- Klopp could return to take over at Liverpool Updated: Oct-06-15 5:59 pm
LIVERPOOL, England - Juergen Klopp appears to be close to taking over as Liverpool manager.
- Liverpool gives up on Rodgers experiment, but maybe too soon Updated: Oct-05-15 1:12 pm
There are two schools of thought regarding how Brendan Rodgers will be remembered at Liverpool.
- United visits Arsenal back in familiar position - as leader Updated: Oct-01-15 12:26 pm
For the first time in 110 weeks, Manchester United enters a Premier League game as the leader. And a trip to Arsenal on Sunday is the perfect platform for Louis van Gaal's side to justify - and fortify - its spot at the summit.
- Marseille midfielder Diarra earns call back with France Updated: Oct-01-15 9:58 am
PARIS - Marseille midfielder Lassana Diarra is back in France's squad for upcoming friendlies against Armenia and Denmark, five years after his last game with the national team.
- Ings, Alli get 1st England call-up for final qualifiers Updated: Oct-01-15 7:40 am
LONDON - Liverpool striker Danny Ings and Tottenham midfielder Dele Alli have been called up by England for the first time for the last two European Championship qualifiers.
- Humbled in CL, English to restore pride in Europa League Updated: Sep-30-15 7:49 am
LONDON - While Premier League sides struggle in the Champions League, the Europa League offers Liverpool and Tottenham the chance to restore some credibility for English teams competing in Europe.
- Liverpool eases pressure on Rodgers with 3-2 win over Villa Updated: Sep-26-15 1:31 pm
LIVERPOOL, England - Liverpool eased the pressure on much-criticized manager Brendan Rodgers following a 3-2 win over Aston Villa on Saturday.
- Dunga calls up 35-year-old Oliveira to replace Firmino Updated: Sep-24-15 5:37 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Brazil's coach Dunga has called up 35-year-old striker Ricardo Oliveira for World Cup qualifiers next month against Chile and Venezuela. The Brazilian soccer confederation announced the move Thursday with Oliveira replacing Roberto Firmino of Liverpool, who has a back injury.
- Norwich captain scores vs Liverpool after son's birth Updated: Sep-20-15 3:38 pm
LIVERPOOL, England - After dashing across England through the night to see the birth of his son, Norwich captain Russell Martin made it back to Liverpool in time to play on Sunday - and scored to secure a 1-1 draw.
- Brazil names World Cup qualifying team without banned Neymar Updated: Sep-17-15 3:06 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Brazil coach Dunga, who will have to do without suspended Barcelona star Neymar as South American World Cup qualifying opens next month, named a squad Thursday headed by Chelsea midfielder Oscar.
- United and Depay begin Champions League against Eindhoven Updated: Sep-14-15 7:55 am
LONDON - After a season-long absence from Europe's top club competition, Manchester United returns to the Champions League on Tuesday with a trip to the Netherlands to face PSV Eindhoven.
- Martial scores debut goal as Man United beats Liverpool 3-1 Updated: Sep-12-15 2:34 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Unburdened by the baggage of being football's most expensive teenager, Anthony Martial produced a moment of magic Saturday on his Manchester United debut to complete a 3-1 victory over Liverpool.