- Transfer window: Club rifts, failed moves, record spend Updated: Sep-01-15 6:06 pm
LONDON - A record $1.3 billion was spent by English Premier League clubs in the summer transfer window.
- Man United moves for Martial as rivals stay quiet Updated: Sep-01-15 1:36 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United took a gamble in making French forward Anthony Martial the most expensive teenager in football history as Premier League spending in the summer transfer window reached record levels on Tuesday.
- Man City breaks transfer record again to sign De Bruyne Updated: Aug-30-15 12:27 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester City demonstrated its financial might by breaking the club's transfer record for the second time this summer to sign Kevin de Bruyne on Sunday, making the Belgium midfielder the second most-expensive player in English football history.
- Palace inflicts Mourinho's 2nd loss in 100 home league games Updated: Aug-29-15 2:56 pm
LONDON - More than just a blip in form, Jose Mourinho's Chelsea Premier League title defense is in trouble after only four games.
- Spain coach calls up David de Gea for Euro 2016 qualifiers Updated: Aug-28-15 9:56 am
MADRID - Spain coach Vicente del Bosque on Friday included goalkeeper David de Gea, Diego Costa and Juan Mata in his squad to take on Slovakia and Macedonia in qualifying matches for next year's European Championship.
- Chelsea missing Terry with captain's place under scrutiny Updated: Aug-27-15 3:12 pm
MANCHESTER, England - John Terry ended last season as still the best center back in the English Premier League.
- Barcelona heads 32-team draw for Champions League groups Updated: Aug-26-15 5:06 pm
GENEVA - The Champions League season takes shape Thursday when UEFA draws 32 elite teams into groups in Monaco.
- Quotes from AP Global Football 10 voters Updated: Aug-25-15 12:08 pm
LONDON - Marco Monteverde, News Corp. Australia
- Chelsea sends winger Cuadrado on loan to Juventus for season Updated: Aug-25-15 10:26 am
LONDON - Chelsea has sent Juan Cuadrado on loan to Juventus for the season less than seven months after buying the winger.
- Man City beats Everton 2-0 for 3rd straight league win Updated: Aug-23-15 2:15 pm
LIVERPOOL, England - Manchester City secured a club record-equaling ninth straight league win in beating Everton 2-0 on Sunday, with second-half goals by Aleksandar Kolarov and Samir Nasri keeping the team top of the Premier League after three games.
- Juventus on verge of signing Cuadrado on loan from Chelsea Updated: Aug-23-15 12:03 pm
TURIN, Italy - Juventus chief executive Giuseppe Marotta has confirmed the club is on the verge of signing Colombia winger Juan Cuadrado on loan from Chelsea.
- Pedro makes instant impact as Chelsea beats West Brom 3-2 Updated: Aug-23-15 10:48 am
WEST BROMWICH, England - Pedro Rodriguez scored one goal and set up another early in his Chelsea debut in a 3-2 win over West Bromwich Albion on Sunday, helping the defending champions to their first Premier League victory of the season.
- Can anyone overthrow Juventus at the top of Serie A? Updated: Aug-20-15 3:03 pm
MILAN - Serie A has had a familiar look to it in the past two seasons, with Juventus winning the league title and Roma finishing second.
- Chelsea signs forward Pedro from Barcelona in $33m deal Updated: Aug-20-15 1:08 pm
LONDON - While Chelsea awaits a first win on the field this season, the Premier League champions scored a satisfying victory in the transfer market on Thursday by beating Manchester United to the signing of Pedro Rodriguez from Barcelona.
- Argentina defender Otamendi joins Man City from Valencia Updated: Aug-20-15 6:20 am
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester City strengthened its defense for the team's bid to regain the Premier League title by signing Argentina center back Nicolas Otamendi from Valencia on Thursday, taking spending this summer close to 100 million pounds ($156 million).
- Rampant Man City crushes Chelsea 3-0 in Premier League Updated: Aug-16-15 3:03 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Sergio Aguero's exquisite solo strike and late goals by Vincent Kompany and Fernandinho earned Manchester City a 3-0 win over Chelsea on Sunday in the first heavyweight showdown in the Premier League, compounding the champions' early-season problems.
- Augsburg: Ghana defender Abdul Rahman Baba joining Chelsea Updated: Aug-16-15 1:39 pm
AUGSBURG, Germany - Augsburg says Ghana defender Abdul Rahman Baba is leaving the club to join Premier League champion Chelsea.
- Mourinho denies being ruthless after spat with medical staff Updated: Aug-14-15 9:54 am
LONDON - Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho played down the significance of dropping two members of his medical staff from match-day duties for treating an injured player, saying Friday "we need disagreements to improve."
- Mourinho chided by medics for 'unjust' downgrading of doctor Updated: Aug-12-15 4:15 pm
LONDON - After only one weekend of the English Premier League season, Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho is in familiar territory: Embroiled in an irrational dispute and his conduct being denounced.
- FA rejects Chelsea appeal following Courtois red card Updated: Aug-11-15 11:15 am
LONDON - The English Football Association says Tuesday that it has rejected Chelsea's appeal against the red card shown to goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois during the 2-2 draw with Swansea.
- Struggles and surprises as Premier League gets moving Updated: Aug-10-15 6:26 pm
LONDON - It is, of course, much too early to try to read something into the first round of matches in a Premier League season that has another 37 games and more than eight months to run.
- Man City beats West Brom 3-0 in Premier League Updated: Aug-10-15 5:14 pm
WEST BROMWICH, England - Yaya Toure scored twice in the first half Monday as Manchester City began its Premier League campaign with an impressive 3-0 win over West Bromwich Albion.
- Arsenal stunned by 2-0 loss to West Ham after Cech errors Updated: Aug-09-15 11:02 am
LONDON - Arsenal began the Premier League season with a shock 2-0 defeat by West Ham after a nightmare debut for new goalkeeper Petr Cech at Emirates Stadium on Sunday.