champion Leicester.
- Cristiano Ronaldo OK after injury scare in Madrid practice Updated: May-24-16 12:31 pm
MADRID - Cristiano Ronaldo left Real Madrid's training session early after an injury scare on Tuesday, but doctors said the forward is not at risk of missing the Champions League final.
- As Man U aura fades, Mourinho can make club box office again Updated: May-24-16 11:39 am
LONDON - The stability Alex Ferguson fostered over more than 26 years at Old Trafford has eroded in the three years since his retirement. Manchester United often seems like just any other team, shorn of its aura of superiority and orderly calm while churning through managers.
- Man United fires Van Gaal, expected to appoint Mourinho soon Updated: May-23-16 5:59 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Replacing Alex Ferguson is proving harder than Manchester United could ever have imagined.
- Louis van Gaal's highs and lows at Man United Updated: May-23-16 4:56 pm
LONDON - Louis van Gaal's time as Manchester United manager came to an end on Monday after two seasons at the club.
- From champs to flops, assessing the European soccer season Updated: May-23-16 7:00 am
- Kane, Vardy score again to earn England 2-1 win over Turkey Updated: May-22-16 3:31 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Harry Kane and Jamie Vardy transferred their scoring form in the Premier League to the international stage Sunday, netting England's goals in an unconvincing 2-1 victory over Turkey in the teams' first warmup match ahead of the European Championship.
- PSG faces tough task replacing talisman Zlatan Ibrahimovic Updated: May-22-16 8:58 am
PARIS - Famed for his lack of modesty as much as outrageous goals, Zlatan Ibrahimovic ended his Paris Saint-Germain career with a typically brash message.
- Villa owner wants team promoted, and to help soccer in China Updated: May-20-16 12:16 pm
BEIJING - The little-known businessman who bought Aston Villa is hoping to improve both the English club and Chinese soccer in general.
- English soccer club Aston Villa sold to Chinese buyer Updated: May-18-16 8:11 pm
BIRMINGHAM, England - Aston Villa was sold Wednesday to a Chinese businessman after a decade under the American ownership of Randy Lerner.
- United beats Bournemouth 3-1, finishes 5th in EPL Updated: May-17-16 6:26 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United's absence from the Champions League for the second time in three years was confirmed on Tuesday after a 3-1 win over Bournemouth in an English Premier League game hastily rearranged because of a bomb scare.
- Spain without Diego Costa, Torres on early Euro 2016 list Updated: May-17-16 8:26 am
MADRID - Spain coach Vicente del Bosque left strikers Diego Costa and Fernando Torres off his preliminary list for the European Championship on Tuesday.
- Rashford gets England call to continue remarkable rise Updated: May-16-16 12:34 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Three months ago, Marcus Rashford hadn't started a game above under-19 level.
- The Latest: Mayor demands inquiry after security 'fiasco' Updated: May-15-16 7:11 pm
MANCHESTER, England - The Latest on the evacuation of Manchester United's stadium after a suspicious package was found (all times local):
- Man City all but secures Champions League spot Updated: May-15-16 2:37 pm
SWANSEA, Wales - Manchester City effectively secured a Champions League place for next season with a 1-1 draw against Swansea in the English Premier League on Sunday.
- Pep Guardiola leaves Munich showered in beer and praise Updated: May-14-16 5:53 pm
BERLIN - Pep Guardiola was showered with beer and praise during Bundesliga title celebrations following his last home game as Bayern Munich coach on Saturday.
- Klopp effect gripping Liverpool ahead of Europa League final Updated: May-13-16 12:47 pm
LIVERPOOL, England - Liverpool had just overwhelmed Villarreal to clinch its place in the Europa League final when an emotional Juergen Klopp raced onto the field and embraced his players, each hug appearing warm and genuine.
- Kompany out, Liverpool pair in Belgium's Euro 2016 squad Updated: May-12-16 7:10 am
BRUSSELS - Vincent Kompany was officially left off Belgium's 23-man squad for next month's European Championship on Thursday.
- Jose Mourinho certain he will be managing again by July Updated: May-12-16 2:28 am
MEXICO CITY - Jose Mourinho is certain he will be managing a club within two months but says the delayed appointment will compromise preseason preparations.
- Welbeck out for 9 months with knee injury, to miss Euro 2016 Updated: May-11-16 12:11 pm
LONDON - England forward Danny Welbeck will miss the European Championship after being ruled out for nine months by Arsenal on Wednesday because of a knee injury.