- A guide to all 20 Premier League teams for the new season Updated: Aug-04-15 4:27 am
LONDON - A guide to all 20 Premier League teams ahead of the upcoming 2015-16 season, which starts Saturday:
- Sterling boost but City senior trio must shine for title bid Updated: Aug-04-15 4:17 am
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester City has gambled on Raheem Sterling being the key signing that manager Manuel Pellegrini needs to lift his team back to the top of English soccer.
- Liverpool hopes for new era with Henderson at the helm Updated: Aug-03-15 9:27 am
When Liverpool walks out against Stoke at the Britannia Stadium on the opening day of the season, a new man will lead the way.
- Optimism at Man United tempered by absent striking quality Updated: Aug-03-15 7:02 am
MANCHESTER, England - For a club of Manchester United's standing, two years out of the Premier League title conversation is two too many.
- Man City loan out Jovetic, Liverpool sells Lambert Updated: Jul-31-15 2:18 pm
LONDON - Manchester City loaned Stevan Jovetic to Inter Milan and Liverpool sold Rickie Lambert to West Bromwich Albion on Friday, a week before the start of the new Premier League season.
- Red Bulls sign Wright-Phillips, brother of team's top scorer Updated: Jul-28-15 5:35 pm
HARRISON, New Jersey - As fate would have it, the wedding of Bradley and Leanne Wright-Phillips turned out to be a blessing for the New York Red Bulls organization.
- Jovetic undergoing medical with Inter in move from City Updated: Jul-28-15 6:17 am
MILAN - Injury-plagued forward Stevan Jovetic is undergoing medical exams with Inter Milan as part of a transfer from Manchester City.
- Beasley still interested in playing for national team Updated: Jul-28-15 3:54 am
DENVER - A quick heads up to Jurgen Klinsmann: Should you ever need DaMarcus Beasley for national team duty again, just call. The veteran of four World Cups will always listen.
- New York Red Bulls sign Shaun Wright-Phillips Updated: Jul-27-15 11:58 am
LONDON - The New York Red Bulls have completed the signing of former Manchester City and Chelsea midfielder Shaun Wright-Phillips on a free transfer.
- Red Bulls sign Bradley Wright-Phillips' brother, Shaun Updated: Jul-27-15 10:54 am
HARRISON, New Jersey - The New York Red Bulls have signed the brother of defending MLS leading goal-scorer Bradley Wright-Phillips.
- The Latest: Conte says facing Spain 'very stimulating' Updated: Jul-25-15 5:51 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Russia - The latest on Saturday's 2018 World Cup qualifying draw (times are local):
- Roma players refused entry to Indonesia, no reason given Updated: Jul-25-15 3:07 am
JAKARTA, Indonesia - Five Roma players have been denied entry to Indonesia during the club's preseason tour and have been forced to fly back to Italy.
- Ronaldo shines, Delph injured as Madrid beats Man City 4-1 Updated: Jul-24-15 8:59 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Cristiano Ronaldo scored one goal and was unlucky not to have another as Real Madrid beat Manchester City 4-1 in front of almost 100,000 fans at the Melbourne Cricket Ground in a friendly on Friday.
- Rafael Benitez says Sergio Ramos to stay with Real Madrid Updated: Jul-23-15 2:36 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Real Madrid manager Rafael Benitez says defender Sergio Ramos will "100 percent" stay with the Spanish club and not make a move to Manchester United.
- European court rejects Financial Fair Play challenge Updated: Jul-22-15 10:41 am
NYON, Switzerland - UEFA says it has won at the European Union's supreme court after a legal challenge to "Financial Fair Play" rules that curb club spending was thrown out.
- Raheem Sterling scores early in City's match against Roma Updated: Jul-21-15 9:39 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Raheem Sterling took less than three minutes to score his first goal in a Manchester City shirt as the English club beat Roma 5-4 on penalties after a 2-2 draw Tuesday in a preseason friendly.
- Platini wants to stop top teams signing all the best players Updated: Jul-19-15 6:29 am
ZURICH - UEFA President Michel Platini wants to stop top teams stockpiling the best players to ensure football remains competitive.
- Roma beats Real Madrid 7-6 on penalties in friendly Updated: Jul-18-15 9:13 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Rafael Benitez opened his tenure as Real Madrid manager with a 7-6 loss on penalties to Roma in a pre-season friendly watched by more than 80,000 people at the Melbourne Cricket Ground on Saturday.
- Delph makes U-turn, leaves Aston Villa for Man City Updated: Jul-17-15 4:29 pm
MANCHESTER, England - England midfielder Fabian Delph signed a five-year contract with Manchester City on Friday, less than a week after telling Aston Villa fans he was staying with the Premier League club.
- Kaka tops Gerrard, Lampard, Pirlo on MLS salary list Updated: Jul-17-15 12:53 pm
BETHESDA, Maryland - Kaka remains Major League Soccer's highest-paid player at just over $7 million, and newcomer Steven Gerrard is No. 4 behind Toronto midfielders Sebastian Giovinco and Michael Bradley.
- Liverpool beats Brisbane Roar 2-1 on late James Milner goal Updated: Jul-17-15 7:59 am
BRISBANE, Australia - James Milner scored the winner in the 75th minute to give Liverpool a 2-1 comeback win over A-League club Brisbane Roar in a friendly match Friday in front of more than 50,000 fans at Suncorp Stadium.
- Benitez not happy with MCG pitch ahead of 1st match Updated: Jul-17-15 1:21 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Rafael Benitez says he's pleased to be in Australia to kick off his managerial career with Real Madrid but not so happy about the Melbourne Cricket Ground surface for Saturday's match with Roma.
- Sterling completes $76M move to Man City from Liverpool Updated: Jul-14-15 6:12 pm
LONDON - Raheem Sterling became the most expensive English footballer ever on Tuesday after joining Manchester City from Premier League rival Liverpool in a drawn-out move costing 49 million pounds ($76 million).
- Fenerbahce signs Robin van Persie from Man United Updated: Jul-14-15 12:21 pm
ISTANBUL - Fenerbahce completed the signing of Netherlands striker Robin van Persie from Manchester United on Tuesday, with the forward being welcomed to the club by thousands of supporters.
- Juventus sends Tevez to Boca, gets 4 players in return Updated: Jul-13-15 8:00 pm
TURIN, Italy - Juventus made Carlos Tevez's transfer to his hometown club Boca Juniors official on Monday, and announced it is getting options on four players in return.