- Liverpool sells Borini to complete restructuring of attack Updated: Aug-31-15 12:00 pm
SUNDERLAND, England - Liverpool completed the restructuring of its forward line by offloading Italian striker Fabio Borini to Sunderland on Monday.
- Shaw, Shelvey recalled by England for Euro qualifiers Updated: Aug-30-15 3:38 pm
LONDON - Manchester United defender Luke Shaw and Swansea midfielder Jonjo Shelvey have been rewarded for strong starts to the Premier League season by earning recalls to the England squad for upcoming European Championship qualifiers.
- Liverpool loans out Markovic to Turkish club Fenerbahce Updated: Aug-30-15 9:03 am
LIVERPOOL, England - Liverpool has sent Serbia winger Lazar Markovic on loan to Turkish club Fenerbahce for the rest of the season.
- City doesn't waste Chelsea slip, Madrid wins big in Spain Updated: Aug-29-15 7:50 pm
LONDON - Chelsea's Premier League title defense is already floundering after a rare home loss let Manchester City increase its lead following a fourth consecutive win on Saturday.
- West Ham stuns Liverpool 3-0 in Premier League Updated: Aug-29-15 12:53 pm
LIVERPOOL, England - Mark Noble scored and was later sent off as West Ham stunned Liverpool 3-0 Saturday for its first victory at Anfield since 1963 in a Premier League game that both teams finished with 10 men.
- Germany picks Liverpool's Emre Can for Euro qualifiers Updated: Aug-28-15 9:09 am
FRANKFURT, Germany - Germany coach Joachim Loew called up Liverpool midfielder Emre Can on Friday for the upcoming European Championship qualifying matches against Poland and Scotland.
- Chelsea missing Terry with captain's place under scrutiny Updated: Aug-27-15 3:12 pm
MANCHESTER, England - John Terry ended last season as still the best center back in the English Premier League.
- Juventus visits Roma looking for first Serie A points Updated: Aug-27-15 8:45 am
MILAN - After the shock of losing its opening Serie A match at home for the first time in its history, defending champion Juventus would have been hoping for an easy second match to get it up and running.
- Cech an asset this time for Arsenal in draw with Liverpool Updated: Aug-24-15 6:08 pm
LONDON - After Petr Cech's opening-day blunders proved so costly for Arsenal, the veteran goalkeeper demonstrated against Liverpool on Monday why he will be an asset rather than a liability for his new team.
- Sterling proving the difference for rampant Man City Updated: Aug-24-15 9:42 am
MANCHESTER, England - Raheem Sterling hasn't scored in his first three games for Manchester City. He is yet to complete 90 minutes. He's even been upstaged by many of his teammates.
- AC Milan in talks with Liverpool over Balotelli loan deal Updated: Aug-23-15 6:01 pm
MILAN - AC Milan's vice president says the club is in talks with Liverpool about bringing striker Mario Balotelli back to Serie A.
- Man City beats Everton 2-0 for 3rd straight league win Updated: Aug-23-15 2:15 pm
LIVERPOOL, England - Manchester City secured a club record-equaling ninth straight league win in beating Everton 2-0 on Sunday, with second-half goals by Aleksandar Kolarov and Samir Nasri keeping the team top of the Premier League after three games.
- Premier League says Liverpool winner should not have stood Updated: Aug-21-15 10:18 am
LONDON - The Premier League has taken the unusual step of publicly saying Liverpool's winning goal against Bournemouth on Monday should have been disallowed.
- Liverpool beats Bournemouth 1-0 in Premier League Updated: Aug-17-15 5:36 pm
LIVERPOOL, England - Christian Benteke scored his first Premier League goal for Liverpool on Monday to give his new team a 1-0 win over promoted Bournemouth in a game that was marked by two disputed refereeing decisions.
- Late strike from Coutinho gives Liverpool 1-0 win at Stoke Updated: Aug-09-15 2:56 pm
STOKE, England - Philippe Coutinho struck a superb late goal to give Liverpool a winning start to the new Premier League season with a barely-deserved 1-0 victory at Stoke on Sunday.
- Few changes at Chelsea for title defense as rivals spend big Updated: Aug-05-15 7:07 pm
After a summer of a sleaze at FIFA, it's time for an even richer force in world football to take center stage: The English Premier League.
- A guide to all 20 Premier League teams for the new season Updated: Aug-04-15 4:27 am
LONDON - A guide to all 20 Premier League teams ahead of the upcoming 2015-16 season, which starts Saturday:
- Liverpool hopes for new era with Henderson at the helm Updated: Aug-03-15 9:27 am
When Liverpool walks out against Stoke at the Britannia Stadium on the opening day of the season, a new man will lead the way.