- Villa owner wants team promoted, and to help soccer in China Updated: May-20-16 12:16 pm
BEIJING - The little-known businessman who bought Aston Villa is hoping to improve both the English club and Chinese soccer in general.
- Ginola in light-hearted mood after being hospitalized Updated: May-19-16 2:25 pm
PARIS - Former France player David Ginola gave reassuring news and joked about the World Cup being organized in Qatar after suffering a heat stroke.
- English soccer club Aston Villa sold to Chinese buyer Updated: May-18-16 8:11 pm
BIRMINGHAM, England - Aston Villa was sold Wednesday to a Chinese businessman after a decade under the American ownership of Randy Lerner.
- Column: Relegation is football's teacher of hope Updated: May-16-16 11:55 am
PARIS - Those who have experienced relegation, football's annual ritual culling of the weak, say the pain of being sent to the next league down is almost as intense as the grief of death.
- Arsenal secures 2nd place in EPL Updated: May-15-16 1:58 pm
LONDON - Arsenal ended the English Premier League season in second place after Olivier Giroud scored a hat trick on Sunday to lead Arsenal to a 4-0 victory over relegated Aston Villa.
- Tottenham lose 5-1 to Newcastle, finish 3rd in EPL Updated: May-15-16 12:28 pm
NEWCASTLE, England - Tottenham blew its chance to finish second in the English Premier League following a 5-1 final-day thrashing at relegated 10-man Newcastle on Sunday. Newcastle went 2-0 up before halftime through Georginio Wijnaldum and Aleksander Mitrovic in the 19th and 39th minutes.
- Arsenal holds Man City to 2-2 draw in Premier League Updated: May-08-16 1:16 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Arsenal plunged Manchester City's Champions League qualification chances into doubt by twice coming from behind to draw 2-2 in a gripping Premier League game on Sunday.
- Man United moves 1 point behind Man City in top-4 fight Updated: May-07-16 1:29 pm
NORWICH, England - Manchester United moved closer to the top four by beating relegation-threatened Norwich 1-0 on Saturday in the English Premier League.
- Newcastle moves closer to EPL relegation, draws with Villa Updated: May-07-16 1:21 pm
BIRMINGHAM, England - Newcastle stumbled at the worst possible time in its fight for Premier League survival, drawing 0-0 against already relegated Aston Villa on Saturday.
- Villa to hold off getting new manager until club is sold Updated: May-06-16 11:09 am
BIRMINGHAM, England - Aston Villa is set to hold off hiring a new manager until the relegated English Premier League club is sold.
- Agbonlahor quits as captain of relegated Aston Villa Updated: Apr-28-16 12:04 pm
BIRMINGHAM, England - Gabby Agbonlahor has quit as Aston Villa captain and apologized for his off-field conduct.
- Bargain-buys, cast-offs driving Leicester's pursuit of title Updated: Apr-28-16 11:13 am
LEICESTER, England - They are the bargain-buys and cast-offs from bigger clubs now on the verge of becoming Premier League champions.