- Ronaldo and Benzema to miss match hoping to be fit for City Updated: Apr-29-16 7:54 am
MADRID - Real Madrid strikers Cristiano Ronaldo and Karim Benzema will miss Saturday's league match as they try to recover from injuries in time to face Manchester City in the return leg of their Champions League semifinal.
- Real Madrid says Benzema has hamstring injury Updated: Apr-28-16 10:45 am
MADRID - Real Madrid says Karim Benzema has a hamstring injury in his right leg and is doubtful for Wednesday's Champions League game against Manchester City.
- Bayern loses 1-0 to Atletico in Champions League semifinal Updated: Apr-27-16 6:19 pm
MADRID - An early goal by youngster Saul Niguez gave Atletico Madrid a gritty 1-0 victory over Bayern Munich in the first leg of their Champions League semifinal on Wednesday.
- Without Ronaldo, Madrid holds City 0-0 in Champions League Updated: Apr-26-16 6:15 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Real Madrid failed to turn late domination into a goal without the injured Cristiano Ronaldo as Manchester City held on for a 0-0 draw in the first leg of their Champions League semifinal on Tuesday.
- Suarez and Barcelona lead AP Global Football 10 Updated: Apr-26-16 2:52 pm
LONDON - Eight goals in two games for Barcelona sent Luis Suarez straight to the top of the Associated Press Global Football 10 on Tuesday.
- Leicester 1 win from Premier League title after Spurs held Updated: Apr-25-16 6:25 pm
LONDON - Leicester is one victory from becoming one of the unlikeliest champions in English football history - a year after nearly being relegated from the Premier League.
- Ronaldo and Benzema expected to start against Man City Updated: Apr-25-16 3:05 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Real Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane expects Cristiano Ronaldo and Karim Benzema to start against Manchester City in the semifinals of the Champions League on Tuesday.
- Leicester copes without Vardy to take another step to title Updated: Apr-24-16 2:53 pm
LONDON - No Jamie Vardy, no problem for Leicester.
- Sunderland out of relegation zone with 0-0 draw vs Arsenal Updated: Apr-24-16 1:12 pm
SUNDERLAND, England - Sunderland moved out of the relegation zone on Sunday as Arsenal stumbled again in a 0-0 draw in the English Premier League.
- Man City eases past Stoke 4-0 to keep pressure on Man United Updated: Apr-23-16 10:18 am
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester City easily defeated Stoke 4-0 in the English Premier League on Saturday to move five points clear of rival Manchester United in the fight for a Champions League spot.
- Cristiano Ronaldo injured before key matches for Real Madrid Updated: Apr-22-16 9:58 am
MADRID - Cristiano Ronaldo will miss Real Madrid's next match and is in doubt for the team's Champions League semifinal game at Manchester City.
- Thousands of seats empty as Sanchez double sends Arsenal 3rd Updated: Apr-21-16 6:15 pm
LONDON - Alexis Sanchez was surrounded by thousands of empty seats inside Emirates Stadium as he scored twice against West Bromwich Albion to ease Arsenal back into third place with a 2-0 win on Thursday.
- Barcelona shows it's still very much alive in Spanish league Updated: Apr-21-16 3:51 pm
MADRID - That's more like it.
- Bayern extends contract with goalkeeper Neuer until 2021 Updated: Apr-20-16 5:22 am
MUNICH - Bayern Munich says it has extended the contract of goalkeeper Manuel Neuer until 2021.
- Newcastle holds Man City 1-1, Aguero reaches 100 EPL goals Updated: Apr-19-16 6:47 pm
NEWCASTLE, England - Newcastle continued its late fight to avoid relegation from the top tier, drawing 1-1 with Manchester City on Tuesday after Sergio Aguero became the second fastest player to score 100 English Premier League goals.
- Spurs cut Leicester's lead to 5 points by crushing Stoke 4-0 Updated: Apr-18-16 5:51 pm
STOKE, England - Harry Kane and Dele Alli both scored twice Monday as Tottenham crushed Stoke 4-0 with a devastating attacking display to close the gap on Premier League leader Leicester to five points.
- Spanish league heats up after unlikely Barcelona collapse Updated: Apr-18-16 11:27 am
MADRID - Not even the most avid fans in Madrid could see this one coming.
- Arsenal 4th in Premier League after being held 1-1 by Palace Updated: Apr-17-16 1:29 pm
LONDON - Arsenal was prevented from reclaiming third place in the Premier League on Sunday when Yannick Bolasie's late goal gave Crystal Palace a 1-1 draw at the Emirates Stadium.
- Aston Villa relegated after loss against Man United Updated: Apr-16-16 11:59 am
MANCHESTER, England - Aston Villa was relegated for the first time since 1987 after a 1-0 loss against Manchester United on Saturday in the English Premier League.
- Madrid gets City, Atletico faces Bayern in Champions League Updated: Apr-15-16 9:18 am
NYON, Switzerland - Falling short of peak drama, Friday's Champions League draw sent Real Madrid to play Manchester City and paired Atletico Madrid with Bayern Munich in the semifinals.
- Liverpool-Villarreal, Sevilla-Shakhtar in Europa League Updated: Apr-15-16 6:58 am
NYON, Switzerland - Liverpool will play Villarreal in the Europa League semifinals and two-time defending champion Sevilla will face Shakhtar Donetsk.
- Atletico will be just as tough a CL draw as Real Madrid Updated: Apr-14-16 12:43 pm
- Yaya Toure no longer a must-pick for Manchester City Updated: Apr-13-16 7:23 am
MANCHESTER, England - The prospect of Manchester City going into one of the biggest games in the club's history without Yaya Toure in the starting lineup would once have seemed unthinkable.
- Man City ousts PSG to reach Champs League semis for 1st time Updated: Apr-12-16 9:49 pm
MANCHESTER, England - As Manchester City has slipped down the Premier League, it has progressed further than ever in the Champions League.
- Blanc angry as PSG falls short again in bid for European Cup Updated: Apr-12-16 9:30 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Laurent Blanc has one fundamental goal with Paris Saint-Germain: win the Champions League.