- Serial winner Mourinho hired to revive fading Man United Updated: May-27-16 7:40 am
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United needed a serial winner to restore the team's status as a European powerhouse. Jose Mourinho craved an iconic stage like Old Trafford to remind the world of his rare talent as a coach.
- Jose Mourinho facing lengthy to-do list at Man United Updated: May-27-16 5:06 am
MANCHESTER, England - Jose Mourinho has a lengthy to-do list after taking over at Manchester United.
- Champions League final in Milan highlights Serie A's crisis Updated: May-26-16 10:02 pm
MILAN - AC Milan failed to qualify for Europe for a third straight season and club president Silvio Berlusconi is in negotiations to sell a majority stake in the club to a group of Chinese investors.
- Ancelotti hoping for some stability at Bayern Munich Updated: May-26-16 9:58 am
LONDON - Carlo Ancelotti's next managerial assignment soon begins at Bayern Munich, and he still hasn't mastered German.
- As Man U aura fades, Mourinho can make club box office again Updated: May-24-16 11:39 am
LONDON - The stability Alex Ferguson fostered over more than 26 years at Old Trafford has eroded in the three years since his retirement. Manchester United often seems like just any other team, shorn of its aura of superiority and orderly calm while churning through managers.
- From champs to flops, assessing the European soccer season Updated: May-23-16 7:00 am
- Spain without Diego Costa, Torres on early Euro 2016 list Updated: May-17-16 8:26 am
MADRID - Spain coach Vicente del Bosque left strikers Diego Costa and Fernando Torres off his preliminary list for the European Championship on Tuesday.
- Chelsea, Spurs fined after heated EPL game Updated: May-16-16 12:51 pm
LONDON - Chelsea and Tottenham have been fined a combined 600,000 pounds ($865,000) by the English Football Association for failing to control their players and officials in a heated Premier League match between the London clubs.
- Champion Leicester ends amazing season with draw at Chelsea Updated: May-15-16 1:53 pm
LONDON - Leicester ended its remarkable title-winning season with a 1-1 draw against manager Claudio Ranieri's former club Chelsea on Sunday in the English Premier League.
- Kompany out, Liverpool pair in Belgium's Euro 2016 squad Updated: May-12-16 7:10 am
BRUSSELS - Vincent Kompany was officially left off Belgium's 23-man squad for next month's European Championship on Thursday.
- Jose Mourinho certain he will be managing again by July Updated: May-12-16 2:28 am
MEXICO CITY - Jose Mourinho is certain he will be managing a club within two months but says the delayed appointment will compromise preseason preparations.
- Benteke scores late to give Liverpool 1-1 draw with Chelsea Updated: May-11-16 5:32 pm
LIVERPOOL, England - A stoppage-time equalizer from substitute Christian Benteke earned Liverpool a 1-1 draw at home to Chelsea in the English Premier League on Wednesday.
- Chelsea buys out Adidas deal 6 yrs early to sign with rival Updated: May-11-16 3:52 pm
LONDON - Chelsea is buying its way out of a sponsorship with sportswear giant Adidas six years early to sign up with a rival jersey maker.
- Spurs midfielder Dembele gets 6-game ban for eye-gouging Updated: May-06-16 12:26 pm
LONDON - Tottenham midfielder Mousa Dembele was banned for six games on Friday after appearing to gouge the eye of Chelsea striker Diego Costa in a fiery London derby in the English Premier League.
- Neymar and Oscar left out of Brazil's Copa America squad Updated: May-05-16 4:30 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Barcelona star Neymar and Chelsea midfielder Oscar have been left off Brazil's squad for the Copa America in the United States next month.
- FA seeks eye-gouging ban for Dembele of more than 3 games Updated: May-04-16 10:54 am
LONDON - The English Football Association wants Tottenham midfielder Mousa Dembele banned for more than three matches for an apparent eye-gouge on Chelsea striker Diego Costa.
- Methodology behind Leicester: Ranieri's winning blueprint Updated: May-04-16 1:28 am
LEICESTER, England - Claudio Ranieri is still struggling to comprehend how he managed to transform Leicester from 5,000-1 outsiders to Premier League champions.
- Football fans everywhere embrace Leicester's title success Updated: May-03-16 9:11 pm
LEICESTER, England - The partisanship that usually defines soccer in England seemed to be temporarily set aside as Leicester City's players were acclaimed as the People's Champions.
- English soccer's superpowers shown up by little Leicester Updated: May-03-16 11:43 am
MANCHESTER, England - One by one, English soccer's supposed superpowers fell off the relentless pace set by Leicester in the Premier League title race.
- Ultimate underdog: Leicester triumph will inspire for years Updated: May-02-16 6:03 pm
LONDON - Whenever sporting fans say they dare to dream in future, Leicester City shows they really can. Sometimes it just takes a long, long time.
- Leicester misses 1st chance to clinch Premier League title Updated: May-01-16 12:38 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Leicester missed its first opportunity to clinch the Premier League title, drawing 1-1 at Manchester United on Sunday to move within two points of the most unlikely championship in English soccer in a generation.
- Ranieri closes in on Hollywood ending with Leicester Updated: Apr-29-16 1:31 pm
LONDON - The Premier League trophy arrived in Leicester on Friday for a promotional tour. It will surely be back next month with Leicester City etched into the solid silver for the first time.
- Bargain-buys, cast-offs driving Leicester's pursuit of title Updated: Apr-28-16 11:13 am
LEICESTER, England - They are the bargain-buys and cast-offs from bigger clubs now on the verge of becoming Premier League champions.